Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,845 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) (57206 Views)

Surulere Constituency 1: Desmond Elliot Celebrates As He Is Currently Leading / Gbajabiamila Wins Surulere 1 APC Ticket For Historic Sixth Term Unopposed / Desmond Elliot Wins APC Ticket To Contest For A Third Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 12:06pm On Mar 19, 2023
Nollywood actor cum politician, Desmond Elliot has won the Surulere constituency 1 assembly seat in Lagos.

The governorship and assembly elections was conducted nationwide on Saturday (yesterday) by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

While the election is now at sorting and collation stages, however, some polling units that experience technological glitches were rescheduled till Sunday (today).

The Surulere constituency I seat was one of those keenly contested. The leading candidates are those of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and that of the Labour Party (LP).

After final collation of results, Elliot came tops with 17,877 votes while candidate of the Labour Party came second with 7,822 votes.

VANGUARD

64 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 12:07pm On Mar 19, 2023
Congratulations Olushola Desmond Elliot.

It was indeed a serious battle.

So Olumide Oworu's name wasn't registered with INEC.

50 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by God1000(m): 12:09pm On Mar 19, 2023
He became very nervous before the election, I hope he has learnt his lesson

Wagwanbrethren:

This one na to drop rubbish, crying like baby everywhere. Oya talk rigging make I woze ya mouth! 🀣

To all the online obidient that trolled, and promised to uproot him, feeling like kings. What happened? 🀣
Una no reach to vote am out abi wetin, I thought you people said he's going home, and that the actor Lp boy wey no dey contest is kicking him off. This election show say no be by to make noise online. The obidient online wailers are only mouthed online, offline na rats Dem be. No one should take them serious!

E don finally enter again despite the noise. I told you people from the beginning, na men dey run this game. No be by to siddon online dey cape fire!

see this one, I pity you and your ilk for celebrating an election that was marred by violence, intimidation, victimisation and harrasment of some people.

I don't know why people will turn blind eye to evil and rejoice instead.

I know we don't have infallible electoral system anywhere on earth, but what happened during the presidential and governorship elections in Nigeria is shameful.

This is an assault on our democracy

170 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Mar 19, 2023
God1000:
Hmm
This one na to drop rubbish, crying like baby everywhere. Oya talk rigging make I woze ya mouth! 🀣

To all the online obidient that trolled, and promised to uproot him, feeling like kings. What happened? 🀣
Una no reach to vote am out abi wetin, I thought you people said he's going home, and that the actor Lp boy wey no dey contest is kicking him off. This election show say no be by to make noise online. The obidient online wailers are only mouthed online, offline na rats Dem be. No one should take them serious!

E don finally enter again despite the noise. I told you people from the beginning, na men dey run this game,if small pikin run am e go cast. Humble yourself as u Dey move ahead.
2seconds men Dey, Omoh dem go shake your leg!
No be by to siddon online dey cap fire!
πŸ”₯🀣

117 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 19, 2023
The ballot papers should be scan via the BVA device.Majority of the thumbprints in APC column belongs to one person.And that polling unit may not be where he registered.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by SlurUsername1: 12:16pm On Mar 19, 2023
grin

As e dey pain Dem e dey sweet us.
Straight to HOR after he finishes HOA, by that time his win will be smooth because flatheards won't be having voters cards to vote again in Lagos by 2027

116 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by optionalY09: 12:17pm On Mar 19, 2023
I won’t congratulate a none performing loose mouth. Elliot fix your character and serve the people of your constituent with what belong to them.

Next time i see buckets on the street as water project you will see the other side of Surulere people.

SERVE and stop the Nonsense

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by Helpfromabove1(m): 12:22pm On Mar 19, 2023
I hope every have learnt something from this election

For APC don’t take people for granted

For LP election is more of strategy, planing, lobbying and forming alliances not about online noice , bully and tribal and religious card

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by N3TRAL: 12:22pm On Mar 19, 2023
Labour Party is the new APGA.

It's been permanently restricted to two South Eastern States.

But I give it to Obi. He's greater than Ojukwu. Only Azikiwe beats him in our political history.

A big congratulations to you Desmond πŸ…

120 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by Iamgrey5(m): 12:23pm On Mar 19, 2023
Lol

I said those shouting Yoruba land is no man's land are just awakening our consciousness.

Here is a man with Igbo mother defeating pure Yoruba men in Lagos.

He never insulted his Yoruba side, never insulted his relatives and never said on national television that "he doesn't think in Yoruba".

Congratulations Honorable Elliot.

126 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by sleek214(m): 12:23pm On Mar 19, 2023
Nice πŸ‘. People should learn to respect their hosts. Lagos is for the Yorubas, Anambra is for the Igbos, Kano is for the Hausa/ Fulani. Unfortunately, LP has replaced APGA as the New Biafra/ Igbo Party. The massive love Obi received from the Christian North and South can Never happen again. The whole world have seen the Hypocrisy of Peter Obi and his Tribesmen.

131 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by Macmoni(m): 12:23pm On Mar 19, 2023
So now what did they expect I knew the lp guy was going no where, where have they ever gone ?
Only egocentrism and online warrior physically nothing to show fort than to claim victims over nothing

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by NgwalandAbia(m): 12:23pm On Mar 19, 2023
Sin no more our half son.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by Roboto11: 12:23pm On Mar 19, 2023
So those Children couldn't do anything?

grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by NIGERIAJAGAJAGA: 12:23pm On Mar 19, 2023
Congratulations to Elliot. But why olumide campaigned when he don't do primary election? Or what happened?

13 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by shaboti: 12:23pm On Mar 19, 2023
Congrats Desmond. Got nothing against you.

lol so much for Yoruba "sophistication". Sophistication of violence and thuggery, worst tribalists in the entire nation. We have yet again been reminded of your true nature.

Selah

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by Bugatie(m): 12:23pm On Mar 19, 2023
Congratulations to him.

He undoubtedly worked for his re-election victory.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by helinues: 12:23pm On Mar 19, 2023
Congratulations to him

I guess better people don finish for his constituency

4 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by Obudupikin: 12:23pm On Mar 19, 2023
angry

He's now officially a typical Nigerian politician. He has joined them in the rigging.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by Beremx(f): 12:23pm On Mar 19, 2023
Congratulations to him. He has learned his lessons.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by Easybet1(m): 12:24pm On Mar 19, 2023
Toilet man

3 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by OmonnakOdapig: 12:24pm On Mar 19, 2023
. Ellu p 78 cool

53 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by GeneralPulal: 12:24pm On Mar 19, 2023
grin

Wetin you dey expect as ancestor come para vote..

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by Flier: 12:24pm On Mar 19, 2023
It was one of the hottest spot yesterday,obidients were not allowed to vote
This is another chance for the idiooot to change his way

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by fola2222: 12:24pm On Mar 19, 2023
By force by fire
Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by MICHEALADEX(m): 12:24pm On Mar 19, 2023
God1000:
He became very nervous before the election, I hope he has learnt his lesson

What was his crime?

Eyin were

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by Emir01: 12:24pm On Mar 19, 2023
Olumide was not on the ballot. LP is just a propagandist platform.

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by Throwback: 12:24pm On Mar 19, 2023
The anarchists have lost again.

Shame on IPOB.

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by princejohnard(m): 12:25pm On Mar 19, 2023
Do you even know the function of BVAS ??

Revolution2022:
The ballot papers should be scan via the BVA device.Majority of the thumbprints in APC column belongs to one person.And that polling unit may not be where he registered.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by Newborn27(f): 12:25pm On Mar 19, 2023
Wow!

Congratulations man!
I've been awaiting this result with the hype going on here with the eluup crooners.

Earnestly awaiting Sanwo-Olu's results too.

I'm not a politician but I know politics isn't for the feeble minded and keyboard warriors.

I come in peace.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Desmond Elliot Wins Surulere Constituency With Over 10,000 Votes (Photos) by Okoroawusa: 12:25pm On Mar 19, 2023
Congratulations Des, I believe that Obidient slaves have learned their lessons

73 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yusuf Datti Storms Sokoto (Photos) / Ambode Meets Members Of APC National Working Committee Panel (Photo) / Army, Police Barricade Venue For Yoruba Nation Rally In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.