Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Former VP, Pence: History Will Hold Donald Trump Accountable For Jan 6 - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Former VP, Pence: History Will Hold Donald Trump Accountable For Jan 6 (19429 Views)

Jan. 6 Rioter Who Put His Feet On Desk In Pelosi's Office Sentenced To 4.5 Yrs / President Trump, VP Pence React To US Capitol Invasion / Fly Lands On Mike Pence's Head During US VP Debate (Pix, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former VP, Pence: History Will Hold Donald Trump Accountable For Jan 6 by HonNL: 5:32am On Mar 12, 2023
The former Indiana Governor, Pence, (who was Vice President under Trump) is expected to challenge his former boss in the Republican Primaries.

Former Vice President Mike Pence on Saturday harshly criticized former President Donald Trump for his role in the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol, widening the rift between the two men as they prepare to battle over the Republican nomination in next year’s election.

“President Trump was wrong,” Pence said during remarks at the annual white-tie Gridiron Dinner attended by politicians and journalists. “I had no right to overturn the election. And his reckless words endangered my family and everyone at the Capitol that day, and I know history will hold Donald Trump accountable.”

Pence’s remarks were the sharpest condemnation yet from the once-loyal lieutenant who has often shied away from confronting his former boss. Trump has already declared his candidacy. Pence has not, but he’s been laying the groundwork to run.

In the days leading up to Jan. 6, 2021, Trump pressured Pence to overturn President Joe Biden’s election victory as he presided over the ceremonial certification of the results. Pence refused, and when rioters stormed the Capitol, some chanted that they wanted to “hang Mike Pence.”

The House committee that investigated the attack said in its final report that “the President of the United States had riled up a mob that hunted his own Vice President.”

With his remarks, Pence solidified his place in a broader debate within the Republican Party over how to view the attack. House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, for example, recently provided Tucker Carlson with an archive of security camera footage from Jan. 6, which the Fox News host has used to downplay the day’s events and promote conspiracy theories.

“Make no mistake about it, what happened that day was a disgrace,” Pence said in his Gridiron Dinner remarks. “And it mocks decency to portray it any other way.”

Trump, meanwhile, has continued to spread lies about his election loss. He’s even spoken in support of the rioters and said he would consider pardoning them if he was reelected.

Speeches at the Gridiron Dinner are usually humorous affairs, where politicians poke fun at each other, and Pence did plenty of that as well.

He joked that Trump’s ego was so fragile, he wanted his vice president to sing “Wind Beneath My Wings” — one of the lines is “did you ever know that you’re my hero?” — during their weekly lunches.

He took another shot at Trump over classified documents.

“I read that some of those classified documents they found at Mar-a-Lago were actually stuck in the president’s Bible,” Pence said. “Which proves he had absolutely no idea they were there.”

Even before the dinner was over, Pence was facing criticism for his jokes about Transportation Secretary Buttigieg, the first openly gay Cabinet member in U.S. history.

Pence mentioned that, despite travel problems that were plaguing Americans, Buttigieg took “maternity leave” after he and his husband adopted newborn twins.

“Pete is the only person in human history to have a child and everyone else gets post-partum depression,” Pence said.

SOURCE

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former VP, Pence: History Will Hold Donald Trump Accountable For Jan 6 by God1000(m): 5:41am On Mar 12, 2023
So Mike pence can talk now because he's running to be president, this is someone that kept quiet throughout the administration of Donald trump, he aided and abetted trump's wrongdoings.

The only thing he did right was the certification of Biden's victory at the Congress despite the pressure from trump telling him not to go.

I don't know why Donald trump is not in prison already despite all his infractions and misdemeanors while in office , the clown is out again to make a fool of USA

I know his supporters on this forum will start attacking Mike pence since they claim to know Mr trump more than the people that worked with him.

There's a reason why I dislike both Donald trump and Tinubu, they don't embody the values I cherish

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Former VP, Pence: History Will Hold Donald Trump Accountable For Jan 6 by JASONjnr(m): 7:09am On Mar 12, 2023
Pence is a dullard....

America needs Trump at this moment..... He's very outspoken and understand the international politics more.

With Trump, the Russia war will come to end....

#Trump4President

119 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Former VP, Pence: History Will Hold Donald Trump Accountable For Jan 6 by Dannyset(m): 1:18pm On Mar 12, 2023
Any presidential candidate who acts like a mobster in Nigeria, leading a headless mob with lies about winning the election shall be thoroughly dealt with.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former VP, Pence: History Will Hold Donald Trump Accountable For Jan 6 by MetroLane: 1:18pm On Mar 12, 2023
People that History will hold are much

*** Buhari

*** Tinubu

*** Zelensky wey wan fight the senior brother

*** Mahmoud

*** Hitler ( History don already hold this one )

*** Idi Amin

and last but not least, our Celebrity Tailor **** Abba Kyari.

Modified : This last group of people thought I won't remember them grin **** Urchins na una I dey talk about

Onewazobia:

What about the organ harvesters fam.?

Yes, including them too, no one will be spared, thunder Will fire all of them. 😒

Chizzy759831:

Zelenaky is the bravest guy on planet earth. Mind me asking if you have lived or visited Ukriane before now?

Zelensky is a tool, Infact Zelensky is what you'll consider a pawn in the game of chess....And guess who's playing the Chess? yea your guess is as good as mine.

pussyeater:
Why didn't you include the Obituary's on your list?

I've already made my list, you are free to make your own list and include him in yours don't you think? It's a free World ✌️

Originalsly:

What did he do??

To summarize his crime against humanity, he was known as The Butcher of Uganda , up to 300,000 people were murdered during his eight year regime. You can look up the rest to have more info.

37 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Former VP, Pence: History Will Hold Donald Trump Accountable For Jan 6 by iLoveYouToo(m): 1:18pm On Mar 12, 2023
I no dey chook mouth for wetin no concern me.

3 Likes

Re: Former VP, Pence: History Will Hold Donald Trump Accountable For Jan 6 by KOLLYPROF(m): 1:18pm On Mar 12, 2023
History will always remember so many leaders but in different ways.same way we are pleased with Goodluck Jonathan may be the same way Nigerians will blame Peter Obi and Atiku in the long run, if care is not taken.A very clean and clear election like this they call it sham because of their self centered attitude.God is watching you guys.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Former VP, Pence: History Will Hold Donald Trump Accountable For Jan 6 by mytime24(f): 1:18pm On Mar 12, 2023
d same way history will hold mad-hood d inec chairman accountable for d worst election

9 Likes

Re: Former VP, Pence: History Will Hold Donald Trump Accountable For Jan 6 by Franzinni: 1:19pm On Mar 12, 2023
Trump till 2050 .... The best president ever !!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former VP, Pence: History Will Hold Donald Trump Accountable For Jan 6 by Jorussia(m): 1:19pm On Mar 12, 2023
.Pence and Trump were not best of buddies at the oval.Trump is going to pick the Republican nomination except he is jailed before the primaries.

5 Likes

Re: Former VP, Pence: History Will Hold Donald Trump Accountable For Jan 6 by Basic123: 1:20pm On Mar 12, 2023
You will see HOW IPOB terrorists turned Obi supporters will start defending TRUMP now

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Former VP, Pence: History Will Hold Donald Trump Accountable For Jan 6 by Osunfunbi: 1:20pm On Mar 12, 2023
That's cool
Re: Former VP, Pence: History Will Hold Donald Trump Accountable For Jan 6 by abobote: 1:20pm On Mar 12, 2023
He is not a match for Trump, he can't command the kind of fellowship Trump commands

10 Likes

Re: Former VP, Pence: History Will Hold Donald Trump Accountable For Jan 6 by Bubu4Sea: 1:20pm On Mar 12, 2023
Stfu

This video shows unseen & hidden coverage, which shows the lies made up about Jan 6th incident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs-il4uS5mM

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former VP, Pence: History Will Hold Donald Trump Accountable For Jan 6 by socialmediaman: 1:20pm On Mar 12, 2023
Trump ass lickers over to you

Bunch of conspiracy theorists and election deniers. Well I don’t mean the useless election Yakubu conducted

3 Likes

Re: Former VP, Pence: History Will Hold Donald Trump Accountable For Jan 6 by Zincfingers: 1:20pm On Mar 12, 2023
Same thing Pandora zombiedients are planning

6 Likes

Re: Former VP, Pence: History Will Hold Donald Trump Accountable For Jan 6 by IpobAntidote: 1:21pm On Mar 12, 2023
Pandora pathological liar Obi tuary is a big time lair just like TRAMP. He lost election but claims he won in his own mind.
Lairs always living in false alternative realities.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former VP, Pence: History Will Hold Donald Trump Accountable For Jan 6 by fasho01(m): 1:21pm On Mar 12, 2023
Do your campaign Pence and don't try to paint Trump bad in the run for the party's ticket

7 Likes

Re: Former VP, Pence: History Will Hold Donald Trump Accountable For Jan 6 by vickthourh(m): 1:22pm On Mar 12, 2023
All is well...
Re: Former VP, Pence: History Will Hold Donald Trump Accountable For Jan 6 by Oboto700(m): 1:24pm On Mar 12, 2023
MetroLane:
People that History will hold are much

*** Buhari

*** Tinubu

*** Zelensky wey wan fight the senior brother

*** Mahmoud

*** Hitler ( History don already hold this one )

*** Idi Amin

and last but not least, our Celebrity Tailor **** Abba Kyari.

Modified : This last group of people thought I won't remember them grin **** Urchins na una I dey talk about
grin wetin concern zelenski😅😅😅
Re: Former VP, Pence: History Will Hold Donald Trump Accountable For Jan 6 by Omoawoke: 1:24pm On Mar 12, 2023
Like Trump Like Obi..
Trump still dey claim say he win for last election.
Na so obi go dey find mandate till 2027

10 Likes

Re: Former VP, Pence: History Will Hold Donald Trump Accountable For Jan 6 by Akwamkpuruamu: 1:24pm On Mar 12, 2023
I trust Obi, a peaceful man
Re: Former VP, Pence: History Will Hold Donald Trump Accountable For Jan 6 by seanwilliam(m): 1:24pm On Mar 12, 2023
Donald trump , best president ever

4 Likes

Re: Former VP, Pence: History Will Hold Donald Trump Accountable For Jan 6 by FactBoyz: 1:24pm On Mar 12, 2023
sad
Re: Former VP, Pence: History Will Hold Donald Trump Accountable For Jan 6 by Akwamkpuruamu: 1:25pm On Mar 12, 2023
Omoawoke:
Like Trump Like Obi

Obi no be your regular violent politician
Re: Former VP, Pence: History Will Hold Donald Trump Accountable For Jan 6 by CXLVII: 1:25pm On Mar 12, 2023
Pence has started confessing 😂🤣😀

1 Like

Re: Former VP, Pence: History Will Hold Donald Trump Accountable For Jan 6 by afbstrategies: 1:25pm On Mar 12, 2023
Ok. Funny how Mike Pence forgot that he was Donald Trump’s Vice President 😂😂😂
Re: Former VP, Pence: History Will Hold Donald Trump Accountable For Jan 6 by WillyCassey: 1:26pm On Mar 12, 2023
Where are those people asslicking Trump? We've always said he is a despicable human being they refused to listen.

Pence was silent because he didn't want to offend him, not like he is a good person himself because to stomach all Trump did just for personal gains and speak up when you have something at stake is hypocrisy.

If you dislike Tinubu and support Trump, you are a hypocrite without morals as well because Trump is not very different from Tinubu. Do not wish evil in the name of Trump on usa a second time.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Thomas Thabane Resigns As Lesotho Prime Minister / 32 Persons Killed In South Africa’s Riots Over Zuma’s Imprisonment / Car Crashes Into Biden’s Motorcade At Campaign Headquarters (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.