Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,849 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Why Are Banks Not Reversing Failed Transactions? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Are Banks Not Reversing Failed Transactions? (873 Views)

Are Banks Still Collecting Old Naira? / Why Are Nigerian Banks Not Using The Credit Card System Like Other Countries? / Banks Charge Customers For Failed Transactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Banks Not Reversing Failed Transactions? by ableguy(m): 3:04pm On Mar 10, 2023
What's actually the problem?

Because as far as I am concerned these Banks are not paying people cash like they used to, so what could actually be reason they failed to work on these reversals or transactions declined and customers getting debited?

The other day I was stranded because the transition was declined at a filling station because the POS said declined twice, the most annoying part is that I keep getting debit alerts.
I packed the whole tickets of declined and reversal failures to bank and they collected the form I filled then told us to go and give her 8 working days.

As we speak they have not done anything, I can't remember the last time I stepped into a Bank not even the scarcity of cash was able to make me enter bank.
I detest going to Bank, fill form and be standing for hours waiting to be attended to.

It's frustrating, what if I don't have extra money?
Am I the only person in this situation?
Re: Why Are Banks Not Reversing Failed Transactions? by Evergreen12345(f): 3:05pm On Mar 10, 2023
this is a very serious and critical question I am taking UBA to court very soon!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Banks Not Reversing Failed Transactions? by ableguy(m): 3:09pm On Mar 10, 2023
Evergreen12345:
this is a very serious and critical question I am taking UBA to court very soon!
How long is your own?
Like these Guys are simply out to deal with the customers, many people have resorted to using apps like moniepont, opay, Palmpay and the rest.
And the transactions are so prompt you begin to wonder if they are using network different from Banks, e choke

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Banks Not Reversing Failed Transactions? by Goldmynemaniac: 3:20pm On Mar 10, 2023
Every Nigerian in this situation should band together and institute a class action against the banks.

Make sure to demand serious compensation.Winning is sure.

No be only yahoo and politics person dey take cashout ooo.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Banks Not Reversing Failed Transactions? by Evergreen12345(f): 3:44pm On Mar 10, 2023
ableguy:

How long is your own?
Like these Guys are simply out to deal with the customers, many people have resorted to using apps like moniepont, opay, Palmpay and the rest.
And the transactions are so prompt you begin to wonder if they are using network different from Banks, e choke

is been more than 8 diff transaction now including some of the nepa bills and some other bills I paid online that they didn't process and never returned the money then i've been using carbon pay later they are very fast and reliable .

1 Like

Re: Why Are Banks Not Reversing Failed Transactions? by id4sho(m): 3:45pm On Mar 10, 2023
I bought petrol 14,030. POS didn't print a receipt though it showed ''reversing'' . It's 2wks already, no shishi angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Banks Not Reversing Failed Transactions? by ableguy(m): 5:18pm On Mar 10, 2023
Evergreen12345:

is been more than 8 diff transaction now including some of the nepa bills and some other bills I paid online that they didn't process and never returned the money then i've been using carbon pay later they are very fast and reliable .

Have you gone to the Bank?
Re: Why Are Banks Not Reversing Failed Transactions? by ableguy(m): 5:19pm On Mar 10, 2023
id4sho:
I bought petrol 14,030. POS didn't print a receipt though it showed ''reversing'' . It's 2wks already, no shishi angry

I have gone to the Bank to report the whole thing but they haven't done anything up till now.
As their is no cash won't bank also reverse failed transactions?
Abi the money wey no dey cause am?
tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Banks Not Reversing Failed Transactions? by Evergreen12345(f): 5:43pm On Mar 10, 2023
ableguy:

Have you gone to the Bank?

i'm always busy . i communcate with my banks THROUGH my messenger and emails but UBA requires visitation !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Banks Not Reversing Failed Transactions? by Akalia(m): 7:50pm On Mar 10, 2023
Evergreen12345:

i'm always busy . i communcate with my banks THROUGH my messenger and emails but UBA requires visitation !
If you used UBA mobile app all you need to do is contact their costumer care using the email address on the app and the issue will be resolved in 24hrs.

I experienced transaction failure while using the UBA mobile app sometime last week. I filed a complaint via the email channel and got a reversal I'm 24hrs.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Banks Not Reversing Failed Transactions? by ableguy(m): 8:41pm On Mar 10, 2023
Akalia:
If you used UBA mobile app all you need to do is contact their costumer care using the email address on the app and the issue will be resolved in 24hrs.

I experienced transaction failure while using the UBA mobile app sometime last week. I filed a complaint via the email channel and got a reversal I'm 24hrs.
I tried using the GT app to lodge the complaints, but it's not working.
And all of them hardly pick calls or attend to complaints made online
Re: Why Are Banks Not Reversing Failed Transactions? by blackmantis: 9:15pm On Mar 10, 2023
This is the legacy PMB would leave behind. Under his watch Nigerians are buying Naira with Naira.

People are sleeping at banks ATMs just to get N5k.
People are trekking aimlessly when they have money in the bank.

Under PMB na everybody dey chop suffer.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Banks Not Reversing Failed Transactions? by Ejebleje: 9:15pm On Mar 10, 2023
ableguy:

How long is your own?

Not anymore bro
Re: Why Are Banks Not Reversing Failed Transactions? by bet9ja(m): 9:22pm On Mar 10, 2023
Most time, the problem lies with Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System Plc (NIBSS), which serves as a middle man that is empowered to debit the sender and credit the beneficiary.

When a transfer occurs, the first leg is to debit the sender and generate an RRN number, however, there may be a problem with the beneficiary bank account due to traffic or other technical glitch when trying to credit the beneficiary account. Sometimes, they may also face a concurrency issue as a lot of transactions are happening at the same time. Hence, senders are always advise to visit their bank so the bank can send a reversal advise to NIBSS using the RRN of the transaction.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Banks Not Reversing Failed Transactions? by Akalia(m): 9:59pm On Mar 10, 2023
ableguy:

I tried using the GT app to lodge the complaints, but it's not working.
And all of them hardly pick calls or attend to complaints made online
I don't know about GT but UBA was reliable in reversing the failed transaction.
Re: Why Are Banks Not Reversing Failed Transactions? by ableguy(m): 7:38am On Mar 11, 2023
bet9ja:
Most time, the problem lies with Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System Plc (NIBSS), which serves as a middle man that is empowered to debit the sender and credit the beneficiary.

When a transfer occurs, the first leg is to debit the sender and generate an RRN number, however, there may be a problem with the beneficiary bank account due to traffic or other technical glitch when trying to credit the beneficiary account. Sometimes, they may also face a concurrency issue as a lot of transactions are happening at the same time. Hence, senders are always advise to visit their bank so the bank can send a reversal advise to NIBSS using the RRN of the transaction.
Sir a lot of people have gone to the banks and for weeks nothing have been done. Abi we should be going to the bank everyday?
What happens when that's the last money one have?
Re: Why Are Banks Not Reversing Failed Transactions? by ableguy(m): 11:59pm On Mar 17, 2023
Akalia:
I don't know about GT but UBA was reliable in reversing the failed transaction.
Well it's good your is working for you, GTB is something else.
They say one can get statement of accounts through the app but I have been trying it for years now no way, most of those things are there for being there sake, banks and their services are something else these days.
One can't even place his account officer like before you even have them bring your statements of accounts to you by themselves.

(1) (Reply)

Starting An Online Biz / Mtn And Glo Which Of These Companies Is The Best / Rent For Stores In Vi And Ikoyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.