Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

EFCC Operatives Attacked, Injured By Alleged Vote Buyers In Kaduna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Operatives Attacked, Injured By Alleged Vote Buyers In Kaduna (20238 Views)

How Eze Chinedu Mozie Was Attacked, Injured In Lagos On Orders Of Oba Afeez / Arise News Crew Members Attacked & Injured At Elegushi Palace, Lagos (graphic) / Osun Election: PDP Agent Arrested For Alleged Vote-buying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Operatives Attacked, Injured By Alleged Vote Buyers In Kaduna by Ademola47(m): 5:06pm On Mar 18, 2023
EFCC Operatives Attacked, Injured By Alleged Vote Buyers In Kaduna

Reacting to the incident, Executive Chairman of the Commission, Abdulrasheed Bawa commended the operatives for exercising great restraint under extreme provocation.

Operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on election monitoring duty in Kaduna State today, March 18, 2023 came under attack at School Road, Unguwan Rimi Kaduna while attempting to arrest a suspected vote buyer.

The team, working on intelligence on the alleged activities of one Kabiru Musa who was seen in an amateur video allegedly inducing eligible voters by using his phone to transfer money into their accounts as they cast their votes, had mobilized to the scene to arrest the suspect.

However, immediately he was accosted by the operatives, Musa became unruly and screamed to attract the attention of his syndicate members, who descended on the operatives, using all manner of weapons that left some of them injured. It took great restraints for the operatives to ignore the unprovoked attack but insisted on arresting the suspect.

As the team drove away with the suspect, their vehicle was pelted with stones and other dangerous objects that damaged the windshield and three operatives suffered varying degrees of injuries in the process.

The injured operatives are currently receiving medical attention at the Medical Centre of the Kaduna Zonal Command, while the suspect is in custody, pending conclusion of the investigation.

It will be recalled that EFCC teams were similarly attacked during the presidential and national assembly elections, leaving some of its vehicles badly damaged.

Reacting to the incident, Executive Chairman of the Commission, Abdulrasheed Bawa commended the operatives for exercising great restraint under extreme provocation. He however appealed to the public to desist from attacking officers of the Commission as such action would no longer be tolerated.

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/03/18/efcc-operatives-attacked-injured-by-alleged-vote-buyers-in-kaduna/

File Photo

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Operatives Attacked, Injured By Alleged Vote Buyers In Kaduna by bazoodo: 5:07pm On Mar 18, 2023
Re: EFCC Operatives Attacked, Injured By Alleged Vote Buyers In Kaduna by doctore212(m): 5:11pm On Mar 18, 2023
Am happy I never went out to vote. Na olosho house I dey since yesterday and I go dey hear till they announce the result

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Operatives Attacked, Injured By Alleged Vote Buyers In Kaduna by HeartlessMan: 5:13pm On Mar 18, 2023
Tinubu fighting back.

20 Likes

Re: EFCC Operatives Attacked, Injured By Alleged Vote Buyers In Kaduna by N3TRAL: 5:13pm On Mar 18, 2023
Politics is local. Presidential elections are organised with decorum.

It's during Gubernatorial elections that all the degenerates of society have a good day at work.

Guess what? I totally enjoy the adventure 😂

Chopping my popcorn !

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Operatives Attacked, Injured By Alleged Vote Buyers In Kaduna by tolumizzy(m): 5:13pm On Mar 18, 2023
Na dem
Re: EFCC Operatives Attacked, Injured By Alleged Vote Buyers In Kaduna by marlow1962(m): 5:13pm On Mar 18, 2023
Ok
Re: EFCC Operatives Attacked, Injured By Alleged Vote Buyers In Kaduna by NaijaOlosho(f): 5:13pm On Mar 18, 2023
grin grin

1 Like

Re: EFCC Operatives Attacked, Injured By Alleged Vote Buyers In Kaduna by princeade86(m): 5:13pm On Mar 18, 2023
Nigeria my country
Re: EFCC Operatives Attacked, Injured By Alleged Vote Buyers In Kaduna by raskymonojendor: 5:13pm On Mar 18, 2023
Sorry oo
Re: EFCC Operatives Attacked, Injured By Alleged Vote Buyers In Kaduna by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 5:13pm On Mar 18, 2023
Too bad
Re: EFCC Operatives Attacked, Injured By Alleged Vote Buyers In Kaduna by SenatePresdo(m): 5:14pm On Mar 18, 2023
From today till the end of time, even if person place a gun on my head, I will never go out to vote in Nigeria again grin

I'm glad I voted for once in my life, even though Nigeria and INEC failed me.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Operatives Attacked, Injured By Alleged Vote Buyers In Kaduna by flexyrule(m): 5:14pm On Mar 18, 2023
Oh
Re: EFCC Operatives Attacked, Injured By Alleged Vote Buyers In Kaduna by Frayoworld(m): 5:14pm On Mar 18, 2023
Family business
Re: EFCC Operatives Attacked, Injured By Alleged Vote Buyers In Kaduna by SultanOfPuna: 5:14pm On Mar 18, 2023
I want to assure my fellow Nigerians

Nigeria is HELL

Once you die as a Nigerian

You will go to Heaven straight!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Operatives Attacked, Injured By Alleged Vote Buyers In Kaduna by b0rn2fuck(m): 5:14pm On Mar 18, 2023
doctore212:
Am happy I never went out to vote. Na olosho house I dey since yesterday and I go dey hear till they announce the result
continue playing with your future

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Operatives Attacked, Injured By Alleged Vote Buyers In Kaduna by Tannhauser(m): 5:14pm On Mar 18, 2023
doctore212:
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Sharp man! 👍👍👍
Re: EFCC Operatives Attacked, Injured By Alleged Vote Buyers In Kaduna by baralatie(m): 5:15pm On Mar 18, 2023
Governor elections is always brutal Sha
Pipu and supporters undecided

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Operatives Attacked, Injured By Alleged Vote Buyers In Kaduna by unclejb2(m): 5:15pm On Mar 18, 2023
The only hope for APC to win any election in any part of Nigeria is by thuggery, violence, bloodshed, intimidation, vote buying and manipulation.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Operatives Attacked, Injured By Alleged Vote Buyers In Kaduna by atdscentofwater: 5:15pm On Mar 18, 2023
hmmmmm
Re: EFCC Operatives Attacked, Injured By Alleged Vote Buyers In Kaduna by udemzyudex(m): 5:15pm On Mar 18, 2023
Na empty hand dem take go there?
Re: EFCC Operatives Attacked, Injured By Alleged Vote Buyers In Kaduna by Houseofglam7(f): 5:16pm On Mar 18, 2023
shocked
Re: EFCC Operatives Attacked, Injured By Alleged Vote Buyers In Kaduna by Neckpresser101: 5:16pm On Mar 18, 2023
Hahahaha

No doubt poverty is the way they use to keep the people under their control

Keep them poor

Buy their votes

The circle continues

Why are Igbos promoted as rude and disrespectful

Because they have the lowest poverty index rate in the country

So SE are not easily swayed

The biggest disappointment in the south is the west

I pray they stop supporting thuggery if not it will spell doom to the political relevance they're having now

You cannot allow a party turn all of you to hamas over night

7 Likes

Re: EFCC Operatives Attacked, Injured By Alleged Vote Buyers In Kaduna by Okorietitus: 5:16pm On Mar 18, 2023
doctore212:

Just remain there o.
Obidients in trouble, Mandate in disarray.
Ellupee dey chop sand for everywhere o.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Operatives Attacked, Injured By Alleged Vote Buyers In Kaduna by Felabrity: 5:16pm On Mar 18, 2023
Even EFCC operative
Re: EFCC Operatives Attacked, Injured By Alleged Vote Buyers In Kaduna by factcheckmmm: 5:16pm On Mar 18, 2023
Thank God the event are playing out.

Disintegration of this contraption is at hand

If you are a non indigene and you are being targeted.. please start making arrangements

Don't listen to any fake balablu pastors

Start making arrangements

The evil days is ahead

Example
Igbo people in Lagos State

May God help you all

isan:
i think after this election, there will be a bill that say you can only vote in your own region of origin

At least they will also be a bill to seperate the country

1 Like

Re: EFCC Operatives Attacked, Injured By Alleged Vote Buyers In Kaduna by leofab(f): 5:17pm On Mar 18, 2023

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buratai Takes 6.5km Walk With Olympic Committee:pic / Pat Utomi: Success Adegor Video Shows Delta Government Has No Shame / Buhari, El-Rufai, Leave For Senegal For President Macky Sall's Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.