Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,605 members, 7,801,762 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation (28894 Views)

Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! / What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? / After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Dickson178(m): 8:50am On Feb 28, 2023
StPete:

Nah…I can’t Bleep another man’s wife when there are plenty young girls available. But I don’t see the kind of money a young couple is looking for in the early stage of their marriage
should I give a try with my wife?😅
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 28, 2023
Get a side chic in PH and stop whining, you have no right to complain since both of your decided that money and career is more important than your marriage. Lets see how you handle the stress when the child comes on board, cos if you want the best for that child your wife will make the ultimate sacrifice in her career and you may have to shoulder the financial burden of the family, unless you want to turn baby over to minders ad creche.
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by EmekaBlue(m): 8:59am On Feb 28, 2023
Phone calls,chat and have side fucker

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Lamanii22(f): 9:00am On Feb 28, 2023
Hassanmaye:

Mtsww no be woman? When money is involved is there anything you can't do

The shocker here is that my husband and I don’t have money yet, it was pure love, true love sef can humble you… didn’t even mind what I was gonna go through but love prevailed

Your reasoning about generalization is stale….
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by StPete: 9:08am On Feb 28, 2023
Dickson178:
should I give a try with my wife?😅

Taah! U wey never marry 😂😂
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Dickson178(m): 9:14am On Feb 28, 2023
StPete:

Taah! U wey never marry 😂😂
how you take know say I never marry? 😅
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by occfx: 9:22am On Feb 28, 2023
Lamanii22:
Not seeing my husband a whole day is hard not to talk of living apart…. I don’t think I can deal 😴😴

You married your love... Some people above me are either in a miserable relationship or terrible people.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by occfx: 9:24am On Feb 28, 2023
Lamanii22:

I don’t agree with you… not like you’re both glued at home or something, you’d both go to work and back I think that’s enough space instead of not seeing each other a whole week or months… except you don’t really love each other… my husband and I don’t get tired of seeing each other…

Same here, our own be like say we just met but it's 8yrs already. Every day is just fun... Na money and Buhari Wan come spoil show for us but God no gree

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Hassanmaye(m): 9:29am On Feb 28, 2023
Lamanii22:

The shocker here is that my husband and I don’t have money yet, it was pure love, true love sef didn’t even mind what I was gonna go through but love prevailed

Your reasoning about generalization is stale….
Hmmmm

2 Likes

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by StPete: 9:36am On Feb 28, 2023
Dickson178:
how you take know say I never marry? 😅

because them don fvck the girl u suppose marry and give am belle grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/7414288/girl-wanted-marry-pregnant-another
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Dickson178(m): 9:51am On Feb 28, 2023
StPete:

because them don fvck the girl u suppose marry and give am belle grin grin
Jesus Christ! How you take know? 😂😂
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Klass99(f): 10:21am On Feb 28, 2023
smiley

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Tayoajii(m): 10:27am On Feb 28, 2023
If truly your wife is a public health worker, try as much as possible, to get her transferred to the location where you are residing to ensure that the issue of getting tired about the whole situation is resolved and also for the sake of your expected baby.

Thank you.
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by freddie009(m): 10:36am On Feb 28, 2023
advanceDNA:

Its the sweetest type of relationship if u both can navigate it well and build discipline... sex doesnt get boring easily and u miss each other which will make cherish every moment when u see....
....sadly it can also be an adultery infested relationship with a couple of doses of paternity fraud if u are not sexualy disciplined

Abuja boys aka gigolo men
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by freddie009(m): 10:43am On Feb 28, 2023
FatherCHRISTMAS:
Young Couples are meant to be closer to each other.

I think so, after years of marriage then they can afford to be apart.
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by freddie009(m): 10:44am On Feb 28, 2023
Klass99:

Interestingly, this is my ideal type of marriage. I am not crazy about the gum body type of marriage we seem to prefer and cherish in Nigeria.

The two shall become one, does not mean we will be attached to the hip like siamese twins abeg. Personally I will thrive in any of these scenarios - separate bedrooms, separate houses and long distance marriage, where we both reside in the same country.

Emotional being or not, I like the reality of my space and my individual life even when married. A good marriage in my opinion is two adults (who are well adjusted and responsible) taking care of each other physically, emotionally, sexually and financially..........without choking themselves or being overly needy and trying to make their spouse a second saviour after Christ.

Why do you think dating relationships are sweeter and more enjoyable than marriage? One reason is the fact that, we are not in each other's faces or space 24/7 like marriage entails.

Two things I can deduce from your writeup
1. You aren't married
2. You are below 25

You aren't matured yet to understand.
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Jackipapa: 10:47am On Feb 28, 2023
Okosin:
I am an engineer working in Port Harcourt while my wife is a public health worker working in Abuja. May 2023 will make us two years in marriage. We are expecting out First child soonest.
Sometimes i just feel frustrated at the whole thing but then We still have to make ends meet. We have applied for jobs in each others location all to no avail. I am becoming tired of the whole situation especially with the coming of our child. I need meaningful advice on what to do.p

We have changed the plan and purpose of God concerning marriage because of what we will eat and what we will wear (making ends meet).
Husband and wife are to stay together, pray together, play together and eat together, raise your children together under one roof till death do you part.
Find a common ground, let your wife stay with you and let God provide job for her in your location.
Do this and thank me later. This is one of the reasons infidelity is rampant in our days.
Thank you for taking action and taking it now!
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by akube34: 10:53am On Feb 28, 2023
Goodlady:
As long as you update my account with money, I ll cope. Who needs to see face to face when seeing your man too much ll lead to monitoring. You can be hustling for our future in Lagos or Aba while I chill in Abuja.
I ll wait for your love. Just do the needful stated above.
because you wil have someone around servicing you na
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by hassan4: 10:56am On Feb 28, 2023
One thing's for sure, she's cheating on you and has online lovers who keep her company. Just try to ignore all that and focus on your marriage. You might be cheating as well but if she's everything you need in a woman then cherish her and build on it positively.
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Honeydenz(f): 11:05am On Feb 28, 2023
Austus2011:
It's not advisable at all, my marriage crashed after 10 months as a result of distance marriage. Abeg find all means to unite with your family as it's still young.
I am in long distance marriage also, and sir if you don't mind can you tell us what crashed your marriage, what transpired? because while the cons every one here is saying is true, my consolation rest on d that fact that even couples living together do have a crash marriages also
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by tiswell(m): 11:32am On Feb 28, 2023
Goodlady:
As long as you update my account with money, I ll cope. Who needs to see face to face when seeing your man too much ll lead to monitoring. You can be hustling for our future in Lagos or Aba while I chill in Abuja.
I ll wait for your love. Just do the needful stated above.
single mom don drop quote undecided
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Klass99(f): 11:40am On Feb 28, 2023
smiley

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by freddie009(m): 11:48am On Feb 28, 2023
Klass99:

Lmao🤣, okay. What a deduction and assumption.

You have your idea of marriage and I have mine, there is no rule book that says we must all follow the same path, set patterns or man made traditional rules of marriage.

Each couple is allowed to tweak and redefine their marriage as it best suits them. No one should be projecting their beliefs or practices on others. EOD!

I do not intend to force my opinion on you, but as you age, your outlook on life may shift.
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by kayyk(m): 11:56am On Feb 28, 2023
Affordable monitor available
strictly4data:
Greetings!

I'm a Data Scientist. I help solve project works, entry level take home assessments, and graduate (Msc) assignments in Data Analysis, Data Science, SQL, Python, Tableau, Ms Excel, R etc.

WhatsApp: 081 49 42 84 90
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Passionnfruitt: 12:14pm On Feb 28, 2023
I know of an elderly couple whose entire relationship till the man retired was long distance.
Husband had government job in one state, wife dealt business in another state.
The man came home on weekends only.
They have four children and they are all well adjusted and well-behaved, from what one can observe, at least.

It worked for them because their personalities could handle it.

But ideally, couples should live and stay together under one roof.
The success of the arrangement depends on how long they've been married, the level of understanding between the couple, other physical and nonphysical circumstances.

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Miyovwe: 12:31pm On Feb 28, 2023
Honeydenz:

That's the kind of marriage am in right now, am in Delta state asaba my husband resides in Edo state. For four years now it's been like this, both of us been working apart and with two kids I can tell u it's not easy for me expecially. Asides d wahala with my two daughters (children getting sick and only me running around d hospital, dropping them in school combined that with government work) I think I prefer it. Ask me Why: NOW I will highlights d pro and cons below

PRO
1.NO FIGHT OR QUARRELS AS SEEN IN MOST COUPLES LIVING TOGETHER
2.FAMILY MEMBERS FROM BOTH SIDE FIND IT HARD TO INTERFERE IN YOUR MARRIAGE since both aren't living together, they rarely visit so they find it extremely difficult to draw conclusion on you or your husband's behavior.
3.MOST MEN BECOME MARRIED BACHELOR, you have all the time and resources to still execute plans u would have executed if u were still single since u have a working class and supportive wife who is not actively dependent on you for survival. You can proceed with ur MSc degree or Ph.D with little or no challenges
4. YOU MISS EACH OTHER ALOT

CONS
1.SEX LIFE IS ALMOST ZERO
2. IT'S A MORE EXPENSIVE MARRIAGE ARRANGEMENTS (I rented in asaba, he rents in Edo, I buy gas in asaba, he buys in Edo, I cook in asaba, he cooks in Edo, almost everything in our house in asaba is also there in Edo) I haven't mentioned transport money for frequent visits and recharge card money for lengthy calls
3. ROOM FOR INFIDELITY expecially from the husband's side. You re practically treating new infection all d time and u can't remember sleeping with any other person other than your dear husband.
4. ACCIDENT OR KIDNAPPED since he's always shuttling two states (Godforbit sha)
5. DISTRACTION FROM WORK (for example my husband is starting to contemplate on starting a business instead of working under someone. because when our kids are seriously sick, he's uncomfortable and take excuse frequently from work just to come and visit which most bosses don't like)
6. PREGNANCY/TRUST ISSUES, you are constantly afraid of your hubby getting another woman pregnant or you getting pregnant for another man, and this type of pregnancy can lead to marriage failure/divorce if not handled carefully. using myself as a case study, am constantly afraid my husband might get a girl pregnant and she gives birth to a baby boy while I have two daughters, am yet to bear him a male child.

SO IF YOU'RE SOMEONE WHO LIKES THE TRUTH AND CAN HANDLE IT, THESE ARE THE BASICS COMING FROM SOMEONE ACTIVELY INVOLVED IN A LONG DISTANCE MARRIAGE, SO IT'S LEFT FOR COUPLES TO DECIDE. THANKS FOR READING!!!

Welldone ma, more grease to your elbow 💪 💪

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Exceed15: 12:50pm On Feb 28, 2023
Oga source of income ( money) is very key. All this emotional love is not enough. Find a way to manage it. Your children deserve good lives.
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by LoudlyMouthed: 1:15pm On Feb 28, 2023
Her marriage is at the earliest <10yrs

She shldnt expect what's glamorously shown on TV, Print & Electronic Media.. in her marriage.

Rather she should work to make hers a blessed one (not only when there are kids, male child, cars, houses, businesses here n there, visa..) for imitation and a good example for recommendations.

When a wife listens to or thinks more about outside voices than her husband's, there'd always be a lifelong problem.

When a husband thinks more about outside voices, lifelong wahala.

Go deep into the lives of those feminists n they'd tell you what they wish they'd done. Same with gay.

No marriage is perfect. We all would have to learn to live with each other to make it work as much as we can.

She needs his attention, love and care
He needs her respect, trust and support

As a man/woman in your 6mnths-100yrs marriage, have you been able to do all these 100%?

But take note:
If you realize your mistakes, apologize n make amends immediately there's any issue your partner or child(ren) sees n knows.

That'll be part of what's building up your relationship. It'd be stronger if the other person does same.

That's marriage.

But, many (wife n husband) have issues with pride. Don't come here with mood swings BLA BLA Black

You stay with each other. That's what it's supposed to be. But work, health, kids.. bad voices make many distant themselves.

And, oh, if you're asking bout Loudlymouthed?
OMG 😳
With grace from above, it's gtn a wonderful marriage life n busy everyday with everyone out there in this great hustle - as money no dey reach rich man grin
sureprince01:

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him.
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by LoudlyMouthed: 1:23pm On Feb 28, 2023
May the Almighty continue to bless you both. And pls, put your husband in your prayers ALWAYS

You spoke what's truly happening.
It'd be better someday and you'd be another good example for younger generations
Honeydenz:

That's the kind of marriage am in right now, am in Delta state asaba my husband resides in Edo state. For four years now it's been like this, both of us been working apart and with two kids I can tell u it's not easy for me expecially. Asides d wahala with my two daughters (children getting sick and only me running around d hospital, dropping them in school combined that with government work) I think I prefer it. Ask me Why: NOW I will highlights d pro and cons below

PRO
1.NO FIGHT OR QUARRELS AS SEEN IN MOST COUPLES LIVING TOGETHER
2.FAMILY MEMBERS FROM BOTH SIDE FIND IT HARD TO INTERFERE IN YOUR MARRIAGE since both aren't living together, they rarely visit so they find it extremely difficult to draw conclusion on you or your husband's behavior.
3.MOST MEN BECOME MARRIED BACHELOR, you have all the time and resources to still execute plans u would have executed if u were still single since u have a working class and supportive wife who is not actively dependent on you for survival. You can proceed with ur MSc degree or Ph.D with little or no challenges
4. YOU MISS EACH OTHER ALOT

CONS
1.SEX LIFE IS ALMOST ZERO
2. IT'S A MORE EXPENSIVE MARRIAGE ARRANGEMENTS (I rented in asaba, he rents in Edo, I buy gas in asaba, he buys in Edo, I cook in asaba, he cooks in Edo, almost everything in our house in asaba is also there in Edo) I haven't mentioned transport money for frequent visits and recharge card money for lengthy calls
3. ROOM FOR INFIDELITY expecially from the husband's side. You re practically treating new infection all d time and u can't remember sleeping with any other person other than your dear husband.
4. ACCIDENT OR KIDNAPPED since he's always shuttling two states (Godforbit sha)
5. DISTRACTION FROM WORK (for example my husband is starting to contemplate on starting a business instead of working under someone. because when our kids are seriously sick, he's uncomfortable and take excuse frequently from work just to come and visit which most bosses don't like)
6. PREGNANCY/TRUST ISSUES, you are constantly afraid of your hubby getting another woman pregnant or you getting pregnant for another man, and this type of pregnancy can lead to marriage failure/divorce if not handled carefully. using myself as a case study, am constantly afraid my husband might get a girl pregnant and she gives birth to a baby boy while I have two daughters, am yet to bear him a male child.

SO IF YOU'RE SOMEONE WHO LIKES THE TRUTH AND CAN HANDLE IT, THESE ARE THE BASICS COMING FROM SOMEONE ACTIVELY INVOLVED IN A LONG DISTANCE MARRIAGE, SO IT'S LEFT FOR COUPLES TO DECIDE. THANKS FOR READING!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Lamanii22(f): 1:29pm On Feb 28, 2023
occfx:

Same here, our own be like say we just met but it's 8yrs already. Every day is just fun... Na money and Buhari Wan come spoil show for us but God no gree

Awwwwn… amen

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by LoudlyMouthed: 1:30pm On Feb 28, 2023
Hassanmaye:

This is true my married ex has been disturbing me since, the tension will always be there.
pressure ti wa cry

Talk sense into him/her, if they persist run ooo
Na when there's water fish dey swim wink
Re: Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation by Afodot0022(m): 1:31pm On Feb 28, 2023
I think you have really say all we need to know about this issue, your points are top notch and real. They both have advantage and disadvantages and each partner should be disciplined not to sway away. Am in same situation, but luckily we are in the same state but not same geographical location. She got a govt job and distance from home stress her up and also spend so much on tfare. She rented an apartment in the station she works and do come hope weekend to check on us and the kids cos for now the kids are with me and waiting for them to finish this term so they can be with her for proper care. At first i wasnt comfortable with the idea of her living another place but i noticed the distance create fonding and also makes us miss each other and cherish the moment we spend together. Now i like the setting of us staying apart cos we dont fight much the way we do when we live together. But everything when south when i discovered that she was have an emotional affair with another man which made me to send her away . Now we are living apart and no hope for the future of the marriage. So as i said it takes strong couples to tend of the living apart thing else it will end in dissapointment.
Miyovwe:

Welldone ma, more grease to your elbow 💪 💪

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is it Wrong to Call Your Friend's Wife by her first name? / Lady Donates Her Kidney To Her Mother As A Christmas Gift To Her (pics) / If You Were To Name Your Child After A Nigerian Town/City, Which Will It Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.