Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,167 members, 7,780,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:37 AM

What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? (1416 Views)

Seeking Honest Advice That Could Save My Mental Health. / In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples / Word Of Advice For Men Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Polynek(m): 2:23pm On Mar 06, 2023
Many of us have favourite advice or quote that we can't forget easily, and wish to give such advice to our younger ones.
Mine include the following...
There is no substitute for hardworking.
Work hard and dream big.
Be yourself.
Be self contend.
Listen more and talk less.
Spend wisely.
If you can control your 3rd leg, you hv solved 50% of your problem (boys).
Fear GOD .
And many others I can't really remember now.
So let's hear yours someone can learn something from it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Zonefree(m): 2:24pm On Mar 06, 2023
To my male children, Never fall in love with a Nigerian girl.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by yrhuhfy113: 2:25pm On Mar 06, 2023
Polynek:
Many of us have favourite advice or quote that we can't forget easily, and wish to give such advice to our younger ones.
Mine include the following...
There is no substitute for hardworking.
Work hard and dream big.
Be yourself.
Be self contend.
Listen more and talk less.
Spend wisely.
If you can control your 3rd leg, you hv solved 50% of your problem (boys).
Fear GOD .
And many others I can't really remember now.
So let's hear yours someone can learn something from it.

TRUST NO ONE
CHOOSE RELATIONSHIP THAT GIVE YOU MONEY OR PURPOSE.... Never choose people just for nothing or just emotions.
WIN VERY WELL FIRST BEFORE YOU HELP ANYONE
NEVER BE IN A ROOM WHERE YOU ARE THE SMARTEST
BE QUIET BUT OBSERVE EVERY THING

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Blackdeewhy(m): 2:33pm On Mar 06, 2023
kiss
Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Polynek(m): 2:34pm On Mar 06, 2023
yrhuhfy113:

TRUST NO ONE
CHOOSE RELATIONSHIP THAT GIVE YOU MONEY OR PURPOSE.... Never choose people just for nothing or just emotions.
WIN VERY WELL FIRST BEFORE YOU HELP ANYONE
NEVER BE IN A ROOM WHERE YOU ARE THE SMARTEST
BE QUIET BUT OBSERVE EVERY THING
Deep cheesy
Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Polynek(m): 2:35pm On Mar 06, 2023
Zonefree:
To my male children, Never fall in love with a Nigerian girl.
Bro why did you say so? grin
Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Polynek(m): 2:36pm On Mar 06, 2023
Blackdeewhy:
kiss
Say something I want to hear urs grin
Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Karlifate: 3:00pm On Mar 06, 2023
They're many, but to share a few: shocked

1. Get things done when you're still young with a lot of energy.

2. Time is wealth, don't waste it on fruitless things.

3. Know when to say the magic words: thank you and sorry.

4. Health is wealth — Prioritize it.

5. Life is beautiful & difficult. Keep positive mental strength and be prepared for the worse.

6. Figure out things that gives you genuine happiness & spend your lifetime doing them.

7. Don't live life because you want people to remember you, live, so you can be happy you came to the world in the first place.

8. Make every moment count, you never know which is the last.

9. Believe in your ability to do great things and give yourself a massive support. The world doesn't support people who don't have confidence.

10. Don't be ashamed of your hustle, nobody is willing to give you free money — Even in Freetown, nothing is free.

Drops pen...🖊️

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Foodqueen(f): 3:07pm On Mar 06, 2023
Be sure of your partner before you settle down.

Do not settle with anyone that has a child before.

I don't want them to deal with any step rivalry.

Grab every opportunity you see, cos the grass is never greener on the other side.

2 Likes

Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by TradingGod: 3:08pm On Mar 06, 2023
The first advice is

Proverbs 3:5 Put all your hope in God,
and do not rely on your own understanding;.

The second advice is the one I called the 3 of 3 rules or the trinity

Learn to Praise the LORD JESUS
Learn to Praise Yourself
Learn to Praise Your Neighbor

Following this 3 of 3 rules will make you find favour in the sight of LORD JESUS and in the sight of man

(Proverbs 3:3-4) Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you; bind them around your neck; write them on the tablet of your heart. So you will find favor and good success in the sight of God and man.

2 Likes

Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Zonefree(m): 3:23pm On Mar 06, 2023
Polynek:

Bro why did you say so? grin
Because most Nigerian girls are not productive, they're mainly liabilities disguising in human form.

3 Likes

Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Polynek(m): 3:29pm On Mar 06, 2023
Zonefree:

Because most Nigerian girls are not productive, they're mainly liabilities disguising in human form.
Chaaaii Dix is harsh oo angry
Some girls are hardworking tho
Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 06, 2023
I will tell him to stay away from girls from broke family angry girls from broke family don’t care about feelings or emotions in relationships they are all about thier survival

4 Likes

Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 06, 2023
ogbeni stfu all naija girls are so useless
Polynek:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Zonefree(m): 3:31pm On Mar 06, 2023
Polynek:

What's the percentage of hardworking girls in Nigeria?

*You can use Nairaland girls as case study.

2 Likes

Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Berrityga: 3:38pm On Mar 06, 2023
Wake up early press phone and sleep back.
Avoid broke girls with all for life.
Eat food oo. Don't look like buhari.
Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Puss360(f): 5:52pm On Mar 06, 2023
To my female child- "Try to be be independent and contented... Even in marriage, still be independent and contented".....
To my male child- "Control your sexual urge.. no matter the child(ren) you have, always love Dem unconditionally and show them how much you love them... For the future is never far away so you won't be deserted when old"...

2 Likes

Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by VTJN(m): 6:10pm On Mar 06, 2023
Zonefree:

what is the percentage of boys that are hardworking in Nigeria? Is it not cyber fraud most of them induge into and run after giveaway on nairaland and other social media platforms?

Dey play

1 Like

Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by VTJN(m): 6:12pm On Mar 06, 2023
Merch:
I will tell him to stay away from girls from broke family angry girls from broke family don’t care about feelings or emotions in relationships they are all about thier survival
They didn't chose to be born poor or broke. They didn't chose their father but they have every right to chose their husbands and future partner

1 Like

Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Zonefree(m): 6:18pm On Mar 06, 2023
VTJN:
what is the percentage of boys that are hardworking in Nigeria? Is it not cyber fraud most of them induge into and run after giveaway on nairaland and other social media platforms?

Dey play
Go to Upper iweka, Ariaria market, Alaba market, Ladipo, Computer village, you'll see a high percentage of guys working hard to better the lives of their families and communities.

5 Likes

Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by VTJN(m): 7:29pm On Mar 06, 2023
Zonefree:

Go to Upper iweka, Ariaria market, Alaba market, Ladipo, Computer village, you'll see a high percentage of guys working hard to better the lives of their families and communities.

Go to Lagos island market; Idumota market, Oshodi market, mile 12 and mile 2 market you will see high numbers of ladies working hard daily to make ends meet and be productive

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by techWriter3: 8:14pm On Mar 06, 2023
To my male kids, Never spring in love with a Nigerians girl
Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Noblegraphix20(m): 8:32pm On Mar 06, 2023
Wow
Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by SeaTrade(m): 8:40pm On Mar 06, 2023
Start your life journey early,
You get to have enough time to correct your mistakes and also have a lot of safety nets since you'd still be under the wings of guardians/parents.
No be small bailout upon bailout my mama do for me when I receive serious hit from life and also corrected myself from my mistakes early and recovered in ample time too,like nothing ever happened.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by xavuv: 9:42pm On Mar 06, 2023
Foodqueen:

Grab every opportunity you see, cos the grass is never greener on the other side.

Aswear
Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Nobody: 7:50am On Mar 07, 2023
Marry a virgin
Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by aysnoopy(m): 8:12am On Mar 07, 2023
My advice to my kids
1. YOUR FRIENDS YOU MOVE AROUND WITH TODAY MIGHT BE RICHER THAN YOU TOMORROW AND FORGET YOU EVER EXISTED, SO WORK HARD AND CHOOSE A FRIEND THAT HAS THE SAME VISION AS YOU.

2. NEVER TRUST A WOMAN THAT CRIES EVERYTIME WHENEVER THERE IS AN ARGUMENT. THEY ARE TRYING TO PLAY WITH YOUR EMOTIONS AND COVER THEIR LIES.

3. HELP BUT NEVER EXPECT TO GET HELP IN RETURN WHEN YOU NEED IT. 99.5% OF PEOPLE YOU HELP WILL NEVER HELP YOU WHEN YOU'RE IN NEED

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by toluxe0075: 8:17am On Mar 07, 2023
Learn how build and sell something and make money.

2 Likes

Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Polynek(m): 9:08am On Mar 07, 2023
Zonefree:

But how will you know that someone is not working bcox u are seeing her active here? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by Polynek(m): 9:08am On Mar 07, 2023
Merch:
ogbeni stfu all naija girls are so useless
Be calming down bro no b all of dem grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by shantti(m): 11:22am On Mar 07, 2023
VTJN:
They didn't chose to be born poor or broke. They didn't chose their father but they have every right to chose their husbands and future partner

What then happens should the money finish during the course of the marriage. She will then divorce and go after another rich man?

What happens too when the money of this new rich husband finishes?
Re: What Is That Piece Of Advice That You Must Give Your Child? by VTJN(m): 2:41pm On Mar 07, 2023
shantti:

What then happens should the money finish during the course of the marriage. She will then divorce and go after another rich man?

What happens too when the money of this new rich husband finishes?
Are you praying for bad thing to befell anyone? Do you wish anyone bad?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

ok / Do You Approve Of Cohabitation? / Wicked Father: Pours Hot Water On Daughter’s Private Part!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.