Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,573 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour (49459 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Will Learn That Power Does Not Come From Bourdillon – Kenneth Okonkwo / Osun 2022: Adeleke's Campaign Team Says Sanwo-Olu Will End Up Like Oyetola / Babajide Sanwo-olu Will Use Armoured Range Rover Sentinel SUV As Official Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by lhordspy: 5:22pm On Mar 16, 2023
“The future is open to you. God will not kill you. Please, don’t relent after this contest but I am fully behind Sanwo-Olu,” he told Rhodes-Vivour during his visitation to the king's Palace.

Oba of Lagos Rilwan Akiolu on Thursday commended the Governorship Candidate of the Labour Party, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour, for coming out to contest because he has every right to do so.

However, the monarch empathically said that his support is for Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu who he projects to win the election on Saturday, March 18.

Speaking during the visit of the LP candidate to the monarch’s palace, Akiolu, who prayed for Rhodes-Vivour and wish him well in his future endeavours, maintained that there was nothing wrong with Rhodes-Vivour vying.

The monarch said that he has a bright future but this election is not for him to win.

“Please, don’t relent after this contest but I am fully behind Sanwo-Olu,” he told Rhodes-Vivour.

Akiolu commended Sanwo-Olu for the many giant strides he has recorded as governor, noting he became governor as the most difficult time in the state.

“I am not an hero worshipper and gossiper. For Gbadebo, the future is open to you. God will not kill you, there is nothing wrong in you contesting. All of those contesting are my children.

“I pray by the authority in this palace, God should help us to turn the state better. There is no way I can hate the igbos because they are among my best friend.”

The monarch doused the fears expressed by some residents that there would be violence during the election.

He added: “By the grace of God, there would be no trouble. All the false prophets, I am just looking at them. Everything is in the hands of God and within six months of Tinubu, there would be glaring progress.”

Akiolu implored all residents of the state to come out to vote and be peaceful in performing their rights.

He also noted that the majority of politicians are after personal benefits and not after improving society or serving the people.
https://guardian.ng/news/rhodes-vivour-has-every-right-to-contest-but-sanwo-olu-will-win-oba-of-lagos/?

121 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by lhordspy: 5:23pm On Mar 16, 2023
“I am not an hero worshipper and gossiper. For Gbadebo, the future is open to you. God will not kill you, there is nothing wrong in you contesting. All of those contesting are my children. I pray by the authority in this palace, God should help us to turn the state better. There is no way I can hate the igbos because they are among my best friend.”

Very wise elderly man.
Whenever i see people talking down on this man. Especially the south easterners, I just laugh at the disrespect. I am not a fan of him, but he is one of the wisest and straightforward elder-man one can find anywhere in Nigeria today.

I remember few days after the declaration of the presidential result and Ezeife, an elder-stateman, a Cheiftain from the Southeast. Someone the younger ones should be looking upto was asked on AriseTV about his expectation of Tinubu's presidency and how he feels the south easterners should be represented. The only thing that came out of this man's mouth was: 'Tinubu will never be sworn-in, and if he is sworn-in, it means there will never be Nigeria, this country will sc@tter'.

So much hatred, contempt, disdain, venom in an elderly man like that. The mischieveous Arisetv host that probably planned the whole thing to heat up the already tensed emotions on ground by interviewing such person knowing too well his hateful nature was even trying to calm him down, he still refused in saying anything tangible. Except this country must break.

You can never measure wisdom by age. I wish the southeasterners can pay more attention to their elder-statemen who are fanning war and disunity, instead of focusing on what is happening the southwest.

252 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by bennybuhari: 5:23pm On Mar 16, 2023
Why didn't he tell him not to waste his time as he told Jimi Agbaje then?

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by Dentidon: 5:24pm On Mar 16, 2023
He should go and try at councilor level. Let see what he will do there before anything..

Hating Yoruba while wanting to lead them dey give me headache though.

234 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by lhordspy: 5:24pm On Mar 16, 2023
bennybuhari:
Why didn't he tell him not to waste his time as he told Jimi Agbaje then?

When? All these rumour-monger. That is how you carry fake news from one places to another.

110 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by Ofunaofu: 5:25pm On Mar 16, 2023
Is it not the same Oba that was chased away, his staff taken away by his subjects during the Endsars protests

The Oba has every right to support whomsoever he so wishes but the power to elect a new governor lies in the hands of Lagosians

404 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by Adeolaeniola(m): 5:26pm On Mar 16, 2023
That's good from the monarch

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by BlackAdams007: 5:26pm On Mar 16, 2023
Lol, any how sha.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 16, 2023
The Oba is a Tinubu's beneficiary so no surprise there. He is free to support his candidate.

135 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by chibrolex(m): 5:28pm On Mar 16, 2023
hmmmm. But the monarch was open to him,i like that.

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by FisifunKododada: 5:28pm On Mar 16, 2023
I disagree with the Oba. Chinedu who hates Yoruba people with every fiber in his being does NOT have a future in Yoruba politics. Some people say he should go and be councilor first. If he wins even councilor I will make sure the Yoruba hater is impeached faster thn the speed of light. Ordinary adviser to lga chairman he will not see in Yorubaland.

Also, his father better go and do DNA. Because I don't understand how your so called son will hate his father's people this much.

218 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by Faber(m): 5:28pm On Mar 16, 2023
God go shame this Oba on Saturday...and this guy no go send am message till his 8yrs as Lagos governor.

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by dgmoni123(m): 5:29pm On Mar 16, 2023
Don't know why people are pushing this guy...I know he has every right to contest.but let's be sincere to ourselves BOS deserved a second term.

101 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by SHIVA001: 5:29pm On Mar 16, 2023
Oba told him that he is still immature and chasing shadows 😭😭😭😭. Oga go line up.

99 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by Proudlyomonna: 5:29pm On Mar 16, 2023
Dentidon:
He should go and try at councilor level. Let see what he will do before anything..

Hating Yoruba while wanting to lead them dey give me headache though.

Anyone who stands against Apc becomes a Yoruba hater automatically,that's how the evil Apc Structure of fifth columnist roll.
Eko lo kan ba yi.
The Oba has only one Vote.
Gbadebo does not have the political godfather backup,He doesn't have the backup of PdAPC evil Structure,but We the masses of Lagos and the host,who are tired of this reign of thuggery will troop out to form Structure for Him.
Eko lo kan.
Up Labour.

107 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by Dreal1247: 5:30pm On Mar 16, 2023
Power has been given to the people. Oba did not welcome Obi, yet Obi won Lagos state. The future is here. The masses are behind you.

181 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by BurialGround: 5:30pm On Mar 16, 2023
wink

Inconsequential Oba that has no political or traditional relevance in Lagos.

Power belongs to God and He'll definitely give it to CHINEDU 1 OF YORUBA LAND.

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by aariwa(m): 5:31pm On Mar 16, 2023
The only partisan traditional ruler in Nigeria

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by Goodmarlian: 5:31pm On Mar 16, 2023
What if the people choose him with their votes? Una go rigg am abi?

29 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by Dentidon: 5:31pm On Mar 16, 2023
Proudlyomonna:

Anyone who stands against Apc becomes a Yoruba hater automatically,that's how the evil Apc Structure of fifth columnist roll.
Eko lo kan ba yi.
The Oba has only one Vote.
Gbadebo does not have the political godfather backup,He doesn't have the backup of PdAPC evil Structure,but We the masses of Lagos and the host,who are tired of this reign of thuggery will troop out to form Structure for Him.
Eko lo kan.
Up Labour.

Says an Ipob miscreant. Will you keep quiet? Like you haven't been seeing the trash which that Chinedu has been tweeting about Yoruba

75 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by colorsofrainbow: 5:33pm On Mar 16, 2023
lhordspy:

That's why Peter Obi didn't visit him but Peter smashed thiefnubuu handsdown in same Lagos even after the Oba dismissed Peter Obi. He will dance a different tune when GRV wins. Nothing to worry

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 16, 2023
Very bold oba. That’s the truth.

115 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by LadyExcellency: 5:34pm On Mar 16, 2023
Political monarch.

Thank goodness, he didn't vow to drown Igbos in Lagoon. It is now one man, one vote. The majority wins, no tribe or ethnicity.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by BurialGround: 5:34pm On Mar 16, 2023
Dentidon:

Says an Ipob miscreant. Will you keep quiet? Like you haven't been seeing the trash which that Chinedu has been tweeting about Yoruba

The trash is far better than your oba saying that Lagos doesn't belong to the Yorubas but Benin.

12 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by oyin44: 5:34pm On Mar 16, 2023
Ihordspy,

It seems like you don't really know these people....see

hate is the food their mothers used to nurture them right from the womb..

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by FisifunKododada: 5:34pm On Mar 16, 2023
Goodmarlian:
What if the people choose him with their votes? Una go rigg am abi?

If he by accident gets elected, we will impeach him. There is no way a Yoruba hater will rule us in Yorubaland.

112 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 16, 2023
Faber:
God go shame this Oba on Saturday...and this guy no go send am message till his 8yrs as Lagos governor.

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by Goodmarlian: 5:36pm On Mar 16, 2023
FisifunKododada:

If he by accident gets elected, we will impeach him. There is no way a Yoruba hater will rule us in Yorubaland.
Yoruba hater?
That guy looks more yoruba than most of you omoale.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by Proudlyomonna: 5:37pm On Mar 16, 2023
Dentidon:

It will not be well with you and your ipob grin
See this senseless kiddo wrecking his future with tribal hate cheesy you think se na everybody dey follow una do mumu Tribal hate and gbasgbos,I don't do that shit boy!! E get watin Person dey pass.
Continue to fix your mind on propaganda.
We the well meaning Lagosians from all Tribes stand with awon omo Ibile Eko to say
Eko lo kan ba yi.
Up Labour.
Shun Tribal hate.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by Beremx(f): 5:38pm On Mar 16, 2023
Oba wey run comot for palace during ENDSARS. Someone who has lost his respect.

Mtscheew

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-olu Will Win But The Future Is Open To You.– Oba Of Lagos To Rhodes-vivour by IrepChrist: 5:38pm On Mar 16, 2023
Good

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Okada, Keke Ban: Occupy Lagos Releases Rules For Tomorrow's Protest / See The Massive Turnout Of Voters In Kano (Photos) / Niger Delta Militants Threaten War Should Jonathan Lose Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.