Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,237 members, 7,807,788 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

Top Christian Priest, Hilarion Heavy Reverts To Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Top Christian Priest, Hilarion Heavy Reverts To Islam (1285 Views)

Scientists Who Converted To Islam And Their Reasons / Chinese Man Converts To Islam In Kano State, Gets New Muslim Name. Photos / PHOTOS: Beautiful Lady Reverts To Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top Christian Priest, Hilarion Heavy Reverts To Islam by Lukgaf(m): 11:38am On Feb 26, 2023
CALIFORNIA, US: The well-known Eastern Christian priest Father Hilarion Heagy, who was born and raised in California and now resides in the United States, Reverted to Islam.

Among his followers, Fr. Hilarion Heagy, an American priest who was formerly a Russian Orthodox monk, enjoys a high regard for his patience, goodness, and holiness.

Hilarion Heagy’s New Name Is “Said Abdul Latif”

It is simply impossible to be both a Muslim and a priest or monk in public.

Fr. Hilarion Heagy claimed that twenty years ago, the Islamic flames ignited his soul. But he only recently announced his conversion to Islam, as he stated:

The former Christian Priest, who had recently announced plans to found an Eastern Christian Monastery in California, claimed that his conversion to Islam was actually a “reversion to Islam” and felt “like homecoming” after making the announcement.

Around 2003, Fr. Hilarion Heagy made the switch to the Antiochian Orthodox Church. In 2017, departed to join the Eastern Catholic Church. He graduated from Holy Resurrection Monastery in St. Nazianz, Wisconsin, to become a Byzantine Catholic priest-monk. He recently converted to Islam.

It really does feel like “coming home.” my first-born belief. Since before we were even born, we worshipped God alone and submitted to him, according to the Qur’an, wrote Fr. Hilarion Heagy, now known as Said Abdul Latif, in a blog post. He supported this with a verse from the Holy Qur’an (7:172).

“This is the reason why Muslims who convert frequently refer to a’reversion’ to Islam, our original faith, rather than a ‘conversion. A protracted Returning process,” he wrote.

The Muslims have welcomed Fr. Hilarion Heagy, now Said Abdul Latif, with open arms.

“The Muslim community has shown me incredible warmth and hospitality, both in person and online. Such hospitality is something I have never encountered,” he wrote.

“The future is uncertain for me. There are always some fears involved when taking a leap into the dark. And yet, I experience such calm. A joy. The relief Twenty years of being drawn to Islam has finally brought me back. The process of growing in one’s faith now starts. deeper education. a devotion to the Deen. a devotion to the Ummah. A devotion to the Prophet, the author of the blog post said.

The former Christian priest is getting calls and messages from people all over the world, most of whom want to know why he chose to turn away from Christianity and turn towards Islam.

In another blog post, he stated, “Since news of my embrace of Islam has now officially gone public, my message inbox has been jammed full and my phone has been ringing off the hook. He also listed some of the resources that, in his opinion, were extremely helpful for him and led him to the current embrace of Islam.

https://www.greaterislam.in/2023/02/top-christian-priest-hilarion-heagy.html?m=1

5 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Islam And Culture / Proper Method Of Slaughtering Ram As Halal In Islam / Sharing Of Meat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.