Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. (34698 Views)

Edo 2020: DSS Arrests APC Supporter For Vote-Buying In Edo (Pictures) / Panic Buying In Kano Ahead Of 7-Day Lockdown / APC Lied! Our Convention Wasn’t Marred With Vote Buying – PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by duro4chang(m): 9:39pm On Mar 18, 2023
Labour party and PDPare brothers
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 18, 2023
Well, that is why I am amused with Nigerians.

Nigerians do not want good governance, they want their side to win, and will do anything to accept their side winning.

The one that even annoys me pass is the 'We are poor' answer given anytime positive change is suggested. Don't sell your vote...we are poor. Vote for sensible economic policies...we are poor. Don't sell your conscience...we are poor. And so on and so forth.

At the end, Nigerians will end vote buying when they want it to end, not when the government wants it to end.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Kasdat5(m): 9:40pm On Mar 18, 2023
dfrost:

Mandela says 'hi'

Mandela would be weeping now , seeing what the south Africa he fought for has become .
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by meum: 9:40pm On Mar 18, 2023
They sold your vote on credit😂

1k cash alert for the balance later😂
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by chaloskyx: 9:41pm On Mar 18, 2023
Lol i cant and would never complain that's why i relocated out of Naija so i leave the rest to freedom fighters like you
Kobonaire4:

Good, next time, don't complain when Buhari, tinubu and all of them mess up. You have accepted their bad governance.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by untainted: 9:41pm On Mar 18, 2023
Your first name please

Elistho:

Access Bank

Thank you in anticipation.
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by lolu2019: 9:43pm On Mar 18, 2023
Elistho:
In the presidential elections, a few others and I were disenfranchised because of unit problems, I went to the polling unit by 7AM, I waited till 5PM but couldn't vote. INEC arrived by 2:30PM after choas that day, I went home tired and frustrated.

Today, I wasn't in my polling unit, I took risk and traveled from my state capital to my location today. The road was so dry, Military everywhere, no public transport, I almost urinated in my cloths at the sight of armed forces men... I waited and luckily saw a bus, I ran to enter, we took a bush track... We were all scared, it wasn't easy this morning...

I arrived my unit, my neighbor asked me if I'm voting PDP, I was shocked, this is someone we both agreed to vote YPP, because he's a better candidate, she had been bought over with money... She directed me on what to do and who to meet to get my 5k there.

I queued, voted and step aside. The police man was bribed, he gave party agents way to stand and look at the votes cast, if it's PDP, they take you to the backyard, write your name and account number, expect 5k while they give you 1k as initial thank you.

I wasn't too shocked, this was the system... I wanted the money so badly, I was even laughed at... Coupled with my suffering today, plus during the presidentials everyone collected except me... Today, I can't boast of a thousand naira but I stood by grounds for the sake of equity and good conscience.

PDP won the unit, with a wide margin.. I was vexed... I came back home, even posted on my WhatsApp, I'm being laughed at, and I began wondering when doing good turned to a thing of mockery now....

I pray God opens a way for me so I can keep closing my eyes when I see money like this, as a student, 6k is way too much in this economy... But we move. On God.

This is me feeling fulfilled knowing I can criticize this governmet for the next four years with good conscience.

PDP will win in Akwa Ibom State as usual, but it's trash. But I know they're people like me, God bless you.
a lot of patience will take u there.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by RealEzee(m): 9:43pm On Mar 18, 2023
U did well jor

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 18, 2023
Kasdat5:

Mandela would be weeping now , seeing what the south Africa he fought for has become .

Nothing Mandela could have done. Arphateid wrecked the education system for the black majoirty...meaning there was a large mass of undereducated black people by 1994, who had no jobs and no sustainable living, which meant that Mandela had to create a massive welfare program for them...which is why SA is struggling now.

That is why racisim is bad. If the whites when they were in charge had done what China did and invested in vocational and technical education at the very least, instead of the riddiculous restrictive polices they did, by now, SA would have been an industrial powerhouse...and the workshop of the world.
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Pat081: 9:45pm On Mar 18, 2023
foxman04:
You missed on both sides mean

Whoever still thinks his/her votes count in a jungle-like Nigeria needs to be flogged with matchet
some vote still counts ask osun state people they will tell you that vote still count just that I have not heard from my friends about the results of the state house election of today from that state

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by dfrost: 9:45pm On Mar 18, 2023
Kasdat5:

Ooh, most definitely. But then he had done his part.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by RealEzee(m): 9:45pm On Mar 18, 2023
chaloskyx:
Lol i cant and would never complain that's why i relocated out of Naija so i leave the rest to freedom fighters like you
shebi wia u go dem don settle tins before u reach der ,if to say na so dem run liv dia side shey u go run dia now ? No dey downplay efforts of peeps trying to make naija a better place ,na one step at a time buddy.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by olakan22: 9:46pm On Mar 18, 2023
foxman04:
You missed on both sides mehn

Whoever still think his/her votes counts in a jungle like nigeria needs to be flogged with matchet

Mine counted.
My candidate of choice in the gubernatorial race is on course to victory.
And like Op said, vote counting and winning are different.
My vote counted and we are winning!
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Norwichsailor(m): 9:46pm On Mar 18, 2023
Bornbiafra:
Here at ibiono ..YPP sweeps all polling unit
Ayen ete mmi
Idung abadie?
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 18, 2023
chaloskyx:

But your family...extended family will suffer it.

So, don't complain at all, and don;t complain about Nigeria being a bad country...because you have accepted bad leadership.

Those of us who don't are going to keep on fighting or at least being the light that shines in the darkness, even if we are mocked by people like you.

Finally the countries you are relocating to...were once like Nigeriafor years, even centuries. That they are nice enough now is because of the same freedom fighters like us you mock.

Good evening, emigrant.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Elistho(m): 9:46pm On Mar 18, 2023
untainted:

Your first name please

Elisha

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by chimchim1(m): 9:46pm On Mar 18, 2023
Elistho:

Access Bank.

I just sent the 5k. Pls confirm it here

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 18, 2023
Elistho:

Access Bank.

Elistho,

Well done for voting your conscience I am sending an additional =N=5,000 for encouragement. Confirm here when received.

Well done.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by seanwilliam(m): 9:49pm On Mar 18, 2023
ahnie:
undecided
My husband n I stayed at home, because we felt no need going to vote because of rubbish like this.

good. So you both don’t have any right to criticize the government then

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by kingsclass: 9:49pm On Mar 18, 2023
Thanks for standing out from the crowd.Keep it up.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by tommy589(m): 9:50pm On Mar 18, 2023
Elistho:
In the presidential elections, a few others and I were disenfranchised because of unit problems, I went to the polling unit by 7AM, I waited till 5PM but couldn't vote. INEC arrived by 2:30PM after choas that day, I went home tired and frustrated.

Today, I wasn't in my polling unit, I took risk and traveled from my state capital to my location today. The road was so dry, Military everywhere, no public transport, I almost urinated in my cloths at the sight of armed forces men... I waited and luckily saw a bus, I ran to enter, we took a bush track... We were all scared, it wasn't easy this morning...

I arrived my unit, my neighbor asked me if I'm voting PDP, I was shocked, this is someone we both agreed to vote YPP, because he's a better candidate, she had been bought over with money... She directed me on what to do and who to meet to get my 5k there.

I queued, voted and step aside. The police man was bribed, he gave party agents way to stand and look at the votes cast, if it's PDP, they take you to the backyard, write your name and account number, expect 5k while they give you 1k as initial thank you.

I wasn't too shocked, this was the system... I wanted the money so badly, I was even laughed at... Coupled with my suffering today, plus during the presidentials everyone collected except me... Today, I can't boast of a thousand naira but I stood by grounds for the sake of equity and good conscience.

PDP won the unit, with a wide margin.. I was vexed... I came back home, even posted on my WhatsApp, I'm being laughed at, and I began wondering when doing good turned to a thing of mockery now....

I pray God opens a way for me so I can keep closing my eyes when I see money like this, as a student, 6k is way too much in this economy... But we move. On God.

This is me feeling fulfilled knowing I can criticize this governmet for the next four years with good conscience.

PDP will win in Akwa Ibom State as usual, but it's trash. But I know they're people like me, God bless you.

You did the right thing. Conscience helps in making a stand, that's why I also stopped voting since 1993

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Elistho(m): 9:50pm On Mar 18, 2023
chimchim1:

I just sent the 5k. Pls confirm it here
I've seen it, thank you very much sir. God bless you, I'm grateful... I didn't expect this....

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Tee2027: 9:51pm On Mar 18, 2023
Keep your experience bro. We have move.............
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Fredmillionair: 9:52pm On Mar 18, 2023
God will help us
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Nauttyprof(m): 9:53pm On Mar 18, 2023
The Ibos won't rush to this post and speak of the evil in their states and call their fellow man all sort of names. When it comes to other states, they are quick to call names.
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by SharpD: 9:53pm On Mar 18, 2023
Elistho:

All this long epistle about YPP candidate that was a member off PDP and only recently moved to YPP after being denied ticket. How is someone that was recently convicted for corrupt practices during his time as commissioner under PDP better than any other candidate for that matter?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by KINGS100(m): 9:53pm On Mar 18, 2023
Your brain must be working backward. Yoruba I.e MC Oluoma threatened Igbos on video.

APC thugs I.e Yorubas. Threaten and beat people who went to exercise their franchise.

Yoruba are chanting hate on Igbo everyday online and offline.

All of a sudden it's Igbos that are inciting violence and hate. Even Devil go fear you in this insincerity. No other tribe in this country or any region today is profiling others not even in the South East. Only Yoruba in Lagos are profiling Igbo people who haven't committed any crime. Yet it's Igbo inciting and causing hate. We are watching.

Meti99:
With all the hatred and incitements coming from the people of south eastern Nigeria over elections in another man's land, I begin to see reasons why IPOB is the 10th TERRORIST organisation in the world...

Fear no who no fear Ibos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by chimchim1(m): 9:54pm On Mar 18, 2023
e author=Elistho post=121859464] I've seen it, thank you very much sir. God bless you, I'm grateful... I didn't expect this.... [/quote]
U send ur contact here hailtonylee@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by ahnie: 9:54pm On Mar 18, 2023
seanwilliam:
good. So you both don’t have any right to criticize the government then
Noted sir.
Re: My Experience With Vote Buying In Akwa Ibom State. by Ashibelieve: 9:54pm On Mar 18, 2023
You are on your part to sickening. Same way you will make hard decisions that will bring you wealth and many others will make poor decisions that will bring them poverty. Can't you see that's why there are more poor people than truly wealthy people? It starts like this
Elistho:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ebonyi Youths Organise Rally For Peter Obi (Video) / Boko-Haram Kills 30 Students In Yobe Boarding School / Buhari Supporters In London Campaign In The Streets With Their Brooms (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.