Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,887 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

ICPC: 24 State Governors Are Corrupt! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ICPC: 24 State Governors Are Corrupt! (1936 Views)

Governors Are Importing Illegal Arms With Private-Jets / List Of Nigeria's Current State Governors In 2011-2015 Term / 'All Nigerians Are Corrupt', Says Oprah Winfrey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ICPC: 24 State Governors Are Corrupt! by Mariory(m): 3:48am On Mar 02, 2006
Stated by the ICPC:

"The Independent Corrupt Practices and Related offences Commission disclosed Wednesday that 24 state governors have been investigated and found to be neck deep in corruption.

"Chairman of the Commission, Justice Emmanuel Olayinka Ayoola, who made the disclosure during his inaugural press briefing in Abuja did not, however, name the affected governors, but hinted that investigation had been launched into the controversial National Rural Electrification Board’s project in Enugu.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2006/mar/02/national%20-2-03-2006-002.htm
Re: ICPC: 24 State Governors Are Corrupt! by ababoy1(m): 11:12am On Mar 02, 2006
Just 24?

There is still hope then, Unless the others are supporting the third term agenda, Just me being disparaging smiley
Re: ICPC: 24 State Governors Are Corrupt! by LoverBwoy(m): 2:24pm On Mar 02, 2006
why dont they name n shame them or inform the people what they have done wrong,

what immunity discussed during the contitutional reform conference or whatever its called?
Re: ICPC: 24 State Governors Are Corrupt! by Missworld(f): 3:24pm On Mar 02, 2006
I'm convinced that more than 90% of our Nigerian governors are corrupted. It's even a bigger corruption when the nation hides information from it's own people.
Re: ICPC: 24 State Governors Are Corrupt! by Mariory(m): 3:41pm On Mar 02, 2006
I expect most Governors are for third term. I've seen a couple repeating what the general public want to hear and telling the Federal Government to step down in 2007. But how many of them have actually disapproved of amending the constitution to include a third term?
Re: ICPC: 24 State Governors Are Corrupt! by toshmann(m): 12:00am On Mar 03, 2006
if they are serious,let them give us the names of the stealing governors.
Re: ICPC: 24 State Governors Are Corrupt! by Mariory(m): 1:53pm On Mar 03, 2006
They can't do that because the governors are immune under the current constitution.
Re: ICPC: 24 State Governors Are Corrupt! by Missworld(f): 4:09pm On Mar 03, 2006
Mariory:

They can't do that because the governors are immune under the current constitution.
Are u kidding me? If so then they might as well immune hard core criminals but I frankly don't understand that type of government. It's so unfortunate that our leaders don't really care about their people.
Re: ICPC: 24 State Governors Are Corrupt! by DivineOke(f): 10:42pm On Mar 03, 2006
I doubt that there is a single governor in Nigeria who is not corrupt. Even the people investigating them are corrupt. sad The head itself is corrupt.

Who's the head? Shh! I didn't say a thing.
Re: ICPC: 24 State Governors Are Corrupt! by Aduraseyi(f): 2:10pm On Mar 06, 2006
24 out of 36?dat is, undecided undecided can we know d 24 state governors?
Re: ICPC: 24 State Governors Are Corrupt! by wadner1: 4:29pm On Mar 06, 2006
they are the same bunch of idiots!
Re: ICPC: 24 State Governors Are Corrupt! by LoverBwoy(m): 5:14pm On Mar 06, 2006
Mariory:

but they arrested alameseigh* and are battling dariye of jos,
Re: ICPC: 24 State Governors Are Corrupt! by Missworld(f): 8:27pm On Mar 06, 2006
They are playing politics on their people. I bet whomever they are arresting now are those that didn't or wouldn't vote for the third term crap so they are trying to gather and luck them up where their voices won't be heard.
Again I'm sure more than 90% of our governors are corrupted so making couple of arrests ain't enough. They might as well luck them all up but noooooooooo! cos then no one will vote or rather their won't be great support soooooooo they will just get ride of those that will spoil their party before it's too late therefore they come up with stupid reason or whatever just to shut them up.
Re: ICPC: 24 State Governors Are Corrupt! by toshmann(m): 10:54am On Mar 09, 2006
Missworld:

Again I'm sure more than 90% of our governors are corrupted so making couple of arrests ain't enough.

why are u being economic with the reality.

100% of them are corrupt.
Re: ICPC: 24 State Governors Are Corrupt! by Mariory(m): 6:32pm On Mar 09, 2006
LoverBwoy:

but they arrested alameseigh* and are battling dariye of jos,

Both of these Governors jumped bail in a foreign country. Why do you think Governors no longer travel out of the country?
Re: ICPC: 24 State Governors Are Corrupt! by Ebano(m): 2:22am On Mar 13, 2006
AHHHHH!!! 24 state  governors only ? Thats not correct! They are all corrupt !!!!!!!!!! They have been stealing and looting govt money and will continue to steal and loot govt  money with reckless abandon unless the immunity granted to these thieves who call themselves governors is completly removed so that they can be tried and sent to jail if found guilty . Nigeria has been rated as the worlds most corrupt country by america and the rest of the western world but they still allow corrupt governors to continue to dump billions of stolen  dollas in these foreign banks! THAT SHOULD STOP! The cases of 2 nigerian state governors arrested in london should serve as deterrent to other stealing governors!
Re: ICPC: 24 State Governors Are Corrupt! by Odeku(m): 3:56pm On Mar 19, 2006
My goodness, Nigerians are doomed for ever, if indeed 24 out of 36 governors are corrupt? how many ministers are in the same boat? we need to pray for a Saviour
Re: ICPC: 24 State Governors Are Corrupt! by Seun(m): 12:26pm On Mar 20, 2006
If they can prosecute those 24 at least there will be sanity during the next political administration.
Re: ICPC: 24 State Governors Are Corrupt! by toshmann(m): 7:02pm On Mar 20, 2006
well,i'm inclined to agree with seun. at least we can start somewhere
Re: ICPC: 24 State Governors Are Corrupt! by otokx(m): 2:19pm On Mar 24, 2006
is it only 24? Haba which kind life?
Re: ICPC: 24 State Governors Are Corrupt! by toshmann(m): 10:27pm On Mar 24, 2006
it is actually 35 current governors.
anambra governor is yet to eat the apple(he will soon,though)
Re: ICPC: 24 State Governors Are Corrupt! by Missworld(f): 2:29am On Mar 26, 2006
toshmann:

it is actually 35 current governors.
anambra governor is yet to eat the apple(he will soon,though)

Big laugh. That new governor has been eating it but just that he's yet to eat the big bite.

(1) (Reply)

Maasaba’s 86 Wives, Children Protest, Invade House Of Assembly - Husband Asks Co / Almanjeris Take Over Lagos / Punch On The Web:federal Executive Council May Be Dissolved Next Week.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.