Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,446 members, 7,781,292 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:55 AM

Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? (37195 Views)

Nigeria's 5 Most Controversial Governors / The Most Respected & Honoured Man In Nigeria Currently / Nlanders List Your 5. Top Nigerian Criminals Of Your Choice + Reasons. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by tundewoods(m): 7:44am On Sep 01, 2007
Can you list your 5 Most Respected Nigerians,either Living or Late. It was a bid difficult at arriving at my own 5 most respected Nigerians.

1. Pastor Enoch Adeboye - For his Humility and Vision

2. Gideon Orkar (late) - For his daring effort to change the system

3. Philip Emeagwali - For his feat in terms of inventing Super Computers

4. Tom Iseghohi - For his excellence in Corporate Leadership

5. Aliko Dangote - For his excellence in business drive.

Who are you own 5 Most respected Nigerians ??

3 Likes

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by babasin(m): 10:04am On Sep 03, 2007
3. Philip Emeagwali - For his feat in terms of inventing Super Computers

This has been shown to be a fraud. Get your news correct.

26 Likes

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by JustGood(m): 10:22am On Sep 03, 2007
1. My wife
2. My dad
3. My mum
4. My pastor
5. Me

91 Likes

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by skinblack: 10:46am On Sep 03, 2007
1. MKO Abiola
2. Nuhu Ribadu
3. Prof. Bolaji Akinyemi
4. Chief Obafemi Awolowo
5. Dr. FAS

7 Likes

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by Bolarge(m): 10:55am On Sep 03, 2007
1. My mom
2. Prof Olikoye Ransome Kuti
3. Chief Anthony Enahoro
4. Dr (Mrs) Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala
5. Gen. Tunde Idiagbon

4 Likes

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by grafikdon: 1:52pm On Sep 03, 2007
In No Special Order;

Sam Ogbemudia
Odumegwu Ojukwu
Wole Soyinka
Chinua Achebe
Phillip Effiong

22 Likes

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 03, 2007
Prof. Dakum Shown
Mal Nuhu Ribadau
President Umaru Yaradua
Mrs. Fatima Shagari ( A selfless community worker, she doesnt make any noise)
Most Rev. John Oyenekan

9 Likes

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by Danmasani(m): 4:58pm On Sep 03, 2007
Obasanjo
Babangida
Anenih
Abacha
Lamidi Adedibu
grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by doyin13(m): 6:23pm On Sep 03, 2007
Fela
Wole Soyinka
Chinua Achebe
Aminu Kano
Mike Iyorshe

2 Likes

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by Blatant: 1:33pm On Sep 04, 2007
Anini
Babangida
Oyenusi
Abacha
Clifford Orji

8 Likes

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 04, 2007
Umaru Dikko------Thief (hausa/fulani)
Sani Abacha------Thief (hausa/fulani)
I B B -------Thief (hausa/fulani)
Obasanjo -------Thief (yoruba)
Abiola (ITT) -------Thief (yoruba)

14 Likes

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by denex: 3:26pm On Sep 04, 2007
1) Uthman Ibn Fodee (Usman Dan Fodio): for his ability to conquer and unite all the Hausa states of Nigeria into one Caliphate. For his great books on philosophy, warfare and economics (if not for his books, Oyibo for still dey claim say na dem teach us how to read and write). For his democratic and republic Sultanate system of government and for his wisdom in retiring and handing over power in due time.

2) Pat Utomi: for studying the uniqueness of Nigeria and solving problems according to the Unique culture, people and terrain.

3) Mallam Aminu Kano: for his sincere effort and personal sacrifice at alleviating the problems of the masses.

4) Nnamdi Azikiwe: totally without any tribal bias. He focused on the big picture.

5) Jaja of Opobo & Nana of Itsekiri: for having great insight in quickly shifting the Economy from Slave Trade to Oil Palm trade without friction.
I respect Governor Nana of Itsekiri for handling the Niger-Delta problem which is seeming impossible today.
Especially though, I respect King Jaja of Opobo for giving up his life just to return to the motherland even though he was certain that the British would kill him en route from exile.
King Jaja of Opobo was the only leader in the world not to sign his people into colonialism on the basis of the inability of the British to adequately define the words "Protectorate" and "Protection" as contained in the document.

25 Likes

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by Banderas(m): 3:37pm On Sep 04, 2007
denex:

1) Uthman Ibn Fodee (Usman Dan Fodio): for his ability to conquer and unite all the Hausa states of Nigeria into one Caliphate. For his great books on philosophy, warfare and economics (if not for his books, Oyibo for still dey claim say na them teach us how to read and write). For his democratic and republic Sultanate system of government and for his wisdom in retiring and handing over power in due time.

2) Pat Utomi: for studying the uniqueness of Nigeria and solving problems according to the Unique culture, people and terrain.

3) Mallam Aminu Kano: for his sincere effort and personal sacrifice at alleviating the problems of the masses.

4) Nnamdi Azikiwe: totally without any tribal bias. He focused on the big picture.

5) Jaja of Opobo & Nana of Itsekiri: for having great insight in quickly shifting the Economy from Slave Trade to Oil Palm trade without friction.
I respect Governor Nana of Itsekiri for handling the Niger-Delta problem which is seeming impossible today.
Especially though, I respect King Jaja of Opobo for giving up his life just to return to the motherland even though he was certain that the British would kill him en route from exile.
King Jaja of Opobo was the only leader in the world not to sign his people into colonialism on the basis of the inability of the British to adequately define the words "Protectorate" and "Protection" as contained in the document.

Denex, learn your history. Learn it properly.

1) Uthman enslaved more Nigerians than the british did. They were "mailed" over to Arabia. And islamic rule can NEVER be democratic.
2) Zik cut a deal with the british to "unite" with the north. It was a british vision, not a Zik-ish one.
3) Aminu Kano hardly even knew what he was doing. He was a puppet in the arms of his masters.

The other two I'll possibly agree with,

13 Likes

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 04, 2007
denex:

Zik de Dreamer
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by denex: 7:01pm On Sep 04, 2007
Banderas

You see the kind of thinking we have here?
"Islamic rule can NEVER be democratic".
You forget that any rule which the majority endorse is democratic.

I'm reading a news piece right now in which an Arabic school in Brooklyn New York, the USA is being clamped down on. So can Christian rule EVER be democratic?

And you will not be able to open your mouth and say anybody enslaved more Nigerians than the British by the time you realise that close to 30% slave cargo of the British perished en route. Then about quarter of the rest were killed in slave farms during "breaking".

The Northern Nigerians had a written history for centuries. If Uthman had enslaved 15 million slaves, it would have been recorded somewhere.

Or at least even in oral tradition.

If you compare the population of slave descendants in Arabia to those in the Americas, you will realise the fallacy in your claim.

President Azikiwe struck a deal to unite Nigeria. Ehen? Are you trying to pass that off as a bad thing? If "Zik" had his way, he'd strike a deal to unite the whole of Africa!

Please tell me, are you saying that Mallam Aminu Kano's "masters" ordered him to sell all his belongings and live the rest of his life in penury trying to educate the talakawa and almajirai? Let me make it clear that I'm not one of those people that you will come and sell mystical stories about Northern Nigeria because I was born there and I lived the first half of my life there.

So how come Pat Utomi, Jaja of Opobo and Nana of Itsekiri have done no wrong.

Why don't you remind me that Pat Utomi made Volkswagen collapse, Jaja was a rude slave and Nana was a monopolist.

I use God beg you, these are my own chosen. The topic did not say "who are THE most respected, " it asked for personal opinion and I gave mine. So TEACHER, DON'T TEACH ME NONSENSE!!!

36 Likes

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by Iman3(m): 7:06pm On Sep 04, 2007
@Denex a.k.a Abd al Arab

When will you stop defending your Arab slave masters.Being a Muslim doesn't mean you must defend them

5 Likes

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by doyin13(m): 7:35pm On Sep 04, 2007
where all them Ono, Laudate, Xris, Dimka.

The Politics section is no longer fun man.#

Make them come back abeg undecided
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by yewaman1(m): 9:57am On Sep 05, 2007
Gen. YAKUBU GOWON

GEN. MURITALA R MUHAMMED

Chief AKINTOLA WILLIAMS

Chief OBAFEMI AWOLOWO

Chief OLABISI ONABANJO

2 Likes

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by yewaman1(m): 10:02am On Sep 05, 2007
Gen. YAKUBU GOWON

GEN. MURITALA R MUHAMMED

Chief AKINTOLA WILLIAMS

Chief OBAFEMI AWOLOWO

Chief OLABISI ONABANJO

1 Like

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by DRANOEL(m): 2:39pm On Sep 06, 2007
1. GIDEON ORKAR

2. IBB

3. FELA

4. MURTALA MOHAMMED

5. OJUKWU

1 Like

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by Buruntashi: 5:14pm On Sep 08, 2007
Why do some people take freedom of speech and opinion for granted in cyberspace ?

Luvlawyer your shallow minded answer gives me a better undertanding of your type of person.Don't bother participating in intellectual discussions if you don't have nothing reasonable to say

What if you have no intellectual response, can you still respond?
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by saintchux(m): 6:14pm On Sep 08, 2007
Prof Chukwuma Soludo
Prof Pat Utomi
Prof Wole Soyinka
Prof Chinua Achebe
Prof Dora Akinyili
Ngozi Oknoji-Iwuala

7 Likes

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by luvlawyer(f): 7:59pm On Sep 08, 2007
the mere fact that you start a thread that makes no sense
(in your own words in bold below although wrong in spelling)
shows how un-intellectually inclined you actually are,
not giving a feck about your stupid topic is not shallow and if that gives
you a better understanding of who i am then i believe the shallow one is obvious.

i]Can you list your 5 Most Respected Nigerians,either Living or Late. It was a bid difficult at arriving at my own 5 most respected Nigerians.[/i]

lol what is intellectual about your stupid topic? look at the response and tell me. ode.

@ buruntashi yes ooo you can!

@willy willy i love you
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by tundewoods(m): 11:30pm On Sep 08, 2007
the mere fact that you start a thread that makes no sense
(in your own words in bold below although wrong in spelling)
shows how un-intellectually inclined you actually are,
not giving a feck about your stupid topic is not shallow and if that gives
you a better understanding of who i am then i believe the shallow one is obvious.

i]Can you list your 5 Most Respected Nigerians,either Living or Late. It was a bid difficult at arriving at my own 5 most respected Nigerians.[/i]

lol what is intellectual about your stupidĀ  topic? look at the response and tell me. ode.

@ buruntashi yes ooo you can!

@willy willy i love you

Empty Barrels and Shallow minded folks like you make the loudest noise !

Folks Enjoy while we endure luvlawyer's senseless tantrum

1 Like

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by DisGuy: 3:12pm On Sep 09, 2007

such as undecided

1) Uthman enslaved more Nigerians than the british did. They were "mailed" over to Arabia. And islamic rule can NEVER be democratic.
true, only American rule can be democratic lipsrsealed democracy can only be defined by Americans wink

2 Likes

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by Bankole01(m): 3:43pm On Sep 09, 2007
Herbert Marculay
Rev. And Mrs Ransome Kuti
Otunba Z Ade Ogunwo
Chief Obafemi Awolowo
Gowon
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by champredd(m): 3:52pm On Sep 09, 2007
Obafemi Awolowo

Anthony Enahoro

Chinua Achebe

Dora Akunyili

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala
Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by Orikinla(m): 6:43pm On Sep 09, 2007
1. Pastor E.A. Adeboye
2. Rev. Gamaliel Onosode
3. Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe
4. Chief. Obafemi Jeremiah Awolowo and
5. Mallam Aminu Kano.

To replace the dead icons.

3. Dr. Pat Utomi
4. Alhaji Maitama Yusuf
5. Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima

2 Likes

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by luvlawyer(f): 7:25pm On Sep 09, 2007
hhahhahhh THAT MAKES YOU alot filled!!!

tundewoods:

Empty Barrels and Shallow minded folks like you make the loudest noise !

Folks Enjoy while we endure luvlawyer's senseless tantrum

Re: Who Are Your 5 Most Respected Nigerians ? by lewa(m): 10:15pm On Sep 09, 2007
Chief Obafemi Awolowo-philosopher,thinker,politician,writer,nationalist,icon,author,patriach
Chinua Achebe-playwright,celebrated novelist,literary icon
Wole Soyinka-nobel laureate,activist
MKO-philantrophist,matyr,business mogul
General Overseer Adeboye~Gods prophet

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

President Buhari Receives Chadian President In Aso Rock (Photos) / Caption This Photo Of Buhari, Ganduje And Osinbajo / Kano 2 Million Solidarity Walk For Tinubu Committee List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.