Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria (21593 Views)

Dino Melaye Says Peter Obi Acted Unpresidential And Demands An Apology From Him / Wike: PDP Owes Nigerians An Apology Over Atiku’s Ethnic Comment / Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by hollywater: 12:54pm On Mar 21, 2023
lonelydora:

Just look at this agbaya!

APOLOGY NOT ACCEPTED

You have always been a tribal and religious big-ot.
Thank God i am not the only noticing that.
Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by lastburn(m): 1:07pm On Mar 21, 2023
I was just about to create a trend saying how much Nairaland contributed in the hate that has been going on lately.... The mod should do something about the hate speech it will get us nowhere! Nigeria remain one, that been said you have the right to live anywhere in 9ja. Any hate speech posted about any tribe or been attributed to hate. Should be removed at once cos it will only bring more hate comments and after all we all humans so emotions must be touched. If the presidential aspirance had come out to debate on why I should vote for them. I will vote for the best man among them... If the so called governor was great in office I don't think he has anything to worry about cos I still voted for him and am Igbo.

1 Like

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by ayinba1(f): 1:12pm On Mar 21, 2023
Skyview01:

Thank you Seun,

My votes would have been protests votes as well against APC that have taken Nigerians for granted the past eight years.

Most of the votes for Obi in the last presidential election were protests votes.
Yeah right!
Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Majesty7: 1:16pm On Mar 21, 2023
Fira09:

That's 32K

To gain what exactly?

No mind am
Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by ayinba1(f): 1:16pm On Mar 21, 2023
amuwo1980:
Crappp, you are a tribalist and will always be known as such, from 2023 Igbos and Yorubas now have diverged politically, socially, culturally and otherwise , we are not friends and we don’t need to be one , you can go and take up abode with ur beloved brothers the Fulani jiahadist but remember nothing in life is for sure for ever , you guys started and you never can tell where it will end

The Northerners are not part of this conflict, yet you name them and dehumanize them! Don’t you see that you need to look inwards? I have not seen a single post here claiming to be Fulani and calling you or your tribe derogatory names, yet you just do this so easily.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Majesty7: 1:17pm On Mar 21, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
It is politics. Waiting for Mr Obaseki to apologise to Lagosians for Edo no be Lagos ad.
check my signature for free stuffs!

You dey mind am.
Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by ayinba1(f): 1:18pm On Mar 21, 2023
Theyoungmaster:
Seun, bar that insensitive Advert, this forum is a shadow of itself. Ethnic and tribal bigots roam free without restriction. Hate filled contents are pushed to the front page consistently! I was on a thread on Twitter some days ago, someone advised a tribal bigot to take his hatred and bigotry to places like Nairaland. It's a shame! You've legit failed to keep a leash on this forum.

During the genocide in Rwanda, some radio stations kept adding fuel to the fire by inciting the populace and providing platforms for hate speeches to rule the day.

You have successfully created a platform that encourages hate speech and tribal bigotry. You're partially complicit in the ethnic war raging currently.

I dare say you should either hire some moderators solely focused on deleting hate filled posts or just step down entirely.

What if the moderators he has now have an agenda, or he himself? It’s sickening the things that make it to the front page but this apology seems specific to an advertisement as opposed to posts.
Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by amuwo1980: 1:29pm On Mar 21, 2023
ayinba1:

The Northerners are not part of this conflict, yet you name them and dehumanize them! Don’t you see that you need to look inwards? I have not seen a single post here claiming to be Fulani and calling you or your tribe derogatory names, yet you just do this so easily.
As usually they will run under some one to take cover, snakes now trying to hide under the fulanis who were barely mentioned, no respects I swear none for you

1 Like

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Hydroxide(m): 1:51pm On Mar 21, 2023
16,000 naira or 16,000 Dollars? Alot of people have been saying you guys are lazy and only knows how to make mouth. I don dey believe them small small

1 Like

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by sherlock229(m): 1:53pm On Mar 21, 2023
It should be .
"An apology to All Nigerians" with the amount of tribalistic Igbos in this site, we all need an apology for this Rubbish site Albert useful a bit

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Allardyce: 1:53pm On Mar 21, 2023
Hydroxide:
16,000 naira or 16,000 Dollars? Alot of people have been saying you guys are lazy and only knows how to make mouth. I don dey believe them small small
grin
Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by tonididdy(m): 2:16pm On Mar 21, 2023
Dentidon:

How many are there?

Let everyone go back to their region as a matter of fact, let's see who will bear the brunt of it. Lagos won't be ruled by OSU Ipob. Sink that into your brain if you've got any.

How many are there?
Don’t worry when they return, you’ll count them

Òdè!
Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by jara: 2:43pm On Mar 21, 2023
It is a pity that a very young man like Seun has not learned from history.

Igbo have now elevated him beyond his dreams. When Awolowo gave Igbo 20 pounds, there were fierce accusations that he was trying to buy Igbo votes for the next election.

Why give only Igbo 20 pounds when other Nigerians were also victims. From Midwest to Rivers. 20 pounds at that time was more than what School Cert or HSC holders made in a month.

You could rent a room for 5 pounds in good locations and two pounds ten in Surulere or less in Mushin. New arrivals in Lagos only come with a shirt on their back before their relatives and friends told them to get out and find a job the following day.

Today, 20 pounds has been turned into a curse of 20 naira. Awo, see your life?

Seun, next time keep quiet!

1 Like

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by lawani: 2:50pm On Mar 21, 2023
ukaface:

Is it wrong to brag about oneself ?
To talk positively about oneself?
To stand tall

That is what you do in a resume.
Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by tsdarkside(m): 4:10pm On Mar 21, 2023
seun,take this thread down....
their is no reason to apologise to them....

if they want apology,they should go to apc and ask for it....
it was apc that put that ad up....
Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by tsdarkside(m): 4:12pm On Mar 21, 2023
we practice freedom of speech here....
we will not allow you akpu munchers to drag seun down.... angry angry

1 Like

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Winnersunited: 4:33pm On Mar 21, 2023
Seun:
Dear Igbo People,

I sincerely apologize for allowing a toxic political banner advert which said, "Lagos can never be run from Anambra; go and vote" to run on Nairaland for several hours on Wednesday, March 15, 2023.

The mischievously worded banner advert appears to have been part of an ethnically divisive political campaign aimed at securing Lagos State for the ruling party by instilling fear in Yoruba people, making them believe that Igbo people intended to "take over" Lagos State.

Such ethnically divisive political campaigns have no place in a forward-thinking democracy, and for this reason, the ad should have been taken down instantly. No harm was intended, but my lack of forethought about the ethics of that type of advert led to a disappointing outcome.

We should have had a clear policy against accepting negative and ethnically divisive ads on Nairaland, we should have communicated it to all advertisers, and we should have taken down any advert that violated that policy instantly. This will all be in place before the next election.

We made almost N16,000 from the ad. We will double it and donate it to victims of political violence in Lagos.

Please, do NOT give up on Nigeria. The times are challenging, but TOGETHER, we will overcome.

Sincerely,
Seun Osewa.
Get out with your stupid apology.
Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by raskymonojendor: 5:25pm On Mar 21, 2023
Seun.

Have you seen this from the mob....?
This is what is now being thrown around in twitter.
Were there any Igbo killed in Lagos? I don't think so.

7 people (at the last count) were killed in the East but the focus is on Lagos.

Infact, this was a screenshot posted under the US mission's in Nigeria tweet.

1 Like

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by lilkech(m): 5:29pm On Mar 21, 2023
Seun, on behalf of OG nairaland members I hereby put it to you that you really fall our collective hands this season cry

Your apology is watery at best. Enjoy
Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by BeardedmeatR(m): 5:31pm On Mar 21, 2023
HardMirror:
why dont yorubas hate adelekes. Almost allthe adelekes are married to igbos. Why dont we hate akeredolu? I supported Gbadebo to win, but it was tough for me campaigning for him cos the igbos were making it hard with their hate speeches online. Apc capitalized on that.
Yorubas hate adeleke. By yorubas, I mean Tinubuu urchins. Any politician not loyal to Tinubu is an Omo ale to you all.

If Tinubu supported Gbadebo, you little monkeys will all fall in line like a park of cards.

2 Likes

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by raskymonojendor: 5:41pm On Mar 21, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
Yorubas hate adeleke. By yorubas, I mean Tinubuu urchins. Any politician not loyal to Tinubu is an Omo ale to you all.

If Tinubu supported Gbadebo, you little monkeys will all fall in line like a park of cards.
Nobody called Adeleke an Omo ale (His mum is from Enugu). Nobody called Banky W an Omo ale (His mum is from Cross River)

1 Like

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by BeardedmeatR(m): 5:41pm On Mar 21, 2023
reddingtonblack:

Dem use bragging swear for una, when will IGBOS ever learn, abi that chest una dey beat no dey pain una at All.
In the history of Nigeria there is no IGBO man richer than Mko Abiola, Ekiti state produces the highest number of professors and the highest IR generating state 1 to 6 east are no where to be found ... so what is the bragging about undecided

The Igbos are not the only tribe in Lagos for goodness sake, but they made themselves OBject of attack becos they don't just know when to fvcking shutup ... IGBOS have to call themselves and think, stop spearheading oppositions stop playing host to oppositions, let them find a common ground, hausas dey vote there pdp jejely in Lagos without harassment becos dem no dey make noise.
Abegiiiii Shattap urchin.
Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by BeardedmeatR(m): 5:43pm On Mar 21, 2023
Heavensent01:
When are Igbo going to apologize to Yorubas for the names calling even for the naive Yoruba that voted for their scammer obi out of ignorance?

when?

when?

When?

fúck Igbo
Yellow bar mooslim.
Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by BeardedmeatR(m): 5:45pm On Mar 21, 2023
raskymonojendor:

Nobody called Adeleke an Omo ale (His mum is from Enugu). Nobody called Banky W an Omo ale (His mum is from Cross River)
So I should go and dig up all the hate from you idiots dish out to adeleke and his family because they are in PDP? I'm sorry I can't help you.

Didn't you call Obj an Igboman from Onitsha?

Hiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Efcc’s Threat Of Arrest Confined Kwankwaso To His Residence – Lawyer / Corper Donates His September Allowance To Akeredolu For Campaign In Ondo (Photo) / Barr. Stephanie At Commonwealth Forum With Buhari, Barrow, Aisha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.