Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,368 members, 7,781,004 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:21 AM

can u crack this nut? - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / can u crack this nut? (1171 Views)

That Very Moment U Crack A Funny Joke To Ur Friends. / Are You Smart To Crack This? Oya Come Online! Pic / Laugh Till U Crack Ur Teeth... A Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

can u crack this nut? by aikmamah1(m): 10:13pm On Aug 30, 2007
Devide Without Remender
At death a man left 17 camels for his 3 children and in his will he said that “ the first son sld take ½ of the camels, the second son sld take 1/3 of the camels while the last sld take 1/9 of the camels. Now how would they share the 17 camels?
Re: can u crack this nut? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 31, 2007
thats gross u are expected to give us an answer tongue tongue
Re: can u crack this nut? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 01, 2007
thanks man that was gooooood, i no sabi mass(!) but if u solve am,i go know am
Re: can u crack this nut? by clemcykul(f): 10:52am On Sep 03, 2007
YOU just asked if we can crack the nut

u hav no wright to giv the answer AJAYI CROWDER tongue tongue tongue

all the same i will do it my way, lemme get a hammer nd crack the nut real guuuudu grin grin
Re: can u crack this nut? by Genial(m): 11:15am On Sep 04, 2007
aik.mamah:

Devide Without Remender
At death a man left 17 camels for his 3 children and in his will he said that “ the first son sld take ½ of the camels, the second son sld take 1/3 of the camels while the last sld take 1/9 of the camels. Now how would they share the 17 camels?

Game over:

I can c many guys now hate mathematics like die. OK let me solve it:

First 17 is a prime number, what this means is that no other number xept 1 can divide it

17 can divide itself. All prime numbers can.

, so what they need do is to go borrow 1 other camel so that there will be 18 in all,

Then the original stipulation of the will be breached. It clearly states "1/2 of the camels" - unless of course you can convince me that 1/2 of 17 is 9 on any planet.

Now 1/2 of 18 is 9, so the first boy now has 9 camels,
1/3 of 18 is 6, so the second has 6 camels,
1/9 of 18 is 2 so the last guy has 2 camels,
so in all they have 9+6+2=17 camels, so they have 1 camel left, which they can take back to the person they borrowed from and every body will go home happy grin

Pointless if you wish to abide by the terms of the will.

My answer?
Breed the camels. Strictly speaking, since any new camel you obtain in that way is a product of the old, you have not breached the terms of the will, and you can share them according to the stipulations of the old man when you have 18 camels or any number that can be divided according to the will.

This is clearly what the old man had in mind. grin
Re: can u crack this nut? by mimiko(f): 12:53pm On Sep 04, 2007
@ game over is my brain shut down smart one
Re: can u crack this nut? by chux7: 12:55pm On Sep 04, 2007
undecidedokay
Re: can u crack this nut? by Aiphie(f): 1:07pm On Sep 04, 2007
Genial:

This is clearly what the old man had in mind. grin
Apart from solving riddles, Genial also reads minds.  smiley Abi?
Re: can u crack this nut? by Genial(m): 3:01pm On Sep 04, 2007
Aiphie:

Apart from solving riddles, Genial also reads minds. smiley Abi?

Yes he does. For a token fee. tongue
Re: can u crack this nut? by Aiphie(f): 3:42pm On Sep 04, 2007
So can Genial tell me what I have in mind now tongue
Re: can u crack this nut? by Genial(m): 4:45pm On Sep 04, 2007
Genial knows that Aiphie is thinking naughty thoughts and thinks that Genial does not know.

That will be a thousand quid.
Re: can u crack this nut? by Migines(m): 5:13pm On Sep 04, 2007
I culd do dat.
Re: can u crack this nut? by penfold(m): 5:33pm On Sep 04, 2007
@ poster

the "nut" is actually from an arab mathematician named Al Qwari, the father of modern day algorithm, the science/mathematics of solving problems from outside the equation!!
Just for information !!
Re: can u crack this nut? by Aiphie(f): 6:12pm On Sep 04, 2007
Hey Genial is wrong for once. grin I'm so happy 'bout that.

grin wink grin
Re: can u crack this nut? by seun001(m): 7:59pm On Sep 04, 2007
meeeeeeeeeeeeen,am cracking seriously!
Re: can u crack this nut? by rubie(f): 1:37pm On Sep 05, 2007
Meeeeen, I tried using a stone, but it would not crack. So maybe I'd just hold it up till Osama sends his boys on a suicide mission into it. grin

(1) (Reply)

Husband Wanted / Peeps,do Test Ur Maths And Logic Skills With Dis Drill. / Leav Wateva U R Doin Nw,and Read This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.