Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

"What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" (28322 Views)

Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. / Become Self-employed By Acquiring These Skills / You've Got To Read This.. It's Really Important. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by StreetFight: 1:42pm On Mar 21, 2023
QuinModah:
Show me any world leader or ambassador with leg chain, nose Ring or Tattoo,

I will wait!

Idiots will mention some American school dropouts. Useless lazy youths, awon Olosho Oloriburuku Oloshi Asewo

2 Likes

Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by achimendy(m): 1:44pm On Mar 21, 2023
Hamachi:
She has a chain on her leg and not her brain. I know a GM who puts on leg chain and she is ta very smart woman.

It's just as some companies won't take you for using Hijab, the head is covered and not the brain.

We need to have a paradigm shift in our mindset and focus on what is most important.

And if at all a company sees it as being against their culture, is it not better it is discussed with the candidate at the interview.

But I have a question, did the company told the candidate that you did well but because you are putting on a leg chain we can't hire you. We need to be careful with how we get one sided reports
Simple solution would be to communicate that the dress code to the employee.
You reject a good fit cos of leg chain.
Next thing they will employ the incompetent person who wore suit and tie. What is the goal really?
Also what is the meaning of leg chain in Nigeria?
Our mothers proudly wore beads on their wrists, legs, waist and necks so what changed? How did they suddenly become evil in Africa
All is well

I guess one day someone will dress naked for an interview and you'll say dressing doesn't matter but her brain.

I guess you don't understand the adage that says when you're in Rome you behave like the Roman's. If you're not ready to uphold and represent the ethics and value of any organisation then don't go there.
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by Dchampion65: 1:44pm On Mar 21, 2023
When I saw the way Serena Williams and our own Tiwa dressed while visiting the queen, it was then I knew people can be triplicate in nature.

1 Like

Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by Solocoin: 1:49pm On Mar 21, 2023
Some people will just see something and rush to practice when it affects them they start asking what has it got to do with this and that. Even the musicians that wear all kinds of things to sing their son watch their appears if they have any important business proposal they attend if they will wear those rag. They will dress very well and need. Outside Nigeria you won't see any world leader with leg chain. People should get sense in this country and stop copying everything and then start complaining when it affects them.
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by Arobake: 2:01pm On Mar 21, 2023
The Prime Minister of New Zealand, Jacinda Ardern, has a tattoo on her upper left arm.

The former Prime Minister of Australia, Tony Abbott, has a tattoo on his shoulder.

*there are others, but Im citing these 2 examples because they can easily be confirmed by everyone who is interesting in doing so.
*** I have no tattoos. Simply answering the question (taking on a challenge).
**** Your wait is over!!!💃🏾

QuinModah:
Show me any world leader or ambassador with leg chain, nose Ring or Tattoo,

I will wait!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by Arobake: 2:08pm On Mar 21, 2023
More recently, the Prime Minister of New Zealand, Jacinda Ardern, has a tattoo on her upper left arm. The former Prime Minister of Australia, Tony Abbott, has a tattoo on his shoulder.
*just adding to yours.

PPIA:

Theodore Roosevelt,
Franklin D. Roosevelt,
James K. Polk,
Andrew Jackson,
Dwight D. Eisenhower

All are president's of the U.S.A had tattoos cool

Then Justin Trudeau, former Canadian prime minister who left office in 2018 had a tattoo

Just stop living in primitivity cool
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by folake4u(f): 2:09pm On Mar 21, 2023
Nigerians and focusing on mediocrity.

Keep monitoring what females do undecided

Even Supreme Court Justices dey wear leg chain.

1 Like

Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by InvertedHammer: 2:13pm On Mar 21, 2023
Hamachi:
She has a chain on her leg and not her brain. I know a GM who puts on leg chain and she is ta very smart woman.

It's just as some companies won't take you for using Hijab, the head is covered and not the brain.

We need to have a paradigm shift in our mindset and focus on what is most important.

And if at all a company sees it as being against their culture, is it not better it is discussed with the candidate at the interview.

But I have a question, did the company told the candidate that you did well but because you are putting on a leg chain we can't hire you. We need to be careful with how we get one sided reports
Next thing they will employ the incompetent person who wore suit and tie. What is the goal really?
Our mothers proudly wore beads on their wrists, legs, waist and necks so what changed? How did they suddenly become evil in Africa
All is well

/
Your belief is your belief. You cannot dictate to an employer. You can wear rings on your hair if you so choose, but make sure you own your business. Even at that, you still need to hunt for customers.

A prospective employee should avoid throwing up the wrong vibes. A position could have more than 100 applicants and employers are looking for slightest excuses to weed the numbers down to one.
/
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by MrBroke(m): 2:13pm On Mar 21, 2023
Everything ona won do, you see a boy draw tatoo you follow, a girl put on leg chain you follow but when you see good things to emulate you won't. If a girl wears only bra and pant to your office and ask for employment, are you not going to reject her? Before you guys do stuff look around and see the set or category of people doing same stuff and understand that once you do same stuff you are automatically no different from them. Majority of girls who put on leg chain are whores that should tell you it's a LovePeddler aka runs girl thing

1 Like

Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by Cromagnon: 2:14pm On Mar 21, 2023
Hamachi:
Will customer see her brain her chain?

Go to Muslim country and say you want to rest on Sunday and see if you get the job.

Oya force 200 million ppl to change paradigm with your mouth since you are professor x

You think they have time to waste on unserious candidate?

How many ppl did she see with leg chain
This is not America
Hunger never gbab am

Clearly it's not a good fit otherwise she would've been hired
A monkey could do her job so why would they give a damn
She is the one that needs job

How e take concern you
Also is she the only one with qualification in Nigeria with 200 million job seekers
You Really overestimate your importance
Entry level job fa

All is well
did they wear it in office or in privacy of their homes.?
I see leg chain as sign of prostitute or fetish woman and avoid them

1 Like

Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by spencekat(m): 2:16pm On Mar 21, 2023
Alaga2222:

Nothing Dey her body to Bleep... Only big breast
And big breast is nothing?
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by InvertedHammer: 2:16pm On Mar 21, 2023
Arobake:

More recently, the Prime Minister of New Zealand, Jacinda Ardern, has a tattoo on her upper left arm. The former Prime Minister of Australia, Tony Abbott, has a tattoo on his shoulder.
*just adding to yours.

/
Did you say New Zealand and Australia?

Their visa application is open.

Some delusional fellas keep comparing countries with low unemployment with Nigeria. The odds are greatly stacked against you in Nigeria. Anyone who wants to play games with his or her livelihood is free.

/
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by Singlenhappy(f): 2:19pm On Mar 21, 2023
In as much as there is nothing wrong with a person dresscode as long as he/she is sane and well, but What is the motivation behind somebody fixing a chain on the leg using all her supper power, when they are more meaningful endeavors you can channel the energy to. The movie characters they are copying don't live in real life, moreover the countries where those soap operas are produced are advanced Societies. But here the only invention ladies want to have to their name is just Wear a jumpy clothe and fix a leg chain walking around like attention seeking demons. Its pathetic, no body Will ever take such ladies as serious human beings.
Hamachi:

All is well

1 Like

Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by luluosas(m): 2:20pm On Mar 21, 2023
It's a mark of irresponsibility, and direct red light to being a PROSTITUTE.

1 Like

Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by Cromagnon: 2:22pm On Mar 21, 2023
Rubyjade:
I'm responding to this at work this Monday evening in my Jeans/Tshirt and sneakers in the city of Abeokuta, Ogun State.

I recall during my physical induction (prior to resumption as all interview process were virtual), I had on a formal "blue" dress. I dressed corporate because I didn't know that culture until I came in and asked the questions. Interesting thing is, I am responsible for driving the culture and we are informal in dressing, but some organizations prefer formal wears. Whatever works, company culture needs to be researched, but for interview, please apply the principle, dress formally to be on a safe side.

Until my elder cousin left Nigeria, She thought having visible tatoos was unprofessional. Let’s just say he was wrong. In a country where things were so tough and he had to jump danfo, he was expected to wear cooperate attire for a role with almost zero face to face with customers/client. Now he went there with all the cooperate but almost everyone wears jeans.

Whose culture are we really practicing in Nigeria cos I am getting confused.

This kind of myopic behaviour is part of what holds Nigeria back from progressing. Unnecessary judgement, In Wales, bankers, doctors and nurses are spotting all sorts of tattoos and no one cares.

Why do Nigerian employers care about such things?
is this Wales? Can you year Tattoo in Saudi? Is every country the same? This is Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by Rubyjade: 2:23pm On Mar 21, 2023
undecided
Cromagnon:
is this Wales? Can you year Tattoo in Saudi? Is every country the same? This is Nigeria
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by Adakintroy: 2:23pm On Mar 21, 2023
Seeing you the applicant here. And you occupy the low ground. I say it has everything the boss say it has to do with the job.
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by luluosas(m): 2:24pm On Mar 21, 2023
No need to discuss anything my dear. She presented a picture that is akin to the company. Do you want the company to therefore bend their standard because of someone gave red lights regarding her personality? No na. Thank you.

Hamachi:

All is well
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by rickleye: 2:25pm On Mar 21, 2023
PPIA:

Theodore Roosevelt,
Franklin D. Roosevelt,
James K. Polk,
Andrew Jackson,
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Then Justin Trudeau, former Canadian prime

minister who left office in 2018 had a tattoo

FAT LIE - Justin Trudeau is Still PM of Canada.
So I don’t believe the dead you quoted
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by streetfabulous: 2:27pm On Mar 21, 2023
In life it is not always about good or bad but about wise or foolish. It may not be bad to you and many others but under that circumstance it may not be a wise thing to do.
Most people are first emotional before rational. In other words, it is how they feel about you first before they consider how smart you are. Even if you are very qualified for the job, you should realise that there are other candidates just as qualified and smart as you are. So among several equally qualified candidates, one major consideration is the employers impression or perception about you. Well in this part of the world, it may be difficult to create a decent perception wearing a leg chain even if you may turnout to be a very decent person.
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by XAUBulls: 2:28pm On Mar 21, 2023
IyaTola:
Before you adopt anything, especially fashion or lifestyle. Check the societal and cultural value, attitude, acceptance, interpretation or representation of such thing.
Nicely put.
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by RPG2020(m): 2:29pm On Mar 21, 2023
PPIA:

To fvck you go sweet oh! cool

That one wey do head like Tinubu
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by bigiyaro(m): 2:31pm On Mar 21, 2023
PPIA:

Theodore Roosevelt,
Franklin D. Roosevelt,
James K. Polk,
Andrew Jackson,
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Then Justin Trudeau, former Canadian prime minister who left office in 2018 had a tattoo

most of these guys got their tattoos way back when they were serving in the armed forces and they don't flunt it.
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by saintruky(m): 2:33pm On Mar 21, 2023
Hey

Rubyjade:
I'm responding to this at work this Monday evening in my Jeans/Tshirt and sneakers in the city of Abeokuta, Ogun State.

I recall during my physical induction (prior to resumption as all interview process were virtual), I had on a formal "blue" dress. I dressed corporate because I didn't know that culture until I came in and asked the questions. Interesting thing is, I am responsible for driving the culture and we are informal in dressing, but some organizations prefer formal wears. Whatever works, company culture needs to be researched, but for interview, please apply the principle, dress formally to be on a safe side.

Until my elder cousin left Nigeria, She thought having visible tatoos was unprofessional. Let’s just say he was wrong. In a country where things were so tough and he had to jump danfo, he was expected to wear cooperate attire for a role with almost zero face to face with customers/client. Now he went there with all the cooperate but almost everyone wears jeans.

This kind of myopic behaviour is part of what holds Nigeria back from progressing. Unnecessary judgement, In Wales, bankers, doctors and nurses are spotting all sorts of tattoos and no one cares.

Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by godofuck231: 2:38pm On Mar 21, 2023
Nobody wants a lousy dressed and street ragtag in their offices showing indecent dress codes , them no get brain to think am that why
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by Rubyjade: 2:39pm On Mar 21, 2023
Hi
saintruky:
Hey

Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by Kholiwe(f): 2:39pm On Mar 21, 2023
IyaTola:
Before you adopt anything, especially fashion or lifestyle. Check the societal and cultural value, attitude, acceptance, interpretation or representation of such thing.
Please shut up and stop disgracing yourself all these stupid christians worshipping a white man's God. Your ancestors have been wearing anklets for generations before those white men came with their deity.

1 Like

Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by XAUBulls: 2:41pm On Mar 21, 2023
Rubyjade:

@Rubyjade,

International business etiquete is shaped based on country-specific cultural values. Period.
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by Rubyjade: 2:42pm On Mar 21, 2023
cool
XAUBulls:

@Rubyjade,

International business etiquete is shaped based on country-specific cultural values. Period.

1 Like

Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by saintruky(m): 2:43pm On Mar 21, 2023
Rubyjade:
Hi

Can i slide to ya DM?
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by Psoul(m): 2:45pm On Mar 21, 2023
Hamachi:

All is well

All you are speaking here is long grammar that will not change anything.
Read what the 1st commenter wrote. That is just the solution.
If you want to adopt any type of fashion or lifestyle, first of all check on how the society you are operating in views such fashion or lifestyle.
Just for example, In our society, if you choose to keep dreadlocks or bushy hairstyle, don;t go looking for job in government offices or some private companies.
Look for job in entertainment firms, Fashion Firms or Sports Outfits.
Don't come home ranting that cos of dreadlocks they refused to employ u in a government office.

Secondly, you don't expect a company to first of all tell you their dress code before you come for an interview.
It is your responsibility to investigate a firm that you seek their employment and know what you think should go ell with such organization.
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by Rubyjade: 2:45pm On Mar 21, 2023
it slippery
saintruky:

Can i slide to ya DM?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Osun State Tescom Recruitment 2012 / Man Threatens To Resume At Any Company If He Doesn't Get A Job / Recruitment Into State Civil Service. Interview Questions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.