Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense (10092 Views)

See Gorgeous Natasha Akpoti Accused Of Terrorism By Kogi Govt / Governor Sanwo-olu Confirms Incidents Of Kidnappings In Lagos, Harps On Security / Top 10 Incidents Of Cannibalism In The 21st Century That Were So Horrible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by Kemadealadire(f): 1:12pm On Mar 15, 2023
Normal, where will people get the cash to pay ransom. If they go through the bank, it can be traced, the only other way they can collect ransom without a trace, I won't say it here.
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by DMerciful(m): 1:12pm On Mar 15, 2023
Well, Tinubu kidnapped the presidential election but Obi is on a rescue mission through the courts

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by Minatouchiha(m): 1:12pm On Mar 15, 2023
Maybe that's why they are fighting to reintroduce it again into d system.
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by Bornbiafra: 1:12pm On Mar 15, 2023
Babathanks:

I almost died last week because of trekking, is not that I don’t have money oo, but no cash and all taxi refuse transfer. This is rubbish policy
I swear...I fainted today
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by GeeMeshin1(m): 1:14pm On Mar 15, 2023
...or maybe their sponsors are busy with electioneering activities.
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by Walai(m): 1:15pm On Mar 15, 2023
Unfortunately we have very weak institutions to implement this wonderful program.
CBN, NNPC and INEC have all been hijacked.

If they complete the hijacke of supreme court that is partially hijacked presently then know that we no longer have a country until we are ready for a revolution or outright war
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by Draslo(m): 1:15pm On Mar 15, 2023
Deggyji:

I agree with this suggestion
Na lie. Cash in circulation has nothing to do with crime rate
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by Beosten(m): 1:17pm On Mar 15, 2023
200milion people must suffer before government can tame terrorists?

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by ivolt: 1:20pm On Mar 15, 2023
Statisense is wrong.
Election is the major factor.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by blowjohn(m): 1:20pm On Mar 15, 2023
First it was BVN they said o.

Now na mopping of money

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by matori(m): 1:22pm On Mar 15, 2023
Will you keep quiet.So,to control kidnapping,you have to mop up cash.This is a wicked approach with our experience so far.NONSENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by Godstiger(m): 1:23pm On Mar 15, 2023
Sirheny007:
What nonsense.
You cannot starve the whole country because you want to fight kidnappers.
Are you trying to justify Emefiele and Buhari's thoughtlessness?
There is nothing wrong with the policy it's just the process and the system
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by tnerro1(m): 1:24pm On Mar 15, 2023
Idiot, is like saying you have a rat problem in your house and the only solution is to burn down the house to get rid of the rats.

Incompetent mudafvcker

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by Elliotwaveforec: 1:24pm On Mar 15, 2023
True! It's a good policy, just the timing. Emefy is rushing it. I don't know why.
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by teepain: 1:25pm On Mar 15, 2023
ivolt:
Statisense is wrong.
Election is the major factor.

For the initiates of statistics and data science, we know that correlation does not mean causality. Statisense should have established causality so that they can make it make sense. Besides they should have done a comparative analysis against another election year and then look at the time series effect to detect cyclical or seasonal effects.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by alobright17(m): 1:25pm On Mar 15, 2023
Sirheny007:
What nonsense.

Shutup do you think most countries you’re enjoying today never suffered one way or the other to achieve success today ? Even as dumb as you are don’t you agree with the fact that those incidents reduced? Must you complain and wail about everything and anything? If you’re a president today you will also bring policies and many will also complain.

Do you think OBI was going to better this country with weak policies if to say he won ? Besides both Obi and Atiku supported the policy which means they would’ve adopted it yet you’re calling it nonsense.
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by Kreddy: 1:28pm On Mar 15, 2023
nice one buhari needs to be praised for setting his house on fire just to kill the rats
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by ivolt: 1:28pm On Mar 15, 2023
teepain:

For the initiates of statistics and data science, we know that correlation does not mean causality. Statisense should have established causality so that they can make it make sense. Besides they should have done a comparative analysis against another election year and then look at the time series effect to detect cyclical or seasonal effects.

Even herdsmen attacks which have nothing to do with ransom payments reduced pre-election
and picked up again after result announcement.

I am sure that Statisense understand the difference between correlation and causation, they
are just trying to send a political message.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by Waywardson6: 1:28pm On Mar 15, 2023
The kidnappings & terrorism simply took another form in hunger, anger, more joblessness, hopelessness, extreme poverty, corruption & crime. Is there really hope for Nigeria? If you are still hoping, then make sure you can die for the country.
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by Buffalo2(m): 1:29pm On Mar 15, 2023
I don't have anything to contribute but since this thread is in CRIME SECTION I am okay
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by inoki247: 1:30pm On Mar 15, 2023
Kemadealadire:
Normal, where will people get the cash to pay ransom. If they go through the bank, it can be traced, the only other way they can collect ransom without a trace, I won't say it here.

Lol just pray you don't get kidnapped if your kidnapper bill your family In Ordinary india Rupees sef ur love ones will surely find it...

Before this implementation Evans was collecting is ransom In foreign currency shey the victim family no find am....

So you people should rest with the hype before dem say na NiN go secure us now them say suffering the masses from having access to derr hard earned money na him go solve am....

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by teepain: 1:33pm On Mar 15, 2023
ivolt:

Even herdsmen attacks which have nothing to do with ransom payments reduced pre-election
and picked up again after result announcement.

I am sure that Statisense understand the difference between correlation and causation, they
are just trying to send a political message.

I completely agree with you. They might have been bankrolled!
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by EmeeNaka: 1:36pm On Mar 15, 2023
shegzhkn:
This is complete madness, who in the name of God mop up cash in circulation as part of effort to tackle insecurity.
What happens to intelligence gathering, massive investment in security and surveillance infrastructure, personnel training, etc.
Look at the photographs above and the countries there, what do you notice?
I do understand the need for surveillance, training and other measures. However, no measure can do it alone. All measures are supposed to complement each other. Cashless policy is a strong measure to tackle different fashions of criminal acts. Yes, the CBN measures should have been implemented but Cashless policy is needed in Nigeria now. Anyone that is afraid of Cashless policy have something to hide.
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by Chetas81(m): 1:40pm On Mar 15, 2023
Which religion cover by TERRORISM and why they choose such way
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:43pm On Mar 15, 2023
This is good news. But one man's food is another man's poison
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by crafteck(m): 1:44pm On Mar 15, 2023
The reports reduced not the incidents

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by waleray(m): 1:45pm On Mar 15, 2023
It has drastically reduced kidnapping. But it must be done with human face.
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by Kaiser20: 1:45pm On Mar 15, 2023
Sirheny007:
What nonsense.
Be willing to pay a price for things to change.
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by Minjim: 1:46pm On Mar 15, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

The Federal Government and the CBN should make the Cashless Economy more favourable, and easy, so that there won't be too much cash in the circulation any longer..

CRIME GOES ON SUCCESSFULLY WHERE CASH IS INVOLVED..

You people allow that fool at CBN to fool you like Peter Obi.

Nigeria has one of the smallest amount of money in circulation in the world.

Even develop countries have higher cash in circulation than Nigeria and these are countries that actually practice cashless policy.
Re: Naira Redesign: Incidents Of Terrorism & Kidnapping Reduced In 2023 - StatiSense by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 15, 2023
It does yes but at what cost? we cannot continue to suicide ourselves to keep it at that forever. #Giveusourlivesback

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Beheads His 13 Year Old Niece / See The Inside Of A Typical Saudi Arabia Prison(photos) / HELP!!! Bet9ja Have Debited All My Account Balance.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.