Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

God Is A Tester Not A Tempter - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is A Tester Not A Tempter (4487 Views)

The Tempter Wants To Make Vain Your Labor / Blame Self Not The Tempter / God Is Hungry And Dying Because We Are Starving Him Of Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 1:25pm On Mar 17, 2023
Many Christians do not know when to use the word ''Tempt'' and Test'' when relating them with God in their statement. In this article, we will explore the idea that God is not a tempter but a tester, with support from Bible verses.

Firstly, let us define the difference between temptation and testing. Temptation is an enticement or desire to do something that is morally or ethically wrong. Testing, on the other hand, is an examination or trial to evaluate one's abilities, character, or faithfulness.

James 1:13-14
states, "Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am being tempted by God," for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire."

This verse clearly states that God does not tempt anyone with evil. Instead, temptation comes from within us, as we are enticed by our own desires. Therefore, we cannot blame God for the temptations we face.

In Matthew 4:1, it is written, "Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil." Here, we see that Jesus was not tempted by God but instead led by the Holy Spirit to be tested by the devil. This testing was necessary for Jesus to show his obedience and faithfulness to God.

Similarly, in the story of Job, we see that God allowed Satan to test Job's faith. Job 1:12 states, "And the Lord said to Satan, 'Behold, all that he has is in your hand. Only against him do not stretch out your hand.' So Satan went out from the presence of the Lord."

Although God allowed Job to be tested, it was not a temptation. God did not entice Job to sin, but instead allowed Satan to test Job's faith and trust in Him. Job's faithfulness to God was ultimately proven in his response to his suffering, as he declared, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord" (Job 1:21).

In conclusion, the Bible clearly states that God is not a tempter but a tester. Just like the way engineers always put their approved machines to test so that the machines can get to work and be useful, so also God allows us to face trials and testing to refine our character and strengthen our faith, but He never tempts us to sin. It is up to us to resist temptation and remain faithful to God, as James 1:12 reminds us, "Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him."

HOW TO CONNECT WITH GOD

ACCEPT, BELIEVE AND FOLLOW JESUS.

John14:6
Jesus told him ' I am the way-
Yes, and the truth and the life. No one can GET to the father (GOD) except by means of me (JESUS ).

John14:1
Let not your heart be troubled. You are trust in God now trust in me ( JESUS ).

John15:23
Anyone that is hating me ( JESUS )
is hating the father (GOD)

Colossian 2: 10
So you have everything when you have Christ and you are filled with GOD through your union with CHRIST. He is the highest RULER, with authority over every other power.

2 Likes

Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by AntiChristian: 2:53pm On Mar 17, 2023
James 1:13-14 states, "Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am being tempted by God," for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire."

This verse clearly states that God does not tempt anyone with evil. Instead, temptation comes from within us, as we are enticed by our own desires. Therefore, we cannot blame God for the temptations we face.

Who tempted/Tested Job? Satan or God?

Who sent fireball to him in Job 1:16? Satan or God?

How was Job lured by his own desires when it was claimed that Job was righteous /blameless/shunned evil in Job 1:1.

Kindly expatiate as i am ignorant?

2 Likes

Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 8:04pm On Mar 17, 2023
AntiChristian:

How was Job lured by his own desires when it was claimed that Job was righteous /blameless/shunned evil in Job 1:1.

Anti-Christian are you a RIGHTEOUS person? Kindly expatiate am ignorant.
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by AntiChristian: 5:42am On Mar 18, 2023
Corrections:

Anti-Christian are you a RIGHTEOUS person? Kindly expatiate am ignorant.

This is not the questions I asked!
Or does holy spirit guide people to answer questions with another question?
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 8:00am On Mar 18, 2023
Good morning .....Nigeria
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 8:04am On Mar 18, 2023
AntiChristian:

You can ask JESUS CHRIST or the Bible whom you are against. You are assured you will get an answer.
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 10:00am On Mar 19, 2023
Happy Sunday...
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 10:01am On Mar 19, 2023
.... Happy Sunday...
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by correctguy101(m): 12:39pm On Mar 19, 2023
SMH

It's just word play.

Just like magic and miracle.
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 8:11am On Mar 20, 2023
Good day
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Michael548(m): 12:07pm On Mar 20, 2023
AntiChristian:

If you have read those passages from the bible, the answer should be clear that Satan did all of that.
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by AntiChristian: 12:12pm On Mar 20, 2023
Michael548:

If you have read those passages from the bible, the answer should be clear that Satan did all of that.

OP said otherwise!
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Michael548(m): 12:15pm On Mar 20, 2023
AntiChristian:

OP said otherwise!
Op is saying God was not responsible for the calamity that befell Job.
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by AntiChristian: 12:25pm On Mar 20, 2023
Michael548:

But God was directly responsible!
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Michael548(m): 12:29pm On Mar 20, 2023
AntiChristian:

But God was directly responsible!
How
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by AntiChristian: 12:56pm On Mar 20, 2023
Michael548:

How

God sent the fire in Job 1:16.
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Michael548(m): 1:28pm On Mar 20, 2023
AntiChristian:

God sent the fire in Job 1:16.
Was it God that said that or Job's servant?
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by AntiChristian: 1:48pm On Mar 20, 2023
Michael548:

Was it God that said that or Job's servant?

Yes, the servant said it. Or the servant lied that the fire came from heaven?
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Michael548(m): 1:53pm On Mar 20, 2023
AntiChristian:

Yes, the servant said it. Or the servant lied that the fire came from heaven?
So did the servant see God doing that or he assumed it was God since he saw the fire coming from above?

2 Likes

Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 8:03am On Mar 22, 2023
Michael548:

So did the servant see God doing that or he assumed it was God since he saw the fire coming from above?

God bless you.
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Michael548(m): 8:04am On Mar 22, 2023
Corrections:

God bless you.
Baba has ran away from answering my question oo....lol
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by jaephoenix(m): 11:12am On Mar 22, 2023
AntiChristian:

You're wasting your time with OP. That dude is a robot that doesn't think. He can't answer your question, only posts whatever his pastor tells him

1 Like

Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 8:04am On Mar 23, 2023
What a wonderful day.
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by jaephoenix(m): 10:01am On Mar 23, 2023
Michael548:

Yahweh wasn't responsible? Did you read the part he gave Satan the permission? Or do you chrissies chronically suffer from Tunnel Vision?
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 7:49am On Mar 24, 2023
What a wonderful day!!!!!!
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 12:10pm On Mar 25, 2023
WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY!!!
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 9:13am On Mar 26, 2023
Happy Sunday!!!
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 8:58am On Mar 27, 2023
gm
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 8:41am On Mar 28, 2023
what a wonderful day!!!
Re: God Is A Tester Not A Tempter by Corrections: 8:42am On Mar 28, 2023
what a wonderful day!!!...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Happy Easter To All Nairalanders / Arrogant Covid_19 Vaccines Supporter Dies From The Vaccine. / Issue Of God's Will In Marriage... Pls Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.