Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

"What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" (28321 Views)

Lady Denied Employment Because Of Leg Chain. / Become Self-employed By Acquiring These Skills / You've Got To Read This.. It's Really Important. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by Semaj77(m): 2:51pm On Mar 21, 2023
PPIA:

Theodore Roosevelt,
Franklin D. Roosevelt,
James K. Polk,
Andrew Jackson,
Dwight D. Eisenhower

All are president's of the U.S.A had tattoos cool

Then Justin Trudeau, former Canadian prime minister who left office in 2018 had a tattoo

Just stop living in primitivity cool

You do know it was the primitive and olden days people who had elaborate piercings , chains and tattoos
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by Aremu01(m): 2:51pm On Mar 21, 2023
And thus is why the useless country is very backward
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by Advancedman(m): 2:53pm On Mar 21, 2023
Hamachi:
She has a chain on her leg and not her brain. I know a GM who puts on leg chain and she is ta very smart woman.

It's just as some companies won't take you for using Hijab, the head is covered and not the brain.

We need to have a paradigm shift in our mindset and focus on what is most important.

And if at all a company sees it as being against their culture, is it not better it is discussed with the candidate at the interview.

But I have a question, did the company told the candidate that you did well but because you are putting on a leg chain we can't hire you. We need to be careful with how we get one sided reports
Simple solution would be to communicate that the dress code to the employee.
You reject a good fit cos of leg chain.
Next thing they will employ the incompetent person who wore suit and tie. What is the goal really?
Also what is the meaning of leg chain in Nigeria?
Our mothers proudly wore beads on their wrists, legs, waist and necks so what changed? How did they suddenly become evil in Africa
All is well
The GM has been wearing it before she started her career? FOOL
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by Kholiwe(f): 2:53pm On Mar 21, 2023
Berrityga:
Everybody has his/her own perception about things. If your employers don't like leg Chain and you can't remove it. Them look elsewhere for a job. They are certain people I can't employ to work with me.
Mr man shut up. If you need surgery urgently and the most qualified doctor to perform that surgery has tattoo and anklets will you reject him? Nigerians are always foolish.

1 Like

Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by essentialone(m): 2:57pm On Mar 21, 2023
Ladies with leg chains only deserve to work in night clubs. If you dare come close to my company, I will shoot you to death.

1 Like

Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by SPAMBOX7: 3:01pm On Mar 21, 2023
PPIA:

Still doesn't invalidate my point... does it?

Stfu and go sit down Dumbo cheesy
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by ogorwyne(f): 3:06pm On Mar 21, 2023
PPIA:

Theodore Roosevelt,
Franklin D. Roosevelt,
James K. Polk,
Andrew Jackson,
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Then Justin Trudeau, former Canadian prime minister who left office in 2018 had a tattoo

You are referring to Canadian PM as former PM. How can I believe this post when Trudeau is still in power?
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by Bolubaba(m): 3:07pm On Mar 21, 2023
[quote author=QuinModah post=121920626][/quote]

Probably goes against the dress code of the said establishment 🤷‍♀️.

1 Like

Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by GloriousGbola: 3:18pm On Mar 21, 2023
folake4u:
Nigerians and focusing on mediocrity.

Keep monitoring what females do undecided

Even Supreme Court Justices dey wear leg chain.

Look at this wayward decadent child of the world

Bad gang lawyer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPi6kUNqq0k

Na your type go dey follow ciga smoking riffraff

See me in my chambers angry

Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by saintruky(m): 3:19pm On Mar 21, 2023
Rubyjade:
it slippery

I've got Nike on... Got great grip n soul made wit finest of alum..

1 Like

Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by QuinModah(f): 3:26pm On Mar 21, 2023
Bolubaba:

Probably goes against the dress code of the said establishment 🤷‍♀️.
Yes
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by QuinModah(f): 3:26pm On Mar 21, 2023
wink
StreetFight:

Idiots will mention some American school dropouts. Useless lazy youths, awon Olosho Oloriburuku Oloshi Asewo
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by QuinModah(f): 3:27pm On Mar 21, 2023
Yusufisraelj:

Simple.

@Quinmodah: there's everything wrong with it.
State what'd wrong with it
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by QuinModah(f): 3:27pm On Mar 21, 2023
wink
Greatdand007:

Share me your number I would like to hmmmm
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by QuinModah(f): 3:28pm On Mar 21, 2023
Slurity:
any lady wearing leg chain can not be my friend say less a wife. Both nose ring and leg chain is an identity of a prostitute in almost all African value and norms book.
Your choice
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by QuinModah(f): 3:28pm On Mar 21, 2023
undecided
iamjavadem:
Seems like a lame excuse. They could have just told her they don't permit leg chain. It's not like she knew their rules. She might have also dodged a bullet by losing the job.
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by bigtt76(f): 3:29pm On Mar 21, 2023
Well companies have their organizational and workplace culture, if they feel despite her 'brains' she wasn't a good fit, they just have to reject her undecided

[quote author=QuinModah post=121920626][/quote]

1 Like

Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 21, 2023
IyaTola:
Before you adopt anything, especially fashion or lifestyle. Check the societal and cultural value, attitude, acceptance, interpretation or representation of such thing.

I love your views on most subjects here. I admire you

2 Likes

Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by Fearyourcreator: 3:33pm On Mar 21, 2023
Hamachi:
She has a chain on her leg and not her brain. I know a GM who puts on leg chain and she is ta very smart woman.

It's just as some companies won't take you for using Hijab, the head is covered and not the brain.

We need to have a paradigm shift in our mindset and focus on what is most important.

And if at all a company sees it as being against their culture, is it not better it is discussed with the candidate at the interview.

But I have a question, did the company told the candidate that you did well but because you are putting on a leg chain we can't hire you. We need to be careful with how we get one sided reports
Next thing they will employ the incompetent person who wore suit and tie. What is the goal really?
Our mothers proudly wore beads on their wrists, legs, waist and necks so what changed? How did they suddenly become evil in Africa
All is well
Una no dey better thing adopt

1 Like

Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by Fearyourcreator: 3:33pm On Mar 21, 2023
Hamachi:

All is well
Una no dey better thing adopt..

1 Like

Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by Greatdand007(m): 3:40pm On Mar 21, 2023
QuinModah:
wink

Add me on WhatsApp 08127961150 I like you gan

1 Like

Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by QuinModah(f): 3:41pm On Mar 21, 2023
Greatdand007:

Add me on WhatsApp 08127961150 I like you gan
Read my signature
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by mespusinglez(m): 3:46pm On Mar 21, 2023
blingxx:

Tbh they don't give a Bleep about you either , it's a free world undecided
OFCOS...I'M JUST STATING MY OPINION cheesy

1 Like

Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by Ferdinandu(m): 3:46pm On Mar 21, 2023
Freedom comes with a price. The earlier you learn that the better for.Does beards stop the military and Paramilitary from doing their jobs but yet they are not allowed one.
Learning that you have to build your own business is the only rule to certain kind of freedom [qu1ote author=Hamachi post=121920769]She has a chain on her leg and not her brain. I know a GM who puts on leg chain and she is ta very smart woman.

All is well[/quote]

1 Like

Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by mespusinglez(m): 3:47pm On Mar 21, 2023
blingxx:

Tbh they don't give a Bleep about you either , it's a free world undecided
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by sgtponzihater1(m): 4:04pm On Mar 21, 2023
Bring your best foot forward. Is leg ring commonly acceptable in our culture? Would you do this in the gulf?

2 Likes

Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by Rubyjade: 4:24pm On Mar 21, 2023
saintruky:

I've got Nike on... Got great grip n soul made wit finest of alum..
grin
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by syntekelite(m): 4:25pm On Mar 21, 2023
dinachi:
That your GM is a lesbian. Leg chain is a Lesbian ID.

Nope its basically fortification..the indomie gen who dont know jack copied it just as they copied the sagging of naira marley thus turning it into a fad any tina,halima&sandra can wear.. the opposite of it for men is leg ring or hand/arm ring. Most men or women inducted into higher orders wear it or waist beads.. until olosho's started abusing it by using it to tie men down..
If you see any women with original gold leg chain or original waist beads its spiritual.. the real ones are effing expensive..
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by servicom101(m): 4:32pm On Mar 21, 2023
PPIA:

Still doesn't invalidate my point... does it?

It does, try to me current... Learn that.
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by Obagreatdatoye(m): 4:36pm On Mar 21, 2023
PPIA:

Theodore Roosevelt,
Franklin D. Roosevelt,
James K. Polk,
Andrew Jackson,
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Show us the tattoo then...
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by engrelvis(m): 4:38pm On Mar 21, 2023
Rubyjade:
wHAT YOUR CULTURE? MOST OF THE THINGS YOU DO HAVE FOREIGN COLORATION TO IT
Who allowed d coloration? is it not u? colonial mentality.
Re: "What Has A Leg Chain Got To Do With Acquiring A Job" by Harrynight(m): 4:39pm On Mar 21, 2023
Qatar2022:

White man we hear you, what value did leg chain add in a person life?

What value does neck chain and wrist chain add to a person's life?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Osun State Tescom Recruitment 2012 / Man Threatens To Resume At Any Company If He Doesn't Get A Job / Recruitment Into State Civil Service. Interview Questions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.