Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Igbos Survived The Civil War Because Gowon Wanted Them To - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Survived The Civil War Because Gowon Wanted Them To (996 Views)

Oba saga: You want 2 create 3rd World War because Obi didn't win - Taiwo to OBJ / FFK: 99% Of Buhari's Supporters Will Kiss His Old Arse If He Wanted Them To / Election: How Buhari Survived The Gang Up Of Ex-Generals - Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Survived The Civil War Because Gowon Wanted Them To by mrrandomguy: 12:51pm On Mar 21, 2023
He could have allowed his northern soldiers to wipe them out if he wanted.

I see some ibgo boasting about being a survivor of the civil war.

LegendHero:

C’mon it’s one Nigeria.

Anyone can become governor anywhere so far they are Nigerian citizen and people vote for them. Gbadebo speak Igbo fluently, his mom and wife are Igbo and even tho he is Yoruba through the father side, Igbo people are not tribalist and they don’t care about where anyone come from.

So far you are competent, you can govern any Igbo state.
Let him go and contest in Anambra.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Survived The Civil War Because Gowon Wanted Them To by waynetee(m): 1:02pm On Mar 21, 2023
And Nigeria especially yorubas tried to take them in and rehabilitate them after the war... How is it possible lead people that are better and has power than you?

Atleast they should show us a prove how they are better. all the states managed by them are all terrorists den where simon Ekpa control them to sit at from Twitter. Make den get sense now

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Survived The Civil War Because Gowon Wanted Them To by Lizzysamuel(f): 1:03pm On Mar 21, 2023
mrrandomguy:

All these toddlers.

Atleast Igbos have fought a war.

Coward Yoruba's, ordinary Kwara, Fulanis defeated you guys and took your lands.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos Survived The Civil War Because Gowon Wanted Them To by Mastersure: 1:03pm On Mar 21, 2023
grin
Re: Igbos Survived The Civil War Because Gowon Wanted Them To by Penguin2: 1:08pm On Mar 21, 2023
mrrandomguy:

And what’s your point now?

That Tinubu is going to supervise a war where Igbos will be wiped out?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Survived The Civil War Because Gowon Wanted Them To by NigerianAngelo(m): 1:21pm On Mar 21, 2023
mrrandomguy:

God can kill you for this your rubbish statement. Delete it.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Survived The Civil War Because Gowon Wanted Them To by Isobug: 1:32pm On Mar 21, 2023
mrrandomguy:

My goodness, what has Igbo people done to these set of hateful half human beings? Igbo this Igbo that. What a bigotry at it's hight, habaa

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Survived The Civil War Because Gowon Wanted Them To by gidgiddy: 1:38pm On Mar 21, 2023
waynetee:
And Nigeria especially yorubas tried to take them in and rehabilitate them after the war... How is it possible lead people that are better and has power than you?

Atleast they should show us a prove how they are better. all the states managed by them are all terrorists den where simon Ekpa control them to sit at from Twitter. Make den get sense now

Yes we Igbos have seen what you people have done with power since the end of the war, over 50 years

You people messed Nigeria up for over 50 years, turned it into poverty capital of the world, made it 8th most terrorised country on earth and turned it into a joke of a country that cant even conduct credible elections

You guys should clap for your selves and power

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Survived The Civil War Because Gowon Wanted Them To by adecz: 1:42pm On Mar 21, 2023
Ojukwu kwenu❗️❗️
Re: Igbos Survived The Civil War Because Gowon Wanted Them To by wahahlawahala: 2:00pm On Mar 21, 2023
Isobug:

Bigots are doomed for self destruction of mind. Turn back
fly away to other threads to correct your brothers and sisters, I would take u serious after... Hypocrite!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Survived The Civil War Because Gowon Wanted Them To by waynetee(m): 2:57pm On Mar 21, 2023
gidgiddy:

Yes we Igbos have seen what you people have done with power since the end of the war, over 50 years

You people messed Nigeria up for over 50 years, turned it into poverty capital of the world, made it 8th most terrorised country on earth and turned it into a joke of a country that cant even conduct credible elections

You guys should clap for your selves and power

It is igbo mistakes that we are still paying for right now because regional type of government is the best for us but leaders from your tribe because of greed call for centric power. Why should we give you power so that you will make another big blunder again.

You can rule yourselves, not us.. We do not want a country like SE states that is ungovernable.
Re: Igbos Survived The Civil War Because Gowon Wanted Them To by FarahAideed: 3:04pm On Mar 21, 2023
Even Hitler with his large powerful army could wipe out the Jews in Germany and you the weak untrained Nigerian Army would have wiped out 30 million Igbos at the time 😅😅😅😅 some of you are just clowns

1 Like

Re: Igbos Survived The Civil War Because Gowon Wanted Them To by Israel07: 3:20pm On Mar 21, 2023
waynetee:

Nigeria ( a whole country) which includes Youruba then tried to rehabilitate Igbos. I don't understand, u well so? Igbos didn't even loose at the war front, we lost due to starvation sponsored by ur Ancestor the shameless Awolowo after betraying the same man that saved him. He didn't stop there, he reaped us of our wealth n handed them mere 5 pounds and you're talking of rehabilitation. Is you mad? How are you better and which power is talking about? The one that u couldn't use to recover your land from Fulani till today? Nigga Igbos fought the whole Nigeria aided by UK and France n u idiots that only know how to shout Ah ah ah, couldn't face a handful of Fulani men. Cowards, you've power but ordinary propaganda of No man's land and you get insecure, chai. Typical Afonja, lazy losers!

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Survived The Civil War Because Gowon Wanted Them To by gidgiddy: 3:21pm On Mar 21, 2023
waynetee:

It is igbo mistakes that we are still paying for right now because regional type of government is the best for us but leaders from your tribe because of greed call for centric power. Why should we give you power so that you will make another big blunder again.

You can rule yourselves, not us.. We do not want a country like SE states that is ungovernable.

So why have those who have been ruling Nigeria since the war ended over 59 years ago not returned Regionalism?

Are you aware that it was a Northerner called Gowon who abolished the 4 Regions Nigeria had and created 12 states?

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Survived The Civil War Because Gowon Wanted Them To by Israel07: 3:27pm On Mar 21, 2023
gidgiddy:

So why have those who have been ruling Nigeria since the war ended over 59 years ago not returned Regionalism?

Are you aware that it was a Northerner called Gowon who abolished the 4 Regions Nigeria had and created 12 states?

Don't mind the boy, they're always good at starting a propaganda n then change the narrative, he is trying to re-write history for us

1 Like

Re: Igbos Survived The Civil War Because Gowon Wanted Them To by waynetee(m): 4:04pm On Mar 21, 2023
gidgiddy:

Lol, go and study your books kid.. Ironsi unified the 4 regions to one so that he could rule over them, Gowon only break them down to states.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Survived The Civil War Because Gowon Wanted Them To by waynetee(m): 4:07pm On Mar 21, 2023
Israel07:

Nigeria ( a whole country) which includes Youruba then tried to rehabilitate Igbos. I don't understand, u well so? Igbos didn't even loose at the war front, we lost due to starvation sponsored by ur Ancestor the shameless Awolowo after betraying the same man that saved him. He didn't stop there, he reaped us of our wealth n handed them mere 5 pounds and you're talking of rehabilitation. Is you mad? How are you better and which power is talking about? The one that u couldn't use to recover your land from Fulani till today? Nigga Igbos fought the whole Nigeria aided by UK and France n u idiots that only know how to shout Ah ah ah, couldn't face a handful of Fulani men. Cowards, you've power but ordinary propaganda of No man's land and you get insecure, chai. Typical Afonja, lazy losers!
Mumu, its called War, you win some while you lose some. Why dont you mention the ones yoruba won.

And Which which war una papa don win before? When yorubas were building empires and taking the fulanis as slaves, your papa dey hide inside forests eating themselves . Get sense abeg
Re: Igbos Survived The Civil War Because Gowon Wanted Them To by Israel07: 4:18pm On Mar 21, 2023
waynetee:

Mumu, its called War, you win some while you lose some. Why dont you mention the ones yoruba won.

And Which which war una papa don win before? When yorubas were building empires and taking the fulanis as slaves, your papa dey hide inside claves eating themselves . Get sense abeg

If u talk next time leave my parents out of it if u love urself, I won't ever mention urs cos I cherish mine, now what war u talking about now? U was definitely talking about how u rehabilitated some imaginary people in ur head n I schooled you, you didn't win any empire at any point in time stop lying to yourself. You lost your land to a handful of Fulani men and you call it war? Joker! U want to compare Biafran war to afonja war abii. War is different from two fighting you people did in ur little clan, can u guys even fight to start with after consuming hydraulic green ewedu with aqueous Amala dudu where 'll strength come from. I dismantle one yesterday for here. Shut ur mouth, go n collect ur land first n then come n talk.
Re: Igbos Survived The Civil War Because Gowon Wanted Them To by Rikkely: 4:37pm On Mar 21, 2023
Israel07:

If u talk next time leave my parents out of it if u love urself, I won't ever mention urs cos I cherish mine, now what war u talking about now? U was definitely talking about how u rehabilitated some imaginary people in ur head n I schooled you, you didn't win any empire at any point in time stop lying to yourself. You lost your land to a handful of Fulani men and you call it war? Joker! U want to compare Biafran war to afonja war abii. War is different from two fighting you people did in ur little clan, can u guys even fight to start with after consuming hydraulic green ewedu with aqueous Amala dudu where 'll strength come from. I dismantle one yesterday for here. Shut ur mouth, go n collect ur land first n then come n talk.

I've told you guys to stop talking rubbish, una no get any single balls, until you take ilorin back from the Fulani's before i will take Yoruba's
serious, cowards and weak link tribe
Re: Igbos Survived The Civil War Because Gowon Wanted Them To by Rikkely: 4:38pm On Mar 21, 2023
Israel07:

There's no difference between your men and women, no balls
Re: Igbos Survived The Civil War Because Gowon Wanted Them To by xangerar: 5:16pm On Mar 21, 2023
mrrandomguy:

When you talk your ignorance becomes so obvious and you could be someone some people look upto. So you do not know that even in war there are rules. You think Russia could not have wiped out Ukraine in one hour.

There are regulations as to warfare and there are war crimes too.
Re: Igbos Survived The Civil War Because Gowon Wanted Them To by flokii: 5:23pm On Mar 21, 2023
True.. Gowon has a heart of gold.. reason he wasn't killed in the coup that overthrew his governmemt.

Honestly Igbos don't know they ought to be grateful to other Nigerians for giving them back the space and acceptance to live anywhere after the war.. NYSC, return of Igbo properties in the South West, a whole 20 pounds each to every Igbo to start life all over; those who had proof of their funds in the bank got everything back courtesy of Obafemi Awolowo. All these to help re-integrate Igbos into Nigeria after Ojukwu fled.

Most Igbos don't know that they have billionaires in the East today because a Yoruba man deemed it fit to return all they had as savings to them. They go about boasting instead of eating the humble pie and conduct themselves as good citizens.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Survived The Civil War Because Gowon Wanted Them To by Idiotseverywher: 6:22pm On Mar 21, 2023
mrrandomguy:

. The Federal troop had only 2 weeks left for them based on the British secret service information and British frustration that upon all the money spent and ammunitions provided they could not win Biafra, what the Biafra did not know was they were tricked into surrendering, according to MI 15, the Biafran commandos were planning a serious offensive with suicide attack in Nigerian only surviving 3rd marine brigade before Philip Effiong hasty surrender , tyres British government was the hired machineries were about to full pig ft m the war because they have lost about foreign machineries , but if the war is up more hmmm, I wonder

(1) (Reply)

I Think APC Finally Met An Opposition In 2023 Check Out / Presidential Yacht Delivered Before Public Outcry, Says Ndume / Party Agents Exchange Blows At Imo Collation Centre(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.