Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

If Obi Losses, Many Northern Christians May Denounce Their Faith - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Obi Losses, Many Northern Christians May Denounce Their Faith (2236 Views)

If OBI Losses What Will You Do? / I Shouldn't Witness 2024 If Obi Wins Election - Northerner / What Is Happenning In Benin City. Many Northern Looking People And Today Is Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Obi Losses, Many Northern Christians May Denounce Their Faith by Yankee101: 8:02pm On Feb 26, 2023
copyrites:

For many of them, Obi was their last hope. I know what I am saying. But I won't say no more.

Can we close the thread now?? My intention wasn't to discourage anyone but to put the fact out there.

Mai Tatsine
Boko Haram
Fulani bandits
Shariah law
1978 riots
1987 riots
1992 riots
1998 riots
2001 riots
Miss world riots
Koran burning riots

Trust me
The northern church was planted by God
It’s not bowing to the gates of hell

2 Likes

Re: If Obi Losses, Many Northern Christians May Denounce Their Faith by copyrites: 8:04pm On Feb 26, 2023
Yankee101:

Mai Tatsine
Boko Haram
Fulani bandits
Shariah law
1978 riots
1987 riots
1992 riots
1998 riots
2001 riots
Miss world riots
Koran burning riots

Trust me

Okay. Cool
Re: If Obi Losses, Many Northern Christians May Denounce Their Faith by Saao(m): 8:09pm On Feb 26, 2023
Afonja2:

You are a big eediot. What has Obi got to do with Christianity? Was he sponsored by Nigeria Christians? Mumu Nyanminri
what some of us from the north can attest to the atrocities of Shetima. Nobody hate Tinubu as we know he's a liberal Muslim but the VP? Wait to see his true color. One thing is certain, we are all in it together
Re: If Obi Losses, Many Northern Christians May Denounce Their Faith by AndroBlaze: 8:13pm On Feb 26, 2023
copyrites:
Not only that, I see a situation where churches like RCCG and many other southern churches will completely pack up in the North.

Obi (the only Christian and most qualified candidate in terms of power rotation and credibility) losing this election will shake Christianity in Nigeria.

Trust me, I have many Northern Christians as friends. And right now, they see Southern Christians (especially those from the WEST) as extreme bigots.

After seeing the results from Ekiti and a few ward results from Ondo, one of them just called to express his anger. He is from Kaduna and he's asking why Obi couldn't even win one ward in a supposed Christian states where 45 people were murdered in a church in broad day light and nothing has happened to the killers?

This is a well bred Hausa man who delivered his polling unit to an Igbo man in KD. These people have suffered heavily and they thought having a Christian president who understands their plight will give them some encouragement.

If you are a practising Christian, which I strongly doubt, then seek the Lord's forgiveness for posting such sacrilegious rubbish!

Churches should close down because of a man created from dust, may God forgive you!!

3 Likes

Re: If Obi Losses, Many Northern Christians May Denounce Their Faith by copyrites: 8:16pm On Feb 26, 2023
AndroBlaze:

If you are a practising Christian, which I strongly doubt, then seek the Lord's forgiveness for posting such sacrilegious rubbish!

Churches should close down because of a man created from dust, may God forgive you!!

If you are a practising christian, your church should be protesting in aso rock until Buhari produces Deborah's killers.
Re: If Obi Losses, Many Northern Christians May Denounce Their Faith by SHINJA: 8:21pm On Feb 26, 2023
Wike is a bastard...

OSIBANJO IS A BASTARD

ADEBOYE IS A BASTARD..

HE WAS QUICK TO PROTEST AGAINST JONATHAN BUT CAN'T PROTEST AGAINST MUSLIM-MUSLIM TICKET...

WE RATHER DIVIDE THIS COUNTRY THAN FOR MUSLIMS-MUSLIM TICKET TO RULE THIS COUNTRY..

TO ALL THE CURSED CHRISTIANS THAT VOTE FOR MUSLIMS-MUSLIM TICKET,IT WILL NEVER BE WELL WITH YOU GUYS...

I PITY MY NORTHERN CHRISTIAN BROTHERS...
Re: If Obi Losses, Many Northern Christians May Denounce Their Faith by Balyz: 8:22pm On Feb 26, 2023
Goldmynemaniac:
You know I thought about the resultant effects of an Obi loss and it scares me.

And a serious pastor and mentor who is pursuing [b]the goal of filling the whole earth with the Gospel [/b]voted Muslim/Muslim ticket and was still proud he did and delivered his polling unit.

If this is not hypocrisy, I don't know what else is.
If he had voted for Peter Obi will the whole world all of a sudden be filled with the gospel of Jesus Christ? You're reasoning like an 8 year old

2 Likes

Re: If Obi Losses, Many Northern Christians May Denounce Their Faith by Goldmynemaniac: 8:26pm On Feb 26, 2023
Balyz:
If he had voted for Peter Obi will the whole world all of a sudden be filled with the gospel of Jesus Christ? You're reasoning like an 8 year old
Explaining to you is futile. A dead mind can't comprehend matters of high divinity.

Just stay on your level.
Re: If Obi Losses, Many Northern Christians May Denounce Their Faith by Mfetenang: 8:34pm On Feb 26, 2023
Obi has lost already, you can denounce your faith and your life too.

4 Likes

Re: If Obi Losses, Many Northern Christians May Denounce Their Faith by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:34pm On Feb 26, 2023
Yankee101:

Mai Tatsine
Boko Haram
Fulani bandits
Shariah law
1978 riots
1987 riots
1992 riots
1998 riots
2001 riots
Miss world riots
Koran burning riots

Trust me

Was there miss world riot again ?
Re: If Obi Losses, Many Northern Christians May Denounce Their Faith by Yankee101: 8:53pm On Feb 26, 2023
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Was there miss world riot again ?

How old are you?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_World_riots

2 Likes

Re: If Obi Losses, Many Northern Christians May Denounce Their Faith by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:02pm On Feb 26, 2023
Re: If Obi Losses, Many Northern Christians May Denounce Their Faith by Yankee101: 9:47pm On Feb 26, 2023
MyVILLAGEpeople:

That’s not too young not to remember but maybe it is
Re: If Obi Losses, Many Northern Christians May Denounce Their Faith by DeFuturePresido: 10:13pm On Feb 26, 2023
Amen! I have lived in the north for many years and seen many challenging circumstances. God saved my life during several of the riots in Kano, Zaria and Kaduna.

Through it all, the gates of hell have not prevailed against the church.

Let me point out that the type of fear being expressed by the OP arises from the misconception that Christianity is a religion.

No, it was never meant to be! Jesus Christ actually came to restore man back into fellowship with God.

No genuine Christian, having a vibrant personal relationship with Almighty God, will ever renounce his /her faith because of any political outcome.

OP, don't be discouraged. This election is actually going to result in a massive spiritual revival and harvest in the north.

Yankee101:

Mai Tatsine
Boko Haram
Fulani bandits
Shariah law
1978 riots
1987 riots
1992 riots
1998 riots
2001 riots
Miss world riots
Koran burning riots

Trust me

2 Likes

Re: If Obi Losses, Many Northern Christians May Denounce Their Faith by Edzy: 10:25pm On Feb 26, 2023
copyrites:

You're too ignorant! Pastors in the North did heavy mobilization for Obi. When I say heavy, I mean it! Many of them dedicated the entire Sunday in January and February on Obi matter. They thought Southerners will at least help their situation as they have sufferred heavy maginalisation.

This has further confirmed to all that you don't joke with northerners, to become the president of Nigeria an alliance with them is a must
Re: If Obi Losses, Many Northern Christians May Denounce Their Faith by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 12:09am On Feb 27, 2023
Yankee101:

That’s not too young not to remember but maybe it is

I just went through what you sent to Me. I just 7 when it happen but I'm surprised I haven't read that before. But I have read of the Kano riot caused by Ryan bonke crusade.

1 Like

Re: If Obi Losses, Many Northern Christians May Denounce Their Faith by Yankee101: 12:57am On Feb 27, 2023
MyVILLAGEpeople:

I just went through what you sent to Me. I just 7 when it happen but I'm surprised I haven't read that before. But I have read of the Kano riot caused by Ryan bonke crusade.

True
Re: If Obi Losses, Many Northern Christians May Denounce Their Faith by Truvelisback(m): 1:09am On Feb 27, 2023
copyrites:
Not only that, I see a situation where churches like RCCG and many other southern churches will completely pack up in the North.

Obi (the only Christian and most qualified candidate in terms of power rotation and credibility) losing this election will shake Christianity in Nigeria.

Trust me, I have many Northern Christians as friends. And right now, they see Southern Christians (especially those from the WEST) as extreme bigots.

After seeing the results from Ekiti and a few ward results from Ondo, one of them just called to express his anger. He is from Kaduna and he's asking why Obi couldn't even win one ward in a supposed Christian states where 45 people were murdered in a church in broad day light and nothing has happened to the killers?

This is a well bred Hausa man who delivered his polling unit to an Igbo man in KD. These people have suffered heavily and they thought having a Christian president who understands their plight will give them some encouragement.
Point of correction: Many Christians won't deny their faith even if Tinubu wins the presidential election. If dares Christianity, he will die in that seat.
Re: If Obi Losses, Many Northern Christians May Denounce Their Faith by tegrianonigltd(m): 1:21am On Feb 27, 2023
SatanKeepOff:
this has nothing to do with religious faith

It has, for Deborah to be killed over WhatsApp, it has, Nigeria is a religious country. Accept it. Attached with tribalism

1 Like

Re: If Obi Losses, Many Northern Christians May Denounce Their Faith by Kapeter(m): 1:25am On Feb 27, 2023
This people will let yiiibo lead them to where Dem nor like las las. They better learn and stop persecuting and suffering themselves for nothing. Nonsensical nonsense.
Re: If Obi Losses, Many Northern Christians May Denounce Their Faith by Niorte: 2:48am On Feb 27, 2023
Balyz:
Do you know how many christians have been killed recently even when we have a Christian VP? Now imagine when the President and his Vice are of the same religion. Whatever they do will be seen as religiously biased even when it is not. Politics should be seen to be fair and relieve citizens of fear.

Imagine what Osinbajo did while he was acting president.....Nigeria progress

Imagine what Shettima could do if he became acting president for a while.....that man can implement Sharia law all over Nigeria and set his brothers to unleash mayhem on the citizen.
Re: If Obi Losses, Many Northern Christians May Denounce Their Faith by stuffs2002: 6:26am On Feb 27, 2023
copyrites:

How BIGOTED can a human being be. We keep telling IPOB/OBIDIENTS that this election is not about religion but about competency.

Tinubu is the most religious neutral politician Nigeria has ever produced and has built more Yoruba Christians than anyone in the world.
This is why Nigeria and the rest of Africa are not moving forward
Re: If Obi Losses, Many Northern Christians May Denounce Their Faith by stuffs2002: 6:29am On Feb 27, 2023
CallmeTrinity:
I was anticipating a situation like this.
Truly Christianity will be dealt a severe blow in Nigeria
I foresee millions of youth converting to Islam in Nigeria

IPOB/OBIDIENTS are really ST00PEED

Shey na Tinubu want convert them?

This is so laughable
Re: If Obi Losses, Many Northern Christians May Denounce Their Faith by akaahs(m): 8:28am On Feb 27, 2023
copyrites:

I don't wanna insult you this early morning but u must be very naive and so stupid of u to think because of the election Christians in North will denounce their faith.
Is there any part of the country that have suffered more persecution than the christian in the north?? Did they renown or denounce their faith??
Do you think our Christianity is about prosperity like those in South?
Our Christianity is rooted deeply in following Christ no matter what happened.
If southerners faces what face down here, there won't be any Christian in that place, quote me anywhere
Re: If Obi Losses, Many Northern Christians May Denounce Their Faith by YoshihideSuga: 6:18am On Mar 01, 2023
copyrites:

While your writeup is apt, your topic heading is not apt. They won't renounce their faith, but they will know their enemies. They will know that it wasn't Igbos - 99% Christians - who voted against Peter Obi, but Christians in the south west. Unfortunately for them, Peter Obi wasn't going to win. They gambled poorly. They should have stuck with Atiku and pressurise PO to step down. The stakes were too high and they fumbled, just like Igbos. However, history will judge them rightly for standing up to their beliefs. Hopefully, they boycott Yoruba owned churches throughout the region. That would be the best way to let them know they can't be yoked with perfidious people.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Must Score 25% In FCT To Be Declared Winner -Former Attorney General Says / 2023 Census: I Will Simply Walk The Adhoc Staffs Outta My House In Lagos / ‘i'm No Longer Interested’– El-rufai Tells President Tinubu, Jets Out Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.