Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,716 members, 7,805,948 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria (21572 Views)

Dino Melaye Says Peter Obi Acted Unpresidential And Demands An Apology From Him / Wike: PDP Owes Nigerians An Apology Over Atiku’s Ethnic Comment / Fani-kayode Demands N6bn And An Apology From Daily Trust Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by aljharem(m): 4:54pm On Mar 22, 2023
This was not necessary Seun Osewa. These people are envious of you and hate the fact you are a yoruba man. Your apology just gave them ammunition against you.

Wisdom is profitable

I hope you have learnt a bitter lesson because this is not the end of it.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Maazieze(m): 6:54pm On Mar 22, 2023
i dont know if you are reading this, but it would help to hire more moderators, or maybe even adopt bots that discourage and ban posts that are tribal bait. their are rules but enforcement must follow.
Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Mpanyi: 7:40pm On Mar 22, 2023
Fira09:

That's 32K

To gain what exactly?

Somebody owned up to his mistake, apologized and you are still taking him up on that. What for? If he had not apologized, would you have known?

1 Like

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Fira09(m): 8:05pm On Mar 22, 2023
Mpanyi:

Somebody owned up to his mistake, apologized and you are still taking him up on that. What for? If he had not apologized, would you have known?
Oh shut up!

What will 32K benefits the injured victims? It's better he keep the petty money.

BTW, how does my post relates to his apology?

1 Like

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Etunes1419: 9:49pm On Mar 22, 2023
Please who has a monetized youtube channel for sale
Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by omonnakoda: 11:18pm On Mar 22, 2023
aljharem:
This was not necessary Seun Osewa. These people are envious of you and hate the fact you are a yoruba man. Your apology just gave them ammunition against you.

Wisdom is profitable

I hope you have learnt a bitter lesson because this is not the end of it.
Totally unnecessary,stemming from the failure to separate personal identity from business identity,a symptom of something I won't name
At any rate whatever the offence it was not committed against

THE IGBO PEOPLE OF NIGERIA

Haba wetin make Gowon and Black Scorpion talk?
NaYou kill Jesus?
Again a lack of professionalism when you try to run a serious business as a one man show and do everything yourself
You should have a communication department and if the business is not making money to pay for that get help because it should
There is money to be made it you get help
The simple truth is I was not even aware of The advert until I saw the apology and till now I never saw it.
I hardly notice adverts on this forum which is another thing. They are obviously not displayed effectively

7 Likes

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by juman(m): 5:28am On Mar 23, 2023
I came here to laugh. grin grin grin grin grin

You put more feathers to the yeastners wings, see how they are jumping around as if they own the world.
They should go back to their region to vote.

3 Likes

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by aswani(m): 7:21am On Mar 23, 2023
Sir, your apology is incomplete until you implement a filter that can act ask an automated gateway to catching needlessly provocative words that are posted by people on both sides.

You should have also stopped new accounts being created in the run up to the elections.

How could you just think it was going to be business as usual on here with the recently concluded elections?

Having said all that, I do appreciate your hard work in keeping the site going.

2 Likes

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Sotland: 10:24am On Mar 23, 2023
Stop promoting HATE and TRIBALISM. We all kick when it is Racism but Tribalism is Worst because it happening in a place you call Home.

Our political elites have succeeded in creating this ugly monster which has eaten deep into the bone marrow of majority.

I am not here to pamper mediocrity or be on the sides of the wailing lots. I've come to realize that there are lots of negative minded people on this platform, so I am not so disappointed in majority of the comments I have read so far. Many of you are so quick to play the tribal cards. If tribal segregation is all that you see then you have a big problem that needs redemption.

Funnily, our political elites cohabitat not minding tribes but they sold the seed of enmity among common us..Your are biggest fool if you fall for the this narrative.

These are questions i want you to ask yourselves.

Is hunger or food inflation a respecter of any tribes ?

Did endsars choose a particular tribe in it occurrence?

The agbero at mile 2, do they collect less from the Yoruba(s)?

I am not surprised that this evil narrative works because a lot of you people are so gullible...

Election has come and gone. Our political elite has used their weapon of hunger and tribalism on us again and many fall to it.

Ask yourselves further

Now that election is over, would you stop doing business with the igbos?

If an igbo man is your biggest client, would you remain friends and business partners ? Vice versa

Fortunately, I bet the answer is a big NO and we shall all return to our normal suffering and smiling life.

May I also remind you that the last elections wasn't any tribe, it was about Nigeria redemption.

Let this write-up be a wake up call, a new dawn for us. We must start thinking differently and positively. Each tribe is interdependent of the other.

Just you may know

Let me briefly school you about first military coup in Nigeria.

A coup staged by group of young military personnel with Kaduna Nzeogwu the lead person.. Do you bother to check the background of Kaduna Nzeogwu? Born and grew up in the North and as a matter of fact his is not a core igbo. SE as we have it today.

Now interestingly, A SW Major Adewale Ademoyega was one of the five revolutionary Nigerian Army Majors who led the 1966 coup.

Unfortunately, the entire blame was upon the SE leaving aside other who were part of the conspiracy that lead to civil war.

You don't know history and I will school you properly if need be.

7upnigeria:

You're scared of them? In case all you do is coding and doesnt have time for reading. Go and read the history of the Igbos. How they orchestrate trouble and later come back to play the victim card. It's your platform but AM NOT A COWARD who will run away when a people refuse to think of the consequences before they start trouble. Remember, they started the FIRST MILITARY COUP but when there was a reprisal, they started shouting hate and Ojukwu decided to start the Biafra war, HE ENDED UP GETTING SO MANY KILLED. What made Ghanaian government to close their shops, what made South Africans to start xenophobia against. They find it EASY to form a pack and go against constituted authorities. SEUN, let's be bold enough to tell them the truth to their face otherwise you'll just end up being one of the people massaging their ego to get them into further trouble. Germans will not let foreigners take over Germany, Britons will not let foreigners take over Britain, China as well. Lets not go the southeast yet,go to the markets where they sell in Lagos, they want their own heads TO BE SUPERIOR to the market heads chosen by the government WHO RENTED OUT THE SHOPS TO THEM. Let them go and do that in China and Saudi, whatever they will not allow in their region, they should not try it in ANOTHER PERSON'S REGION. When things go bad, they have their region (OR HOME) to run to, this place belongs to us, we dont have any other place to call ours. We only gave them freedom to do business and PROSPER, if what we did is bad, we will definitely correct it.
Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by juman(m): 10:31am On Mar 23, 2023
SonOfEl:

The difference between Seun and you is that you are a sociopath while Seun is an APC puppet

Call me whatever name you wish.
But I know that we will not allow ipob threaten us in our own land and pick who to lead us.

Samuel akintola said the same thing close to sixty years ago.

1 Like

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by raskymonojendor: 11:07am On Mar 23, 2023
Sotland:

Let me briefly school you about first military coup in Nigeria.

A coup staged by group of young military personnel with Kaduna Nzeogwu the lead person.. Do you bother to check the background of Kaduna Nzeogwu? Born and grew up in the North and as a matter of fact his is not a core igbo. SE as we have it today.

Now interestingly, A SW Major Adewale Ademoyega was one of the five revolutionary Nigerian Army Majors who led the 1966 coup.

Unfortunately, the entire blame was upon the SE leaving aside other who were part of the conspiracy that lead to civil war.

You don't know history and I will school you properly if need be.

Note where the Igbos and their associated activities after the coup appears below. This was what led to a counter revenge coup and the pogroms that followed after.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by omonnakoda: 1:46pm On Mar 23, 2023
raskymonojendor:

Note where the Igbos and their associated activities after the coup appears below. This was what led to a counter revenge coup and the pogroms that followed after.

Your image is not clear
https://dailytrust.com/january-15-1966-coup/
Chinua Achebe the erudite novelist tried to change the narrative of the January 15, 1966 Coup in his book There Was A Country to portray his ethnic group as the victim, but this has been debunked: “Igbo in the North were widely taunting their hosts on the loss of their leaders. Celestine Ukwu, a popular Igbo musician, released songs titled Ewu Ne Ba Akwa (Goats Are Crying) and others celebrating “Igbo power”, the “January Victory.” Posters, stickers, postcards, cartoons displaying the murdered Sardauna begging Major Nzeogwu at the gates of heaven or Balewa burning outright in pits of hell or Nzeogwu standing St. George-like on Sardauna, the defeated dragon, began to show up across Northern towns and cities. These provocations were so pervasive that they warranted the promulgation of Decree 44 of 1966 banning them”. Even Dr. Nnamdi Azikwe noted these atrocities in his The Origins of the Civil War: “Some Ibo elements, who were domiciled in Northern Nigeria taunted northerners by defaming their leaders through means of records or songs or pictures. They also published pamphlets and postcards, which displayed a peculiar representation of certain northerners, living or dead, in a manner likely to provoke disaffection.” These images and songs eventually led to the so-called pogroms/ethnic-cleansing/genocide, not the coup” as Achebe claimed. In fact, “the coup was in January, the pogroms started late in May and the provocations were in-between”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by BluntTheApostle(m): 1:51pm On Mar 23, 2023
Seun:
Dear Igbo People,

I sincerely apologize for allowing a toxic political banner advert which said, "Lagos can never be run from Anambra; go and vote" to run on Nairaland for several hours on Wednesday, March 15, 2023.

The mischievously worded banner advert appears to have been part of an ethnically divisive political campaign aimed at securing Lagos State for the ruling party by instilling fear in Yoruba people, making them believe that Igbo people intended to "take over" Lagos State.

Such ethnically divisive political campaigns have no place in a forward-thinking democracy, and for this reason, the ad should have been taken down instantly. No harm was intended, but my lack of forethought about the ethics of that type of advert led to a disappointing outcome.

We should have had a clear policy against accepting negative and ethnically divisive ads on Nairaland, we should have communicated it to all advertisers, and we should have taken down any advert that violated that policy instantly. This will all be in place before the next election.

We made almost N16,000 from the ad. We will double it and donate it to victims of political violence in Lagos.

Please, do NOT give up on Nigeria. The times are challenging, but TOGETHER, we will overcome.

Sincerely,
Seun Osewa.

They will never appreciate.

I always tell people: once those people hate you, just do your best according to your ability.

3 Likes

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by HardMirror(m): 2:23pm On Mar 23, 2023
Seun:

I would have voted for Peter Obi & GRV, if I had a PVC and lived in Lagos State. Just to send a message to APC that they need to give us their best. I would not have been upset by GRV's loss because of his sparse CV. My vote for GRV would have been a protest vote against APC.
well said. Same reason i supported GRV. ****
Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by ocjbaba(m): 5:08pm On Mar 23, 2023
loosecanon50:
Seun, there’s no need apologizing because the harm has already been done. Believe it or not, that ad contributed to the war that happened in Lagos….the WAR they termed as election.

The only thing you can do to redeem your image it to ban outrightly, anybody who makes tribalistic/bigoted comments, or creates any topic that can stir up ethnic division or tension in your forum. Be it Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba or any other tribe. Ban them for life because this forum is becoming too toxic.

I believe I speak for the multitude.
am with you
Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Warl0ck: 5:37pm On Mar 23, 2023
Hmmm
Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by aljharem(m): 8:43pm On Mar 23, 2023
omonnakoda:

Totally unnecessary,stemming from the failure to separate personal identity from business identity,a symptom of something I won't name
At any rate whatever the offence it was not committed against

THE IGBO PEOPLE OF NIGERIA

Haba wetin make Gowon and Black Scorpion talk?
NaYou kill Jesus?
Again a lack of professionalism when you try to run a serious business as a one man show and do everything yourself
You should have a communication department and if the business is not making money to pay for that get help because it should
There is money to be made it you get help
The simple truth is I was not even aware of The advert until I saw the apology and till now I never saw it.
I hardly notice adverts on this forum which is another thing. They are obviously not displayed effectively

Exactly
Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Zeno9: 9:37pm On Mar 23, 2023
Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Electorate: 10:10pm On Mar 23, 2023
Seun:
Dear Igbo People,

I sincerely apologize for allowing a toxic political banner advert which said, "Lagos can never be run from Anambra; go and vote" to run on Nairaland for several hours on Wednesday, March 15, 2023.

The mischievously worded banner advert appears to have been part of an ethnically divisive political campaign aimed at securing Lagos State for the ruling party by instilling fear in Yoruba people, making them believe that Igbo people intended to "take over" Lagos State.

Such ethnically divisive political campaigns have no place in a forward-thinking democracy, and for this reason, the ad should have been taken down instantly. No harm was intended, but my lack of forethought about the ethics of that type of advert led to a disappointing outcome.

We should have had a clear policy against accepting negative and ethnically divisive ads on Nairaland, we should have communicated it to all advertisers, and we should have taken down any advert that violated that policy instantly. This will all be in place before the next election.

We made almost N16,000 from the ad. We will double it and donate it to victims of political violence in Lagos.

Please, do NOT give up on Nigeria. The times are challenging, but TOGETHER, we will overcome.

Sincerely,
Seun Osewa.

Well done seun, the said advert ran for hours not minutes and none of your mods noticed, who vetted the advert? Well, we all saw the outcome of that divisive advert. 16,000 blood money pocketed, well done.

Don't tell us you are not aware of tribal bigots swarming your forum, what are you doing about that? Infact, tribal bigots now see nairaland as an avenue to unleash division amongst Nigerians and YOU ARE DOING NOTHING ABOUT IT.

It is either you are helpless or you are supporting them. Don't forget division leads to agitation and agitation from left, right and center leads to civil war and when the war starts nobody will have access to nairaland.

My one cent.
Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Bolaji1996: 6:18am On Mar 24, 2023
I don't understand, why the apology? they can also do the same which obviously we don't give a eff about since no one even themselves is proud of their lands.

2 Likes

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by MechanicMike: 1:25pm On Mar 24, 2023
sexiestharam:
I have decided to abandon my nairaland account forever. Any news I want, I will see it on twitter and other online platforms. I am from the South South and would be considered igbo. Seun, I put it to you that your 32k offer to those injured is an insult!!!! Goodbye, nairaland. It was good for the 17 years I was here. But as they say, all good things come to an end!

please r u free tonight for a 15k 2 minute job please? is very important job please? u want? smiley
Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by REALretep(m): 9:24pm On Mar 24, 2023
Seun:
Dear Igbo People,

Sincerely,
Seun Osewa.
Dear Seun Osewa

This Islam for Muslims section which you have allowed on Nairaland has evolved into a medium for deceptive and forceful propagation of Islam. It is absolutely against the unity and tolerance which you preach.

Kindly remove the Islamic statement which they posted on my profile without wilful permission and stop them from posting such on the profiles of unsuspecting Nairalanders
Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by Hotguy27: 9:39pm On Mar 24, 2023
Seun:
Dear Igbo People,

Sincerely,
Seun Osewa.

This is more of "just run the ads, later we go apologize".

Wedon.
Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by accordadoga25(f): 9:51pm On Mar 24, 2023
ChatterHouse:
You ki.lled the igbos again with your greed

The pains of biafra war
3 millions igbo children are crying on your head today

I weep for my brave igbo
Who stood up to tyranny meted to her by the Nigeria people

The are focus, the are Rich, the are intelligent
The ruled the Economy of the Nation

Truly Igbo Amaka

Salute from the North

Dem force una fight Biafra??

No be una wan fight? Radarada

Na only Igbos die?

No go blame Ojukwu..

Ojukwu brainwashed you the same way Nnamdi Kanu did.. You guys don't reason before you act...

2 Likes

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by XAUBulls: 11:30pm On Mar 24, 2023
Seun:
Dear Igbo People,

Sincerely,
Seun Osewa.
I am just reading this thread Seun and I have deep insights and brutally honest truth to share with you all here that will open your eyes to prevent being guilt-tripped by despicable bigots and ignorant analyses.

That NL banner ad did NOT contribute to any violence in Lagos State. The "Edo no be Lagos" slogan which was all over NL is NOT different from this.

Several very TOXIC, irresponsible LIES and inciting posts by well-known NL Ibo trolls stating that the iconic Obafemi Awolowo, GCFR, SAN, died via suicide in 1987 from drinking rat poison are FALSE... and further more, the inciting posts that Lagos State is a "no man's land" by some Ibos, the unguarded past history of anti-Yoruba Twitter posts and past Ipob/biafra sympathy by Gbadebo Vivour, etc, triggered the sequence of ethnically charged events in some locations in Lagos State.

Besides, what apologies have YOU Seun given to over 50 million people of Yoruba descent for the many TOXIC, vicious and criminally inciting anti-Yoruba/anti-Yoruba Muslim, doctored videos and fake news that have been posted here on NL threads by irredentist Ibos and Ipob trolls for many years now and during every election cycle since about 2010?

I have been a veteran member of NL since 2005 with an older NL account, and there is massive digital evidence of TOXIC online attacks and cyberbullying of Yorubas (Including the relentless, organised false attacks on the now President-Elect of Nigeria, Bola Tinubu), Kanuris (Including the criminal fake news that Kashim Shetima of APC is a Boko Haram terrorist sponsor was widely spread mainly by the Peter Obi supporters of Ibo origin on and off NL, and the false accusation was debunked by The BBC Global Disinformation Team Report), Northerners, Itsekiris, Ijaws, and other minority ethnicities over territorial claims, geopolitics, rejection of Ibo secession by ethnic minorities and more.

Those who over the years are responsible for initiating hate speech and ethnically-based cyberbullying on and off NL will be brought to justice in major sting operations! WhatsApp group administrators, and other online platforms are liable for the criminal incitements and defamation of character of public figures and citizens under existing Nigerian Cyber Crime laws. Ignorance of the law is NOT an excuse. Period.

Cc: Freestuffsng, Kininifoods, omonnakoda, aljharem

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: An Apology To The Igbo People Of Nigeria by XAUBulls: 11:35pm On Mar 24, 2023
OP: Bosstrevor1
LMAO...Seems like they have threatened you

Anytime you apologize you set up yourself up for more bullying, you can see that already.

I have never heard Nnamdi Kanu apologize for all the death he has caused all over the place through twitter, facebook and youtube, even the CEOs of the various platforms he spread his hatred didnt apologise.

Man dem!, you will continue to apologize forever, until you realize that you cant please everyone.
Nicely put.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Abba Gida-gida Invites Sanusi To Inauguration / 6 Fulani Herdsmen's Camps In Anambra Discovered By Aerial Surveillance / Missing Soldiers Found - Army Spokesman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.