Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,079 members, 7,807,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

20K Monthly Giveaway For Detribalized Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 20K Monthly Giveaway For Detribalized Nigerians (683 Views)

Ogbonnaya Onu’s Death, A Huge Loss To Nigeria, Ex-Minister Was Detribalized- Obi / The Most Detribalized People In Nigeria. / Tell Atiku Marry Two Of His Daughters To SE To Prove He Is Detribalized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

20K Monthly Giveaway For Detribalized Nigerians by lelion: 1:20pm On Mar 08, 2023
For years now l have been folllowing events on Nairaland at it seems Nigerians are becoming more tribalized, hateful and religious intolérant. These things are bad and does not help us in anyway. At the end of the day, politicians are the highest beneficiaries because they use the above mentioned ills to implement their divide and rule policies on us.

Henceforth, from the month of April, l will be giving 2 detribalized Nigerians here on politics section 10k each. That will be my little contribution towards controlling tribalism and hate here.
Note: l will be monitoring comments and will chose the 2 beneficiaries monthly.

PEACE.

2 Likes

Re: 20K Monthly Giveaway For Detribalized Nigerians by Asgard13: 1:31pm On Mar 08, 2023
Nice one ..

Tribalism can’t be eradicated from Nigeria .. as long as we’re alive and Nigerians .

The Yoruba tribe of southwest Nigeria will always champion this course .

Not out of hatred or bitterness.. only say because is in them.

That’s their meaning of sophistication and eliteness ..

Tribalism is what’s translate to Omulabi or Yoruba Ronu.. is a tribal call.

Is from and part of their tradition.

The only tribe that sees others as “ strangers” and use same term to qualify their fellow Nigerians in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: 20K Monthly Giveaway For Detribalized Nigerians by Parachoko: 1:34pm On Mar 08, 2023
Nice one OP

Best of luck

The Government should look into this issue

1 Like

Re: 20K Monthly Giveaway For Detribalized Nigerians by lelion: 1:40pm On Mar 08, 2023
In every tribe we have very good people and few bad eggs. Believe me, Yorubas are very good people. Igbos also are very good. You have very good hausas, Fulanis, Ibibio, Efiks, Nupes...etc. we can not some unfortunate actions or inactions of the few bad ones amongst us to profile a whole tribe. Please let's join hands to make Nigeria a better place.

PEACE .

Asgard13:
Nice one ..

Tribalism can’t be eradicated from Nigeria .. as long as we’re alive and Nigerians .

The only tribe that sees others as “ strangers” and use same term to qualify their fellow Nigerians in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 20K Monthly Giveaway For Detribalized Nigerians by oyetpel(m): 1:41pm On Mar 08, 2023
Nice.

I think the politicians are the ones that incite the masses into tribalism sentiments.
It's so rife because it's election time, once election is over, people will forget it.
What pains me most is that, these generation of youths could have been the change, but they have sowed the seed of tribalism in them which will set this country back again.
Re: 20K Monthly Giveaway For Detribalized Nigerians by BikoMERCYme(f): 1:44pm On Mar 08, 2023
T
Re: 20K Monthly Giveaway For Detribalized Nigerians by BikoMERCYme(f): 1:45pm On Mar 08, 2023
lelion:
For years now l have been folllowing events on Nairaland at it seems Nigerians are becoming more tribalized, hateful and religious intolérant. These things are bad and does not help us in anyway. At the end of the day, politicians are the highest beneficiaries because they use the above mentioned ills to implement their divide and rule policies on us.

Henceforth, from the month of April, l will be giving 2 detribalized Nigerians here on politics section 10k each. That will be my little contribution towards controlling tribalism and hate here.
Note: l will be monitoring comments and will chose the 2 beneficiaries monthly.

PEACE.

H
Re: 20K Monthly Giveaway For Detribalized Nigerians by Asgard13: 1:47pm On Mar 08, 2023
lelion:
In every tribe we have very good people and few bad eggs. Believe me, Yorubas are very good people. Igbos also are very good. You have very good hausas, Fulanis, Ibibio, Efiks, Nupes...etc. we can not some unfortunate actions or inactions of the few bad ones amongst us to profile a whole tribe. Please let's join hands to make Nigeria a better place.

PEACE .

You see me write on good and bad people??

You’re talking tribalism not good or bad .

Or you don’t understand the word tribalism.

Yoruba people are proud and very proud of their Yorubaness and don’t have qualms as tribalist ..
Abi tribalist Dey kill or do bad thing ..

Is just someone putting his tribe above whatever interest.

Awolowo boldly declare he’s a Yoruba first .. before Nigeria ..

Is never a bad statement .. they’re humans tht promote their tribe against all.. and some have gone haywire with it

Just like Islam and infidels .. as long as you’re a Christian.. what’s the difference to a Muslim ?

2 Likes

Re: 20K Monthly Giveaway For Detribalized Nigerians by lelion: 1:47pm On Mar 08, 2023
Thanks bro. Before the intervention of the government, we should be working in our own little ways to stop the menace to avoid burning our country. Rwandans started like this and till today, they are regretting their actions.

Parachoko:
Nice one OP

Best of luck

The Government should look into this issue

Re: 20K Monthly Giveaway For Detribalized Nigerians by Asgard13: 1:50pm On Mar 08, 2023
oyetpel:
Nice.

I think the politicians are the ones that incite the masses into tribalism sentiments.
It's so rife because it's election time, once election is over, people will forget it.
What pains me most is that, these generation of youths could have been the change, but they have sowed the seed of tribalism in them which will set this country back again.

Na wetin your brain give you?

Tribalism is not politcal.. is a consciousness. And only heightened during arguments or awareness to drive home points or win strong sentiments

No changes after elections.. is still there ..

1 Like

Re: 20K Monthly Giveaway For Detribalized Nigerians by Asgard13: 1:53pm On Mar 08, 2023
Tinubu as a president will see Nigeria with the highest consciousness of tribal sentiments ..

And open display of contempt for tribes and humans

You only need to observe ..

Especially here in FCT..

Already is getting bold .. the official language of fct is about to change from Hausa to yoruba..

2 Likes

Re: 20K Monthly Giveaway For Detribalized Nigerians by lelion: 1:55pm On Mar 08, 2023
Putting your tribe first before competence in nation building is bad. That is why we talk of nepotism.
I reiterate, Yorubas in general are not tribalistic. The actions of few here cannot be used to judge a whole tribe bro. Just like we have few Igbos, misbehaving here and that does not mean all Igbos do same. I am talking out of experience.
Peace

Asgard13:

You see me write on good and bad people??

You’re talking tribalism not good or bad .

Or you don’t understand the word tribalism.

Yoruba people are proud and very proud of their Yorubaness and don’t have qualms as tribalist ..
Abi tribalist Dey kill or do bad thing ..

Is just someone putting his tribe above whatever interest.

Awolowo boldly declare he’s a Yoruba first .. before Nigeria ..

Is never a bad statement .. they’re humans tht promote their tribe against all.. and some have gone haywire with it

Just like Islam and infidels .. as long as you’re a Christian.. what’s the difference to a Muslim ?
Re: 20K Monthly Giveaway For Detribalized Nigerians by Asgard13: 1:58pm On Mar 08, 2023
lelion:
Putting your tribe first before competence in nation building is bad. That is why we talk of nepotism.
I reiterate, Yorubas in general are not tribalistic. The actions of few here cannot be used to judge a whole tribe bro. Just like we have few Igbos, misbehaving here and that does not mean all Igbos do same. I am talking out of experience.
Peace

Was Awolowo a miscreant

Remi Tinubu?

RCCG

I can list a million of them.. do you mean all this people and organizations are miscreants

Even in private sector .. Abi all those directors at Alausa ?

So all of them are bad eggs in the society?

Or you believe tribalism is all bout Nairaland noise ?

Oga wake up with your experience
Re: 20K Monthly Giveaway For Detribalized Nigerians by lelion: 2:04pm On Mar 08, 2023
There was a house then in lagos ( No, 8 fawehinmi street, ojuelegba. I am talking of the years between 2004- 2009. There were Nigerians from almost all the tribes in Nigeria and different religions including ldol worshippers. Throughout that period, we lived peacefully, ate together, mutual assistance..etc.. During Christmas, both Christians and Muslims will celebrate same as During Tabaski. You will hardly tell who is from which tribe or religion. I wonder what have happened now.
So, l agree with you that politicians are playing a major role in this tribalism and division.

oyetpel:
Nice.

1 Like

Re: 20K Monthly Giveaway For Detribalized Nigerians by lelion: 2:12pm On Mar 08, 2023
What would you say about former president Obasanjo, pa Adebanjo, Pastor Oyedepo, Falz, ...etc. all these are prominent Yoruba sons, are they also tribalistic ?
Like l said, the actions of some few like those you mentioned cannot paint the picture of a whole tribe

Asgard13:

Was Awolowo a miscreant

Remi Tinubu?

RCCG

I can list a million of them.. do you mean all this people and organizations are miscreants

Even in private sector .. Abi all those directors at Alausa ?

So all of them are bad eggs in the society?

Or you believe tribalism is all bout Nairaland noise ?

Oga wake up with your experience
Re: 20K Monthly Giveaway For Detribalized Nigerians by Zee0007: 2:13pm On Mar 08, 2023
Just a quick one. In my school, a tertiary institution full of Hausas. We were told to be careful of them az a minority tribe but I didn't listen.

I made friends with them and I took out time to assist when they ask for my help. They are beautiful people. We are first human before tribe.

One day I pray to live among the yorubaz and igboz. I won't allow tribe or religion to stop me from associating myself with these people.
Re: 20K Monthly Giveaway For Detribalized Nigerians by Asgard13: 2:17pm On Mar 08, 2023
lelion:
What would you say about former president Obasanjo, pa Adebanjo, Pastor Oyedepo, Falz, ...etc. all these are prominent Yoruba sons, are they also tribalistic ?
Like l said, the actions of some few like those you mentioned cannot paint the picture of a whole tribe

And what make you think they’re not tribalist?

Wake up with your experience
Re: 20K Monthly Giveaway For Detribalized Nigerians by Asgard13: 2:19pm On Mar 08, 2023
Zee0007:
Just a quick one. In my school, a tertiary institution full of Hausas. We were told to be careful of them az a minority tribe but I didn't listen.

I made friends with them and I took out time to assist when they ask for my help. They are beautiful people. We are first human before tribe.

One day I pray to live among the yorubaz and igboz. I won't allow tribe or religion to stop me from associating myself with these people.

The north ain’t tribal ..

Might be religious fanatics at worst .. not tribal

They accept you for who you’re .. but don’t insult their belief ..

North is home ..
Re: 20K Monthly Giveaway For Detribalized Nigerians by Zee0007: 2:27pm On Mar 08, 2023
Asgard13:

The north ain’t tribal ..

Might be religious fanatics at worst .. not tribal

They accept you for who you’re .. but don’t insult their belief ..

North is home ..

If you can speak their tribe, you will be highly favoured. I hope to go for my youth service in one of the Igbo States when my time comes.
Re: 20K Monthly Giveaway For Detribalized Nigerians by Asgard13: 2:30pm On Mar 08, 2023
Zee0007:

If you can speak their tribe, you will be highly favoured. I hope to go for my youth service in one of the Igbo States when my time comes.

Pure truth..

North is home ..

Observe what’s happening in Lagos ..a man that has four hundred years legal right in Lagos is accuse of not being a Yoruba ..
even when he speaks and type ..

Na op wey don’t know the meaning of tribalism.. talking experience

Speak Yoruba from now till 60 years

You still be stranger
Re: 20K Monthly Giveaway For Detribalized Nigerians by lelion: 2:41pm On Mar 08, 2023
Your points are noted bro. Our aim here is to get detribalized Nigerians not adding to the issue. If we keep arguing we will not move forward.
PEACE

Asgard13:

Pure truth..

North is home ..

Observe what’s happening in Lagos ..a man that has four hundred years legal right in Lagos is accuse of not being a Yoruba ..
even when he speaks and type ..

Na op wey don’t know the meaning of tribalism.. talking experience

Speak Yoruba from now till 60 years

You still be stranger
Re: 20K Monthly Giveaway For Detribalized Nigerians by Asgard13: 3:53pm On Mar 08, 2023
lelion:

Your points are noted bro. Our aim here is to get detribalized Nigerians not adding to the issue. If we keep arguing we will not move forward.
PEACE

I understand …

I’m coo with your thread .. is a nice motivation.
Ets see how it goes .. with time .. I know Nairalanders will invest in what your doing …

God bless you

God bless Nairalanders

God bless Nigeria.
Re: 20K Monthly Giveaway For Detribalized Nigerians by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 08, 2023
Ok.
Re: 20K Monthly Giveaway For Detribalized Nigerians by flokii: 6:39pm On Mar 08, 2023
I haven't actually attacked any Igbo before.. growing up with Fulanis, Igbos, Hausas etc. in the West gave us a different outlook to life compared to what is obtainable in the East.

Did you know that virtually all tribes in the Niger Delta including Ijaws sided with Gowon against Ojukwu's biafra.. reason they gave was tribalism and maltreatment of their people by the Igbos.

If you check well, the Igbos lost everything in Port Harcourt and other places in the South, but Yorubas gave them back everything in full with rent collected on their behalf.. fast forward to present day, their offsprings are doing anyhow, insulting Yorubas and calling us unprintable names.

Awo gave them money 20 pounds (imagine the worth back then).. both the ones that had nothing prior to the war all got something to rebuild.. Only a Yoruba man will do that and that is why most tribes won't remain in Nigeria once Yorubas leave.

Igbos should learn how to behave and be respectful to other tribes especially the ones hosting them across Nigeria.. Is that too hard to do?

1 Like

Re: 20K Monthly Giveaway For Detribalized Nigerians by PathEduConsult: 7:11pm On Mar 08, 2023
Good.
Re: 20K Monthly Giveaway For Detribalized Nigerians by Zee0007: 10:39am On Mar 20, 2023
Elections are over. Let's not allow tribalism to deter our unity. Nigerians are beautiful regardless one tribe.
Re: 20K Monthly Giveaway For Detribalized Nigerians by babyfaceafrica: 10:39am On Mar 20, 2023
This is super story
Re: 20K Monthly Giveaway For Detribalized Nigerians by lelion: 1:57pm On Mar 21, 2023
Well, every tribe or people will try to defend their people, but the fact remains that we have good and bad people accross the divide.
We should all work together to promote peace and harmony in our country because tribalism leads to War! a case study is Rwanda in 1994

flokii:
I haven't actually attacked any Igbo before.. growing up with Fulanis, Igbos, Hausas etc. in the West gave us a different outlook to life compared to what is obtainable in the East.

Did you know that virtually all tribes in the Niger Delta including Ijaws sided with Gowon against Ojukwu's biafra.. reason they gave was tribalism and maltreatment of their people by the Igbos.

If you check well, the Igbos lost everything in Port Harcourt and other places in the South, but Yorubas gave them back everything in full with rent collected on their behalf.. fast forward to present day, their offsprings are doing anyhow, insulting Yorubas and calling us unprintable names.

Awo gave them money 20 pounds (imagine the worth back then).. both the ones that had nothing prior to the war all got something to rebuild.. Only a Yoruba man will do that and that is why most tribes won't remain in Nigeria once Yorubas leave.

Igbos should learn how to behave and be respectful to other tribes especially the ones hosting them across Nigeria.. Is that too hard to do?
Re: 20K Monthly Giveaway For Detribalized Nigerians by lelion: 1:58pm On Mar 21, 2023
Alright bro.

babyfaceafrica:
This is super story
Re: 20K Monthly Giveaway For Detribalized Nigerians by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 22, 2023
lelion:
Alright bro.

Can you pls help me with 5k pls..
Re: 20K Monthly Giveaway For Detribalized Nigerians by ElSudani: 2:32pm On Mar 22, 2023
Asgard13:
Nice one ..

Asgard liar. You make yourself a stranger the moment you start to attack and work against the interests of the Yoruba people.
I was on this website when Seun was posting most of the topics here by himself.
I know the genesis of tribalism on this website and Ibos started it. Now they are crying and acting like victims. You are basically reaping what you sowed.

1 Like

Re: 20K Monthly Giveaway For Detribalized Nigerians by Asgard13: 2:40pm On Mar 22, 2023
ElSudani:

Asgard liar. You make yourself a stranger the moment you start to attack and work against the interests of the Yoruba people.
I was on this website when Seun was posting most of the topics here by himself.
I know the genesis of tribalism on this website and Ibos started it. Now they are crying and acting like victims. You are basically reaping what you sowed.

Seun made his money from this forum via tribalism

2006/007 .. it was all about civil war. About oil .. Niger delta..
Was all about Obasanjo and his igbo blood

Was all about Awolowo.. and his legacies .. this brought heated arguments and competition.. that steadily spiral to competition between regions

Was all about Lagos .. before and after colonists

Maybe you need to be reminded ….active monikers that fought Yar’Adua on this forum .. that were working for AC Atiku Abubakar

Like you’ve forgotten how Yoruba chose side with Atiku in 07 .. and igbo went with PDP..

Or the 2009yarduA health challenges that sum up in 2010

Was all not tribal.. before acn Fashola took over Nairaland?

And tribalism spin out of contex?

Maybe your brain can’t remember all

But guess you know

Truckpusher
Gbawe
Egghead
Ilekedi
To mention few

I worked against Yoruba when they betray me after the modakeke war… in ife

And some other matters that transpired under bisi akande regime in osogbo

Then I learnt what people before me learnt while I defended Yoruba.. oba sijuade remain a father and king ..

(1) (2) (Reply)

*APC, Struggling To Swallow Their Crushing Defeat In Edo House Of Assembly / Stop Distracting Boss Mustapha With Petty Politics - APC Warns / How The Yorubas (tinubu) Can Usher In A New Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.