Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,110 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

My First Zoom Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My First Zoom Interview (11583 Views)

You're Fired If You're On This Call, CEO Lays Off 900 Workers On Zoom Call / Zoom Interview With Resource Intermediaries / Experience On Zoom Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First Zoom Interview by LUAN1: 5:16pm On Feb 28, 2023
I will be having my first zoom interview tomorrow, please how do zoom interview works?

4 Likes

Re: My First Zoom Interview by Egoat(m): 5:18pm On Feb 28, 2023
Nlfpmod.

This guy needs your help.
Re: My First Zoom Interview by cletz991(m): 5:46pm On Feb 28, 2023
It's very easy make sure you are familiar with the application.
Dress as you would in a normal physical interview
Stay in a plain background white background if possible
Ensure there is proper lightening
Connect with an earpiece or airpods
Stay in a quiet environment without distraction
Ensure your have good Internet speed, you can check fast dot com to check your Internet speed
Always be on mute if you ain't speaking

I hope this helps. Good luck on your interview

139 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My First Zoom Interview by LUAN1: 5:49pm On Feb 28, 2023
cletz991:
It's very easy make sure you are familiar with the application.
Dress as you would in a normal physical interview
Stay in a plain background white background if possible
Ensure there is proper lightening
Connect with an earpiece or airpods
Stay in a quiet environment without distraction
Ensure your have good Internet speed, you can check fast dot com to check your Internet speed
Always be on mute if you ain't speaking

I hope this helps. Good luck on your interview

thank you sir

10 Likes

Re: My First Zoom Interview by FredLum: 7:33pm On Feb 28, 2023
Jack well o, research about the company.
There are standard ways of answering interview questions.
Check YouTube, it helps

10 Likes

Re: My First Zoom Interview by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 28, 2023
LUAN1:
I will be having my first zoom interview tomorrow, please how do zoom interview works?

grin grin grin. Let me tell you the format, talking from experience that land me my current job. Even though I performed woefully. If no be because of connection I 4 no get the job.

Don't panic, make sure where you are attending interview is quiet, dress cooperate if they will used video meeting so that they will know you are serious and please learn how to introduce yourself very well and make findings about the company. What they do, how they work.

Lastly, if you don't know any question that they ask you just tell them you will learn from them.

Note my advice doesn't guarantee you will get the job. Make sure u pray
Best of luck!!!

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First Zoom Interview by LUAN1: 7:42pm On Feb 28, 2023
Borntosmoke:

grin grin grin. Let me tell you the format talking from experience that land me my current job.

Likel
please tell me
Re: My First Zoom Interview by majorgr: 9:06pm On Feb 28, 2023
Be ready to answer questions like: tell me about yourself; why are you applying for this position?; why this company?; where do you see yourself after five years?; how do you handle a stressful situation?; what are your strengths and weakness?any questions for us?; these are but few questions which are structured to get actual responses from you on what exactly they would be judging, please read about them and how you should structure your answers because each of these questions are asked for a particular reason, go online to study. Finally, make sure you practice, practice and practice! I can never overemphasize this! Good luck.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My First Zoom Interview by LUAN1: 7:41am On Mar 01, 2023
majorgr:
Be ready to answer questions like: tell me about yourself; why are you applying for this position?; why this company?; where do you see yourself after five years?; how do you handle a stressful situation?; what are your strengths and weakness?any questions for us?; these are but few questions which are structured to get actual responses from you on what exactly they would be judging, please read about them and how you should structure your answers because each of these questions are asked for a particular reason, go online to study. Finally, make sure you practice, practice and practice! I can never overemphasize this! Good luck.
thank you,

1 Like

Re: My First Zoom Interview by Nadheer15: 3:14pm On Mar 01, 2023
1. Don't look at their faces
2. Pin your notes on the screen in case you forget
3. Have bottle of water close by to drink for recuperation
4. Pray

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First Zoom Interview by atdscentofwater: 3:15pm On Mar 01, 2023
Write down details you intend to treat

1 Like

Re: My First Zoom Interview by TopeQs: 3:15pm On Mar 01, 2023
Don't cram....be sure you know the company and position you're applying for.

4 Likes

Re: My First Zoom Interview by nurez305(m): 3:15pm On Mar 01, 2023
So far you have a good internet connection, then it is more like offline interview.
Re: My First Zoom Interview by sofeo(m): 3:15pm On Mar 01, 2023
Pray and Fast ahead for it

Check my Signature

1 Like

Re: My First Zoom Interview by Veezy4u(m): 3:15pm On Mar 01, 2023
Re: My First Zoom Interview by CANTICLES: 3:18pm On Mar 01, 2023
Borntosmoke:

grin grin grin. Let me tell you the format talking from experience that land me my current job. Even though I performed woefully. If no be because of connection I 4 no get the job.

Don't panic, make sure where you are attending interview is quiet, dress cooperate if they will used video meeting so that they will know you are serious and please learn how to introduce yourself very well and make findings about the company. What they do, how they work.

Lastly, if you don't know any question tha they ask you just tell them you will learn from them

Note my advice doesn't guarantee you will get the job. Make sure u pray
Best of luck!!!

FUNNY
Re: My First Zoom Interview by teemy(m): 3:19pm On Mar 01, 2023
LUAN1:

Use MTN
Endure your Laptop/Phone is not too full nor lags
Re: My First Zoom Interview by IrepChrist: 3:20pm On Mar 01, 2023
Make sure you resolve all technicalities ahead i.e audio and video.

Your data network should be strong.

Dress formal like it's on-site.

Get a sticker paper, write key points on your resume and stick it close to your web cam.

Pray.

Best of favour.

3 Likes

Re: My First Zoom Interview by bigdammyj: 3:22pm On Mar 01, 2023
Be bold & focus.
Re: My First Zoom Interview by Lexcott: 3:23pm On Mar 01, 2023
What's up I am interested in replying to this because I lost a dream job because of some technical issues during the zoom interview.

My advise is:

1. Dress formal: Wear your suit, and tie. No need to wear the trouser and shoe sha..lol grin
2. Test your system before the interview: Get a relative to test run zoom with so you can see all the glitches.
3. Get a strong internet connection, if you are using you phone put it on do not disturb...So no calls come in them and start network issue.
4. Check your microphone and Video. Grant zoom permissions to access mic and video.
5. Pray they pick you. Smile and act confident...fake it till you make it.

5 Likes

Re: My First Zoom Interview by shogsman(m): 3:24pm On Mar 01, 2023
KPGGlobal:

WHO DO YOU SUPPORT?

Tout? or Sensible people?

IF THE FIRST OPTION

GO surulere

MC OLUOMO Will teach u
It's not too late to stop making yourself look extremely foolish

2 Likes

Re: My First Zoom Interview by beardedboy(m): 3:33pm On Mar 01, 2023
LUAN1:
I had my first online interview about four years ago. Here are some tips that helped me land the job:

1. Dress well. Don't go to the interview flashing your bare-chest or wearing boxers.

2. Get quality internet. Have at least two networks on standby. And use usb tethering instead of wireless hotspot. It's more reliable. Personally, I use my other SIM which I don't receive calls with for internet. You don't want a call to break your internet connection.

3. Be confident. Say what you know clearly and avoid talking about what you know nothing about. You can use idea if you have idea but don't use idea when you have no idea. Many interviewers will respect you for acknowledging your imperfection (that's if you're not 60% imperfect).

4. Get a pen and paper especially if it's a coding/technical interview. You'll also need it to jot points and questions so you won't be saying "please repeat your second point, I've forgotten it".

5. Do NOT cheat.

6. Be professional. Avoid laughing, only give a big smile at the funniest jokes.

7. All the above are only guidelines. What matters most is that you go into the interview prepared and full of confidence and composure.

May God help you.

6 Likes

Re: My First Zoom Interview by Naijaepic: 3:34pm On Mar 01, 2023
be yourself, be confident, show enthusiastic about the role
iyf you dont know asnwer to question say so, or you can ask for rewording.

nevertheless, ask two to three questions about the job, what determine success on the job, the interview process
Re: My First Zoom Interview by Nwanna2588: 3:35pm On Mar 01, 2023
Hope it is not from all these online teaching interviews. The last time I was interviewed by one (edukoya), I aced it but was never called.

Meanwhile, no big deal. Just find a serene atmosphere and keep all the materials they demanded around you. Make sure you have enough data and lasting battery power. Lastly, keeping your phone on the other mode is preferred. The last one is your exuding confidence to assure them that you can do it.
Re: My First Zoom Interview by Rocktation(f): 3:36pm On Mar 01, 2023
What's your source of internet? Will it be your phone? Find your local network codes to block those village people from calling you, during the interview.
Re: My First Zoom Interview by Naijaepic: 3:38pm On Mar 01, 2023
Put your phone into "Donot disturb mode"

Rocktation:
What's your source of internet? Will it be your phone? Find your local network codes to block those village people from calling you, during the interview.
Re: My First Zoom Interview by RPG2020(m): 3:43pm On Mar 01, 2023
Some people when for the interview

Dressed code..100%
Internet connection..100%
Speaking...100%
Answering questions..100%

At the end of the day them still lose the job

What I'm trying to tell you is this BELIEVE IN YOURSELF if the job is for you is for you if you like wear blazer jacket if the job is not made for you is a no no no
Re: My First Zoom Interview by kelvyn7: 3:47pm On Mar 01, 2023
shocked
Re: My First Zoom Interview by tomzyELNINO: 3:50pm On Mar 01, 2023
DONT FORGET TO CHARGE YOUR BATTERY FULL BEFORE YOU START!!
Re: My First Zoom Interview by BlackMan6969(m): 3:55pm On Mar 01, 2023
grin the last one i had, i wore my senator native shirt with boxers, sitdown dey look the woman in d eye. So, don't dress completly. Wear ur top & suit or native with boxers. They won't see the boxers. Hehehe. Anyways, make sure u login b4 they do. Make sure ur room is well lit & quiet. Your earpiece should have a mouth piece so they can hear u clearly & lastly, look directly into ur camera lens, not on ur screen.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

EMFRICA Air-cargo Logistics Training / Shell Vacancy through Phillips Consulting / 774,000 Jobs: FG Retains 15% Slot Allocation To Ministers, Governors, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.