Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,989 members, 7,806,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? (9216 Views)

Which Bible Character Would You Pick For A Hangout And Why? / 2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To / If You.Are To Spend One Day With One Bible Character, Who Would It Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? by mdokaba1(m): 8:36pm On Mar 11, 2023
If you were to live in the first century - in Jesus' days, which Bible character would you have being? given the circumstance.

Me: Thomas

Reason: Omo! Jesus did things (miracles) that defied logic, science, and human understanding.

So, it would have been only natural to question them - before believing lol grin grin🤔

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? by Aaronsrod: 8:43pm On Mar 11, 2023
[quote author=mdokaba1 post=121663420]If you were to live in the first century - in Jesus' days, which Bible character would you have being? given the circumstance.

I would be God Almighty the Most High Himself. Through the death of My Son I could have Eternal Praise from those who truly love Me. Also I could witness now and forever the Eternal torture of all who do not warship me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? by Coder2Client(m): 8:59pm On Mar 11, 2023
Peter

He lived by law even under grace.

18 Likes

Re: Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? by Totilopussylick(m): 9:09pm On Mar 11, 2023
David, the slayer of Goliath

10 Likes

Re: Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? by Cypress042(m): 9:14pm On Mar 11, 2023
Puntus pilate

I have washed my hands off Nigerian politics just the way puntus washed his hands off the death of christ.

109 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:23pm On Mar 11, 2023
Nathaniel.

I hate calling someone a man of God or son of God without any visible proof!

13 Likes

Re: Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? by Banilla: 10:43pm On Mar 11, 2023
I don't particularly like any New Testament character... Except for Jesus, he was cool but I obviously wouldn't be him.

So none.

Old testament tho, probably David. He tried to be good but he was human and that's relatable...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? by illicit(m): 10:44pm On Mar 11, 2023
Judas

I would have collected that money and fled

19 Likes

Re: Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? by Banilla: 10:44pm On Mar 11, 2023
Totilopussylick:
David, the slayer of Goliath
The time of Jesus... Not just any Bible character.

illicit:
Judas

I would have collected that money and fled
Betray a man with a kiss then run away?

I understand why he hung himself.

2 Likes

Re: Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Mar 11, 2023
It's hard for me to choose one. I admire many of them. I don't want to be only one. I want to be many of them put together as one. For I know with God all things are possible. For I know, with Godly wisdom, prayer and fasting... There is nothing you can't achieve with God.

2 Likes

Re: Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? by illicit(m): 10:47pm On Mar 11, 2023
Banilla:
The time of Jesus... Not just any Bible character.

Betray a man with a kiss then run away?

I understand why he hung himself.

It was meant to be
Re: Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? by Banilla: 10:50pm On Mar 11, 2023
illicit:

It was meant to be
I know. There was a beautiful poem on it... How Jesus descended to hell to take Judas out of it cause he had played his part and out of love.

It's still a dark story. Greed and guilt and not really having free will because that's his character; the broken villian. If life were a storybook, I wouldn't want that role.

4 Likes

Re: Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? by illicit(m): 10:53pm On Mar 11, 2023
Banilla:
I know. There was a beautiful poem on it... How Jesus descended to hell to take Judas out of it cause he had played his part and out of love.

It's still a dark story. Greed and guilt and not really having free will because that's his character; the broken villian. If life were a storybook, I wouldn't want that role.

I wouldn't have killed myself

I will just live quietly far away

Fulfilled

2 Likes

Re: Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? by brain54(m): 10:57pm On Mar 11, 2023
illicit:

Fulfilled
That’s what Judas thought…

6 Likes

Re: Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? by Banilla: 10:59pm On Mar 11, 2023
illicit:

Fulfilled
grin

The truth is that Judas loved Jesus, how could he not? Even if he didn't, there was affection, respect. And he hurt him, so he killed himself. There's honestly no worse pain. I can't even stand disappointing my mother.

You couldn't betray someone you loved, not for all the gold in the world. You would be tempted, maybe you'll yield if you're really bad but afterwards your guilt would haunt you. Especially if you know the person didn't deserve it, worse if they trusted you.

That's Judas redeeming quality. He had a conscience and I'm sure you do too.

10 Likes

Re: Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? by illicit(m): 11:02pm On Mar 11, 2023
Banilla:
grin

The truth is that Judas loved Jesus, how could he not? Even if he didn't, there was affection, respect. And he hurt him, so he killed himself. There's honestly no worse pain. I can't even stand disappointing my mother.

You couldn't betray someone you loved, not for all the gold in the world. You would be tempted, maybe you'll yield but afterwards your guilt would haunt you. Especially if you know the person didn't deserve it, worse if they trusted you.

That's Judas redeeming quality. He had a conscience and I'm sure you do too.

Jesus didn't die

Did he

If I was Judas, after a few weeks and some bottles of wine on a cozy island, I will feel much better

1 Like

Re: Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? by Banilla: 11:06pm On Mar 11, 2023
illicit:

Jesus didn't die

Did he

If I was Judas, after a few weeks and some bottles of wine on a cozy island, he will feel mush better
Lol. grin

Maybe. He'll drop by for a visit after a while.... Jesus is God, isn't he? All merciful and compassionate. He couldn't stay mad at anyone, he'll definitely forgive Judas and all would be well again. grin

Seems like some Ponzi scheme... If they were Nigerians. Jesus gets in trouble with the authority, Judas snitches on him for a heft sum and after Jesus has resurrected, they spilt the cash. Then it's off to the next location. grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? by illicit(m): 5:05am On Mar 12, 2023
Banilla:
Lol. grin

Maybe. He'll drop by for a visit after a while.... Jesus is God, isn't he? All merciful and compassionate. He couldn't stay mad at anyone, he'll definitely forgive Judas and all would be well again. grin

Seems like some Ponzi scheme... If they were Nigerians. Jesus gets in trouble with the authority, Judas snitches on him for a heft sum and after Jesus has resurrected, they spilt the cash. Then it's off to the next location. grin

Yeah sure
Judas knew Jesus never dies

Just playing a fast one on the Jewish Authorities

2 Likes

Re: Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? by AntiChristian: 5:14am On Mar 12, 2023
John the Baptist!

He was killed!

So humble! Never called himself God or son of God nor claimed divinity!
Re: Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? by advocatejare(m): 8:16am On Mar 12, 2023
AntiChristian:
John the Baptist!

He was killed!

So humble! Never called himself God or son of God nor claimed divinity!
Are you aware that the same muhammad you refer to as the best of mankind and the seal of prophethood was poisoned to death and his death had no spiritual significance?

8 Likes

Re: Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? by mytime24(f): 9:14am On Mar 12, 2023
Paul

1 Like

Re: Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? by marlow1962(m): 9:14am On Mar 12, 2023
It’s hard to choose
Re: Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? by pocohantas(f): 9:15am On Mar 12, 2023
Jezebel grin

6 Likes

Re: Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? by Chetas81(m): 9:15am On Mar 12, 2023
Son of man is not the first creator
Re: Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? by ceejeck(m): 9:15am On Mar 12, 2023
mdokaba1:
If you were to live in the first century - in Jesus' days, which Bible character would you have being? given the circumstance.

Reason: Omo! Jesus did things (miracles) that defied logic, science, and human understanding.

So, it would have been only natural to question them - before believing lol grin grin🤔

You sure say you for de educated to know it defies those things you mentioned??
Re: Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? by Mindlog: 9:15am On Mar 12, 2023
Zacchaeus......the money must balance. cheesy cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? by Henricarter(m): 9:16am On Mar 12, 2023
mdokaba1:

king solomon but i go avoid women

1 Like

Re: Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? by Emmyreal4(m): 9:16am On Mar 12, 2023
Judas
Re: Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? by philipojukwu1: 9:17am On Mar 12, 2023
mdokaba1:

I would be Judas for the rubbers.
Re: Which Bible Character Would You Have Being In Jesus' Days ? by Generalwoodz(m): 9:17am On Mar 12, 2023
Nebuchadnezzar I would say but then nigga lived in times, places and did his own shit before Messiah. I would like Lazarus! Boy!

The imagination of walking on Earth's green again; breathing oxygen once more, speaking words is utter ethereal, all round supernatural and extraordinary.

When my debtors wrongly taught I was gone for good Jesus, in his lovingly kindness did what made the whole nation gape their mouths and Marvel.

The very thought of being there and back again and then going back once more to sit right at God's hands while the heavenly elders beckoned was graceful.

I remember when one rich guy whom was in the Hades and hell bound, given he was filthy rich during his sojourn on Earth's begged water for he was thirsty... Even a finger dipped in water was enough for his dried and parchy throat but I strongly refused.

The look from Father Abraham made me say no! Sorry bro. I'll pour you a cup. Maybe Next time. But try and lend me money if I come around again o

I love Lazarus. He was a beggar who hustled and searched for a morsel and ate crumbs at the Rich man's gate... I'm not sure if I am impressed here. But what's more intriguing and gives the chills: for four days OG was entombed while his folks and whole of Bethany mourned his passing.

The moral: when you think God is doing nothing given your present situation do not despair for he's around cooking for you. Cooking meals that you couldn't finish.

Happy 🌞

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Crossover 2016 Prayer Point And Scriptures / Igbo Culture And The Prospects Of Islam In Eastern Nigeria / The Word Of God Is Powerful!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.