Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,463 members, 7,781,339 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:41 PM

Gary Linekar: Match Of The Day Boycotted By Pundits, Commentators, - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Gary Linekar: Match Of The Day Boycotted By Pundits, Commentators, (24987 Views)

EPL: Gary Neville Reveals Two Teams Under Pressure To Win Title After Liverpool’ / EPL: Gary Lineker Names One Player That ‘destroyed’ Man City In 2-3 Loss To Crys / EPL: Gary Neville Speaks On Returning To Manchester United After Mourinho’s Sack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gary Linekar: Match Of The Day Boycotted By Pundits, Commentators, by emmy512: 4:24pm On Mar 11, 2023
There should actually be a cap to the number of immigrants entering a country.

We may criticize the UK as Nigerians but as yourself this.

What would you say or do if as a state sharing border with another country gets an influx of undocumented immigrants let's say just 80k immigrants from Cameroon to cross river where we are certain atleast half would want to reside in calabar.

It'll take a toll on whatever resources the state has

I believe things like this are necessary evil otherwise this nations become ...
Re: Gary Linekar: Match Of The Day Boycotted By Pundits, Commentators, by zumbigbo(m): 4:30pm On Mar 11, 2023
shadrach77:
I support Gary. He is being punished for speaking out for migrants and people from ethnic minorities. The UK are hypocrites. They say they support free speech but can't stand people who tell them the truth to their face undecided

Unlike Nigerians - who hide from the truth and believe all the bullshit their politicians throw at them. Point in kind.....the nonsense being used as voting fodder in Lagos.

One thing I love about British ppl is that their morals cannot be bought. Their govts can always be bought. In Nigeria, the Naija ppl as the election showed, can always be bought. Rudderless ppl.

1 Like

Re: Gary Linekar: Match Of The Day Boycotted By Pundits, Commentators, by zumbigbo(m): 4:33pm On Mar 11, 2023
emmy512:
There should actually be a cap to the number of immigrants entering a country.

We may criticize the UK as Nigerians but as yourself this.

What would you say or do if as a state sharing border with another country gets an influx of undocumented immigrants let's say just 80k immigrants from Cameroon to cross river where we are certain atleast half would want to reside in calabar.

It'll take a toll on whatever resources the state has

I believe things like this are necessary evil otherwise this nations become ...

You know how many Nigerians have benefited from UK and EU laws on immigration? How much in remittances gets sent back to keep Nigerian families afloat?

Canada now is just how UK was in the 70s-90s. If Africans voted in competent politicians there would be.NO need to Japa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gary Linekar: Match Of The Day Boycotted By Pundits, Commentators, by Unclefemolala(m): 5:06pm On Mar 11, 2023
Eluala:
Isn't it ironic that such punitive migration laws are gaining ground under the rule of a PM who is largely an immigrant himself.

True but he's from the Conservative party and not the Labour so party desires have to surpass his, and its a parliament where a PM could get easily removed by his MPs.

Even the Home Secretary is Asian..lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gary Linekar: Match Of The Day Boycotted By Pundits, Commentators, by Unclefemolala(m): 5:08pm On Mar 11, 2023
dfrost:

You may need to revisit your first statement. UK 🇬🇧 actually shares borders with other countries.

No they don't, other Ireland which immigrants also have to pass through the seas to visit
Re: Gary Linekar: Match Of The Day Boycotted By Pundits, Commentators, by Joezik(m): 5:08pm On Mar 11, 2023
FalseProphet1:
90% of Nairalanders would have no idea of what this thread is all about.

This I have seen.

Explain
Re: Gary Linekar: Match Of The Day Boycotted By Pundits, Commentators, by dfrost: 5:15pm On Mar 11, 2023
Unclefemolala:

No they don't, other Ireland which immigrants also have to pass through the seas to visit

Like I said earlier, revisit your knowledge on that.

The previous person quoted said none earlier. He had to revisit and confirmed on Ireland.

The whole world shares borders with each other. At least two. Water💧and land borders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gary Linekar: Match Of The Day Boycotted By Pundits, Commentators, by lexy2014: 5:17pm On Mar 11, 2023
FalseProphet1:
90% of Nairalanders would have no idea of what this thread is all about.

This I have seen.

You are in d spirit....seeing in very clear HD. As the matter no concern Tinubu/obi or Yoruba/Igbo, Wetin concern them

1 Like

Re: Gary Linekar: Match Of The Day Boycotted By Pundits, Commentators, by lexy2014: 5:18pm On Mar 11, 2023
dfrost:

You may need to revisit your first statement. UK 🇬🇧 actually shares borders with other countries.

Which countries?
Re: Gary Linekar: Match Of The Day Boycotted By Pundits, Commentators, by dfrost: 5:21pm On Mar 11, 2023
omonnakoda:
who?

The PM.
Re: Gary Linekar: Match Of The Day Boycotted By Pundits, Commentators, by dfrost: 5:22pm On Mar 11, 2023
lexy2014:

Which countries?

With Ireland, land border. With France, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, sea.

1 Like

Re: Gary Linekar: Match Of The Day Boycotted By Pundits, Commentators, by omonnakoda: 5:27pm On Mar 11, 2023
dfrost:

The PM.
Ok
I thought we were discussing Lineker
Yes the PM has his job and in a democracy people should be allowed to speak
Talking about impartiality is hypocrisy when you see the BBC coverage of the Ukraine war.
If Lineker said anything against Putin that would be fine but if he did the opposite he would be sacked
Re: Gary Linekar: Match Of The Day Boycotted By Pundits, Commentators, by lexy2014: 5:32pm On Mar 11, 2023
dfrost:

With Ireland, land border. With France, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, sea.

Your claim is that "UK 🇬🇧 actually shares borders with other countries". Apart from Ireland, how does the UK share border with the other countries you mentioned?
Re: Gary Linekar: Match Of The Day Boycotted By Pundits, Commentators, by emmy512: 5:32pm On Mar 11, 2023
zumbigbo:

You know how many Nigerians have benefited from UK and EU laws on immigration? How much in remittances gets sent back to keep Nigerian families afloat?

Canada now is just how UK was in the 70s-90s. If Africans voted in competent politicians there would be.NO need to Japa.

True.

Now we see the remittance to Nigeria from those based abroad.

Where I believe majority if not all are actually documented so they end up paying there taxes etc to the UK government.

Now for the undocumented this is where the problem arises.

Most Nigerians in Nigeria will now be saying all sort of things I'm seeing up there condemning the UK for trying to curb the number of undocumented migrants.

This is one of the major causes of the issues we have in Nigeria as regards the trending topics of tribalism, are you from Lagos talk In the social media space now

Allowing more undocumented migrants in apart from taking a toll on their resources in time it would be so clear to the average Brit and they'll begin a revolt

Immigrants should not take our jobs, immigrants should not be taken care of with our own tax etc.

There's always a breaking point and it's better to not start what you can't finish.

And....
Re: Gary Linekar: Match Of The Day Boycotted By Pundits, Commentators, by lexy2014: 5:32pm On Mar 11, 2023
omonnakoda:
Ok
I thought we were discussing Lineker
Yes the PM has his job and in a democracy people should be allowed to speak
Talking about impartiality is hypocrisy when you see the BBC coverage of the Ukraine war.
If Lineker said anything against Putin that would be fine but if he did the opposite he would be sacked

He wasn't sacked
Re: Gary Linekar: Match Of The Day Boycotted By Pundits, Commentators, by omonnakoda: 5:34pm On Mar 11, 2023
lexy2014:

He wasn't sacked
Did I say he was?
Re: Gary Linekar: Match Of The Day Boycotted By Pundits, Commentators, by lexy2014: 5:34pm On Mar 11, 2023
zumbigbo:

What makes you think there's anything like "competent leaders"? How many are they in the world?

What makes you think that once you vote in a "competent leader" in Nigeria, then her problems are solved?
Re: Gary Linekar: Match Of The Day Boycotted By Pundits, Commentators, by lexy2014: 5:35pm On Mar 11, 2023
omonnakoda:

Did I say he was?

Re: Gary Linekar: Match Of The Day Boycotted By Pundits, Commentators, by omonnakoda: 5:36pm On Mar 11, 2023
lexy2014:

Find someone who understands English language to interpret for you
Obviously English is a challenge for you
Re: Gary Linekar: Match Of The Day Boycotted By Pundits, Commentators, by lexy2014: 5:38pm On Mar 11, 2023
omonnakoda:

I have found u. since you understand English and it isn't a challenge for you, then interpretation shouldn't be a problem for you. Try again.

Re: Gary Linekar: Match Of The Day Boycotted By Pundits, Commentators, by omonnakoda: 5:41pm On Mar 11, 2023
lexy2014:

I have found u. since you understand English and it isn't a challenge for you, then interpretation shouldn't be a problem for you. Try again.

I don't have time to play silly buggers
I did not say anybody was sacked
Re: Gary Linekar: Match Of The Day Boycotted By Pundits, Commentators, by lexy2014: 5:45pm On Mar 11, 2023
omonnakoda:

I don't have time to play silly buggers
I did not anybody was sacked

Pls I don't understand your second sentence above

Last time out, you said
Re: Gary Linekar: Match Of The Day Boycotted By Pundits, Commentators, by omonnakoda: 7:01pm On Mar 11, 2023
lexy2014:

Pls I don't understand your second sentence above

Last time out, you said

This time I am saying fucck off
You are a bloody fool
Re: Gary Linekar: Match Of The Day Boycotted By Pundits, Commentators, by dfrost: 7:02pm On Mar 11, 2023
lexy2014:

Your claim is that "UK 🇬🇧 actually shares borders with other countries". Apart from Ireland, how does the UK share border with the other countries you mentioned?

Maritime does not count, lexy? Correct me if I'm mistaken.
Re: Gary Linekar: Match Of The Day Boycotted By Pundits, Commentators, by RomanGreen: 7:16pm On Mar 11, 2023
TomjoTM:
Over 81,000 illegal immigrants came in through france to UK on small boats from 2020, that's a huge number for any country.

Those illegal immigrants are costing UK £1.5 billion a year, since they are signatory to immigration and asylum acts, they are obligated to provide accommodation and support for these illegal immigrants pending when they settle their asylum claims.

I have zero sympathy for the UK, they and most world powers impoverished Africa and now it's people are moving to the west then all of a sudden, they are screaming? They are all mad.
Re: Gary Linekar: Match Of The Day Boycotted By Pundits, Commentators, by Unclefemolala(m): 8:33pm On Mar 11, 2023
dfrost:

Like I said earlier, revisit your knowledge on that.

The previous person quoted said none earlier. He had to revisit and confirmed on Ireland.

The whole world shares borders with each other. At least two. Water💧and land borders.

I'm not the other person and I just told you ireland

And they need to pass through water to get to ireland which is easily controlled compared to land border like the US/Mexico
Re: Gary Linekar: Match Of The Day Boycotted By Pundits, Commentators, by Tektronics12: 10:02pm On Mar 11, 2023
They Only took PDP Spot, so Nothing Special..
Yankiss:
Gary Linekar has just shown them the stuff he is made of. It's good to have following. I dedicate this FTC to the Obi revolution in Nigeria. Whether you like it or not there is a quiet revolution. Obi may or may not be president tomorrow but he has changed the political landscape of Nigeria for good. He has indeed written his name in gold. LP came from nowhere to win sits at the federal level.
Re: Gary Linekar: Match Of The Day Boycotted By Pundits, Commentators, by Faposky95: 10:42pm On Mar 11, 2023
Honourable people...Men
We still dey learn
Re: Gary Linekar: Match Of The Day Boycotted By Pundits, Commentators, by 43Ronin: 1:06am On Mar 12, 2023
TomjoTM:
Over 81,000 illegal immigrants came in through france to UK on small boats from 2020, that's a huge number for any country.

Those illegal immigrants are costing UK £1.5 billion a year, since they are signatory to immigration and asylum acts, they are obligated to provide accommodation and support for these illegal immigrants pending when they settle their asylum claims.

The UK should get out. The laws apply to migrants of color but not to white. See how they quickly adopted Ukrainians all over America & Europe, giving them permanent residency status with monthly stipends till they land their first jobs. If you calculate how much they have spent on the war its probably in its billions. The hate black people and the Ukraine war exposed them.
Re: Gary Linekar: Match Of The Day Boycotted By Pundits, Commentators, by budaatum: 2:55am On Mar 12, 2023
Kukutenla:
Oyinbo life

They boycott work because their colleague was suspended
Try that with a 9ja boss make I see
Some njà employees are so important to the operations that the boss never messes with them because they are not so easily replaced.
Re: Gary Linekar: Match Of The Day Boycotted By Pundits, Commentators, by budaatum: 2:59am On Mar 12, 2023
bluefilm:

How can they say the immigrants are illegal meanwhile UK does not share any physical land border with any other country which means that the authorities can clearly see these people as they are coming.

Which means that it is also the same authorities that are allowing them to come into the country.

Well, sha, I don't even watch BBC at all.

Actually, authorities do not see them until they are in a boat and are drowning or landing. You'd think they would be seen in France or Libya though.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/migrants-detected-crossing-the-english-channel-in-small-boats/migrants-detected-crossing-the-english-channel-in-small-boats-last-7-days

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm / Arsenal Vs Manchester City (2 - 2) On 2nd April 2017 / UCL: Juventus Vs Chelsea (3 - 0) On 20th November 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.