Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,478 members, 7,895,020 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 07:59 PM

3D Printing - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 3D Printing (1194 Views)

3D Printing Infill: All You Need To Know / 3D Printing In Dentistry / Website Design & Development Di,flex, Sav And General Printing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3D Printing by owagbeba: 7:22am On Apr 28, 2023
Working on a replacement gear for a twin rotor drive system .

Estimated torque with and without load: 13NM to 28NM

Re: 3D Printing by owagbeba: 7:26am On Apr 28, 2023
uwemjack:

Yes in Lagos
0 8 1 1399 0179

Hi uwemjack,

Possible I pay for the bundle and take delivery today?
Re: 3D Printing by uwemjack(m): 11:32am On Apr 28, 2023
[quote author=owagbeba post=122796183][/quote]

Yes interesting but none of the test print had a solid fill
Re: 3D Printing by uwemjack(m): 11:48am On Apr 28, 2023
owagbeba:

Hi uwemjack,

Possible I pay for the bundle and take delivery today?

It sheared off when I was removing it from the build plate.

It was stuck to the plate and I tried using a pliers to remove since I usually apply glue on my plate before printing.

Will do another this evening so maybe tomorrow. Which part of Lagos are you at?

Re: 3D Printing by owagbeba: 11:33am On Apr 29, 2023
uwemjack:

It sheared off when I was removing it from the build plate.

It was stuck to the plate and I tried using a pliers to remove since I usually apply glue on my plate before printing.

Will do another this evening so maybe tomorrow. Which part of Lagos are you at?

I’m a little curious about the shearing of the gear. It sheared into halves? Or a few parts broke off the print?

I reckon your ender3v2 has a heated glass plate, right? How about warming up the bed before removing the print
Re: 3D Printing by owagbeba: 11:37am On Apr 29, 2023
How lucrative is this 3D printing industry in Nigeria? I mean considering the amount of automotive spares parts that are condemned just because of a worn out plastic part.

Don’t you think anyone with 3D design and printing skills will make a huge gain at ladipo spare parts market?
Re: 3D Printing by uwemjack(m): 6:00pm On Apr 29, 2023
owagbeba:

I’m a little curious about the shearing of the gear. It sheared into halves? Or a few parts broke off the print?

the sharp
tool I used penetrated and created a weak point and it sheared d print into 2 not halfs

I reckon your ender3v2 has a heated glass plate, right? How about warming up the bed before removing the print

same as removing immediately after printing, glass is supposed to contract on cooling
Re: 3D Printing by uwemjack(m): 6:05pm On Apr 29, 2023
owagbeba:
How lucrative is this 3D printing industry in Nigeria? I mean considering the amount of automotive spares parts that are condemned just because of a worn out plastic part.

Don’t you think anyone with 3D design and printing skills will make a huge gain at ladipo spare parts market?

it's not that popular yet, I print architectural design models and parts for my car and bike, even toys for my boys
Re: 3D Printing by owagbeba: 10:11am On Apr 30, 2023
uwemjack:

it's not that popular yet, I print architectural design models and parts for my car and bike, even toys for my boys

One would imagine a country with such a huge population and high unemployment, they’d exploring every opportunity to be self employed since the era of cheap technology and free web . It would not take much time or cost an arm to setup a print shop.

A cheap 3D printer is under $100 - the price of a Samsung phone.

I was in Alaba to a few months back to get a “used” 1hp pressure pump . They had so many pumps without plastic covers. I told the dude he could print these covers and sell not at a loss. He was lost … he’d never heard of 3D printer to print plastic .

1 Like

Re: 3D Printing by owagbeba: 10:17am On Apr 30, 2023
What’s the most complex print job you have ever done? Any photos?

Currently working on a drive shaft for this small but expensive choppers. Despite the cost of this appliance, I wonder why the company built the drive shaft with “thin” plastic, and they advertised this a meat mincer….lol

Re: 3D Printing by uwemjack(m): 9:46pm On May 03, 2023
owagbeba:

I agree with you the only downside is steady power supply which is not common. You need to have steady alternative power to have more fun.
Re: 3D Printing by uwemjack(m): 9:56pm On May 03, 2023
owagbeba:
What’s the most complex print job you have ever done? Any photos?
most complex... I don't think there's any. The major challenge for me is designing the component especially if it has to fit to another part, the most challenging was a phone holder to be mounted on the handlebar of my bike. Longest print was like over 50hrs long. I actually don't remember to take pictures if the print is more engaging.

Currently working on a drive shaft for this small but expensive choppers. Despite the cost of this appliance, I wonder why the company built the drive shaft with “thin” plastic, and they advertised this a meat mincer….lol
🤣
Re: 3D Printing by uwemjack(m): 4:59pm On May 09, 2023
owagbeba:
Working on a 3D printing project: helical gear for a processor
How did the printed one I sent perform?
Re: 3D Printing by owagbeba: 6:11am On May 11, 2023
uwemjack:

How did the printed one I sent perform?

Sorry for the late reply.. The gear is good … it paired well with the driving gear. No chance to do a stress test with tiger nuts on the machine.

Will send update soon

Do you take out your filament and store after printing or you leave it on the printer?
Re: 3D Printing by uwemjack(m): 7:16am On May 11, 2023
owagbeba:

Sorry for the late reply.. The gear is good … it paired well with the driving gear. No chance to do a stress test with tiger nuts on the machine.

Will send update soon

Do you take out your filament and store after printing or you leave it on the printer?

I usually leave mine on the printer, if you have a vacuum storage then it's better to remove and store
Re: 3D Printing by owagbeba: 7:30am On May 16, 2023
uwemjack:

I usually leave mine on the printer, if you have a vacuum storage then it's better to remove and store

Morning bro

Any idea the settings that would help eliminate “stringing” in 3D print?

Below is a 6x12mm print. It’s good, though. I could sand it to take out the strings. But I am just wondering if there’s a slicer setting that could give me a fine print for small dimension prints

My setting for this print:
100% full
Line infill pattern
1.6mm side thickness

Re: 3D Printing by uwemjack(m): 8:05am On May 16, 2023
owagbeba:

Morning bro

Any idea the settings that would help eliminate “stringing” in 3D print?

Below is a 6x12mm print. It’s good, though. I could sand it to take out the strings. But I am just wondering if there’s a slicer setting that could give me a fine print for small dimension prints

My setting for this print:
100% full
Line infill pattern
1.6mm side thickness

this is not stringing o, with stringing a heat gun or passing it over an open flame will eliminate them.
This is more of the printer settings or setup.
Do you have the ironing option in your printer settings? If yes turn it on.
What temperature are you printing?
What is your printing speed?
What is your fan speed setting?
Those are areas you can look at
Re: 3D Printing by owagbeba: 8:32am On May 16, 2023
uwemjack:

this is not stringing o, with stringing a heat gun or passing it over an open flame will eliminate them.
This is more of the printer settings or setup.
Do you have the ironing option in your printer settings? If yes turn it on.
What temperature are you printing?
What is your printing speed?
What is your fan speed setting?
Those are areas you can look at

No ironing option…. Using Cura latest ver.
Print temp is 205.
Print speed is 100
No fan speed setting

PS: for large prints (15mm x 38mm)…. It came out really fine. Especially when I used line infill pattern and 205 temp.
Re: 3D Printing by owagbeba: 8:35am On May 16, 2023
45mm plug disc
100% fill and line infill pattern

Re: 3D Printing by uwemjack(m): 8:36am On May 17, 2023
owagbeba:

No ironing option…. Using Cura latest ver.
Print temp is 205.
Print speed is 100
No fan speed setting

PS: for large prints (15mm x 38mm)…. It came out really fine. Especially when I used line infill pattern and 205 temp.
I still think issue is in the setting somehow, increase temp to maybe 210, and reduce speed to maybe 80.
Just play with the settings till you find what works.
Re: 3D Printing by owagbeba: 11:04am On May 28, 2023
Hi uwemjack

What trick do you use in 3D printing without add support?

I had this simple Thermocooker plate on print but it all collapsed on the bed without a support. It was a mess.

Later on I applied support to the overlays and it took hours to print..

What trick do you use to avoid support and a waste of filament?
Re: 3D Printing by owagbeba: 11:07am On May 28, 2023
Here is the print with added support

Re: 3D Printing by owagbeba: 11:08am On May 28, 2023
How well does Ender3 handle this extended lead without support?

Re: 3D Printing by uwemjack(m): 10:34pm On May 28, 2023
owagbeba:
Hi uwemjack

What trick do you use in 3D printing without add support?

I had this simple Thermocooker plate on print but it all collapsed on the bed without a support. It was a mess.

Later on I applied support to the overlays and it took hours to print..

What trick do you use to avoid support and a waste of filament?

place the object such that the largest surface is lying flat on the print bed (orientation)\, under setting you can adjust the angle over which a support will be generated.
you can also reduce the support filling % to the bearest minimum this will reduce material usag5e for support.
Above all to get a good print for some objects a support is needed
Re: 3D Printing by owagbeba: 2:43pm On Jul 15, 2023
Hi uwemjack

Do you have black PLA filament for sale?
Re: 3D Printing by uwemjack(m): 12:50am On Jul 16, 2023
owagbeba:
Hi uwemjack

Do you have black PLA filament for sale?
Yes
Re: 3D Printing by yungevvy(m): 12:19am On Nov 15, 2023
Re: 3D Printing by rashmi3D: 1:12pm On Dec 30, 2023
I am facing lot of issue with leveling the bed for long time.

This is what I am trying to do: https://abhi3d.com/bed-leveling

Is there any permanent solution to it.
Re: 3D Printing by uwemjack(m): 2:17pm On Dec 30, 2023
rashmi3D:
I am facing lot of issue with leveling the bed for long time.

This is what I am trying to do: https://abhi3d.com/bed-leveling

Is there any permanent solution to it.

Sorry I don't click links.

You can install a firmware to help in leveling

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies Which Ones Ur Fave{ Mum Or Dad} / Wordup Y'all,i'm Danielle,i'm New Here N I'm Luvin It! / Testing Testing 1, 2, 3. . . . Please Do Not Enter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.