Stats: 3,143,298 members, 7,780,701 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:57 PM

My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps (45912 Views)

With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? / Cost Of Flight Tickets From Nigeria To USA / USA::Please Help Me Make An informed Decision!! (2) (3) (4)

Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by HRprof: 8:20pm On Mar 11, 2023
steeltrust:
bro I did last year September 27 for a tourist
Did VO ask to see your statements of account at the interview ??
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by JONSYN7154: 8:25pm On Mar 11, 2023
nounpastquestio:
Good day Nairalanders,

Please I sincerely need your help/assistance/advice to help me secure US VISA

My wife younger brother that’s a doing a Masters Programme in one of the Universities in USA will be rounding up his programme by May, 2023 and the school gave him 3 slots opportunity to invite his family members and he gave me a slot of invitation to the USA.
From the mentioned date, I have limited time to get all things available.

NOTE:
1. I have valid Passport
2. Though I have been refused USA VISA far back 2012
3. I have Business name with account with GTB Bank. I have steady flows of cash on it, but not in million
4. I have 2 kids

Please what steps should I take now and how do I get the required documents without me spending much?

You're not going to spend much. Just go and book for your Visa interview.

The hiccup you'll have is getting visa date. On the other, you can book for priority visa or drop box.

I wish you well
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by Prettychild(f): 8:29pm On Mar 11, 2023
Shoodboi:
Slot? Hope no be scam dey wan scam you so?

The letter looks suspicious. No letter head. And US Embassy of where? They didn't include it there. And dafuq is "Visa Section"? Why did the guy invite you? Why didn't he invite his own mother? Or your wife, his siste? This is a fraud but it appears you desperation has gotten the best of you. Sha no go take loan.
It’s simple, he should call his brother in law to find out if it’s true
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by sim2003: 8:33pm On Mar 11, 2023
Iamicekid:
Starting with this your letter is like u just want go the graduation ceremony and come back, if you really want make the give u visa for that ur bank statement must be huge, u must get at all least 10million, cause u must convince them at the embassy that u are okay enough to go USA and come back cause u are only going for the graduation but na only u know se u are not

1. Good bank statement 10m above
2. Round trip flight ticket
3 hotel reservations
4. Business tites to 9ja or property document
5. Your passport and yellow card
6 visa feee
7 your brother in law invitation letter and his phone number and university details

If you have all this 90% chance them go give u the visa

There is no need for all of these things. The worst embassy is the American embassy in Nigeria. They won’t even check any of these documents. Instead just donate the money for all of these to charity. Getting a tourist visa is luck.

Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by Nobody: 8:45pm On Mar 11, 2023
fkj950ax:

Its a fake letter.
The US doesn't use the date format that is the first thing in that letter. Not to talk of a whole US University.

The paragraph, font and structure of that letter shows it was typed here in Nigeria.

Yes, the dat format looks weird. I know they write like this: 11 March 2023 -- without commas and with the month in-between the numbers. Even the English sounds too Nigerian. I wanted to ask him to state the source with which he received the letter but just gave up. If they scam am, na him know. These sorts of people are difficult to advise.
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by SweetDipBenny(m): 9:41pm On Mar 11, 2023
nounpastquestio:
Good day Nairalanders,

My wife younger brother that’s a doing a Masters Programme in one of the Universities in USA will be rounding up his programme by May, 2023 and the school gave him 3 slots opportunity to invite his family members and he gave me a slot of invitation to the USA.

NOTE:
1. I have valid Passport
3. I have Business name with account with GTB Bank. I have steady flows of cash on it, but not in million
4. I have 2 kids

Please what steps should I take now and how do I get the required documents without me spending much?

Do u have money?
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by steeltrust: 9:55pm On Mar 11, 2023
HRprof:

Did VO ask to see your statements of account at the interview ??
questions lead to questions and I was ask to present it which I did
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by HRprof: 10:38pm On Mar 11, 2023
steeltrust:
questions lead to questions and I was ask to present it which I did
In rear cases
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by IamAsiri: 10:45pm On Mar 11, 2023
Shoodboi:
Slot? Hope no be scam dey wan scam you so?

The letter looks suspicious. No letter head. And US Embassy of where? They didn't include it there. And dafuq is "Visa Section"? Why did the guy invite you? Why didn't he invite his own mother? Or your wife, his siste? This is a fraud but it appears you desperation has gotten the best of you. Sha no go take loan.

You want him the show the letter head? I think he cropped it off, which makes sense.

Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by AroOkigbo(m): 11:34pm On Mar 11, 2023
nounpastquestio:
Good day Nairalanders,

NOTE:
1. I have valid Passport
4. I have 2 kids

Deep in your conscience, you know that you want to run away.
I'm not a consular officer but from my experience based on what you stated here, I won't give you a visa.
Don't waste your little resources in the name of visa fees and logistics.
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by AroOkigbo(m): 11:36pm On Mar 11, 2023
JONSYN7154:
You're not going to spend much. Just go and book for your Visa interview.

The hiccup you'll have is getting visa date. On the other, you can book for priority visa or drop box.

I wish you well
Priority wetin or Dropbox? For which embassy? Definitely not any of the US embassies in Nigeria.
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by NaBanga: 11:49pm On Mar 11, 2023
Make sure you put the same information on your previous application from 2012. Of course your reason for traveling will be different but the basic things such as "Are you married?" should be the same. If there is any discrepancy, your visa will surely be denied. The US keeps records of everything and it's computerized. So you can't lie about it.

Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by Wotowotoman: 12:53am On Mar 12, 2023
femi1410:
You don’t need any bank statement to apply for US visa, as the consular don’t care about it, they focus more on what you have to say orally in regards to what you do here in Nigeria, what you are going to do at the US and some other random question which won’t be more than 5. The only hard task as far as US in concerned is getting an appointment date, which is already in 2024, but people still get 2023 appointments tho. Once you can get an appointment then you make sure your application form is filled well. As the consular will ask you question based on your form and your answers to those question must not be diffrent from what’s in your form. Best of luck. Go to GTbank get ur visa fee at 72K and start looking for how you will get an early appointment.

You are talking from your ass. How can you prove to the consular officer that you can afford the trip and that you will come back if you can’t show him proof of funds? There are some very stupid people on this nairaland sha. I can bet all I have that you no get passport. Not to talk of US visa. Lazy Nigerian youth go just siddon dey misinform people up and down angry
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by maridrug(m): 1:34am On Mar 12, 2023
nounpastquestio:

Thanks for your replied. Please how do I get these documents especially the Good bank statement 10m above? Do I need to look for someone that has money to help me run my corportate account or what should I do and also the property document?
Edit it on pdf editor and print
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by IkeIgboNile(m): 1:43am On Mar 12, 2023
Hey....I'm sorry for derailing the thread but i have an American citizen who wants to send me an invitation to visit the states though we haven't met before.
What do i need as requirements and do you think us not meeting will matter to the visa officer?
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by Cocao(f): 1:53am On Mar 12, 2023
MT:

The US embassy does not dwell on documentation. You must be able to convince the Consular officer orally during your interview, and your application form that you submitted must make sense.

For instance you cannot say you want to go on sight seeing, and you will mention Indianapolis. Think it through.

What did Indianapolis do to you undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by BigIyanga: 2:25am On Mar 12, 2023
MT:

The US embassy does not dwell on documentation. You must be able to convince the Consular officer orally during your interview, and your application form that you submitted must make sense.

For instance you cannot say you want to go on sight seeing, and you will mention Indianapolis. Think it through.
Too much no go keel u lol
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by BigIyanga: 2:29am On Mar 12, 2023
Wotowotoman:

You are talking from your ass. How can you prove to the consular officer that you can afford the trip and that you will come back if you can’t show him proof of funds? There are some very stupid people on this nairaland sha. I can bet all I have that you no get passport. Not to talk of US visa. Lazy Nigerian youth go just siddon dey misinform people up and down angry
You’re actually wrong and femi1410 is actually right. US Embassy doesnt care about your paperwork. If they dont ask you about it, then they dont need it

Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by coretechng1(m): 2:45am On Mar 12, 2023
HRprof:
@OP those comments above have not visited US embassy so don’t take them serious.
Meanwhile, US embassy will not ask you bank statements on a tourist visa neither do they ask to see your invitation letter. Apply and try your luck. My 2 cents

Visit this thread to learn more
https://www.nairaland.com/5807124/usa-visit-visa-part-4
Thanks. i wanted to type this. You can see the way they are giving those advice like they have been there before.
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by 12inchess: 3:32am On Mar 12, 2023
Will your wife be going with you? If not, then why? This is the first question the visa officer will ask you. If your wife's younger brother is graduating for school, one would expect that it is your wife that would go for the graduation. One easy reason you can give for this is that for some "reason" which you have to figure out e.g family commitment or bla bla bla, you're going on her behalf. The other question is why are you the one going on her behalf? Why not your wife's mum, dad or other siblings if she has. You will need an answer for that. As long as you have home ties i.e If you wife is in Nigeria during the trip and your kids too, then I see no reason why your U.S Visa will be denied if you meet those requirements. But what disqualifies most Nigerians from Visas is home ties. The Visa officer is not convinced that you will return back to Nigeria especially as Nigeria is one of the countries where many people who go there on non immigrant visa disappear once they get to America.Please I'm not asking you to do anything illegal oooo. I'm just telling you how the Visa interview may go based on my experience.

Source: currently in U.S

Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by MMempire(m): 4:32am On Mar 12, 2023
nounpastquestio:
Good day Nairalanders,

NOTE:
1. I have valid Passport
4. I have 2 kids

That you are married and have two kids will give you a high chance of getting the visa. America visa no too hard to get. Just be truthful in your application. They usually want to be sure that you will return back to your country. Make them believe and see reason why you won't elope once you get there. Good luck to you as you process your visa.
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by Papilagreen: 5:41am On Mar 12, 2023
Bro now that you have two kids you have a better chance of getting your visa and it will show that you have a strong tie to your country this stands a higher chance of you getting your visa

I will advice you to try the study route this time.. USA embassy now have open dates available for visa processing and u go need do plenty research ooo....
Try ur luck this time u never can tell..
Me na once I try am and I get my visa this is my third year in America and I am a permerntent resident holder happily married with a daughter.

Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by JONSYN7154: 6:27am On Mar 12, 2023
AroOkigbo:

Priority wetin or Dropbox? For which embassy? Definitely not any of the US embassies in Nigeria.
US embassy. Except you don't know about it.
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by Derring: 8:02am On Mar 12, 2023
IkeIgboNile:
Hey....I'm sorry for derailing the thread but i have an American citizen who wants to send me an invitation to visit the states though we haven't met before.
What do i need as requirements and do you think us not meeting will matter to the visa officer?
Big man, they will deny you! Best choice for u is her to come here u marry her or engage her, wait till you get ur k1 visa or cr1 or ir1 approved. I can put u on through
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by zelaws: 8:31am On Mar 12, 2023
nounpastquestio:
Good day Nairalanders,

NOTE:
1. I have valid Passport
4. I have 2 kids

US Consular won't request for your account statement. Infact you won't go in with any document. They only want to know if your have people and things you values back home that will make you come back home after the event.
Your interview won't go beyond 10 minutes maximum.
Married with 2 kids are strong connection.
Your job is another
Knowledge of what you are going to the US for is another.
What made him give an invite or impact you have or had in your wife's brothers life is one technical questions you need to work on before your appointment date.
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by Wotowotoman: 8:41am On Mar 12, 2023
BigIyanga:

You’re actually wrong and femi1410 is actually right. US Embassy doesnt care about your paperwork. If they dont ask you about it, then they dont need it

Stop talking from your asshole. 9 out of ten times especially for Nigerians, the consular officer is most interested in your financial situation and what’s the best way to show proof of your sources of funds and financial ties?

Listen to yourself. Who applies for US visa and goes through all the stress to get an interview date then shows up without proof of finances? Do you even have a passport? Another lazy youth spotted talking trash. I feel like giving you a hard konk on that your bald head angry
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by Elate28(m): 9:10am On Mar 12, 2023
Elate28:

I can do the bank statement with stamp for you

elate70@gmail.com

Send me a mail
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by Mkad(m): 10:24am On Mar 12, 2023
There's no harm in trying

If you want to process your international passport urgently, you can reach me on
Zero nine zero three seven zero six seven seven three six.
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by steeltrust: 12:22pm On Mar 12, 2023
HRprof:

In rear cases
true but just go with it just Incase
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by namiji2598: 12:50pm On Mar 12, 2023
uokocha70:
In case you need proof of funds, kindly reach out to me. In for a Globus bank account, I will give you ar 3.5% in Zenith I will give you for 4.5%.
Same for GTB 4.5%.

Call or message me on 08063928283
If you can drop OTP or u gat contact of someone who can drop it, mention me back let's do some mili jab the tonight
Re: My Wife Younger Brother Invited Me To USA; Please I Need Guidance/steps by HRprof: 1:12pm On Mar 12, 2023
steeltrust:
true but just go with it just Incase
Yes but it doesn’t make sense for someone to arrange prof of fund when they hardly ask for it you can do that with other embassy not US.

Man, Wife & Their 4 Children Burnt To Death In A Fatal Accident (Photos) / How Can I Relocate My Family (4 Kids) To Canada? / LASTMA Was Pursuing The Trailer That Killed 15 Schoolchildren In Lagos

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52