Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,257 members, 7,780,557 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:27 PM

A Yabatech Student? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Yabatech Student? (9234 Views)

Burial Of Charity Dazan YABATECH Student That Died - Touching Photos / Photos: See What A Yabatech Student Made As His Final Year Project / ASUP Strike--yabatech Student Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Yabatech Student? by ngmilitant: 1:09pm On Aug 30, 2007
i register for OND course and don't seem to know what's next.is there going to be an exam?
somebody hit me up,my celly digits re 08065258258 or drop yours!

thanks
Re: A Yabatech Student? by sussy1(f): 12:53pm On Aug 31, 2007
Go to the school website to find out about their admission process

www.yabatech.edu.ng
Re: A Yabatech Student? by ngmilitant: 1:17pm On Aug 31, 2007
the info of whether there would be an exam don't see to be on the site or could u give me the straight link to where it is on the website.?
Re: A Yabatech Student? by james7bond(m): 11:54pm On Sep 01, 2007
I also applied for the ND prog, Part Time
I heard the screening exercise will come up on 22 Sept. The ND prog, full time and part time. Its gonna be oral and not written as previous screenings. You will have to bring your documents (original/photocopy, i wouldn't know which) for the screening exercise.

Check the school for latest additional news as there may be re-schedules before the main date. I'l appreciate if u get back to me if there is any news. I'm not in Lagos at the moment, 08055804472.
Re: A Yabatech Student? by ngmilitant: 4:46pm On Sep 02, 2007
thanks man,i'd check and get back to u.
Re: A Yabatech Student? by Ayo4real20: 11:17am On Sep 04, 2007
na whao can u imagine,yabatech want 2 buy a jet .d post ume form is 6,500.delsu is 2,250 while uniben is 1,750.and every other school.but yabatech is too expensive.how una see ds one oooo
Re: A Yabatech Student? by james7bond(m): 10:26pm On Sep 05, 2007
Bring the followings along with u for YABATECH screening test on Sept, 22nd.

ONLINE APPLICATION FORM,
O'LEVEL RESULTS,
SSCE TESTIMONIAL
BIRTH CERTIFICATE
E-TRANSACT DEPOSIT SLIP
PAYMENT NOTIFICATION
CERTIFICATE OF ORIGIN
WRITING MATERIALS
U can add any other ones to it that u feel necessary, Original or photocopy, I'm not sure which one. Just bring them anyhow.
Go check the school from time to time to know of any new development. Hola back online should there be news we can use.

One luv, c u in YABATECH, 07/08 session.
Re: A Yabatech Student? by olu4life(m): 8:17am On Sep 06, 2007
Thanks so much James wink
Re: A Yabatech Student? by funmeme(f): 1:58pm On Sep 06, 2007
please any info on their HND sreening? i will be glad to get any information on it. thanks
Re: A Yabatech Student? by james7bond(m): 11:19am On Sep 07, 2007
Before na Maths, english and general subject dem dey ask for the written tests but now wey na ORAL test, well, I suggest you study the relevant subject that relates to your course of interest. BUt anywhich way, study every thing join. You never know where dem go come from.

The school is d best place to learn how far about the tests.

Check theiur website as well, but go school. Practical better pass Theory.anytime anyday.

Grab?

@ funmeme

HNd screening i think will be on the same day. If not it would be either the week before or the week after, that is 15th or 29th Sept. I'm not really sure. Check out from the school. That's d best place to get the newest info.

@olu4life

my name no be james, i just borrow james bond name.thats all grin wink

Thank God say copyright law no dey for names, wink wink
Re: A Yabatech Student? by Ayo4real20: 6:24pm On Sep 08, 2007
abeg o how much for yabatech post ume form,so i can arrange for it.contact me@ joygirl222000@yahoo.co.uk.pls
Re: A Yabatech Student? by kingslope(m): 4:28pm On Sep 09, 2007
hi there who cares to talk
Re: A Yabatech Student? by zebra(m): 12:08pm On Sep 10, 2007
Hi, you guys still want to go and do HND?? Beware!! There is Discrimination o. Had i known would be too late. Go to any university and get a Bachelor's Degree, even if it is a Local Government university, it would still be recognised better than the HND from YabaTech.
Re: A Yabatech Student? by james7bond(m): 1:00am On Sep 11, 2007
@ zebra

This is YABATECH we are talking about here. I'm sure you know YABATECH. You don't need to be told.

Moreover, it's better to follow one's heart in whatever venture one wants to undertake. You may have a point but I suggest you dont be the snake in the garden of Eden on the thread.

@ Ayo4real20

The school is the place to go get the needed info.

1 luv,
Re: A Yabatech Student? by james7bond(m): 1:05am On Sep 11, 2007
@ zebra

This is YABATECH we are talking about here. I'm sure you know YABATECH. You don't need to be told.

Moreover, it's better to follow one's heart in whatever venture one wants to undertake. You may have a point but I suggest you dont be the snake in the garden of Eden on the thread.

@ Ayo4real20

The school is the place to go get the needed info.

1 luv,
Re: A Yabatech Student? by zebra(m): 7:48am On Sep 11, 2007
@James7bond
What is so special about YabaTech?? atleast for now it's still a College of Technology that awards ND and HND certificates, and not a university that awards Bachelor's Degree. Therefore a graduate with 2.1 BA/BSc/BEd from Taraba state university or Gombe state university will get better recognition than someone with Upper credit HND from YabaTech or Kaduna poly. some companies/Banks in Nigeria will turn you down with HND. Even some govt parastatals turn HND holders down. Better wait for YabaTech to become a full fledged University and start awarding Bachelor's Degree before you talk, not now that they still award *HND*. If you have ND better apply for D.E. in the nearest OOU, Ago-Iwoye or LAUTECH, Ogbomosho.

Flee away from HND program, thats my candid advice. I'm talking from experience; atleast i passed through HND too.
Re: A Yabatech Student? by bumstuff(m): 5:25pm On Sep 12, 2007
i beg i need information on how to get the yabatech post PCE card or form and how to fill the online form.thanks
Re: A Yabatech Student? by james7bond(m): 10:56am On Sep 14, 2007
@Mr Zebra
U already said it all. If u are waiting for the government to fix u up before u fix urself, u go wait tire. I understand what you mean by YABATECH is still a college of education. I do not dispute the fact. It's true what u said about companies being bias about HND and BSC issue.

My advice to all those who are waiting for someone to fix them up, follow wetin Mr. Zebra talk. I know what I seek in Yabatech. and I'm going for it. To me, it's not about the degree really, It's about what I can gain by training.

Talking from an art student point of view. We are all entitled to our different views.
Re: A Yabatech Student? by ngmilitant: 5:15pm On Sep 16, 2007
went there days back and saw on their board where we re to check the punch newspaper for the 17th of this month and think exams would come on the 22.anybody thinkin of meetin face to face on the day of the exam? if u are-sms or call me on 08065258258

and i'm not sure if u re to submit b4 22nd but u can submit 'ONLINE APPLICATION FORM(Original copy),
O'LEVEL RESULTS,
SSCE TESTIMONIAL
BIRTH CERTIFICATE
E-TRANSACT DEPOSIT SLIP
PAYMENT NOTIFICATION
CERTIFICATE OF ORIGIN' before 22nd.

peace y'all

www.naijahiphop.org
Re: A Yabatech Student? by james7bond(m): 7:11pm On Sep 16, 2007
@ngmilitant
Thanks man. I'l c u on dat day. Do you have any idea wat we should bring along on dat day? I mean d documents and stuffs like dat?

U can give me a buzz, 08055804472
Hola, 1 luv.

@bumstuff
Go check the school for info. That's where u can get the FULL info. No guck urself oooooooo.
Time no dey wait for nobody. Shey u know? D exam is on 22nd Sept.
Re: A Yabatech Student? by muyan(m): 3:41am On Sep 19, 2007
thanks man, are you saying that the Yaba Screening is coming up on 22nd ?? I will really love to know cause I have someone who wants to write so please get back to me as soon as you can
Re: A Yabatech Student? by james7bond(m): 7:59am On Sep 19, 2007
@muyan

Na so dem talk oooo. I went there on Monday. I was told they haven't fixed the day for the exam yet.
They said the notice will be placed in one of the daily newspapers. Any which way, check there on/before 22nd September.
Who knows, maybe na one of their ways of screening be dat. wink
Re: A Yabatech Student? by Gettolove(m): 4:57pm On Sep 20, 2007
@zebra

cool down chairman. I left yabatech in 2004, i am not just working, i am gainfully employed in one of the best places anyone can dream of working in Nigeria. I think we have discussed this issue of HND and even the government does not have an answer to the problem facing poly graduate, most of us that attended these victimised schools did so because there were few or no alternatives.

@all

Please go ahead and register for any course of your choice in YABATEK
Re: A Yabatech Student? by ngmilitant: 5:42pm On Sep 20, 2007
the news now is u check their website nextweek,really exhaustin!.went to the school earlier today and yea,that's it! and who be that person wey kno no say e rude to hang up in d middle of a conversation? yea the newspaper for the 17th had nothin onn yabatech but is that my fault,that was what a sheet om their notice board said when i went there the forst time
Re: A Yabatech Student? by KEMITE(f): 3:45pm On Sep 21, 2007
PLS,DOES ANYONE KNOWS THE INTERVIEW DATE FOR HND(FULL-TIME) THANKS
Re: A Yabatech Student? by james7bond(m): 11:07pm On Sep 22, 2007
There was supposed to be a screening test today at YABATECH but sad sad

@kemite
Check the school website during the week for more details concerning the tests (HND/OND).

www.yabatech.edu.ng
Re: A Yabatech Student? by james7bond(m): 12:21pm On Sep 24, 2007
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR THE SCREENING EXERCISE,

All candidates (ND/HND) are requested to come to the venue with the following:

i. A clear copy of the completed on-line application form

ii. 2007 JAMB on-line result slip (MPCE candidates only)

iii. Two recent coloured passport photographs with the full names of the candidate and signature on the reverse side of the photograph

iv. Original copies of credentials – SSCE for ND candidates.
SSCE, ND and evidence of industrial work experience for HND candidates

CLOSING DATE

The closing date for accessing the College Portal on the web is Wednesday October 3, 2007.

* I copied this from their website.
* Not sure about the screening/exam date yet.

In addition, I suggest u bring along with you, your

* SSCE Testimonial
* E-Transact deposit slip
* Payment Notification

All Original/photocopy

Just wondering if we can we bring the WAEC online results? Or what do they mean by
"Original copies of credentials – SSCE for ND candidates."

If you have any news to share I will be glad to share with you on this.

Hola @ me on 08055804472,
Re: A Yabatech Student? by james7bond(m): 12:35pm On Sep 24, 2007
http://www.yabatech.edu.ng/Yabatech%20-%20admission.html

check it out.
Re: A Yabatech Student? by Yusufadeto(m): 3:31pm On Sep 24, 2007
PROCEDURE FOR ADMISSIONS SCREENING EXERCISE

1 ELIGIBILITY

MPCE candidates with minimum Scores as stated below are eligible for participation in the Screening exercise;

School of Art, Design and Printing

Fashion Design & Clothing Technology - 100

General Art - 100

Printing Technology - 100

School of Engineering

Civil Engineering - 150

Computer Engineering - 150

Electrical Engineering - 150

Industrial Maintenance Engineering - 150

Mechanical Engineering - 150

School of Environmental Studies

Architecture - 120

Building Technology - 120

Estate Management - 120

Surveying & Geo-informatics - 120

Quantity Surveying - 120

Urban & Regional Planning - 120

School of Management & Business Studies

Secretarial Studies - 150

Accountancy - 150

Banking & Finance - 150

Business Administration - 150

School of Science

Science Laboratory Technology - 150

Statistics - 150

School of Technology

Computer Science - 150

Food Technology - 150

Hotel & Catering Management - 100

Leisure & Tourism - 120

Textile Technology - 100

2. All qualified MPCE candidates are to submit their Bio-Data on the College Portal using a Pin Number obtainable from any branch of Zenith Bank upon payment of the sum of N1,000 (one thousand naira only).

3. MPCE candidates are to:

i. Click on the “Yaba College of technology Portal”

ii. Click on the “Admission tab”

iii. Click on the “ Post-PCE tab ”

iv. Click on the “Start new application”

v. Enter your JAMB Registration number correctly.

vi. Fill the bio-data form on-line and click on upload picture to upload your passport photograph.

vii. Click on preview to view your completed application form before submitting.

viii. Submit form on-line by clicking submit. Print a copy of the completed form for yourself.

ix. For more information on your Post MPCE Screening and Admission matters, send your email to registry@yabatech.edu.ng.

4. MATERIALS NEEDED FOR THE SCREENING EXERCISE

All candidates (ND/HND) are requested to come to the venue with the following:

i. A clear copy of the completed on-line application form

ii. 2007 JAMB on-line result slip (MPCE candidates only)

iii. Two recent coloured passport photographs with the full names of the candidate and signature on the reverse side of the photograph

iv. Original copies of credentials – SSCE for ND candidates. SSCE, ND and evidence of industrial work experience for HND candidates

5. CLOSING DATE

The closing date for accessing the College Portal is Wednesday October 3, 2007.

6. Please note that Holders of Yaba College of Technology National Diploma are exempted from the screening exercise for HND admissions.

To Complete the Post-JAMB On-line Application Form. Click Here

I think this should be ok, for anyone who want to apply for the post jamb
Re: A Yabatech Student? by chinexB(m): 4:51am On Sep 28, 2007
I went to three Zenit bank branches yesterday,one at Ojuelegba,another at Tejuosho and the last at Ilupeju,but i didn't find anything.In the one at Tejuosho the guy was saying that the form not being available is a general thing,and that they going to work on the site today being Friday,then on Tuesday we can come and purchase the form because Monday is a public holiday.I don't know how true it is,u never know u might go with this story while something entirely different is going on .So if anybody hears anything,please do well to reply.Anybody that has bought his/hers should please tell me where he/she bought.thanks.And one more thing,that site no be like site,its more like a wallpaper,nothing they show only pictures of the school.
Re: A Yabatech Student? by james7bond(m): 11:13am On Sep 30, 2007
The screening tests has been confirmed to come up on the 8th-10th of October, 2007.
Different dates for different schools of programme.

Go the the school to get more comprehensive info.

C u when u get there. smiley smiley

@chinexB
The school is the best place to get the current info in your case.
Application for post pce ends on the 3rd of October, 2007.

Good luck.
Re: A Yabatech Student? by chinexB(m): 7:06pm On Sep 30, 2007
thanks for the info james.I guess i am supposed to go to the admission department,coz i've only been there once.then they said we should check back the next week.what i really want to know is if these forms have been out since before this zenith bank problem started.coz if it were so then i have to find a way to get the form ASAP at least before the closing date.One more thing' the guy i met in the bank said that i shouldn't worry that the site is not going to be shut down again because the site has not been functioning for some time.Although i ain't taking chances but i just thought u should know.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Esut Post-ume Result Is Out! / Admission Into Various Schools Of Nursing Is Still Open - Get Your Forms / See What SS2 Students Were Spotted Doing In Sokoto That Will Make U Cry(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.