Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,008 members, 7,806,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' (13383 Views)

World War III Has Been Declared – Pope Francis / Pope Francis Says NATO Started The War In Ukraine By "Barking At Putin's Door" / El Salvador To Build first-ever Cryptocurrency-fuelled 'bitcoin City' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by God1000(m): 8:54am On Mar 10, 2023
VATICAN CITY, March 10 (Reuters) - The war in Ukraine is driven by the interests of several "empires" and not just of Russia's, Pope Francis said in an interview published on Friday.

Francis said the conflict was fuelled by "imperial interests, not just of the Russian empire, but of empires from elsewhere".

He expressed a readiness to talk to Russian President Vladimir Putin to call for peace.

The pontiff was speaking to Italian Swiss television RSI, in an interview due to be broadcast on Sunday. Extracts were published on Friday by Italian dailies La Repubblica, La Stampa and Corriere della Sera.

Francis, who is 86 and marks the 10th anniversary of his election on March 13, also said he would resign if he got too tired and lost the capacity to govern the Roman Catholic Church.

Last month, he had said that papal resignations should happen in only exceptional circumstances.

His predecessor Benedict XVI, who died on Dec. 31 aged 95, became the first pontiff to resign in about 600 years when he stepped down in 2013.

https://www.reuters.com/world/pope-says-ukraine-war-fuelled-not-just-by-russian-empire-2023-03-10/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook

13 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by God1000(m): 8:54am On Mar 10, 2023
Well, he's right to some extent, but Putin's harmful expansionism must be stopped.

He should focus more on building a prosperous modern Russia instead of trying to resurrect the old Soviet Union

26 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by accordadoga(f): 9:11am On Mar 10, 2023
This is not my problem right now…

ABEG WHO GET CASH??

Emewefiewele suppose get one slap each from every Nigerian after this whole drama.

SITUATION OF NIGERIA RIGHT NOW (CONFUSED):

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 10, 2023
Agbado idiots will never understand anything

12 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by BOLATINUBU01: 9:11am On Mar 10, 2023
I support Russia

Like for Russia, share for USA, UK, NATO, Ukraine

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by Flier: 9:11am On Mar 10, 2023
God1000:
Well, he's right to some extent, but Putin's harmful expansionism must be stopped.

He should focus more on building a prosperous modern Russia instead of trying to resurrect the old Soviet Union
He is wrong,Russia will always invade neighbouring Nations as long as ethinic Russians are there
I can see the same DNA in IGBO and FULANI if they should get independent
The EGO of these tribes is out of this world and it will always lead the astray

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by harffie(m): 9:12am On Mar 10, 2023
God1000:

lmao, have you heard of NATO and their agenda?

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by Oboto700(m): 9:12am On Mar 10, 2023
Ukraine surprised me..shame on putin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by BOLATINUBU01: 9:12am On Mar 10, 2023
God1000:

u need to say this to the Westerners

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by Moh247: 9:12am On Mar 10, 2023
They just turned Ukraine to battle ground to test weapons

70 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by jeromestarks: 9:12am On Mar 10, 2023
The only war fueled is the war in your home.

Once you marry a woman you did not disvirgin, you're already in a problem because she will fvck her ex the moment he shows up to her on Facebook or in the market and you will train another man's child thinking it's yours.

Once a woman starts misbehaving, just know that she has started fvcking her ex. No woman will disrespect the only man in her life.

Fvck any girl you want but when it comes to marriage, find a virgin woman and marry. Better to suffer to find a virgin woman and have a peaceful lasting home than to marry a woman who has been fvcked and mounted by many men and suffer in your marriage. Be wise.

Avoid single mothers at all cost. Those ones are operating under a different level of curse. There is a reason men who fvcked her didn't stay. Why should you stay. Do you want to use your head to carry curse?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by thesicilian: 9:13am On Mar 10, 2023
Flier:
He is wrong,Russia will always invade neighbouring Nations as long as ethinic Russians are there
I can see the same DNA in IGBO if they should get independent
Those who know a little about world politics, especially the Western politics, will understand what the good Pope is talking about

25 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by DevilSignature: 9:13am On Mar 10, 2023
cool
Dear Pope please pray for Nigeria and its citizens. Terrorist are about to hijacked our nation through a half dead walking man called Bola Ahmed Tunibu

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by bonechamberlain(m): 9:13am On Mar 10, 2023
angry Its like the Pope is scared of mentioning the U.S, NATO and UK in any of his release. Why not say Ukraine war was fuelled not only by U.S empire, the name Russia must always appear.

Russia is defending her country, while the U.S is trying all possible means to dominate the entire world it doesn't matter if millions die.

20 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by moscow007: 9:13am On Mar 10, 2023
Even Pope dey fear to call the West and NATO out, what a world we leave in.

Russian is the only barricade between good and evil, light and darkness, without Russia darkness would've long enveloped the world.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by madridguy(m): 9:14am On Mar 10, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by NigerianAngelo(m): 9:14am On Mar 10, 2023
What of Ethiopian (Tigray) war where 500k have died?

No tear for them?

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by justmondris: 9:14am On Mar 10, 2023
We know. Will US allow Russia or China to strike a deal with any of her neighboring countries
like Canada and Mexico and start building bombs there?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by ecolime(m): 9:14am On Mar 10, 2023
Flier:
What's the correlation between Igbo and Fulani? Do Igbos massacre their host communities?

You are not making sense at all. I know Igbos have Ego issues but please lets stop villifying this tribe.

They are as Nigerian as every other tribe. Injustice is what they fight against and you can't blame them.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by tfelicityk(m): 9:15am On Mar 10, 2023
He is being factual...
Those empires plan failed...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by Kingpele(m): 9:16am On Mar 10, 2023
These has to be the case..because I don't see the usefulness of UN in this world,if a mad man can just wake up and attack another country without any consequences from united nations and nato..but what do I know...if an old theft can buy the entire INEC and commission them to abort the quest of majority of citizens who wanted a new Nigeria then I will say anything is possible in this world

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by Wawelexy(m): 9:16am On Mar 10, 2023
Flier:

Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Georgia and more are neighbouring countries to Russia, why has Russia not invaded them?

People of high caliber with sophisticated information about was going on in Ukraine are talking, you open your mouth waaah to say he's wrong? Because you watch CNN, BBC and al Jazeera? Most of this world leaders belongs to one or two cults group, they know what's up... If the pope could alter such statement, believe me, he knows what he's saying...

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by Perfectfucker: 9:16am On Mar 10, 2023
Ukraine president is stupid. I know he’s trying to prove he is independent and can do whatever he wants but the question is, is it worth the death and destruction of Ukraine?

I know some people will be expecting me to blame Putin but I won’t . Imagine you’re a cultist and your neighbor joins a rival cult , will you sit down and watch he plan your destruction first or you attack immediately to save yourself of future harm?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by Flier: 9:16am On Mar 10, 2023
thesicilian:

Those who know a little about world politics, especially the Western politics, will understand what the good Pope is talking about
The west is only taking the advantage to cripple Russia and the same will happen if China should invade Taiwan tho Taiwan case is different,USA may get involve directly.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by QuinModah(f): 9:17am On Mar 10, 2023
grin
Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 10, 2023
Anything said by the catholic pedo Cabal I don’t believe or want to hear until they show the whole world all the knowledge they have stashed away at the Vatican archives. They are just a bunch of devil worshippers in disguise

4 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Says Ukraine War Fuelled Not Just By 'Russian Empire' by QuinModah(f): 9:19am On Mar 10, 2023
God1000:

if you know what Putin's know, you will understand the Pope

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hurricane Irma In Cuba Kills 10 People / William Barr: No Evidence Of Widespread Voter Fraud Yet / Boris Johnson Says Putin Threatened Him With Missile Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.