Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,880 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court (85215 Views)

Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 / Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender - Supreme Court / CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by wale8486: 1:22pm On Mar 03, 2023
u sha understands the message he passed.

so pass and make way werey

walenack:

It is polls not pools
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Strong87: 1:23pm On Mar 03, 2023
ecolime:
Na this useless court go restore Obi's stolen mandate so?

What concerns Supreme court with the monetary policy of the CBN? They even fixed a deadline sef cheesy

I've always said this, the Supreme Court is a joke.

The problem I see now is CBN will say they have destroyed retrieved old notes. And they still don't have the new notes to give to commercial banks.

You don't understand this point now at least people that still have the old note can spend it now good

This will lead to another round of unrests and wanton destruction of Banks properties because customers will want to withdraw by fire by force.

This I have seen 👀
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by owunabastard: 1:24pm On Mar 03, 2023
I am quite relieve with this news. Emefile and Buhari just suffer the citizens unnecessary, let life come back to normal. People are really suffering since the money scarcity, some even died due to the useless policy. Those that are saying to do transfer for all your transactions, it is not practicable for example to buy water with 50 naira and you do transfer, or to pump your tyre, you do transfer with our 100% network connection.
I am not even considering those who are not IT savvy or those old ones in villages. They said Naira swap but what we get is Naira consification.
Only God will judge CBN governor and all his accomplices.

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by elpochas: 1:25pm On Mar 03, 2023
EdiskyHarry:

I have many bank accounts including access bank.
In my experience so far UBA is the worst bank in Nigeria.
Na lie u talk oooo,na First bank be d worst.for d past one month now non of there branch in pH is paying a dime.

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by ALABACONNECT(m): 1:26pm On Mar 03, 2023
They have done what they want to do.

Well, for your UK used and new smart tv sets and soundbars, check my signature.
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by shidaa: 1:27pm On Mar 03, 2023
[quote author=Seeeker post=121435225]IPOB in gutter

Obi-foolators didn't know that naira swap was conceived by Tinubu and Buhari to distract idiots from yeast region

Shut up you stupid idiot. If you are on a platform like this contribute and stop insulting people
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by seunmsg(m): 1:29pm On Mar 03, 2023
This is victory for democracy and the rule of law. Kudos to the Supreme Court for this bold judgement.

8 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Orgym(m): 1:29pm On Mar 03, 2023
b0rn2fuck:
They have finish their presidential mumu rigging , nothing impress me about Nigeria anymore. The South East people are right, Yoruba are the real problem. I'm sad being a Yoruba man.

You can kill yourself and reincarnate to ibo

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by BreconHills(m): 1:30pm On Mar 03, 2023
Ventura1:
Yinmu! CBN already said they have destroyed the 500 and 1000 notes.

There are still tons of naira in private hands. I have quite a bit. I never thought demonetisation could work. It failed in India and it has failed here. We have to think with our head and not our emotions.

3 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by annisy(f): 1:30pm On Mar 03, 2023
And some fools believe this Supreme Court can give them justice! Nigerians wake up
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by thesicilian: 1:31pm On Mar 03, 2023
Asgard13:
Na this Supreme Court wan give PDP Justice ?

Abi Lp?

Nigerians must wake to reality .. and take by their country
It's only Biafrans that are living in a fools paradise. Well meaning and right thinking Nigerians know that you don't just wake up overnight and change a country's currency without giving adequate time for the citizen's to adjust. You easterners only supported the policy because the CBN governor is one of you and you thought it would increase your chances at the polls

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by NEIGHBOUR(m): 1:31pm On Mar 03, 2023
b0rn2fuck:
They have finish their presidential mumu rigging , nothing impress me about Nigeria anymore. The South East people are right, Yoruba are the real problem. I'm sad being a Yoruba man.

Sorry. If you are in Lagos, try lagoon but if in other states get a snipper. All the best dear. God loves you.
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by owunabastard: 1:31pm On Mar 03, 2023
olatunji0607:
Hope Buhari will adhere to it!
Out going President? he has no choice
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Maski87: 1:32pm On Mar 03, 2023
Una don take style de introduce lawlessness, it won't end well
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by BreconHills(m): 1:32pm On Mar 03, 2023
daygee12:

U can move to the east with ur family

He isn't Yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Lifewasgood: 1:32pm On Mar 03, 2023
APC do us more you look the less you see. I knew it will play this way cos it's own governors were the people fighting against the policy. They take us for fools, they intend using this extension to buy favour from the streets while they use the supreme court to secure their stolen mandate. Peter Obi and Atiku should go back to whatever they were doing before the elections cos nothing good will come out from going to courts. Politics is indeed a dirty game.
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by BreconHills(m): 1:33pm On Mar 03, 2023
Diligence:
Dear Supreme Court: where are your own banks?

If there is no directive from. CBN Governor, you are on your own!

Maybe, we can expect dis Supreme Court to retrieve The People's Mandate stolen by BAT and hand it owner to The President of the People.

Nigerians: Take Back Your Country

Don't conflate the ideas of a minority on all Nigerians. Speak for obidients.
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by JohnnA1: 1:34pm On Mar 03, 2023
bhella10:
grin Obidients how market
Those ones, na bad market dem dey always carry.
Everything about them fails.

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Maga123: 1:34pm On Mar 03, 2023
Confuse arm of government
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Johnthesuccess: 1:35pm On Mar 03, 2023
b0rn2fuck:

Omo ibo,werey dey disguise. Just look at your name again. Born to Bleep. Wasted sperm.

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by molajaadek: 1:38pm On Mar 03, 2023

There would be no need for an Electric Home Theatre and Powerbank with the zealo+++ 80w bass speaker 🔇🔊🔇🔊...

Want a wicked and Sound with deep BASS effect, Try this .

Video available on request..
Contact number below 👇👇👇👇 in pic

1 Share

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Melodydoctor: 1:38pm On Mar 03, 2023
chiefolododo:
Supreme

This is like bringing back banditry and kidnapping
As well as saving millions of lives. Currently millions of lives are in danger for not being able to use their monies. If we don't have back our hard earned hard currencies within one month from now thousands will start dropping dead daily. I have never ever had it this hard in my entire life.

3 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Prisco4luv(m): 1:38pm On Mar 03, 2023
This is wickedness, after suffering us all.. nawa
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by samwillyco1(m): 1:39pm On Mar 03, 2023
Confused people
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by 0monnak0da: 1:39pm On Mar 03, 2023
elpochas:
Na lie u talk oooo,na First bank be d worst.for d past one month now non of there branch in pH is paying a dime.
N.a. Lie you talk na Central bank you cannot even open account with dem grin
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by fidkaitoo: 1:40pm On Mar 03, 2023
Good to know
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by JOemmy(m): 1:43pm On Mar 03, 2023
Old notes that the cbn have already destroyed where will they now get it to redistribute to the public?
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by femmoy(m): 1:45pm On Mar 03, 2023
xristos:
hmmm....needless intentional inflicted suffering on masses..

elephants fight, forest suffers.

You're close to being right, except for the fact that they directed the needless sufferings on us because it doesn't affect any of the presidential candidates, neither did it affect their riggings.

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by LegalWolf: 1:45pm On Mar 03, 2023
I still think this is bad precedence IN LAW, notwithstanding the positive outcome. Again, before you roast me, I am talking about law not politics.

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by casualobserver: 1:46pm On Mar 03, 2023
Femisol:
Oloun This country don tire me grin grin

Was it not El-Rufai that told us the other day that Malami called him on phone to say CBN has destroyed all the old 500 and 1000 naira notes that was deposited by the masses

Just watch how Tinubu Urchins will celebrate this judgement grin grin

He said they lied that they had destroyed old notes.

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by obontami: 1:46pm On Mar 03, 2023
b0rn2fuck:

Because Peter obi didn't win? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Funke Akindele Nominated As Running Mate To Jandor, Lagos PDP Candidate / Shekau Weeps In New Audio, Seeks Protection Against Nigerian Soldiers' Firepower / PDP Reacts As Wike Dumps Obaseki, Reveals Next Line Of Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.