Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,062 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out (20338 Views)

Dr. Umoh Michael Dies After Allegedly Working 72 Hours In LUTH / LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR / Lady Loses Friend At LUTH Because There Was No Bed Space And Consultants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by ariesbull: 5:23pm On Mar 16, 2023
Moh247:
cry

Rest In Perfect Peace

Perhaps if Samuel Ortom was a Good Governor and Benue economy was booming, Debbie won't be in crowded Lagos

Lagos with not more than 2million indegene caters for 22 million Nigeria with no extra allocation or funding

If the argument is Lagos has seaport,

In just 41 months and with Just $1.75 billion USD Lagos built Ibeju Lekki Deep sea port

Can't any other state access funding of $2billion and build a functional port

New City Development

Downtown Chicago built all infrastructure and skyscrapers in less than 5 years

Dubai UAE, Sharjah and most UAE top city developed in less than 2 decade

China transformations was within 30 years

PS: to the morronns telling me I am insensitive, should we discuss solutions to prevent this as adults or simply say RIP and continue on

LAGOS Did not build Lekki port please, it was a consortium, Lagos has minority shares

The shareholding structure of the Port is as follows: The Lekki Port Investment Holding Inc. (international consortium) owns 75% (China Harbour Engineering Company Ltd 52.50%, Tolaram 22.5%), the Lagos State Government owns 20% while Nigerian Ports Authority owns 5%

You see why i said you guys should vote good people...what if it is an APC Member child that died

1 Like

Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by Fcwilly: 5:24pm On Mar 16, 2023
Moh247:
cry

Rest In Perfect Peace

Perhaps if Samuel Ortom was a Good Governor and Benue economy was booming, Debbie won't be in crowded Lagos

Lagos with not more than 2million indegene caters for 22 million Nigeria with no extra allocation or funding

In just 41 months and with Just $1.75 billion USD Lagos built Ibeju Lekki Deep sea port

New City Development

PS: to the morronns telling me I am insensitive, should we discuss solutions to prevent this as adults or simply say RIP and continue on

You are talking trash, the level of investment Lagos attracted as FCT and it's status as a former FCT, the level of taxes it former status generated for it, all the headquarters of companies located there is made possible by the 2 million indigenous peoples of Lagos abi? You need a brain resetting slap. Think well before hitting your keyboards.

1 Like

Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by onadana: 5:25pm On Mar 16, 2023
Moh247:
cry

Rest In Perfect Peace

New City Development

Oga shut up simply because you have data,you are so insensitive. You are talking nonsense. Is it her fault her parents settled in Lagos?Maybe she speaks yoruba and doesn't even understand the language of Benue.She knows Lagos more than Benue...you are here talking trash.
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by seborrhic: 5:28pm On Mar 16, 2023
OmegaAutos:

Lie kill you there, they misbehave to everyone not particularly a tribe..... It's worse in the east.... We lost soneone in Enugu cos there was not water in govt hospital....it's that horrible
Please,how did the lack of water kill the person?

1 Like

Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by compton11(m): 5:34pm On Mar 16, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:
That's the situation of Nigeria that we all OBIdients frowns at. But urchins are OK with that.

You won't understand how bad this governments have been until Nigeria happens to you.

Quite unfortunate bro
ain't under your Godfather obi that doctors strikes for 13 months?

1 Like

Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by seborrhic: 5:36pm On Mar 16, 2023
Roboto11:

Bed space unavailability in major hospitals is a worldwide issue.

No be everything una go dey curse una papa house over.
They don't know.
They always come out with 2 impressions,from pure ignorance or poor education:
(1)That people don't die in western hospitals like US and most European countries with advanced health care.
(2)That people walk to any hospital and promptly get care.
It doesn't even take experience to have a better perspective,just mere Google will show that in England people have been in surgery list for up to 2 years,just waiting to have common operations done.
To see a primary care physician in UK under the government funded NHS can take u up to 48hours and even more if your case is not deemed serious.
Same in US that even with private insurance you still have to wait for some hours.
The paradox is that in Nigeria we are still relatively lucky,though it's dangerous to general health in the long run:that people can access many drugs that are supposed to require a doctor's prescription in street pharmacy shops.Assuming all ailments and treatment have to come with a certified prescription,then there would be a crash in the entire healthcare system here because the several thousands that complain of having "malaria and typhoid" everyday must visit a hospital to be seen by a doctor.Imagine that number of patients visiting hospitals daily just because of typhoid and malaria!
Yes,the Nigerian situation still has some shortcomings,but bed space issues and non attendance to emergency care patients is not peculiar to Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by Otunbakayce: 5:42pm On Mar 16, 2023
Kobonaire4:
As usual, most of the comments here run the gamut of

1.Nigeria happened to her

2.Yourbas are evil see

3.Igbos are evil

4.Nigeria is run by bad leadership...

Well, let's start from no 4. If we had good leadership they would fund the hospitals by either a mixture of

1.Raised taxes

2.Raised hospital fees.

At which point people would promplty shout that 'We are poor'

Well, we have bad hospitals because we are to poor to pay the amount of money that we need to make them standard.

(And yes, we should stop corruption, but the money saved from gfighting corruption is not going to go to hospitals alone...we have schools, sports, defence, police, roads, etc.).

As for money we need, well, Spain spends nearly 100bn euros on health each year. Nigeria does not spend up to 2bn euros on health. Our budget is not up to 40bn euros.

You see why we take loans, and even then the loans are not enough.

I am saying this because all the complaining we did, was done 20-30 years ago...even in 1985, people were calling our hospitals 'mere consulting clinics'. It was that bad.

Then there is another reason why we do not have bed space...bad primary and secondary health care. Lack of staff (doctor and nurse does not want to work in village), lack of buildings, lack of money...

So the child with severe diarrhea that can be treated at a primary health care level center (I have treated such chilfdren as an NYSC village doc)...is sent to the teaching hospital. The guy with dislocated shoulder instrad of going to a secondary health care center...goes to a teaching hospital.

And as a result...the hopsital is crowded.

Then we don't have enough teaching hospitals. As one senior doctor told me over ten years ago...every state needs 5 teaching hospitals...ie 5 . Not 5 general hospitals...5 TEACHING HOSPITALS....

And all that has to be funded by...raised taxes and raised fees.

So, when I come here and shout that we need to raise our tax to gdp ratio from 8 percent to 50%, and when I come here chanting raised fees...e get why. So that we don't have disasters like this.

But no, people abuse me, call me names, and tell me I am being heartless. Someone even said I belong in the depths.

Well what is your alternative? We should fight corruption, yes. Ia gree...but the money we need is far more than what is stolen or what we earn here.

That is why Nigeria must raise taxes...but long term, we must get off our dependency on oil, and become an industrial nation. We must remove subsides on petrol and power, and direct them to health and education. We must make hard choices.

It has nothing to do with politics, and I don't ;like APC, PDP or LP or any mainstream politican. It has everything to do with fact.

So let's stop complaining and face the cold reality. Hard choices now...or we just take another loan from the IMF, while we pretend they are the cause of our problems.

I don talk my own.
All oil producing countries offers free quality healthcare to their citizens, from Trinidad and tobago to Saudi Arabia. Nigeria doesn't need to raise any tax without first raising wages.
Nigeria is rich enough to find 5 world-class hospitals per state.
Quit making excuses for incompetent politicians and their cronies they all possess citizenship of foreign working countries.
It cost just about $150,000 - $400,000 to get citizens and most of these criminals you call government in Nigeria can easily afford.
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by armyofone(m): 5:49pm On Mar 16, 2023
chatinent:
In everything you are doing in this life, make sure your dreams revolve around escaping from Nigeria.

How can one escape from Nigeria now ?
Every where is tightened. You can't cross Libya into Europe anymore. You can't cross the red sea.
Oyinbo doesn't want immigrants.

Fada Lord, show your people what to do
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by DonClericuzo: 5:49pm On Mar 16, 2023
Moh247:
cry

Rest In Perfect Peace

New City Development

You are an evil beast. Why are you people always behaving as if there are no Yorubas living in other states.Tufiakwa.
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by armyofone(m): 5:50pm On Mar 16, 2023
Rest in peace and journey well!

This life!
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by chatinent: 6:04pm On Mar 16, 2023
armyofone:

How can one escape from Nigeria now ?
Every where is tightened. You can't cross Libya into Europe anymore. You can't cross the red sea.
Oyinbo doesn't want immigrants.

Fada Lord, show your people what to do
Omo šŸ„²
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by IpobAntidote: 6:09pm On Mar 16, 2023
obyno82:

You don't have sense. have Lagos leaders ever talked about spreading development? And even at that what infrastructure does Lagos have? Lagos is so low when compared to small Cotonou in terms of insfrastructure.
Your father doesn't have sense. Mumu man.
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by SUNNINO(m): 6:20pm On Mar 16, 2023
You are right, no be lie
DankemzI:
Upth is the worst
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by davidl7: 6:26pm On Mar 16, 2023
Una just spoil my day. Tear just dey my eyes. Which kain country be this?

May her soul rest in peace!
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by AFONJACOW(m): 6:33pm On Mar 16, 2023
Go blame Tulumbu wailing on his gate because he say he no dey read online news e go give am blood pressure..

Nigeria welcome back to analogue age
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by drimzsmoke(m): 6:36pm On Mar 16, 2023
BurialGround:
smiley

After I almost lost my son in Isolo General hospital, I said bye bye to all government hospitals. Those Yoruba nurses and tribalism na 5 and 6. They abandoned my son but are eager to attend to those speaking same language with them.

Don't let anybody fool you,government hospital is still the best as far as Nigeria is concern!!!
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by BurialGround: 6:39pm On Mar 16, 2023
drimzsmoke:

Don't let anybody fool you,government hospital is still the best as far as Nigeria is concern!!!

The best for price not for service.
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by drimzsmoke(m): 6:44pm On Mar 16, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:
That's the situation of Nigeria that we all OBIdients frowns at. But urchins are OK with that.

You won't understand how bad this governments have been until Nigeria happens to you.

Quite unfortunate bro

You people should calm down,you all are always waiting for the slightest opportunity to insult the government.
She died within 2 hours when they got her to LUTH.It's not as if she died of trauma secondary to road traffic accident or something.So my question goes thus: why now,why didn't they present at the hospital until it became worse and she was about to die
During 1 of my posting in Ijebu Ode few years back,a woman rushed her child to the emergency unit but the child died less than 5minutes of getting to the hospital.The mother killed the child because the child died of dehydration(the child has been stooling and vomiting but she didn't bring the child until she was about to die)
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by drimzsmoke(m): 6:46pm On Mar 16, 2023
BurialGround:

The best for price not for service.

BOTH,I can say that anywhere and it's the TRUTH!!!
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:02pm On Mar 16, 2023
madridguy:
So they ignored you simply because you are not Yoruba?

Are you surprised grin

Wahala dey o
Big one!
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by Nobody: 7:07pm On Mar 16, 2023
quote author=Otunbakayce post=121793058] All oil producing countries offers free quality healthcare to their citizens, from Trinidad and tobago to Saudi Arabia. Nigeria doesn't need to raise any tax without first raising wages.

Saudi Arabia....10 million barrels of crude per day for 40 million people

Nigeria...1.8million barrels of crude daily for 220 million people.

Just let that sink in, and you would see that we don't have enough for everyone...plus the stealing our leaders do makes it worse.

We are not a rich oil nation. For us to be atSaudi's level, our population needs to be lower than that of the United Arab emirates.

All oil rich nations have very low populations. Below 20 million.Oil Countries that pass that...like Nigeria, Iran and Venezuela....have issues with debts, and keeping their people supplied well.

Nigeria is rich enough to find 5 world-class hospitals per state.

Nigeria's budget every year is not up to 40 billion dollars. Saudi has reserves ten times that...because they produce much more.

Also, we earn about 100 bn dollars a year, assuming oil is at 100 dollars a barrel and does not fall below that.

Finally, we earn less than the above because of oil prices never being where we want them

Meanwhile to be as rich enough to get 5 teaching hospitals, we need to be earning somewhere around 300bn dollars. 300 billion dollars or more.

See why I do not like our leaders....NO IDEAS ON HOW TO DIVERSIFY THE ECONOMY.

Seriously, we are not as rich as you think we are. We rely on one stream of income. Is that how rich nations do? Would you rely on only one stream of income?
Quit making excuses for incompetent politicians and their cronies they all possess citizenship of foreign working countries.
It cost just about $150,000 - $400,000 to get citizens and most of these criminals you call government in Nigeria can easily afford.

grin

I am not excusing anyone at all.

I am pointing out how bad it is. And that by extension shows how bad our leaders are. They know how bad it is, yet they won't make the hard choices we need to make to get up economically.

Keep that in mind, and don't accuse me of excusiing anyone again. Because I am not.
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by Emanodimo(m): 7:52pm On Mar 16, 2023
madridguy:
R. I. P to her.

People should stop taken emergency situation to LUTH ... Go to LASUTH IKEJA instead... At least to a reasonable extent it's well equipped by Lagos government.

I can see people bashing Lagos State Government, LUTH is a federal hospital.

LASUTH is as guilty as LUTH. Some of their staff and management of LASUTH are corrupt.
An average doctor in state hospital feels disturb to perform service to patient, maybe due to pressure attending to more patient than they should.

My prayer is that i don't fall sick that becomes emergency. My advice is that we spend time to care for our health. Take food supplement to enrich your meal time to time. No one is 100% healthy.

1 Like

Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by badboyTee(m): 7:59pm On Mar 16, 2023
madridguy:
R. I. P to her.

People should stop taken emergency situation to LUTH ... Go to LASUTH IKEJA instead... At least to a reasonable extent it's well equipped by Lagos government.

I can see people bashing Lagos State Government, LUTH is a federal hospital.
mehn mag God protect us i hate general hospitals imagine someone groaning in pain at gbagada general hospital none of the doctors even move an inch to help my cousin in labor we had to take her to one private hospital that night demanding a deposit of nothing less than 250k before they begin anything imagine
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by badboyTee(m): 8:00pm On Mar 16, 2023
Emanodimo:

LASUTH is as guilty as LUTH. Some of their staff and management of LASUTH are corrupt.
An average doctor in state hospital feels disturb to perform service to patient, maybe due to pressure attending to more patient than they should.

My prayer is that i don't fall sick that becomes emergency. My advice is that we spend time to care for our health. Take food supplement to enrich your meal time to time. No one is 100% healthy.
Amen oo
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by chaloskyx: 8:10pm On Mar 16, 2023
EKO O NI BAJE O SANWOLU IS WORKING BAT IS WORKING 4+4 ON OUR MANDATE YOU STAND CARRY ON AND FORGET ABOUT THESE LAGOSIANS COMPLAINING THEY DONT MEAN WELL JARE!!!!!!!
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by Jozilinn: 8:39pm On Mar 16, 2023
Luth really have that thing in them,you will see a lot of nurses inside the hospital just patrolling, doing nothing why can't they be allowed outside to carry out first aid...I almost died there,thank God I was taken to military hospital first where I was given 6 injections just to boost my strength,we got to luth around 10am,I was treated around 8pm,and was admitted around that time... what of I never went to military hospital? And their bills no be here oh, even mosquito na giant sef, the cleaners there are rude, the nurses there not all are slay queens just a few have empathy... they sell space over there,if you have money you would be admitted on time rip šŸ™šŸ˜° to her soul may God see her family through, such a beauty.
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by blowjohn(m): 8:47pm On Mar 16, 2023
So sad.

This issue if bed space is everyehwre o.

People are building more plazas, supermarkets and filling stations the size of football fields whilst our hospitals la k enof space for patients.

All for the money
Non for humanity
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by Gaskiya77: 8:55pm On Mar 16, 2023
Take heart! You went in hope but you are going back in sorrow. God knows better.May her soul rest in peace.
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by eyinjuege: 9:01pm On Mar 16, 2023
Moh247:
cry

Rest In Perfect Peace

New City Development

Honestly, citizens need to start pressing the necks of these governors even if we can't all go to Abuja.
And in fairness, Lagos governors are much better jokers than all their fellow jokers around.
The state is overpopulated, has no landmass, infrastructures are overstretched.
It's ridiculous at this point.
Only 2 teaching hospitals servicing 22million people.
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by liasmiram2567: 9:36pm On Mar 16, 2023
BurialGround:
smiley

After I almost lost my son in Isolo General hospital, I said bye bye to all government hospitals. Those Yoruba nurses and tribalism na 5 and 6. They abandoned my son but are eager to attend to those speaking same language with them.

Don't turn the situation to tribal rivalry that is how they relate with everyone.
Re: My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out by heavensown: 10:36pm On Mar 16, 2023
Sad. What the poster probably did not realise is that you could pay 50k (according to them, for a private ward...) and you would get a bed space. The level of corruption in LUTH is unthinkable. If a patient needs blood transfusion, you have to bribe if not they will say there is no blood. It's terrible. All this we got to know because we had an insider who opened up to us about the system. So I can imagine if you go there not knowing anyone. This story touches my heart as I'm speaking from experience. My sister died in LUTH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mkpį»„rį»„mmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? / What Makes You Snore? / Genotype: Is It Possible For Doctors To Make Mistakes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.