Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,636 members, 7,801,835 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Telcos Migrate To Harmonised Short Codes, Collapse Individual Short Codes May 17 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Telcos Migrate To Harmonised Short Codes, Collapse Individual Short Codes May 17 (22996 Views)

NCC Approves Harmonized Short Codes, Directs Implementation / NCC Unveils New Unified Short Codes For All Mobile Networks In The Country / Best Airtel Tariff Plans And Migration Codes May 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Telcos Migrate To Harmonised Short Codes, Collapse Individual Short Codes May 17 by ijustdey: 10:55am On Mar 08, 2023
The Nigerian Communications Commission, NCC may have started to implement the long awaited harmonisation of operations in the telecom sector, beginning with the collapsing of all short codes to a uniform number across all telecommunications operators.

What this means is that from the May 17, 2023, recharging your mobile phones, checking your credit balance for either airtime or data and all that services will be done with a uniform number irrespective of the network service you are subscribed to.

This appears the second phase of telecom industry harmonisation after NCC introduced the Mobile Number Portability in April 2013

Mobile number portability (MNP) enables mobile telephone users to switch from one mobile network carrier to another and still retain their original mobile telephone numbers.

In the new harmonised short codes, one unique code will perform short code services for subscribers of all telecom operators in the country.

Dropping the hint, umbrella body of telecom operators, the Association of Licensed Telecom Operators in Nigeria, ALTON, said its members were ready to implement the new policy because it reflected modern regulatory practice which obtains globally.

In a statement signed by the duo of Chairman and Head Operations of the Association, Engr Gbenga Adebayo and Gbolahan Awonuga, the association said: “ALTON has announced the commencement of harmonised short codes across all networks pursuant to a regulatory modernisation initiative by the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC).

The harmonisation of short codes is aimed at implementing a streamlined process for common short codes across the industry, by making life easier for Nigerians through the memorisation of single codes, for various services across all networks as well as providing a cohesive regulatory frame work that is consistent with global best practices.

“Following the directive from NCC, the Association hereby informs the general public that during migration, which is to be concluded by 17th May, 2023 old and new common codes, will run concurrently, after which the old codes will cease to operate”.

The proposed harmonised short codes
? Call Center/Help Desk – 300, Voice Mail Deposit – 301, Voice Mail Retrieval -302, Borrow Services – 303, STOP Services – 304, Check Balance – 310, Credit Recharge – 311, Data Plan – 312.

Others are, Share Services – 321, Data Plan Balance – 323, Verification of SIM Registration/ NIN – SIM Linkage – 996 and Porting Services (MNP) – 2442

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/03/telcos-migrate-to-harmonised-short-codes-collapse-individual-short-codes-may-17/

42 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Telcos Migrate To Harmonised Short Codes, Collapse Individual Short Codes May 17 by marlow1962(m): 11:10am On Mar 08, 2023
K
Re: Telcos Migrate To Harmonised Short Codes, Collapse Individual Short Codes May 17 by Raymond0008(m): 11:10am On Mar 08, 2023
Then dey jonz before ni! Almost washed plate on Monday because I couldn’t make transfer after eating.

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Telcos Migrate To Harmonised Short Codes, Collapse Individual Short Codes May 17 by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 08, 2023
Good.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Telcos Migrate To Harmonised Short Codes, Collapse Individual Short Codes May 17 by Emeskhalifa(m): 11:11am On Mar 08, 2023
Nice

1 Like

Re: Telcos Migrate To Harmonised Short Codes, Collapse Individual Short Codes May 17 by ugotricey: 11:11am On Mar 08, 2023
Jonzing people
Re: Telcos Migrate To Harmonised Short Codes, Collapse Individual Short Codes May 17 by Ponomote(m): 11:11am On Mar 08, 2023
Will this bring about good governance and development?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Telcos Migrate To Harmonised Short Codes, Collapse Individual Short Codes May 17 by devil007: 11:11am On Mar 08, 2023

3 Likes

Re: Telcos Migrate To Harmonised Short Codes, Collapse Individual Short Codes May 17 by Generalkaycee(m): 11:11am On Mar 08, 2023
That would be great.

1 Like

Re: Telcos Migrate To Harmonised Short Codes, Collapse Individual Short Codes May 17 by MuchAdo: 11:11am On Mar 08, 2023
Ok
Re: Telcos Migrate To Harmonised Short Codes, Collapse Individual Short Codes May 17 by Iloveu778: 11:12am On Mar 08, 2023
grin
Re: Telcos Migrate To Harmonised Short Codes, Collapse Individual Short Codes May 17 by incogni2o: 11:12am On Mar 08, 2023
Sooo happy about this
Re: Telcos Migrate To Harmonised Short Codes, Collapse Individual Short Codes May 17 by Atarakpa: 11:12am On Mar 08, 2023
I no understand again o

1 Like

Re: Telcos Migrate To Harmonised Short Codes, Collapse Individual Short Codes May 17 by id4sho(m): 11:12am On Mar 08, 2023
Nice
Re: Telcos Migrate To Harmonised Short Codes, Collapse Individual Short Codes May 17 by mmafhew(m): 11:12am On Mar 08, 2023
angry
Re: Telcos Migrate To Harmonised Short Codes, Collapse Individual Short Codes May 17 by ArinzeAnthony03: 11:12am On Mar 08, 2023
Nonsense
Re: Telcos Migrate To Harmonised Short Codes, Collapse Individual Short Codes May 17 by GorillaApp(m): 11:12am On Mar 08, 2023
Why don't they inform people before hand? They just suspended the services and are now telling us now.
Why do they like inflicting pain on the people?

It's a good one though

1 Like

Re: Telcos Migrate To Harmonised Short Codes, Collapse Individual Short Codes May 17 by SmartODINO: 11:13am On Mar 08, 2023
That will be cool and hassle free.
Re: Telcos Migrate To Harmonised Short Codes, Collapse Individual Short Codes May 17 by oluwaseyi0: 11:13am On Mar 08, 2023
Ponomote:
Will this bring about good governance and development?

Yes
Re: Telcos Migrate To Harmonised Short Codes, Collapse Individual Short Codes May 17 by Scatterscatter(m): 11:13am On Mar 08, 2023
Interesting days ahead

One day, one trouble grin

2 Likes

Re: Telcos Migrate To Harmonised Short Codes, Collapse Individual Short Codes May 17 by izubext007: 11:13am On Mar 08, 2023
Nice move , am tired of asking some one on how to recharge glo and 9 mobile

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Telcos Migrate To Harmonised Short Codes, Collapse Individual Short Codes May 17 by ASHIWAJU2023: 11:13am On Mar 08, 2023
Ok

1 Like

Re: Telcos Migrate To Harmonised Short Codes, Collapse Individual Short Codes May 17 by zoedew: 11:14am On Mar 08, 2023

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Telcos Migrate To Harmonised Short Codes, Collapse Individual Short Codes May 17 by Otasikwe(m): 11:14am On Mar 08, 2023
ugotricey:
Jonzing people
i dey tell u na real jonz ndiara
Re: Telcos Migrate To Harmonised Short Codes, Collapse Individual Short Codes May 17 by clockwisereport: 11:14am On Mar 08, 2023
Somebody is using my mtn line to borrow airtime. Once he finishes it, he borrows again. I have mailed and called MTN, they said they did not see anything relating to that.

I visited MTN office in my area yesterday, they advised me to clear the outstanding debt and do welcome back. I did that. Immediately I got home, the person has borrowed another N500. Please, make una help me

8 Likes

Re: Telcos Migrate To Harmonised Short Codes, Collapse Individual Short Codes May 17 by Dogalmighty17: 11:14am On Mar 08, 2023
We haven't finished with the confusion CBN caused, INEC fire us another one. We never understand INEC own finish now NCC dey bring another confusion come. Which kind wahala be dis? You wan tell me say ,*556# and *606# no dey work again? What type of this is this?

1 Like

Re: Telcos Migrate To Harmonised Short Codes, Collapse Individual Short Codes May 17 by PDPdestroyer(m): 11:15am On Mar 08, 2023
Wow! The Obi effect.....you can see Obi is already performing wonders. I was told by a reliable source that this move was initiated by Obi grin
Re: Telcos Migrate To Harmonised Short Codes, Collapse Individual Short Codes May 17 by Whois(m): 11:15am On Mar 08, 2023
This is a good development. A new Nigeria is POssible

1 Like

Re: Telcos Migrate To Harmonised Short Codes, Collapse Individual Short Codes May 17 by Voiceofthestree: 11:16am On Mar 08, 2023
Make you nah just continue do whatever that please you Nigeria government but I know one sure thing say The End deh for all movie ooo. As you nah just deh use us deh act different movie so don’t forget The End must surely deh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Instagram Unveils New Logo / Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer / 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.