Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,879 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:03 AM

Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? (8886 Views)

My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? / My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... / My Aunty Gave Me Her Breast Milk To Drink: Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:34pm On Sep 16, 2011
well as much as i appreciate your view and desire  @ poster if i were to be your husband, i would be wary about why you are so insistent on avoiding my brother.

all this talk of gbogbo aso ko la saa lorun only goes to show you have something to hide, something which you do not want me your husband to find out.

we all know that if it were to be a case of "because he will examine my body", the its not tenable. the stranger whom you wanna go meet is not going to touch your body?
or his touch is different from my brother?

the bro is a medical doctor, your own itty bitty parts cannot be the first he has seen neither will they be the last. neither will your arcane medical condition be the worst. you fail to give doctors credit, they know a lot more than they show about lots of pple. even the female docs don't even run their mouth so much. spare the bull

unless of course, he has been making advances at you, which would be anor reason you are trying to avoid him without hubby's knowledge.

personally i think you simply do not want your skeletons to be exposed, either way.

its your problem though. but word of advice, next time you want to avoid that type of scenario, you build it up. u create a backdrop for it before the need to go there arises e.g.

how you dont wanna go there because u don't want to be a parasite, free treatment bla bla bla
how doctor so and so is sooo good, and handles your medical issues superbly, he know you treatment  blablabla
how the other hospital is much more convenient, and profitable for u to use etc.

so that when u express the desire to go to anor place, there is a background for it

if there was a serious emergency and your hubby's bro is the only doctor around to treat you, even if it warrants inserting all 10 fingers into the inbox, would you decline?

shame sha, that you are playing dangerous games
Re: Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? by SisiKill1: 3:34pm On Sep 16, 2011
Koolking:

There is definitely a skeleton hidden somewhere in the cupboard. You are afraid your husband might know the remnants of the extra-marital affairs. I can't understand why you are uncomfortable getting treated by a brother-inlaw. Your husband mean well my dear.
Gosh are people really this idiotic?

2 Likes

Re: Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? by SisiKill1: 3:39pm On Sep 16, 2011
WTF is wrong with people? The woman doesn't want to bare all to her husband's brother, so that automatically means she's got something to hide??!!

Kai! The way some people jump to conclusions is astonishing.

2 Likes

Re: Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? by pinkrex(m): 3:45pm On Sep 16, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

WTF is wrong with people? The woman doesn't want to bare all to her husband's brother, so that automatically means she's got something to hide??!!

Kai! The way some people jump to conclusions is astonishing.

Sweet-heart, she never gave reasons for not being comfortable with the idea.

We are all assuming, including you tongue tongue tongue tongue

Why the panadol sef tongue undecided
Re: Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? by SisiKill1: 3:47pm On Sep 16, 2011
pinkrex:

Sweet-heart, she never gave reasons for not being comfortable with the idea.

We are all assuming, including you tongue tongue tongue tongue

Why the panadol sef tongue undecided
Honey, It doesn't take a genius to figure it out now, haba! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? by SwiftSMS(f): 3:48pm On Sep 16, 2011
tunnytox:

There's nothing wrong with the OP's question and I believe some posters are taking her out of context. There is a possibility that some ladies will find it awkward undressing in front of their BIL, other husband's family members or even friends, this does not mean they have something to hide but just because they are uncomfortable with it!

Thank you ooo. I don't see what's difficult to understand in her thread or why some people are deliberately being offensive in the name of it's a public forum.

@ Iranoladun

I feel you and I wouldn't want a close relative like a BIL having access to my medical information, history or records. Some in laws just like to get all up in your buisness, and once they know your business it becomes public knowledge where the entire family is aware of what does not concern them.

Let your husband know in very clear terms that you are uncomfortable and you don't want to deal with your BIL in the future. If you weren't going there before you got married I don't see why you must go there now, after all your company has put you on some medical scheme with a hospital so take advantage of it as an employee

1 Like

Re: Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? by pinkrex(m): 3:54pm On Sep 16, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

Honey, It doesn't take a genius to figure it out now, haba! cheesy

Honim it takes alot of brain-work to still sound stupid you know, its called opinions,

we are in the same picture but we pose differently.
smiley smiley smiley

Its a here and there scenario for even a genius, who knows it all
Re: Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? by ronkebp(f): 4:01pm On Sep 16, 2011
Unless you have something to hide, i really do not see anything wrong in your BIL examining you, what if you were pregnant and he had to touch and feel the 'inside'. Moreover, is he the only doctor in that hospital, there might be other doctors that can assist you, you know!!!
Re: Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? by SisiKill1: 4:03pm On Sep 16, 2011
Swift SMS:

Thank you ooo. I don't see what's difficult to understand in her thread or why some people are deliberately being offensive in the name of it's a public forum.

@ Iranoladun

I feel you and I wouldn't want a close relative like a BIL having access to my medical information, history or records. Some in laws just like to get all up in your buisness, and once they know your business it becomes public knowledge where the entire family is aware of what does not concern them.

Let your husband know in very clear terms that you are uncomfortable and you don't want to deal with your BIL in the future. If you weren't going there before you got married I don't see why you must go there now, after all your company has put you on some medical scheme with a hospital so take advantage of it as an employee
Thank you oooh!!!  cheesy cheesy

pinkrex:

Honim it takes alot of brain-work to still sound silly you know, its called opinions,

we are in the same picture but we pose differently.
smiley smiley smiley

Its a here and there scenario for even a genius, who knows it all
Aww Dollface, you know what they say about opinions right?  wink

Anysooverthishoo, like I said earlier anyone with two braincells to rub together can figure out why a woman will be hesitant about going to her brother in law for medical examination. cheesy
Re: Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? by coogar: 4:04pm On Sep 16, 2011
ronkebp:

Unless you have something to hide, i really do not see anything wrong in your BIL examining you, what if you were pregnant and he had to touch and feel the 'inside'. Moreover, is he the only doctor in that hospital, there might be other doctors that can assist you, you know!!!

why are you people talking like this?

not everyone feels comfortable to UnCloth in the presence of known faces. . . .
would you UnCloth in the presence of your husband's brother?

what comes first is - he's a brother-in-law!
his profession is secondary!!!

1 Like

Re: Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? by SisiKill1: 4:06pm On Sep 16, 2011
ronkebp:

Some mothers do have them! SMH

2 Likes

Re: Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? by Carlosein(m): 4:09pm On Sep 16, 2011
in my experience, seeing a medical doctor is like bearing your soul to a priest/pastor.
you have to be as comfortable as you can be under the circumstances. so i totally agree that OP not seeing her BIL if she doesn't feel comfy about it.

mind you she doesn't even need to have a reason or skeletons in her c/board. it's just her preference as long as the problem is not life threatening and her BIL happens to be the only doctor who can help.

2 Likes

Re: Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? by pinkrex(m): 4:10pm On Sep 16, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

Thank you oooh!!!  cheesy cheesy

Aww Dollface, you know what they say about opinions right?  wink

Anysooverthishoo, like I said earlier anyone with two braincells to rub together can figure out why a woman will be hesitant about going to her brother in law for medical examination. cheesy

Well if the reasons were stated it will much easier for your proposed slow-poke individuals like us smiley smiley

But we are created of no equals you know.

Even if she had a severe head-ache, she can't also be treated by the Bi? And she can also ask for another doctor in dsame hospital instead of outrightly refusing her husband to leave room for some suspicion.This is a very sensitive issue which can be the other-way round because she never stated her reasons.

Moi bebe, stop the gender defense ish undecided
Re: Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? by coogar: 4:14pm On Sep 16, 2011
Carlosein:

in my experience, seeing a medical doctor is like bearing your soul to a priest/pastor.
you have to be as comfortable as you can be under the circumstances. so i totally agree that OP not seeing her BIL if she doesn't feel comfy about it.

mind you she doesn't even need to have a reason or skeletons in her c/board. it's just her preference as long as the problem is not life threatening and her BIL happens to be the only doctor who can help.

even if the problem is life threatening, she shouldn't see her bro-in-law.
matter of fact, the more the severity of her illness, the further away she should be from her brother-in-law.

unless the ailment is acne, boil or malaria - no woman should be seeing her brother in law for anything that would involve stripping.
our people are gossip mongers and i wouldn't trust any nigerian doctor to respect the ethics of his profession. if he doesn't, who would sue him?

2 Likes

Re: Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? by ronkebp(f): 4:17pm On Sep 16, 2011
coogar:

why are you people talking like this?

not everyone feels comfortable to UnCloth in the presence of known faces. . . .
would you UnCloth in the presence of your husband's brother?

what comes first is - he's a brother-in-law!
his profession is secondary!!!
That is why we are different as humanbeings, what i can accommodate, another wouldn't. For me personally, if i do not personally have anything to hide from my hubby or anyone, then i DO NOT SEE ANYTHIONG WRONG IN IT. What if it was in the case of an emergency, that the husband had to rush her to the hospital and he chose that of the brothers' would she be able to dictate a hospital at that point in time?  undecided undecided
Re: Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? by r231(m): 4:20pm On Sep 16, 2011
ronkebp:

That is why we are different as humanbeings, what i can accommodate, another wouldn't. For me personally, if i do not personally have anything to hide from my hubby or anyone, then i DO NOT SEE ANYTHIONG WRONG IN IT. What if it was in the case of an emergency, that the husband had to rush her to the hospital and he chose that of the brothers' would she be able to dictate a hospital at that point in time?  undecided undecided

I don't think its about hiding stuff. . . .

its what are pple are comfortable with
Re: Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? by SisiKill1: 4:22pm On Sep 16, 2011
pinkrex:

Well if the reasons were stated it will much easier for your proposed slow-poke individuals like us smiley smiley

But we are created of no equals you know.

Even if she had a severe head-ache, she can't also be treated by the Bi? And she can also ask for another doctor in dsame hospital instead of outrightly refusing her husband to leave room for some suspicion.This is a very sensitive issue which can be the other-way round because she never stated her reasons.

Moi bebe, stop the gender defense ish undecided

Duuuuuuude! Doncha mean common sense defense??!! cheesy cheesy

And even if it's a toe nail she needs filed, she still has a right to refuse getting treatment from her brother in law.  EVERYONE OF US have that right, it is after all our body!!

Even doctor's children are allowed privacy when it comes to medical treatment.
Re: Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? by coogar: 4:23pm On Sep 16, 2011
ronkebp:

That is why we are different as humanbeings, what i can accommodate, another wouldn't. For me personally, if i do not personally have anything to hide from my hubby or anyone, then i DO NOT SEE ANYTHIONG WRONG IN IT.

very convenient. . . .
but i am sure you would see something wrong with it if your husband was seeing your sister(doctor) to examine his scrotum. tongue
i can bet you would want to be there in case things get a bit cosy for the 2 of them. tongue

What if it was in the case of an emergency, that the husband had to rush her to the hospital and he chose that of the brothers' would she be able to dictate a hospital at that point in time?  undecided undecided

the brother in law is not the only doctor in town. . . . . .and i cannot remember reading his hospital is the closest to where she lives.
the only benefit she can enjoy is the medical fees and she works for a company doing that for her free of charge already.
Re: Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? by ronkebp(f): 4:25pm On Sep 16, 2011
r231:

I don't think its about hiding stuff. . . .

its what are pple are comfortable with

If you talk about being 'comfortable' i understand, if it is ''kinse gbogbo aso la n saa lorun''!!! undecided undecided then am confused some where!
Re: Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? by SisiKill1: 4:25pm On Sep 16, 2011
ronkebp:

Tee hee hee!!
Re: Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? by r231(m): 4:27pm On Sep 16, 2011
ronkebp:

If you talk about being 'comfortable' i understand, if it is ''kinse gbogbo aso la n saa lorun''!!! undecided undecided then am confused some where!

oh yea

you are right she did say dat

so definitely there is something she going on

that she don;t want the BIL to knw about
Re: Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? by coogar: 4:29pm On Sep 16, 2011
ronkebp:

for instance. . . . . .
if you have an usual clit[i]o[/i]ris that embarrasses even you, would you want your brother in law to see it?
Re: Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? by ronkebp(f): 4:29pm On Sep 16, 2011
[b]
coogar:

very convenient. . . .
but i am sure you would see something wrong with it if your husband was seeing your sister(doctor) to examine his scrotum. tongue
i can bet you would want to be there in case things get a bit cosy for the 2 of them. tongue[/b]the brother in law is not the only doctor in town. . . . . .and i cannot remember reading his hospital is the closest to where she lives.
the only benefit she can enjoy is the medical fees and she works for a company doing that for her free of charge already.

Mind you, it is obvious that the husband does not have any bias mind about the brother examining his wife, if he did, am sure he will never bring that up as an option.
Re: Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? by ronkebp(f): 4:30pm On Sep 16, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

Tee hee hee!!

SISI-kill, how is my post affecting you? undecided
Re: Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? by coogar: 4:31pm On Sep 16, 2011
ronkebp:

Mind you, it is obvious that the husband does not have any bias mind about the brother examining his wife, if he did, am sure he will never bring that up as an option.

that's a man for you. . . .
men are generally insensitive. i am a man so i know.
trust me, he has not thought it through like a woman would. . . . . .

1 Like

Re: Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? by ronkebp(f): 4:31pm On Sep 16, 2011
coogar:

for instance. . . . . .
if you have an usual clit[i]o[/i]ris that embarrasses even you, would you want your brother in law to see it?
grin grin grin, that!!!!!!!!!!!!! got me laughing!!!!, that was why i said '' something to hide'', that is a big reason to hide!! shocked shocked
Re: Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? by r231(m): 4:31pm On Sep 16, 2011
coogar:

for instance. . . . . .

in that case the husband will know about that

and i am sure he wont want to take his wife to his brother for that
Re: Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? by SisiKill1: 4:32pm On Sep 16, 2011
ronkebp:

SISI-kill, how is my post affecting you? undecided

Re: Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? by ronkebp(f): 4:33pm On Sep 16, 2011
r231:

oh yea

you are right she did say dat

so definitely there is something she going on

that she don;t want the BIL to knw about

That is what am talking about!!!!!! undecided undecided
Re: Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? by coogar: 4:36pm On Sep 16, 2011
r231:

in that case the husband will know about that
and i am sure he wont want to take his wife to his brother for that

and you think men have all the time to have assessed that through?
nigerian men? the same nigerian man that would invite relatives over to come and stay for months without informing the wife?
abegggggggggggggi

ronkebp:

grin grin grin, that!!!!!!!!!!!!! got me laughing!!!!, that was why i said '' something to hide'', that is a big reason to hide!! shocked shocked

well. . . . ."something to hide" is a pregnant phrase!!!
it could mean the above example and it could mean some unspeakable stuffs.

let's just respect the poster's wishes. she has the right to be comfortable and satisfied to whoever is examining her.
Re: Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? by r231(m): 4:40pm On Sep 16, 2011
^^^^Nigerian men like me and you will knw

if something like that is wrong with our wives

and wont allow any family member to examine

something like that grin
Re: Medical Examination By Your Brother-In-Law: Right Or Wrong? by Beaf1: 4:41pm On Sep 16, 2011
4llerbuntu:

well as much as i appreciate your view and desire  @ poster if i were to be your husband, i would be wary about why you are so insistent on avoiding my brother.

all this talk of gbogbo aso ko la saa lorun only goes to show you have something to hide, something which you do not want me your husband to find out.

we all know that if it were to be a case of "because he will examine my body", the its not tenable. the stranger whom you wanna go meet is not going to touch your body?
or his touch is different from my brother?

the bro is a medical doctor, your own itty bitty parts cannot be the first he has seen neither will they be the last. neither will your arcane medical condition be the worst. you fail to give doctors credit, they know a lot more than they show about lots of pple. even the female docs don't even run their mouth so much. spare the bull

unless of course, he has been making advances at you, which would be anor reason you are trying to avoid him without hubby's knowledge.

personally i think you simply do not want your skeletons to be exposed, either way.

its your problem though. but word of advice, next time you want to avoid that type of scenario, you build it up. u create a backdrop for it before the need to go there arises e.g.

how you dont wanna go there because u don't want to be a parasite, free treatment bla bla bla
how doctor so and so is sooo good, and handles your medical issues superbly, he know you treatment  blablabla
how the other hospital is much more convenient, and profitable for u to use etc.

so that when u express the desire to go to anor place, there is a background for it

if there was a serious emergency and your hubby's bro is the only doctor around to treat you, even if it warrants inserting all 10 fingers into the inbox, would you decline?

shame sha, that you are playing dangerous games

SMH on posts like this.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEEPS

What if it involves opening her legs for the BIL to examine her illness?
My brother is a consultant in one of teaching hospitals and unless during emergency cases he NEVER touches my wife. My wife gets all the care and attention she needs when she’s been referred to his colleagues in that hospital.

Whatever happens to morals and respect for brother’s wife.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Pastor Told Me My Fiance Is Not My Husband / Igbo Baby Names / Is This Also Part Of Marriage Romance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.