Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,687 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

3 Days Now Since My Landlord Locked Me Out. What Should I Do? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 3 Days Now Since My Landlord Locked Me Out. What Should I Do? (5566 Views)

My Landlord Wants Me To Pay A Debt I Didn't Accrue / My Landlord And I / My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Days Now Since My Landlord Locked Me Out. What Should I Do? by Timclark(m): 3:19pm On Mar 15, 2023
If I still sleep outside this night, I don't know but I guess I will do something nasty tomorrow.
Re: 3 Days Now Since My Landlord Locked Me Out. What Should I Do? by Timclark(m): 11:18pm On Mar 20, 2023
@Kroger, please I still need your help concerning this case. I was able to commit just a little to the landlord to allow me entry into the house but the heat is still much. Can you please assist me?
Re: 3 Days Now Since My Landlord Locked Me Out. What Should I Do? by Obaaderemi2: 11:25pm On Mar 20, 2023
People are going through a lot. May God ease your mind.
Re: 3 Days Now Since My Landlord Locked Me Out. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 4:12am On Mar 21, 2023
It means you do not have credibility with your landlord hence his inability to trust you when you asked for some time. Your intentions don't matter here, The landlord got bills to pay.
Re: 3 Days Now Since My Landlord Locked Me Out. What Should I Do? by Okiton: 5:49am On Mar 21, 2023
Timclark:
3 days now, I haven't entered my house.

3 days now since I returned from job search, I haven't entered my house because landlord came and locked the place with heavy padlocks after I failed to pay him the rent. Note: it's not my intemtion to owe him. I am not owing him deliberately.

I have respected him and still respecting him by not breaking that key but it's 3 days now since I have been pleading with him to consider me and my present condition, that I will pay, the man has refused to understand with me.

I have spent these last 3 days in strange places including sleeping outside because I can't enter the place.

Please nairalanders, should I break the keys and enter the house? What would happen if I do that?

How do I resolve this matter please, especially as I am not with money to pay him right away?

This is what I am currently going through as a person.

Also, if you need the phone number of the landlord, I can provide for you to help call and beg him for me.

Thanks.
Brother have plans
Start doing something no matter small it is and stop this job hunting
Re: 3 Days Now Since My Landlord Locked Me Out. What Should I Do? by gare(f): 6:02am On Mar 21, 2023
sotall:
Go report the case at the police station then thereafter break the lock.
If he comes for you, beat him up.
He has no fucking right to lock your apartment.

He needs a court order to do that.

the way ypou guys reason baffles me, somebody took the pain to build a house and rent out, you owe him, you take him to the police, now you plan to beat him, has he don any wrong by building a house and renting out? Why cant we just respect oursleves and do the right thing.

how do you want the landlord to survive if every of his tenant owe him and take him to court for refusal to pay rent, it is really not a good practice, before you rent was over due you should have spkone to him and if he refused then you make arrangements to move out, taking your landlord to court over money you owe him is not good.

4 Likes

Re: 3 Days Now Since My Landlord Locked Me Out. What Should I Do? by gare(f): 6:04am On Mar 21, 2023
Skyview01:
It means you do not have credibility with your landlord hence his inability to trust you when you asked for some time. Your intentions don't matter here, The landlord got bills to pay.

Please tell them, most of this landlords built this houses from their life savings hope to manage with it till they die, and you come with your home problem to add to it, not fair.

3 Likes

Re: 3 Days Now Since My Landlord Locked Me Out. What Should I Do? by elonmuskbaby: 6:06am On Mar 21, 2023
TINUBUISMAD:
Burn the house down and thank me later undecided
lol if them hold you now you will be playing victimisation and witch hunting

1 Like

Re: 3 Days Now Since My Landlord Locked Me Out. What Should I Do? by elonmuskbaby: 6:06am On Mar 21, 2023
TINUBUISMAD:
Burn the house down and thank me later undecided
lol if them hold you now you will be playing victimisation and witch hunting grin

Re: 3 Days Now Since My Landlord Locked Me Out. What Should I Do? by Kobicove(m): 5:15am On Apr 15, 2023
adecz:

Report to police, because that
is trespass and an infringement on
your rights as a tenant..

In fact you should also report of
missing money in the apartment. He will
be begging you to settle.

You can quickly ask a lawyer for
advice.

Somebody no get money to pay landlord for 4 months you dey say make him go get lawyer...you think say lawyer na free? grin

4 Likes

Re: 3 Days Now Since My Landlord Locked Me Out. What Should I Do? by Difrent: 6:08am On Apr 15, 2023
Timclark:

3 days now since I returned from job search, I haven't entered my house because landlord came and locked the place with heavy padlocks after I failed to pay him the rent. Note: it's not my intemtion to owe him. I am not owing him deliberately.

I have respected him and still respecting him by not breaking that key but it's 3 days now since I have been pleading with him to consider me and my present condition, that I will pay, the man has refused to understand with me.

I have spent these last 3 days in strange places including sleeping outside because I can't enter the place.

Please nairalanders, should I break the keys and enter the house? What would happen if I do that?

How do I resolve this matter please, especially as I am not with money to pay him right away?

Also, if you need the phone number of the landlord, I can provide for you to help call and beg him for me.

Thanks.

Guy you can cash out from that foolish Landlord.
Just go make report at police station.
Once they invite him and he opens the room , claim your valuable is missing and ask him to pay.
He can only escape if he had a policeman present when locking the room, he doesnt have the power to lock your room behind your back even if its his house.
This is exactly whats happening to someone i know who went to lock someone's room behind their back, the guy is claiming he has 2miliions in the room

1 Like

Re: 3 Days Now Since My Landlord Locked Me Out. What Should I Do? by Sltp: 6:43am On Apr 15, 2023
NoToPile:

The apartment was locked up from outside not broken into so how will money get missing

Why can't you advise him to look for small money to pay the landlord even if it's 6 months, he is supposed to beg him.

Infact following the Lagos law he is already a Tenant at will and entitled to only 7 days notice, so even if the landlord decides to go the legal route he is as good as out and will still pay what is owed.

The bolded is a typical Nigerian mentality always wanting to cheat landlords, always not wanting to pay debts or loans

Thats why some landlords will just pour werepe.

This is what I saw online

Re: 3 Days Now Since My Landlord Locked Me Out. What Should I Do? by silibaba: 6:43am On Apr 15, 2023
Take your matter to MEDIATION CENTRE in your area local govt.
Re: 3 Days Now Since My Landlord Locked Me Out. What Should I Do? by Femmyfamous4u(m): 7:01am On Apr 15, 2023
Timclark:

Thanks.

Are you a yearly tenant? How many years are you owing? Has he given you quit notice or warning before?
Re: 3 Days Now Since My Landlord Locked Me Out. What Should I Do? by NoToPile: 7:31am On Apr 15, 2023
Sltp:

This is what I saw online

Thats for a paying tenant whose rent has not expired, for an owing tenant he is already a tenant at will see what google says to about a tenant at will.

1 Like

Re: 3 Days Now Since My Landlord Locked Me Out. What Should I Do? by alizma: 7:47am On Apr 15, 2023
Timclark:
If I still sleep outside this night, I don't know but I guess I will do something nasty tomorrow.
Where is your location, can I come and talk to the landlord?
Re: 3 Days Now Since My Landlord Locked Me Out. What Should I Do? by kroger: 12:06pm On Apr 19, 2023
Timclark:
@Kroger, please I still need your help concerning this case. I was able to commit just a little to the landlord to allow me entry into the house but the heat is still much. Can you please assist me?

Send me your account sir. Apologies for the delay.
Re: 3 Days Now Since My Landlord Locked Me Out. What Should I Do? by gbeseun(m): 1:04pm On Apr 19, 2023
Pls go and get money and pay your debt.firat think that cover you in life is shelter and you must always have it at the back of your mind that your rent is as important as your food.
God bless u.pay up

2 Likes

Re: 3 Days Now Since My Landlord Locked Me Out. What Should I Do? by Timclark(m): 4:16pm On Apr 19, 2023
kroger:

Send me your account sir. Apologies for the delay.

Thank you very much sir . God bless you richly for coming through for me.
Re: 3 Days Now Since My Landlord Locked Me Out. What Should I Do? by kroger: 11:13pm On Apr 19, 2023
Timclark:

Ac. No.: 3044039025
Bank: First bank
Name: Walter Achu.

Thank you very much sir . God bless you richly for coming through for me.

Sent sir.
Re: 3 Days Now Since My Landlord Locked Me Out. What Should I Do? by Timclark(m): 7:45am On Apr 20, 2023
kroger:

Sent sir.

Ah boss, na you be baba o. Thank you very much. In fact, you are mightier than the mighty. God bless you.
Re: 3 Days Now Since My Landlord Locked Me Out. What Should I Do? by nedekid: 7:55am On Apr 20, 2023
sotall:

Persin without moni can do police and fight matter? shocked

1 Like

Re: 3 Days Now Since My Landlord Locked Me Out. What Should I Do? by nedekid: 8:03am On Apr 20, 2023
Re: 3 Days Now Since My Landlord Locked Me Out. What Should I Do? by nedekid: 8:05am On Apr 20, 2023
Difrent:

Once they invite him and he opens the room , claim your valuable is missing and ask him to pay.
He can only escape if he had a policeman present when locking the room, he doesnt have the power to lock your room behind your back even if its his house.
This is exactly whats happening to someone i know who went to lock someone's room behind their back, the guy is claiming he has 2miliions in the room
He locked the room from outside. So how can the OP claim things are missing?

2 Likes

Re: 3 Days Now Since My Landlord Locked Me Out. What Should I Do? by sixtuso(m): 8:06am On Apr 20, 2023
nonhuman:
Let him carry like 2k or 1500 go open file for police, then come back and break the key, 3days is not 3hours, and get ready for 3month quit notice, gather money before then and pack
They can never give him 3months it's six months
Re: 3 Days Now Since My Landlord Locked Me Out. What Should I Do? by Obaaderemi2: 8:21am On Apr 20, 2023
Difrent:

Do you know wether that house is the only source of livelihood for the landlord? The guy is owing the landlord denying him of his legal income. Yet you are encouraging him to continue to be irresponsible.

1 Like

Re: 3 Days Now Since My Landlord Locked Me Out. What Should I Do? by Richbyfaith: 1:15am On Apr 21, 2023
kroger:

Sent sir.

God bless you sir for helping him. May your pocket never run dry. I am also in dire need. I don't know how possible you can assist me too, please.
Re: 3 Days Now Since My Landlord Locked Me Out. What Should I Do? by Timclark(m): 6:16am On Apr 22, 2023
kroger:

Sent sir.

Thank you very much sir. Honestly you won't believe the extent that has helped me. I felt like I didn't appreciate your kindness enough, that is why I'm doing this again. God bless you and bless all you do.
Re: 3 Days Now Since My Landlord Locked Me Out. What Should I Do? by erico2k2(m): 6:24am On Apr 22, 2023
sotall:

Not until a mosquito lands on your balls, you will realize that violence does not always solve problems.
The owner of the house has not used violence yet you are advising the tenant to use violence.

3 Likes

Re: 3 Days Now Since My Landlord Locked Me Out. What Should I Do? by erico2k2(m): 6:30am On Apr 22, 2023
NoToPile:

Thats for a paying tenant whose rent has not expired, for an owing tenant he is already a tenant at will see what google says to about a tenant at will.

Good lecture some people just open their phone and type the 1st thing that come into their head. Once one fail to pay rent they are no longer on the side of the law and this can happen, The only way the law can be slightly on their side is if they have any mitigating factors ie family and young kids but I'm afraid joblessness due to loss of work is not one of them

3 Likes

Re: 3 Days Now Since My Landlord Locked Me Out. What Should I Do? by Richbyfaith: 2:21pm On Apr 23, 2023
kroger:

Sent sir.

Hello sir @Kroger, happy Sunday to you. Please forgive me. I stumbled on this thread and even though I am in need but I didn't want to add my burden to you but I had to summon courage to do it, believing God can use you to meet my needs. I'm a self-sponsored student currently in school. It has not been easy for me as things can go so bad sometimes that I have nothing to eat. I make money through menial jobs, but it is hardly enough to meet my immediate needs. To compound issue is I have younger ones looking up to me to provide for them too. Anyways, let me not bore you with long story, but with a little money as capital, I can start a small food business within my area. That will help me a lot, not only on revenue but on feeding too and paying my hostel rent. I sincerely apologize for doing this, but I need you you to assist me. I will keep you informed with every thing about the business. I understand that you are neither a family member nor someone I know but if you can help me, I will forever remain grateful to you. I pray you consider me. God bless you.
Re: 3 Days Now Since My Landlord Locked Me Out. What Should I Do? by Richbyfaith: 5:21pm On Apr 25, 2023
Richbyfaith:

Hello sir @Kroger, happy Sunday to you. Please forgive me. I stumbled on this thread and even though I am in need but I didn't want to add my burden to you but I had to summon courage to do it, believing God can use you to meet my needs. I'm a self-sponsored student currently in school. It has not been easy for me as things can go so bad sometimes that I have nothing to eat. I make money through menial jobs, but it is hardly enough to meet my immediate needs. To compound issue is I have younger ones looking up to me to provide for them too. Anyways, let me not bore you with long story, but with a little money as capital, I can start a small food business within my area. That will help me a lot, not only on revenue but on feeding too and paying my hostel rent. I sincerely apologize for doing this, but I need you you to assist me. I will keep you informed with every thing about the business. I understand that you are neither a family member nor someone I know but if you can help me, I will forever remain grateful to you. I pray you consider me. God bless you.

Greetings to you sir @Kroger, I made this post and it's over 48 hours now and I haven't gotten any response from you. May be you didn't see it but in case you saw it and felt offended about it which is why you didn't reply, please and please again, my knees on ground, i'm really really sorry for offending you. It's why i dont like approaching people for assistance because it puts me into big shame if I am snubbed. I'm sorry please. Don't be offended. And if you still want to help me, God will richly bless the works of your hands, and mine too, Amen and Amen. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos Set To Prosecute Collapsed Lekki Gardens Building Contractors, Others / (Pic)7BedRoom semi detached Duplex@ Gbagada Phase2, 75m / Anyone know price of (LATERITE) per tipper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.