Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:57 PM

Crystal Palace Sack Patrick Vieira After A String Of Bad Results - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Crystal Palace Sack Patrick Vieira After A String Of Bad Results (15509 Views)

Wayne Rooney, Patrick Vieira Inducted Into PL 2022 Hall Of Fame (video, Pics) / Crystal Palace Appoints Patrick Vieira As New Manager / BREAKING: Crystal Palace Sack Frank De Boer After 77 Days As Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crystal Palace Sack Patrick Vieira After A String Of Bad Results by chokekachy: 9:37am On Mar 17, 2023
https://www.nairaland.com/6634076/crystal-palace-appoints-patrick-vieira#103358198
(Vieira was appointed on July 04, 2021)

Crystal Palace Football Club can confirm that Patrick Vieira has left his post as First Team Manager.

Three members of Patrick’s coaching staff - Osian Roberts, Kristian Wilson and Saïd Aïgoun - have also left the club.

Chairman Steve Parish said: “It is with enormous regret that this difficult decision has been made. Ultimately, results in recent months have placed us in a precarious league position and we felt a change is necessary to give us the best chance of retaining Premier League status.

"That said, Patrick’s impact since joining us in the summer of 2021 has been significant, and he is held in the highest regard by myself, and all of his colleagues. He led the team to a Wembley FA Cup semi-final and respectable 12th placed finish last season playing some exciting football, which was a challenging and crucial campaign for the club given the changes we made to the squad prior to his arrival.

"Patrick has given his all to the club, and we all thank him and his team for their service.

“We also wish Patrick, Osian, Kristian and Saïd the very best for their futures.”

The process to appoint a new manager is underway, and we will provide an update in due course. Dean Kiely will remain as goalkeeping coach.

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/announcement/club-statement-patrick-vieira/

2 Shares

Re: Crystal Palace Sack Patrick Vieira After A String Of Bad Results by Tribal: 9:55am On Mar 17, 2023
I've observed this many times and I think it is time for me to retire from here. Someone tell me why I'm the Most Mentioned UserName on Nairaland.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crystal Palace Sack Patrick Vieira After A String Of Bad Results by Reportbutton: 9:55am On Mar 17, 2023
Bring in someone who can do the job...
Reason why Nigerians vote TINUBU a man who Sabi

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Crystal Palace Sack Patrick Vieira After A String Of Bad Results by Tymk: 9:55am On Mar 17, 2023
A football coach and a football player cant be the same . Stop making mr b do the job of Mr c

3 Likes

Re: Crystal Palace Sack Patrick Vieira After A String Of Bad Results by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 17, 2023
Classic.

They do not want to give new premier league club managers time, they want instant results.

It's not like Palace was in the relegation zone...yet.

Honestly if someone like Ferguson (who won nothing in his first three seasons with Man U ) was starting out today, he would have been sacked....and no one would have known he was a good coach.

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Crystal Palace Sack Patrick Vieira After A String Of Bad Results by Elove1: 9:55am On Mar 17, 2023
Omo wahala
Re: Crystal Palace Sack Patrick Vieira After A String Of Bad Results by Emmastan291: 9:55am On Mar 17, 2023
There are two kinds of Managers

Those waiting to be sacked and the sacked ones...

Goodluck to Patrick Vieria on his future endeavours..

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crystal Palace Sack Patrick Vieira After A String Of Bad Results by ebuk4real(m): 9:55am On Mar 17, 2023
shocked

Tinubu will be sacked too by the courts. Watch it

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Crystal Palace Sack Patrick Vieira After A String Of Bad Results by Justpd: 9:56am On Mar 17, 2023
.nawa ooo.
Crystal Palace go play arsenal next.
Una go sack coach, now the new manager will love to prove a point against arsenal.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Crystal Palace Sack Patrick Vieira After A String Of Bad Results by Millimann: 9:56am On Mar 17, 2023
Eyaaa....

The only black coach in the EPL, if I am not mistaken.

7 Likes

Re: Crystal Palace Sack Patrick Vieira After A String Of Bad Results by Abusadiq01(m): 9:56am On Mar 17, 2023
Ok

1 Like

Re: Crystal Palace Sack Patrick Vieira After A String Of Bad Results by Lorechino(m): 9:56am On Mar 17, 2023
I thought I was first to comment, e go good nothing is permanent, but ur actions are, be good do good but expect no good in return that's the only way of keeping doing good

1 Like

Re: Crystal Palace Sack Patrick Vieira After A String Of Bad Results by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 17, 2023
ebuk4real:
shocked

Tinubu will be sacked too by the courts. Watch it

The politics page is right this way sir...

7 Likes

Re: Crystal Palace Sack Patrick Vieira After A String Of Bad Results by Reportbutton: 9:58am On Mar 17, 2023
Incompetence out, track record in...
OBI= Patrick vieira out..... Tinubu in
, Winner 🏆

2 Likes

Re: Crystal Palace Sack Patrick Vieira After A String Of Bad Results by olisefom: 9:59am On Mar 17, 2023
Normal.

It's expected.
Re: Crystal Palace Sack Patrick Vieira After A String Of Bad Results by Illegal1(m): 9:59am On Mar 17, 2023
Omoh.....i no lyk dis news at all at all..

i dn already play them to lose against arsenal ooh,i no wn hear say dis new coach draw or win his 1st game against arsenal..

4 Likes

Re: Crystal Palace Sack Patrick Vieira After A String Of Bad Results by Gboom: 9:59am On Mar 17, 2023
Crystal Palace has always being a struggling team with their spoiler role in the premier league.

1 Like

Re: Crystal Palace Sack Patrick Vieira After A String Of Bad Results by Samueltemi337(m): 10:00am On Mar 17, 2023
So no more black coach for EPL

5 Likes

Re: Crystal Palace Sack Patrick Vieira After A String Of Bad Results by Adedotguy: 10:00am On Mar 17, 2023
angry

Sacked
Re: Crystal Palace Sack Patrick Vieira After A String Of Bad Results by Tinubuwillnotru: 10:00am On Mar 17, 2023
Being a great player doesn't necessarily mean you going to become a good coach.you have my respect anytime any day sir.. one of the best dm to ever play the game..if not the best ever

6 Likes

Re: Crystal Palace Sack Patrick Vieira After A String Of Bad Results by stillme231: 10:01am On Mar 17, 2023
The players self need sacking
Re: Crystal Palace Sack Patrick Vieira After A String Of Bad Results by Lukuluku69(m): 10:02am On Mar 17, 2023
chokekachy:
https://www.nairaland.com/6634076/crystal-palace-appoints-patrick-vieira#103358198
(Vieira was appointed on July 04, 2021)

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/announcement/club-statement-patrick-vieira/

12 Games and winless? He had it coming.

Though he was not backed by the Palace Board in like two Transfer windows now. Palace always relying on Wilfred Zaha to make things happen.

Zaha will soon leave them to go and collect is Retirement Pay in Arabia soon. That is when they will know what is up.

My only concern is my Arsenal now. We face Crystal Palace next and the curse of a Manager less Team is real. I just hope and pray we wack them come Sunday 19 March.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crystal Palace Sack Patrick Vieira After A String Of Bad Results by Illegal1(m): 10:02am On Mar 17, 2023
Justpd:
.nawa ooo.
Crystal Palace go play arsenal next.
Una go sack coach, now the new manager will love to prove a point against arsenal.

omoh.....na wetin i jst dey talk be dis ooh,and i dn already play arsenal wining for all my 3 ticket.

which kind wahala be dis...

3 Likes

Re: Crystal Palace Sack Patrick Vieira After A String Of Bad Results by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 17, 2023
Emmastan291:
There are two kinds of Managers

Those waiting to be sacked and the sacked ones...

Goodluck to Patrick Vieria on his future endeavours..

Exactly, and the ones waiting to be sacked include those who are 'doing well'.
Re: Crystal Palace Sack Patrick Vieira After A String Of Bad Results by bewla(m): 10:03am On Mar 17, 2023
Try
Re: Crystal Palace Sack Patrick Vieira After A String Of Bad Results by Oboto700(m): 10:03am On Mar 17, 2023
Tinubuwillnotru:
Being a great player doesn't necessarily mean you going to become a good coach.you have my respect anytime any day sir.. one of the best dm to ever play the game..if not the best ever
yes dude was so good.. wishing him all the best
Re: Crystal Palace Sack Patrick Vieira After A String Of Bad Results by Belleful: 10:04am On Mar 17, 2023
I hope a repeat of Everton vs arsenal do not happen again o...

1 Like

Re: Crystal Palace Sack Patrick Vieira After A String Of Bad Results by BurialGround: 10:06am On Mar 17, 2023
Tribal:
I've observed this many times and I think it is time for me to retire from here. Someone tell me why I'm the Most Mentioned UserName on Nairaland.

Respond to your mentions and clarify people on what you posted instead of ignoring them. Be responsible for once.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osimhen Confirmed Fit, In Training Today & Available For Selection Tomorrow / Ghana Vs Nigeria: Maduka Okoye To Miss W/cup qualifier Due To Illness / Super Falcons Thrash New Zealand 3-0, Extend Winning Streak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.