Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,508 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria - Phones (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria (22574 Views)

Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira / My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by Stevengold(m): 8:13am On Jun 08, 2023
How do you subscribe for starlink monthly
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by Chuckdee(m): 8:20am On Jun 08, 2023
Just added my Access Bank card and it validated instantly, was debited #51 and instantly credited back the same amount.

2 Likes

Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by noobody(m): 8:47am On Jun 08, 2023
Stanley08:

So you were paying that exorbitant Providus Bank dollar rate? 😭

NA MAN YOU BE!

It is far cheaper than all the virtual cards as of today.
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by noobody(m): 8:48am On Jun 08, 2023
Snart303:

My providus master card I used from
The start isn’t validating as well I think it’s general problem

Very strange,maybe you did not get your billing address right,

Try again bro.
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by sethtsadopp: 9:41am On Jun 08, 2023
Alienwarfare:

Thanks let me get a test account It looks like this might actually be better

georgee:

I'm already on https://twooneiptv.com/

It's a Nigerian service? What's your review of their service?

I have been using ApolloTv for over 3 years now and my yearly sub is expiring in August so if this one is like it, might consider switching.
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by seunpayne(m): 10:59am On Jun 08, 2023
Ournolly:

Just tried to add my Card from both Banks.
Both failed to validate.

I have been using my Access Dom card since day 1. They sent an email to revalidate the card now they are not accepting again. Me I no wan pay in naira. The dollar payments suit me just fine. Can anyone confirm that their dollar cards still work?
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by seunpayne(m): 11:01am On Jun 08, 2023
georgee:

Maybe we are talking about different IPTV service... Not sure it's same one I have been using we ar both referring to... It cant be

Remember u will need an android tv Box for u to enjoy this stuff. Having smart TV only is not enough

Same ni, after spending almost a million buying tv I go still need to buy android box again? When we say the user experience get as e be, this is what we mean. I go chill with dstv for now
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by Alienwarfare: 11:09am On Jun 08, 2023
seunpayne:

Same ni, after spending almost a million buying tv I go still need to buy android box again? When we say the user experience get as e be, this is what we mean. I go chill with dstv for now
I don't know about the Nigerian own but apollo tv is great they are downtimes for the african channels but they Is just so much to watch that u will not even feel it

1 Like

Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by Bonzojoko: 12:01pm On Jun 08, 2023
Chuckdee:
Just added my Access Bank card and it validated instantly, was debited #51 and instantly credited back the same amount.
how did you do it?
What did you fill in as postal code?
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by Namzy(m): 12:01pm On Jun 08, 2023
Chuckdee:

What billing code did you use?
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by toluxa1(m): 12:12pm On Jun 08, 2023
Alienwarfare:

I don't know about the Nigerian own but apollo tv is great they are downtimes for the african channels but they Is just so much to watch that u will not even feel it

Apollo is by far the best I have seen so far. Been using them since 2018. My current sub, I paid for 2 Years at once.
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by toluxa1(m): 12:14pm On Jun 08, 2023
seunpayne:

I have been using my Access Dom card since day 1. They sent an email to revalidate the card now they are not accepting again. Me I no wan pay in naira. The dollar payments suit me just fine. Can anyone confirm that their dollar cards still work?

I think I prefer to stick with the dollar payment too. The problem is, in the absence of an option to choose between USD and Naira, if the payment is quoted in naira and you use a USD card, you'll probably be charged like $44.5 or so for that 32k payment
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by dustmalik: 12:34pm On Jun 08, 2023
With the new changes, I don't think they will accept dollar cards going forward. For those having challenges validating their naira cards, try a Verve card.
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by oluwapoju(m): 1:13pm On Jun 08, 2023
easyyoke:

Do you have money in the account? I saw someone somewhere say they will debit you N50 to validate your card when you try to add it which they will return later. So maybe you are using a zero balance card. I have not personally tried it sha as this increase to 38K per month from December still dey vex me. Because even if you try to use dollar card now to pay, the amount that will be deducted wont even be $42 again, it will be higher
I was debited 51# but still didn't work for the purchase of the Ethernet adapter
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by oluwapoju(m): 1:13pm On Jun 08, 2023
dustmalik:
With the new changes, I don't think they will accept dollar cards going forward. For those having challenges validating their naira cards, try a Verve card.
I will try this out
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by dustmalik: 6:36pm On Jun 08, 2023
oluwapoju:

I was debited 51# but still didn't work for the purchase of the Ethernet adapter
I just ordered for the ethernet adapter successfully using a Verve card, and I was debited 44k.
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by dustmalik: 6:37pm On Jun 08, 2023
Starlink is worth it

Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by seunpayne(m): 7:18pm On Jun 08, 2023
toluxa1:

I think I prefer to stick with the dollar payment too. The problem is, in the absence of an option to choose between USD and Naira, if the payment is quoted in naira and you use a USD card, you'll probably be charged like $44.5 or so for that 32k payment

Added my zenith naira. It succeeded. We move

1 Like

Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by seunpayne(m): 7:22pm On Jun 08, 2023
toluxa1:

Apollo is by far the best I have seen so far. Been using them since 2018. My current sub, I paid for 2 Years at once.

I’ll sign up for a month to try it out.
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by toluxa1(m): 7:26pm On Jun 08, 2023
dustmalik:
Starlink is worth it

Bros calm down naa. Shuuu. I'm feeling guilty with my 1.2 - 1.3 TB monthly wey i dey sef. This has to be heavy downloads definitely. I didn't do any download this past month and still clocked over 1TB. 98% streaming
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by dustmalik: 8:01pm On Jun 08, 2023
toluxa1:

Bros calm down naa. Shuuu. I'm feeling guilty with my 1.2 - 1.3 TB monthly wey i dey sef. This has to be heavy downloads definitely. I didn't do any download this past month and still clocked over 1TB. 98% streaming
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by Bonzojoko: 8:38pm On Jun 08, 2023
seunpayne:

Added my zenith naira. It succeeded. We move
please what did you put as postal code for zenith Bank?

1 Like

Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by gogeekish(m): 8:42pm On Jun 08, 2023
Soonest, there will be data throttle when users like dustmalik becomes too common. Hehehe... I just pray a time to throttle data won't come too soon.
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by Ayomipoe(m): 8:45pm On Jun 08, 2023
Even if there is a data throttle, why not simply pay for a higher tier if you use excess data.

gogeekish:
Soonest, there will be data throttle when users like dustmalik becomes too common. Hehehe... I just pray a time to throttle data won't come too soon.
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by dustmalik: 9:32pm On Jun 08, 2023
gogeekish:
There is already speed throttling going on with Starlink, and i experienced it in May-June data period. Watch this video below for more info about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnaoFWg-hmA

Moreover, maybe you have not been following Starlink till recently. Starlink had wanted to implement a hard data throttling after using up to 1TB since last year.
It was supposed to be implemented in December, then it was shifted to February, then February came and it was shifted to April. Finally, in April, Starlink decided to shelve the idea of the hard throttling and make it truly unlimited, hence the reason you see the 'Unlimited' tag beside your data usage. It wasn't there in the past.

Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by Namzy(m): 9:51pm On Jun 08, 2023
dustmalik:

I just ordered for the ethernet adapter successfully using a Verve card, and I was debited 44k.

What postal code did you use?
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by Bonzojoko: 9:57pm On Jun 08, 2023
Namzy:

everyone seems to be avoiding this postal/billing code question. That's suspicious

1 Like

Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by BadMaster: 10:12pm On Jun 08, 2023
Namzy:

Postal codes are unique. A group of streets close to each other typically have same postal code.

For instance, Madeira street in Maitama and some other nearby street have this postal code 904101. However, some other streets in Maitama have their own unique postal code. You can easily find yours on Google maps.

By the way, @dustmalik was erroneously banned by antispam bot, so he asked me to clarify this for you.

1 Like

Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by toluxa1(m): 10:18pm On Jun 08, 2023
Bonzojoko:
everyone seems to be avoiding this postal/billing code question. That's suspicious

Nigerian banks do not include Postal card as part of the parameters they validate on their AVS so it really doesn't matter to be honest. There is no incorrect entry. Just use any 5 digits, you're good.
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by Namzy(m): 10:19pm On Jun 08, 2023
BadMaster:

Postal codes are unique. A group of streets close to each other typically have same postal code.

For instance, Madeira street in Maitama and some other nearby street have this postal code 904101. However, some other streets in Maitama have their own unique postal code. You can easily find yours on Google maps.

By the way, @dustmalik was erroneously banned by antispam bot, so he asked me to clarify this for you.

Thanks. Already tried my area code I use for aliexpress and it didn't work
Re: Starlink Unboxing & Speedtest In Nigeria by georgee(m): 10:37pm On Jun 08, 2023
I have tried below cards
Zenith bank
FCMB
GTB

Still getting validation failed angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

.:. Create .prov Files On Ur Pc In Seconds .:. / don't trust people that locks their phones / Infinix Hot 4 Pro Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.