Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,932 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. (12751 Views)

Can Nigerian Legion Members Carry Guns? / Christian Association Of Nigeria (CAN) Denies N7b Bribery Allegation / I Never Said Nigerians Should Be Allowed To Carry Guns —oritsejafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by omo9ja1(m): 11:49am On Sep 14, 2011
I don't agree with CAN on this statement, how can such words come out of people like a Christ follower, I think the issue in Jos is simply lapses of security in the country, This people live together for many many years why the killing now? divide Jos in 2 Christian Camp and Muslin Camp simply for a start setup a central market between them loaded with security agent and see how they go from theresmiley
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by deeflamez(m): 11:53am On Sep 14, 2011
Cant you all see that the statement was made in pure sarcasm?  undecided undecided undecided

Oritsejafor added that if the president could no longer guarantee the safety of life and property of Nigerians, in accordance with the oath he took, then the National Assembly should immediately enact a law that would make every Nigerian to carry arms for their own protection.   undecided undecided undecided

Meaning, this one wey be say our President no even fit give us wetin we vote am in for,then we go kuku do am by ourself,   cool cool cool

You dig? grin grin grin
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by kabba7(m): 11:54am On Sep 14, 2011
CAN need to callfor tender to buy for them 50 million piece AK of any model urgently openly no hidden magomago.CAN get the monk tru rite
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by merge(f): 11:55am On Sep 14, 2011
omo9ja1:

I don't agree with CAN on this statement, how can such words come out of people like a Christ follower, I think the issue in Jos is simply lapses of security in the country, This people live together for many many years why the killing now? divide Jos in 2 Christian Camp and Muslin Camp simply for a start setup a central market between them loaded with security agent and see how they go from theresmiley

What is wrong with you Christ Followers. Don't Christians go to war. Will prayer block a bullet coming to your head?
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by Barrywhite8620: 11:57am On Sep 14, 2011
i vehemently agree wif dem,
Now if police chance me with gun, i go chance dem back. sad
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by tgbnetwork(f): 11:58am On Sep 14, 2011
The idea is interesting. Although I am not certain it should have come from CAN. Plus the mental stability of many Nigerians is questionable at best.Plus the most affected people, such as those in the remote villages under attack regularly in Jos, may more than likely not be able to afford guns. If not for this singular fact I would have supported this idea. The psychology of knowing that the next person may be wielding a firearm would be a deterrent to a number of residential criminalities. It is frustrating that the government is failing in its fundamental duty of protecting its citizens. God help us all.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by BetaThings: 12:01pm On Sep 14, 2011
@Islamrules
Islam tells me not to insult any religious institution (Prophets, Priests etc). I can contest their beliefs, but not insult religious personalities
Anyone spelling Allah's name in small letters does not deserve my response
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by merge(f): 12:03pm On Sep 14, 2011
BetaThings:

@Islamrules
Islam tells me not to insult any religious institution (Prophets, Priests etc). I can contest their beliefs, but not insult religious personalities

allah shit smiley smiley wink
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by islamrules(m): 12:12pm On Sep 14, 2011

Lapse in the security ? or No security at all. We should take our own security as our own responsibility.

Is it in Jos only ? What about Borno ?

It is obvious there is no security just like there is no electricity. The government itself knows.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by georgem(m): 12:15pm On Sep 14, 2011
it is very shameful that those who should preach peace at all times now come to this, haba! did Jesus Christ ever asked his followers to pick up swords and fight back. i must really say that the leaders of both christian association and the islamic groups have not acted maturedly. why spit fire as if they wants to start another war? both religious groups should find a way to co-exist and resolve this issues. afterall it is not Gods wish that the sinner should die but rather he allowed away so that the can repent and gain salvation. if Nigerian s are allowed to carry gun, hmmm! i pity you all. it means we would start talking less and the number of homicides would be on the increase cos people would shot b4 you even think of saying i'm sorry. roberries would increase and there shall no longer be security Haba is that what we preach at the mosques or churches?
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by kokoA(m): 12:19pm On Sep 14, 2011
They can sponsor the bill if they are serious about this. undecided
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by pynkspyce: 12:23pm On Sep 14, 2011
i guess the goal of CAN is to have Nigerians waste themselves. This country with our "do u know who i am syndrome", common things turn to fight, then when we all have guns what happens? shit men!
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by MrCork17: 12:29pm On Sep 14, 2011
I already have mine! wink
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by islamrules(m): 12:32pm On Sep 14, 2011
it is very shameful that those who should preach peace at all times now come to this, haba! did Jesus Christ ever asked his followers to pick up swords and fight back.

No wonder so many people fail WAEC. To read and understand is the problem here.
Where is it mentioned in the article that CAN told christian to pick a gun and start fighting.
What CAN is envisaging for is:
If the govenment cannot provide seciurity as it is obvious, they should allow us to protect ourselves. Having a gun does not mean start fighting religion war.
They use gun in America/West, yet the number of people killled in Nigeria daily is more than that of America.

i must really say that the leaders of both christian association and the islamic groups have not acted maturedly.
Na today, because of Islamic banking some leader claimed they are ready to go to war.

why spit fire as if they wants to start another war? both religious groups should find a way to co-exist and resolve this issues. afterall it is not Gods wish that the sinner should die but rather he allowed away so that the can repent and gain salvation.
Now you are speaking like a learned person.

if Nigerian s are allowed to carry gun,  hmmm! i pity you all. it means we would start talking less and the number of homicides would be on the increase cos people would shot b4 you even think of saying i'm sorry.

roberries would increase and there shall no longer be security Haba is that what we preach at the mosques or churches?
What are you thinking robbery will what ? Imagine going to rob a house in America. You know the inhabitants already have a gun. You will it over and over before you do. There is no mr. perfect when it gets to gun fire.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by islamrules(m): 12:36pm On Sep 14, 2011
@Islamrules

Oops may allah forgive my keyboard, my caps lock was messing up. And I tried to type allah in arabic, I couldnt find arabic capital letters. I was told there is no capital letters in arabic.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by merge(f): 12:51pm On Sep 14, 2011
Christianity and Islam should be abolished from Black Africa. These religions are a copy of the religion practiced by the black Africans in ancient Egyptian. Bleep Allah and Jesus. They are not African religions. Only blacks that love to be slaves and ignorant of Africa history practices these religions. They have no say in the African people lives.

Politics should never be fixed with religion.

Nigerian government/police fail to protect the people than the people have the right to protect themselves.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by mallorca(m): 12:53pm On Sep 14, 2011
CAN are confused as Nigeria goverment
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by TheDoc: 12:56pm On Sep 14, 2011
sentiment aside. We can deceive others but not ourselves,worst deciet is self deceit. Come to think of it, CAN a straight forward thinking sensible thinking person ever say this as a solution? A country where there is no crime no law vice ver sa.Pls respond lets hear ur opinion,
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by whiteroses(f): 12:57pm On Sep 14, 2011
as a normal christian that thinks this will add fire to the fuel, because if my aunt in Jos should eject her ak-47 and kill an intruder, the next time the intruders will brink a grenade and destro them all. Jonathan goodluck need to recruit thousands of  professional security men with uniforms across Nigeria, this will be their speciality, in Nigeria we have nothing that protect individuals and people of the country. The police are trying they keep the street peaceful and we need more security.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by whiteroses(f): 1:00pm On Sep 14, 2011
islamrules:

Oops may allah forgive my keyboard, my caps lock was messing up. And I tried to type allah in arabic, I couldnt find arabic capital letters. I was told there is no capital letters in arabic.

merge:

allah poo  smiley smiley wink

monkey bananas grin Allah means God in Arabic a christian can use the word as well, the defender was right unknowingly so don't think you are taking the piss with her God should be spelt with a capital "G" and so is [b]A[/b]llah cause he is the almighty supreme God
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by merge(f): 1:05pm On Sep 14, 2011
whiteroses:

monkey bananas grin Allah means God in Arabic a christian can use the word as well, the defender was right unknowingly so don't think you are taking the piss with her God should be spelt with a capital "G" and so is [b]A[/b]llah cause he is the almighty supreme God

allah shit
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by whiteroses(f): 1:32pm On Sep 14, 2011
Mr, Cork:

I already have mine! wink

roflmao before nko majority of us already have CAN is four years and 1kobo late grin
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by islamrules(m): 1:35pm On Sep 14, 2011
monkey bananas Grin Allah means God in Arabic a christian can use the word as well, the defender was right unknowingly so don't think you are taking the piss with her God should be spelt with a capital "G" and so is Allah cause he is the almighty supreme God

My dear white pig mediocre
I dont care if Jehovah is spelled jehovah or God spelled god.
god didnt tell moses to start is name with capital letters.

Hebrews letters does not have capital letters too.

Does capital letters make god powerless.

What is the capital of [size=20pt]إ[/size] in [size=20pt]إله[/size]

Put the capital letter here.

The muslims has made it clear times without number that allah is different from jehovah.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by Nuit50: 1:43pm On Sep 14, 2011
Christianity is strictly based on the teachings of Jesus Christ,and Christ never supported his followers to fight or carry arms,for vengance is of God. In this i say that Oritsejiafor has failed it and needs to plead for the repentance of sin for saying such and misleading great number of christians and even non christians.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by harakiri(m): 1:44pm On Sep 14, 2011
merge:

Christianity and Islam should be abolished from Black Africa. These religions are a copy of the religion practiced by the black Africans in ancient Egyptian. bleep Allah and Jesus. They are not African religions. Only blacks that love to be slaves and ignorant of Africa history practices these religions. They have no say in the African people lives.

Politics should never be fixed with religion.

Nigerian government/police fail to protect the people than the people have the right to protect themselves.

Please tell them. The problem with our people is that they have been totally brainwashed with religion from childhood to the extent, they can't think outside the box . The indoctrination has eaten so deep into them that they can't possibly see how they can live without religion. If we are to gauge the IQ of the average Nigerian with the kind of responses on this thread, then it's obvious that the future of this nation is very bleak. This generation is nothing but an abysmal failure! The people who are taking this country for a ride are the same people who have been there for the past 30-50years and THEY ARE STILL THERE running things! When a younger person tries to rise up, it's the same younger generation that pull him/her down with sentiments such as "you lack experience" OR "you don't have what it takes" OR "Nigeria needs people of experience". No wonder IBB had the guts to repeat the same sentiments on live television when he said "The youths of today don't have what it takes to move this nation forward". Imagine that!

Remove religion from the system of things and see if Nigerians won't begin to take their destinies into their hands. Remove religion and see the masses react with instant action on any irregularities in government affairs. The people will become intolerant to the endless tales of missing billions and they would readily march en-masse to the government houses to carry out jungle justice on these thieves (if the government refuses to act accordingly). Nobody will sit back and watch one man steal trillions while the masses suffer. Look around you. . .All they do is pray,pray,pray and fast,fast,fast and pray some more. The price of gas keeps going up, the roads are worse than before,crime is skyrocketing and with the abundance of religion, the people still remain vile,wicked and mean to themselves. So much for the "benefits" of religion.

Pathetic! ! !
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 14, 2011
It's high time we had our own riffles as Nigerians. No one dare Bleep with you when he's aware that you've got your own arms as well. Sincerely, I wish this can be passed into law so I can pick up ma riffle asap cox Naija na war zone now ooo
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by Nuit50: 1:45pm On Sep 14, 2011
Christianity is strictly based on the teachings of Jesus Christ,and Christ never supported his followers to fight or carry arms,for vengance is of God. In this i say that Oritsejiafor has failed it and needs to plead for the repentance of sin for saying such and misleading great number of christians and even non christians.
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by Nuit50: 1:49pm On Sep 14, 2011
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by whiteroses(f): 1:52pm On Sep 14, 2011
islamrules:

My dear white pig mediocre
I dont care if Jehovah is spelled jehovah or God spelled god.
god didnt tell moses to start is name with capital letters.

Hebrews letters does not have capital letters too.

Does capital letters make god powerless.

What is the capital of [size=20pt]إ[/size] in [size=20pt]إله[/size]

Put the capital letter here.

The muslims has made it clear times without number that allah is different from jehovah.

tongue
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by holahabib: 2:03pm On Sep 14, 2011
CAN/Oritsejafor is WRONG. He should be asking the government to do 2 things:

1. Cut down the salary(packages) of all public office holders by 80%, then hopefully we will have honest leaders.

2. Create a platform for the SNC to hold as soon as possible.

If both do not work, then Nigeria is surely doomed to fail by 2015.

Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by islamrules(m): 2:26pm On Sep 14, 2011

Are you saying Christians are sets of baboon/monkeys who does not need to protect themselves.

They just come to this planet like animal/Ram. Anybody can kill them anytime they want ?
Re: Allow Nigerians To Carry Guns - Christian Association Of Nigeria. by atasteve: 2:46pm On Sep 14, 2011
shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Olawunmi Ogunmosunle Explains Delay In Payment Of MDAs’ October Salaries / Hope Uzodimma Commissions Hospital, Courts In Omuma, Oru East LGA. / ‘Thank You For Your Prayers’ – President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.