Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

What Are The Funny Things You Noticed During This Election Season - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are The Funny Things You Noticed During This Election Season (22758 Views)

Funny Pictures Of This Election Season. Please Add Yours / Did Peter Obi Attend Major Christian Events Before The 2023 Election Season? / Some Hilarious Photos Of Nigerian Politicians During Election Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Funny Things You Noticed During This Election Season by akigbemaru: 7:09am On Mar 20, 2023
ayinba1:

The attitude of some groups woke the Yorubas up. And I am sure that it woke some other groups up to be more aware and sensitive to the greedy nature of certain groups. It may be a good thing as it would reduce the chances of another pogrom occurring. Each groups should learn to live with and respect one another.
Re: What Are The Funny Things You Noticed During This Election Season by doublewisdom: 7:23am On Mar 20, 2023
It exposed the insecurity of the Yorubas. They have a mortal fear of igbos. If you had a grip on your Lagos, then allow for a level playing ground. "He who says I'm king is no king". Even Funke Akindele wasn't allowed to campaign by fellow Yorubas in same Lagos. In a nutshell, Lagos is going, going and gone soon.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Funny Things You Noticed During This Election Season by jayAjoku(m): 7:28am On Mar 20, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.
when you try to tell people this they will become sentimental and emotional ๐Ÿ˜ญ they will start shouting my vote will count until reality hits them smack dab in the face ๐Ÿ˜‚ and leaves a scar

1 Like

Re: What Are The Funny Things You Noticed During This Election Season by jayAjoku(m): 7:31am On Mar 20, 2023
PHIPEX:
I realised Nigerians are only tolerating each other, tribalism rules in the country. If there is a choice between my right as an Igbo man and tribal interests, even my friends will betray me to protect their tribal interest.
if the roles were reversed wouldnโ€™t you betray your friend too ? Just asking
Re: What Are The Funny Things You Noticed During This Election Season by ProphetM0hammad: 7:39am On Mar 20, 2023
Bigshots001:

To the best of my understanding, it's a political tool, igbos have never claimed ownership of Lagos state.
That statement was made by Lateef Jakande and whatever prompted him to make that statement I don't know.
You people should stop all these intimidation and using any small issue to go all against the Igbos.
We are not perfect,but this ill treatment against is too much in this Nigeria.
If possible, don't you think it's better we disintegrate and maintain our various regions,that this intolerance and intimidations.
Ok
Better go back to Aba

1 Like

Re: What Are The Funny Things You Noticed During This Election Season by maysimsimple(m): 7:58am On Mar 20, 2023
They're hypocrites. Imagine that one adding Abiola or what did he add to his name for us to believe he is Yoruba. I tired for these people. Definitely they've an agenda. I'm a born and bred ladipo spare part market niccur. The market spring up in the early 90s whilst I was in pry school. These people get different hanky, panky antics oo. Fear them.

bakynes:
To all Igbos, I don't support thugs not allowing you guys to vote but put yourself in Yorubas shoes. The Rhodes Vivor guy might have actually won if you guys didn't play politics like you did. What happened to PDP why did you people abandon PDP for LP this time around? Why must all of you mobilize yourself to vote one party one candidate. Why hate Sanwo Olu so much is he not a Christian, what of Jandor why didn't some of you vote for him or is it because Rhodes Vivour is half Igbo?

These block vote is why Yorubas believe there is an agenda.

Every tribe distribute their votes across party from what have seen in the entire geopolitical zone, why do Igbos in Lagos vote one party if not having an agenda.
Re: What Are The Funny Things You Noticed During This Election Season by maysimsimple(m): 8:01am On Mar 20, 2023
They're hypocrites. Imagine that one adding Abiola or what did he add to his name for us to believe he is Yoruba. I tired for these people. Definitely they've an agenda. I'm a born and bred ladipo spare part market niccur. The market spring up in the early 90s whilst I was in pry school. These people get different hanky, panky antics oo. Fear them.
Even they fear Dem selves, talking from experience. My dad still own a house there..

bakynes:
To all Igbos, I don't support thugs not allowing you guys to vote but put yourself in Yorubas shoes. The Rhodes Vivor guy might have actually won if you guys didn't play politics like you did. What happened to PDP why did you people abandon PDP for LP this time around? Why must all of you mobilize yourself to vote one party one candidate. Why hate Sanwo Olu so much is he not a Christian, what of Jandor why didn't some of you vote for him or is it because Rhodes Vivour is half Igbo?

These block vote is why Yorubas believe there is an agenda.

Every tribe distribute their votes across party from what have seen in the entire geopolitical zone, why do Igbos in Lagos vote one party if not having an agenda.

author=bakynes post=121893538]
Let me ask you a question, why do Igbos vote enmass for one party in Lagos? Its a sign of an agenda. All other tribes and states voted across party, why must all Igbos vote one party one candidate. Igbos residing in the South East voted LP,PDP and APGA. Fine Igbos hate APC and Sanwo Olu what of Jandor the PDP candidate, the block votes from Igbos shows that there is an agenda against the Yoruba people. [/quote]
Re: What Are The Funny Things You Noticed During This Election Season by maysimsimple(m): 8:06am On Mar 20, 2023
Alayee rest. Why are you so bitter and filled with bile. Seun need to do something about these.

quote author=McStoic post=121895874]

May your life achievements be as fair as this election is to Nigerians. May all you labour in this life give you exactly the same outcome as Nigerians have experienced in the hands of INEC in this election Amen..[/quote]
Re: What Are The Funny Things You Noticed During This Election Season by Bigshots001(m): 8:07am On Mar 20, 2023
ProphetM0hammad:

Ok
Better go back to Aba

Bleep you

1 Like

Re: What Are The Funny Things You Noticed During This Election Season by maysimsimple(m): 8:08am On Mar 20, 2023
Blessed ๐Ÿ™ you always.. Trying to take what doesn't belongs to them.

author=Ojady post=121895971]The funny thing I noticed is the fact that the northerners never lost sleep during this elections.
It was funny to see Biafrans and Omoluabis, the most westernized groups in Nigeria, allowing their tribalistic and primordial sentiments manifest and descend into bigotry, irrationalism and hypocrisy online and actually.
It was funny to finally come to terms that both Biafrans and Omoluabis are the problem of Nigeria. That both are the 2 sides of a coin.

It was funny to learn that for once in a long while and hopefully, going forward, the Omoluabis can stand together and decide it is time to collectively end the misplaced notions of ownership, arrogance, overbearing and evil agenda of Biafrans in the SouthWest.

It was funny to see Biafrans, rather than rally themselves and stand together to begin the ascent towards 'developing' the east and actualization of Biafra as they claim to have developed everywhere (e.g. South Africa, Ghana, Indonesia, etc) they have set foot on, they are online and on the streets wailing about the refusal to be given what was not theirs to be taken in the first place.

I found it funny that the masses truly fell for the illusion that they had a say or could choose through voting who they wanted. "Go get your PVC! Go get your PVC!!" was just to justify the enormous amount spent on the election. There is no One Nigeria only the Elite vs the Masses.

Equally interesting is how BAT was so vilified by folks both Biafrans and Omoluabis who never knew or met with him personally. How young people would be talking shamelessly about his health or his past, when most of us all have a history we are not proud of. Many who talked about his health in damming terms, we are watching how many of you will grow old or attain his level of health at his age. This is not a curse, Karma is just a dish that never forgets and comes for you when you least expect.

Tbh, so much was learned...however one overriding fact is, nothing on this earth will change for the better, the only hope of man is Jesus Christ, the One who need not to be President/Governor to change the desperation of our souls
[/quote]
Re: What Are The Funny Things You Noticed During This Election Season by maysimsimple(m): 8:12am On Mar 20, 2023
Marginalized you sad. For Anambra na Hausa man be governor? Abia na Yoruba man be their governor?

author=bitingcool post=121900020]

For once, I wished the ibos will be allowed to leave this shame of a country. I have never felt sympathetic towards any tribe like I did especially during the governorship elections. they have truly been marginalized[/quote]
Re: What Are The Funny Things You Noticed During This Election Season by Epinbiz(m): 8:47am On Mar 20, 2023
You never knownwhat will happen next 4years
LesbianBoy:
WORST ELECTION IN THE HISTORY OF NIGERIA angry
Re: What Are The Funny Things You Noticed During This Election Season by Namigotalktru: 10:07am On Mar 20, 2023
Funniest thing is that the people that have been deluded since are still deluded in 2023.

That a huge section of online people know nothing about politics in real life.

That some people have not learnt that you have lost politics when you start abusing people.

That you cannot wail for 8 years and expect to win elections

That people and tribal and religious bias cannot separate so they keep losing.
Re: What Are The Funny Things You Noticed During This Election Season by HoneySwag(f): 10:25am On Mar 20, 2023
Fut9ure:
I notice that Nigerians are sick
The tribalism that was hidden in the foundations of our country have come out fully

The South west is completely gone when it comes to tribalism..they are too tribalistic
See the way they will quote me and tag me igbo

Am from Edo state...a Bini

What suddenly changed their hatred for Apc and Buhari administration to love

I thought we were going through hell...please to the rest of us not sick please lets celebrate and pop champagne whenever we start experiencing the hell we went through during Buhari's tenure again...no pity please

The tribalistic people here are the Igbos and not the Yorubas. What really amazes me is how the Igbos carried Lagos (Yoruba land) election so personal. I mean they should be more concern about the election in their own Igbo states but because GRV has a touch of Igbo blood they took the election to a tribal war zone ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜
Re: What Are The Funny Things You Noticed During This Election Season by theamazonguru(m): 10:30am On Mar 20, 2023
Penalty82:
I noticed how Iya Bolaji and her son Bolaji was beaten up and stoped from voting because the agberos thought they're Igbos grin grin grin grin

Lies.
Just to accumulate likes.
Well-done sir.

So what stops Iya Bolaji and her son Bolaji from using Yoruba to communicate so they can escape the lynching.
Re: What Are The Funny Things You Noticed During This Election Season by Penalty82(m): 10:32am On Mar 20, 2023
theamazonguru:

Lies.
Just to accumulate likes.
Well-done sir.

So what stops Iya Bolaji and her son Bolaji from using Yoruba to communicate so they can escape the lynching.

Re: What Are The Funny Things You Noticed During This Election Season by Whoknowsme: 1:53pm On Mar 20, 2023
Lorddominic:
....the lifeless body of a die-hard APC urchin who was gunned down in Ago palace. He's probably feasting with the angels in heaven right now shocked shocked
I heard he didn't die, that recuperating in the hospital now.
Don't know how true this info is.
Re: What Are The Funny Things You Noticed During This Election Season by Realist777: 4:09pm On Mar 20, 2023
Lorddominic:
....the lifeless body of a die-hard APC urchin who was gunned down in Ago palace. He's probably feasting with the angels in heaven right now shocked shocked
Your government would have been worst than BH and IPOB, thank God you did not win nothing
Re: What Are The Funny Things You Noticed During This Election Season by Lorddominic(m): 4:13pm On Mar 20, 2023
Realist777:

Your government would have been worst than BH and IPOB, thank God you did not win nothing
This is you below๐Ÿ‘‡

Re: What Are The Funny Things You Noticed During This Election Season by Xammie001(m): 4:33pm On Mar 20, 2023
Talk Point

from an emotional and over entitled nigerian

let me tell you all you've said with your mouth shall be for you.

SingletBOY:
Nigeria can never better again in this life
Re: What Are The Funny Things You Noticed During This Election Season by sulakishop(m): 5:03pm On Mar 20, 2023
Voting masquerade

Re: What Are The Funny Things You Noticed During This Election Season by Tycyborg(m): 7:46pm On Apr 03, 2023
Bigshots001:

To the best of my understanding, it's a political tool, igbos have never claimed ownership of Lagos state.
That statement was made by Lateef Jakande and whatever prompted him to make that statement I don't know.
You people should stop all these intimidation and using any small issue to go all against the Igbos.
We are not perfect,but this ill treatment against is too much in this Nigeria.
If possible, don't you think it's better we disintegrate and maintain our various regions,that this intolerance and intimidations.

OGA the truth is not far but you are moving far away from it. See... We are human and our greatest tool is the ability to think... Let just assume the jakande said so, should anyone else say that? Just like black Americans can call themselves nigga but a white can't... Now imagine white people all of a sudden saying nigga everywhere won't that cause something else... Let's be truthful.

There is something they called over stepped boundaries... I wouldn't do that if I am not in my community not even my city... I mean community let alone in a different state. I should know my boundaries.
An example... Imagine a blood brother so close to me. Same father same mother... If he and his wife had an issue, no matter how close I am to him, I will know my boundaries on where to stop talking.
Tell me why is it that hausas and other tribes hardly clash but most tribes always have clash with the igbos to an extent inter country, like Ghana, south African and so on...
Truth is bitter honestly... This is a forum where my views doesn't impact anything but I wonder why people lie about things on here...
Re: What Are The Funny Things You Noticed During This Election Season by Bigshots001(m): 9:43am On Apr 04, 2023
Tycyborg:

OGA the truth is not far but you are moving far away from it. See... We are human and our greatest tool is the ability to think... Let just assume the jakande said so, should anyone else say that? Just like black Americans can call themselves nigga but a white can't... Now imagine white people all of a sudden saying nigga everywhere won't that cause something else... Let's be truthful.

There is something they called over stepped boundaries... I wouldn't do that if I am not in my community not even my city... I mean community let alone in a different state. I should know my boundaries.
An example... Imagine a blood brother so close to me. Same father same mother... If he and his wife had an issue, no matter how close I am to him, I will know my boundaries on where to stop talking.
Tell me why is it that hausas and other tribes hardly clash but most tribes always have clash with the igbos to an extent inter country, like Ghana, south African and so on...
Truth is bitter honestly... This is a forum where my views doesn't impact anything but I wonder why people lie about things on here...

I couldn't even understand both your analogies and your the point you're trying to make..a lot of issues was raised during the campaign period,but you bigots decided to make the whole 'no man's land shit' a tool to use against the Igbos.
You bigoted lots were even calling your brothers Omo ale because he's supporting Obi.
Don't give me a flimsy excuses to justify your hatred against the Igbos, period!
Re: What Are The Funny Things You Noticed During This Election Season by Tycyborg(m): 7:49pm On Apr 04, 2023
Bigshots001:

I couldn't even understand both your analogies and your the point you're trying to make..a lot of issues was raised during the campaign period,but you bigots decided to make the whole 'no man's land shit' a tool to use against the Igbos.
You bigoted lots were even calling your brothers Omo ale because he's supporting Obi.
Don't give me a flimsy excuses to justify your hatred against the Igbos, period!

You don't need to but with time if you weren't bias, you will...
You were like me when I was young, I will question why my father gets any meat he wants and we just have to take one one, he said son one day when you get to my stage you will understand...
And here I am reality done on my during my bachelor's and I understand.
A wise man will complete an incomplete word
Re: What Are The Funny Things You Noticed During This Election Season by Bigshots001(m): 9:05am On Apr 05, 2023
Tycyborg:

You don't need to but with time if you weren't bias, you will...
You were like me when I was young, I will question why my father gets any meat he wants and we just have to take one one, he said son one day when you get to my stage you will understand...
And here I am reality done on my during my bachelor's and I understand.
A wise man will complete an incomplete word

I understand you and father always have issues with meat in the pot, and that's not the same with I and my dad, let's be open minded and unbaised in our analysis with this present Nigeria politics.
A whole lot is happening; tribalism, religious extremism, marginalization etc.
Then,I ask does it make for a progressive country.. can't we have detribalised and inclusive governance in the Nigerian project?
Now,the Fulani herders are killing with impunity and trying to take over people's communities ( most of these guys are not even from Nigeria),but it's not yet an issue, it's about the igbos and their stupid senses..I hate them too,i know that it will get to a time this ethnic and tribal politics will get out of hand and we may be looking for a way to repair it..but by then a lot of damage has been done.
I read people's baised analysis just to hurt some particular region, and I ask if the tables were turned around, will you like it?
Re: What Are The Funny Things You Noticed During This Election Season by Tycyborg(m): 9:55pm On Apr 06, 2023
Bigshots001:

I understand you and father always have issues with meat in the pot, and that's not the same with I and my dad, let's be open minded and unbaised in our analysis with this present Nigeria politics.
A whole lot is happening; tribalism, religious extremism, marginalization etc.
Then,I ask does it make for a progressive country.. can't we have detribalised and inclusive governance in the Nigerian project?
Now,the Fulani herders are killing with impunity and trying to take over people's communities ( most of these guys are not even from Nigeria),but it's not yet an issue, it's about the igbos and their stupid senses..I hate them too,i know that it will get to a time this ethnic and tribal politics will get out of hand and we may be looking for a way to repair it..but by then a lot of damage has been done.
I read people's baised analysis just to hurt some particular region, and I ask if the tables were turned around, will you like it?

Okay you comment says who you are. I don't even bother reading past two sentence because they it's said that " you can tell a fool from his or her cry miles away" and again if you argue with a fool, you will only get more foolish than learn anything... So I rather stay away than argue with you cos there is no need for that in the first place. A mistake I made contacting someone so low.
Don't bother replying cos this is the last I will send to you
Re: What Are The Funny Things You Noticed During This Election Season by dododawa1: 10:46pm On Apr 06, 2023
Atheistan:
After every election..
The number of northern beggers increases..
They will full everywhere from ajah to jakande to VI...
They will enter the streets in groups begging......
I dont give them shi shi... cus they cant import them from wherever, use them and rig elections then abandon them for me to feed...no nahh.
you are just 1 at of 250million,if you don't give,no one notice you.
Re: What Are The Funny Things You Noticed During This Election Season by Bigshots001(m): 9:58am On Apr 07, 2023
Tycyborg:

Okay you comment says who you are. I don't even bother reading past two sentence because they it's said that " you can tell a fool from his or her cry miles away" and again if you argue with a fool, you will only get more foolish than learn anything... So I rather stay away than argue with you cos there is no need for that in the first place. A mistake I made contacting someone so low.
Don't bother replying cos this is the last I will send to you

I commented my subjective opinion on this thread,what this idiot has to say is that I'm low..you can't even put forward your own line of thought in an argument without insulting so as to make it look like your are superior, this is politics fool,I don't engaged someone whose analogy in an argument is about childhood Crisis, fighting over a piece of meat in a pot with your biological father..too low and debased of you two idiots, don't you ever qoute me again if you're this stupid and childish, since you can't even put forward a valid point in a political Argument,most times it's about reading comments and seeing people's level of reasoning..I must say that yours and that of your stupid father is repulsive since you want insult,fool.
Re: What Are The Funny Things You Noticed During This Election Season by Natajo2021: 10:01am On Apr 07, 2023
I observed that Peter Obid-iot was the most desperate among the contestants.
I Observed that Peter Obidi-ot was a bloody liar that fabricate truth and twist into emotional blackmail.
I observed that Peter Obid-iot was unworthy of leading Nigeria.
I observed that Peter the Ob-idiot deceived the Christians in Nigeria
I observed that Peter denied our saviour thrice, Obidient denied the audio conversation with GO Oyedepo twice, after the 3rd denial he would own up.
I observed that Peter misled the youths
I observed Peter Obi-diot failed woefully.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari Departs For United Arab Emirates (Photos) / Governor Ben Ayade: My Wife Cautions Me Against Seeking Re-Election / Obasanjo: How Rawlings Intervened When Abacha Wanted To Destroy My Organisation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.