Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,858 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:57 AM

Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court (85100 Views)

Buhari Says Old ₦‎200 Note Will Remain Legal Tender Till April 10 / Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender - Supreme Court / CBN Extends Deadline For Old Naira Notes To February 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Isaaczico24: 2:31pm On Mar 03, 2023
It has achieved it's purpose. It was a game plan from the beginning. The president was part of the main cast from the beginning.
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by CutSoap(m): 2:33pm On Mar 03, 2023
I blamed myself for being a Nigerian. I reject this country in my next life if they will be any. 🤒🤒🤒

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Helgreenluv(m): 2:35pm On Mar 03, 2023
Femisol:
Oloun This country don tire me grin grin

Was it not El-Rufai that told us the other day that Malami called him on phone to say CBN has destroyed all the old 500 and 1000 naira notes that was deposited by the masses

Just watch how Tinubu Urchins will celebrate this judgement grin grin
Continue wailer. You never see anything

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Bluntemperor: 2:36pm On Mar 03, 2023
forgiveness:
Wonderful news. Let us see if CBN will concur.

Now That Supreme Court Have Spoken!
•God bless our Apex Court - for being holistic in their Judgement.
•We should learn to be truthful, honest and show emphaty in all our ways!
•Nobody,so far is saying that Nigeria should not go CASHLESS but the Timing and the Implementations is diabolical and a big Shame to Emefiele,who is making Nigerians and their Businesses to suffer till today!
Why Cashless Policy- when nobody,not even the Banking group,no Public nor Private Sector/Industry,no transportation Sector,were carried along nor were they enlightened about this total Change of Policy!
Even POS business Operators were never involved!
It was a lone-ranger thin by the maximum CBN governor- who was once a partaker and Presidential Candidate, thereby mixing Monetary Policy with Political affiliations!
-Till today,ATM of Banks are not working!
-The Money provided by the Masses are hidden in the Banks- without returns.For instance,you submitted 100,000 to the Banks,for New Naira Notes designs,yet ,after you fulfill form filling and all righteousness,you can't get the exact Money back- after many weeks,nor even the one you voluntarily gave!
Many Businesses are systematically going down- afterall,Cash is the Engine that drives it!
Yes Cashless Policy has frizzled the Kidnappers,the Elections Money -Bag,but is that all the Policy-can do for the Masses!
-Is Nigeria Lights 24/7 ,to manage the Volume of businesses - eg transfers,etc? No!
-Is Nigeria, an Agrarian Economy ,the first to implement a CASHLESS Policy in the World? No!
-How many percentage of the Anchor Agriculture Borrowers are paying back the CBN-Loan/Money,if the System is good to go? Very dissaponting!
Many Nigerians can't get Cash- for food at homes -Oil,Garri,Onions,fish- just because Una de operates this Nonsense Policy- so Masses must die first before the enjoyment! What manners of Policy be this one?
Very Shameful indeed!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 2:36pm On Mar 03, 2023
All along it was just a script Buhari and APC were playing with Nigerians to make it look like Buhari was fighting the bad eggs in his party. They were never fighting. It was all a game. But they did it at the expense of the masses. They already had there plans to rig the election

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by xristos(m): 2:40pm On Mar 03, 2023
femmoy:

You're close to being right, except for the fact that they directed the needless sufferings on us because it doesn't affect any of the presidential candidates, neither did it affect their riggings.
i said on the "masses"...none of the top politicians felt it na..money was still shared.
so to what aim..people wey don stockpile foreign currencies since ages past.
so it was kinda daft move from whoever

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by ProphetM0hammad: 2:46pm On Mar 03, 2023
Asgard13:
Na this Supreme Court wan give PDP Justice ?

Abi Lp?

Nigerians must wake to reality .. and take by their country
Why not lead by example?
Go to Aso Rock and demand for the key
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Invest4growth: 2:58pm On Mar 03, 2023
This is another opening for the administration to redeem itself and cover face for the needless economic strangulation
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by 43Ronin: 3:04pm On Mar 03, 2023
Is this the supreme Court that obedients wana get justice from grin obidients are cowards abeg. Again I ask obedients if sowore was in PO shoes would he cowardly go to supreme court or protest on the streets the electoral fraud immediately The answer to this question lies in the outcome of the Nigeria you want. Freedom is never given, its taken.

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 03, 2023
ogatboy:
So all the -supreme court was waiting was to determine who will be the President of Nigeria to make a ruling. Cowards are the people holding power in Nigeria. Cowards and criminals

Cowards are known to be sadists too, A coward never picks a fight with a worthy opponent or his match, he looks for weak, poor or harmless people to oppress so that he can feel powerful without getting hurt.
They will rather step on a man that is down than take a man down.
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Wande22(m): 3:14pm On Mar 03, 2023
Tonyblessed:
So it was a ploy of the evil demonic party and Tinubu before to make Nigerians suffer so Tinubu would look like the good person here. Shame to all of them.
the kitchen cabinet in conjunction with Emi-Emere (Emefiele) wanted to frustrate Tinubu with their ''Born to Rule'' Mentality
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by blowjohn(m): 3:14pm On Mar 03, 2023
Jogs1900:

The news sweet..

The news sweet but see queues everywhere for banks
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Bradybunch(m): 3:16pm On Mar 03, 2023
Nigeria has PHD in wasting people's time and life for real.This whole hullabaloo was premeditated, planned and executed by this fake Buhari,Emefiele, Tinubu etc .They intentionally created the antagonist and the protagonist with the same goal and purpose.Shame on Nigeria.Can you imagine?They intentionally strangulated us with cashlessness and poverty .Read that story about Stelin and the Chicken.This is a classical example.What a powerful tool these demons used to deal with Nigerians.This is a classical case of real 419.This is unbelievable.

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by blowjohn(m): 3:17pm On Mar 03, 2023
OLamylove:
At least money wouldn't be scarse anymore

U think so?
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Faposky95: 3:19pm On Mar 03, 2023
So much confusionists.......in the land
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by blowjohn(m): 3:21pm On Mar 03, 2023
grandstar:
The suffering has been immeasurable.

I had to beg a lady at a Ogba the other day for N200 just to get home. She saw me with a new Gtb card so knew I wasn't a beggar. It's so frustrating.

Wetin vex me pass I was buy meat pie at the Chicken republic kiosk opposite GTB at Ogba and their POS wasn't available.

My estate practice has ground to a screeching halt. Inspections cost money. I'm getting very few calls today.

Though the Supreme Court has made this proclamation, whether the president will abide by it as another matter. The citizenry won't feel confident accepting the old notes until the president gives his go-ahead. That's a dictatorship.

Expect in the first few months of a Tinubu presidency the full removal of the fuel subsidy and deregulation of the price. This will be met with mass protest. Tinubu will most likely succeed nevertheless. There might be bloodshed.

The Supreme Court may order a suspension of the petrol price deregulation but Tinubu would not abide by any court judgment. This ihave seen.

U even see 200 naira.

Na just yesterday my papa see cash o.

3 days no shishi.

This morning come see fight for 🏧.

No cash anywhere.
Pos now, 2k na 2,600 naira
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by sageb: 3:21pm On Mar 03, 2023
qtguru:
To think people died trying to get their money. What a country ? angry

Hello sir, I want to enquire about the "3 PC" .
Have the owners replied?
Anticipating
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 3:22pm On Mar 03, 2023
LibertyRep:
The Supreme Court seems late to the party. They've already confiscated our old notes.

But then, if hypocrisy was to be human, some people will be it's human form.

Nothing was confiscated. Can't you see that all these Naira recolouring or redesigning was all a charade and façade to distract Nigerians and the opposition party from the ruling party grand plan ? Just watch how the old notes will flood the ATMs back!
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by blowjohn(m): 3:23pm On Mar 03, 2023
I tot cbn said they had burnt the old notes?
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by boldtruthalways: 3:25pm On Mar 03, 2023
Is04970:
The good thing about the judgement is that it came after Tinubu's resounding victory at the polls.
Resounding.....with 8million votes out of 87million PVCs collected in an election with the highest turn out in history....you must be a serious joker.

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Killermamba: 3:25pm On Mar 03, 2023
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by blowjohn(m): 3:26pm On Mar 03, 2023
Who then was the naira redesign targeted at?

Were buhari and tinubu playing mind games with the citizens?

The way el rufai was attacking buhari, it doesn't seem so.

So what was the plan for?

The more u look , the less u see?

Or was it atiku?
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Truvelisback(m): 3:29pm On Mar 03, 2023
daddy001:
We need to hear from the CBN governor .These people should stop playing on our intelligence.
We need to hear from Buhari b4 CBN governor. Buhari is No1.
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Hokage001(m): 3:30pm On Mar 03, 2023
IgOga:
Tinubu don start to implement his policy o grin

Don't talk like a kid
Tinubu has no power now till he's sworn in
He's not implementing any policy yet
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 3:35pm On Mar 03, 2023
Femisol:
Oloun This country don tire me grin grin

Was it not El-Rufai that told us the other day that Malami called him on phone to say CBN has destroyed all the old 500 and 1000 naira notes that was deposited by the masses

Just watch how Tinubu Urchins will celebrate this judgement grin grin

It was all formats to deceive the opposition parties and the Nigerian masses. The major reason why this naira redesign policy was hatched was to cause voter apathy, which was clearly evident during the election so APC will carry out their rigging template fully. I never for once fell for this naira redesign nonsense because I saw through the smokescreen!

2 Likes

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by samunaka: 3:35pm On Mar 03, 2023
Seeeker:
IPOB in gutter

Obi-foolators didn't know that naira swap was conceived by Tinubu and Buhari to distract idiots from yeast region

My old 1000 naira notes dey home breathing.

Very soon Obi will Japa to China and Atiku will Japa to Dubai am very sure the crying fake activist Aisha Obi Yusuf has ran away to meet her husband in the other room in Scotland, leaving the delusion obedient in the orphanage

Obi won, Dubai mongrel also won, which one of the two clowns is lying?
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by Neye412(m): 3:38pm On Mar 03, 2023
ecolime:
Na this useless court go restore Obi's stolen mandate so?

What concerns Supreme court with the monetary policy of the CBN? They even fixed a deadline sef cheesy

I've always said this, the Supreme Court is a joke.

The problem I see now is CBN will say they have destroyed retrieved old notes. And they still don't have the new notes to give to commercial banks.

This will lead to another round of unrests and wanton destruction of Banks properties because customers will want to withdraw by fire by force.

This I have seen 👀

Obingo family, only God knows when you guys will recover from the blow the last Saturday election dent you guys with bloody nose. Supreme Court has given verdict and you can kill yourself or leave Nigeria if it doesn’t pleases you. Not even Buhari the slowpoke president nor the dementia Emefiele will upturn the verdict of the Supreme Court as it were.
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by AngelicBeing: 3:40pm On Mar 03, 2023
CutSoap:
I blamed myself for being a Nigerian. I reject this country in my next life if they will be any. 🤒🤒🤒
No, l am The Angel in charge of Nigeria and l will send you back to Nigeria after 8000 years tongue
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by 0monnak0da: 3:42pm On Mar 03, 2023
MyVILLAGEpeople:

It was all formats to deceive the opposition parties and the Nigerian masses. The major reason why this naira redesign policy was hatched was to cause voter apathy, which was clearly evident during the election so APC will carry out their rigging template fully. I never for once fell for this naira redesign nonsense because I saw through the smokescreen!
So Emefiele was part of that plan?
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by b0rn2fuck(m): 3:42pm On Mar 03, 2023
Johnthesuccess:

Omo ibo,werey dey disguise. Just look at your name again. Born to Bleep. Wasted sperm.
see John wey call ibile original Yoruba boy from ode ekiti. Emi Omo a Fi iyan je obe ishapa.. e mi ki n se Omo ajekuta ma mu omi. So watch your tongue, I'm real Yoruba and my name not extract from bible like John wey oyinbo introduce, I'm adewale Omo Odo afin, ekiti yeye
Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 3:43pm On Mar 03, 2023
xynerise:
We just went through unnecessary suffering for nothing

This whole naira redesign policy was hatched for 3 reasons.

1) To cause voter apathy, because more people would have come out to vote against APC. But person wey never see money chop go come out come vote ?

2) To distract the opposition parties with the facade that Buhari is trying to stop Tinubu. It was all a game plan within the ruling party.

3) To make APC carry out its rigging template in a wily way. Look at the results. Tinubu has always been an old wheeler dealer and a big crook. Nigerian masses were just pawns in the political cheese game.

1 Like

Re: Old Naira Notes To Continue To Be Legal Tender Till December - Supreme Court by tplayer: 3:45pm On Mar 03, 2023
LibertyRep:
The Supreme Court seems late to the party. They've already confiscated our old notes.

But then, if hypocrisy was to be human, some people will be it's human form.

They ain't late. The political class wanted to drag them into their political chess game. This much a justice of the supreme court said earlier.

They intentionally waited till the presidential election was over before giving judgement, which though was a sensible option.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan's House & Parlour In Abuja That Can't Accommodate 10 Persons / Abba Kyari Buried In Abuja (Photos) / Buhari, Order Immediate Arrest Of Okonjo-Iweala & Emefiele - By Ilesanmi Omabomi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.