Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,463 members, 7,801,156 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

What A Man Did After We Cleared The Bush We Were Paid For - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What A Man Did After We Cleared The Bush We Were Paid For (1278 Views)

Nigerian Social Media Influencers Were Paid To Support Alez Saab / See What Sokoto Citizens Did After APC Chieftains Departed Sultan's Palace / Those Booing Fayose Were Paid By Fayemi - Lere Olayinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What A Man Did After We Cleared The Bush We Were Paid For by 55truth: 4:27pm On Mar 21, 2023
Hello, I just want to share this with you all and I thank God for giving me the grace to defeat the devil, and not fall into the temptation.

This happened last week but to share it with anyone never crossed my mind. So when I saw this other news of a mechanic who returned N10.8m mistakenly paid into his account, it inspired me to share my own story here on Nairaland since it's a faceless forum.

This is the story of the mechanic: https://guardian.ng/news/mechanic-returns-%E2%82%A6%E2%80%8E10-8m-mistakenly-sent-to-his-account/

So myself and one other man whom I dont want to call a colleague since it was just that job that brought us together. Were given a contract to clear a bush for someone. Around the area, there are cassava farms. After clearing the bush, I was surprised the man suggested stealing cassava from people's farm. First, I thought he was joking. He complained of his family starving because of no garri at home, and that was why he wanted to steal cassava from people's farm to take home and make Garri. I was very surprise to hear that from him. So I told him that even me I don't have garri at home too but I cannot because of that steal someone's cassava. To my surprise, he left me and went inside the cassava farm, saying if I like, I should join or get out. He went into the farm and started uprooting the cassava. That was when I knew he was serious. I rebuked such move and ran away as quickly as I could till I reached the main road.

So even after running far away from him, I still wanted to be sure if he really mean what he said, so I waited at the main road to see for myself. 30 minutes later, to my surprise this man came out with a big bag of cassava on his head. How did he get the bag to put the cassava is something I can't even explain till now. I guess he had in mind to do that from the beginning, that is why he came with a bag. Or may be he has been doing that all the while, so it wasn't really a new thing to him. The moment I sighted him coming out with a big bag of cassava, I didn't want him to even come near me or walk with me. From there, I escaped from him with no trace.

I haven't seen him again since then and I don't care to see. God forbid that I do that even when I'm surviving on menial jobs and my family are hungry and starving and even without a kobo sometimes. Imagine if he was caught. And imagine if I joined him and two of us were caught. God forbid. Imagine trending on social media of two men caught stealing cassava, stripped naked and beaten around. God forbid. I rather die of hunger (which God will never allowed to happen) than doing that. I say again, God forbid.

This post is inspired by the story of the man, to show that despite the harsh economy of Nigeria, there are good Nigerians who cannot take what does not belong to them. I'm glad to be one of the Nigerians.

Finally, I don't know the owner of the farm. May be I could have reported to the person.

Thank you for reading.

10 Likes

Re: What A Man Did After We Cleared The Bush We Were Paid For by SadiqBabaSani: 4:30pm On Mar 21, 2023
Good one.

You are just like the man who returned the money, honesty doesnt need to pay you with money, it pays you with peace pf mind

6 Likes

Re: What A Man Did After We Cleared The Bush We Were Paid For by 55truth: 4:34pm On Mar 21, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:
Good one.

You are just like the man who returned the money, honesty doesnt need to pay you with money, it pays you with peace of mind

Exactly. At least i left with peace of mind.

1 Like

Re: What A Man Did After We Cleared The Bush We Were Paid For by ILikeYou: 4:36pm On Mar 21, 2023
You did well. God bless you for not letting tge devil use you.
Re: What A Man Did After We Cleared The Bush We Were Paid For by NairalandSon: 4:42pm On Mar 21, 2023
Good name is better than silver and gold. Just as you have said, imagine you got involved and got caught. What would have come upon you is something you would forever not forget, that is if you even survived. And guess, put your trust in God. You'll never see shame.

1 Like

Re: What A Man Did After We Cleared The Bush We Were Paid For by Neverslumber(f): 4:45pm On Mar 21, 2023
Some people are shameless. Imagine stealing someone's cassava.
Re: What A Man Did After We Cleared The Bush We Were Paid For by Bigplatoon: 5:04pm On Mar 21, 2023
Nobility is for a noble man
Re: What A Man Did After We Cleared The Bush We Were Paid For by Zonefree(m): 5:04pm On Mar 21, 2023
Running away from the crime scene does not make you a righteous or noble person. You enabled him to commit the crime by running away.

You should have ordered him out of the farm or even threatened to make a report if he insists on stealing the cassava.

The poor old woman that cultivated the cassava will have nothing to harvest cos you ran away when your colleague was stealing her cassava.

3 Likes

Re: What A Man Did After We Cleared The Bush We Were Paid For by 55truth: 5:08pm On Mar 21, 2023
NairalandSon:
Good name is better than silver and gold. Just as you have said, imagine you got involved and got caught. What would have come upon you is something you would forever not forget, that is if you even survived. And guess, put your trust in God. You'll never see shame.

Thank you so much. I have learnt not to keep anything that does not belong to me.
Re: What A Man Did After We Cleared The Bush We Were Paid For by Onedayoneday: 5:18pm On Mar 21, 2023
Never steal and never be part of of the stealing process.

2 Likes

Re: What A Man Did After We Cleared The Bush We Were Paid For by 55truth: 5:20pm On Mar 21, 2023
Zonefree:
Running away from the crime scene does not make you a righteous or noble person. You enabled him to commit the crime by running away.

You should have ordered him out of the farm or even threatened to make a report if he insists on stealing the cassava.

The poor old woman that cultivated the cassava will have nothing to harvest cos you ran away when your colleague was stealing her cassava.

Sounds good like the right thing that should have been done. That didnt even cross my mind. Even if i tried to do that, do you also consider my safety in that lonely place?

4 Likes

Re: What A Man Did After We Cleared The Bush We Were Paid For by Zonefree(m): 5:27pm On Mar 21, 2023
55truth:

Sounds good like the right thing that should have been done. That didnt even cross my mind. Even if i tried to do that, do you also consider my safety in that lonely place?
Like, he could have killed you so he can steal the cassava undecided

4 Likes

Re: What A Man Did After We Cleared The Bush We Were Paid For by 55truth: 5:33pm On Mar 21, 2023
Zonefree:

Like, he could have killed you so he can steal the cassava undecided

What do you think when only two of us were there?

3 Likes

Re: What A Man Did After We Cleared The Bush We Were Paid For by Nobody: 5:57pm On Mar 21, 2023
Everyone is claiming to be a saint online sad
Re: What A Man Did After We Cleared The Bush We Were Paid For by 55truth: 8:22pm On Mar 21, 2023
Merch:
Everyone is claiming to be a saint online sad

Not all at. I never said I am
Re: What A Man Did After We Cleared The Bush We Were Paid For by PowerOfLove: 8:37pm On Mar 21, 2023
Thank God you didn't do it. Thank God you didn't do it. Imagine stealing cassava.
Re: What A Man Did After We Cleared The Bush We Were Paid For by malcom1X: 10:47pm On Mar 21, 2023
Why doesn't he just plant his own cassava?
Re: What A Man Did After We Cleared The Bush We Were Paid For by BOLATINUBU01: 5:52am On Mar 22, 2023
U for nack the man Cutlass for back, so as to reset his brain
Re: What A Man Did After We Cleared The Bush We Were Paid For by Houseontherock1: 6:14am On Mar 22, 2023
He had a cutlass or whatever he used for the clearing, arguing or fighting with him would have been a bad idea since you couldn't convince him not to steal people's sweat.

However, you could have told the person who gave you the clearing work because once he hears cassava was stolen around his farm, he'll know his labourers did it.

They may eventually arrest you both and if care is not taken, your thieving partner may just decide to not go down alone! Your silence after the show is what bothers me; the guy won't learn!

2 Likes

Re: What A Man Did After We Cleared The Bush We Were Paid For by Onedayoneday: 6:40am On Mar 22, 2023
Houseontherock1:
He had a cutlass or whatever he used for the clearing, arguing or fighting with him would have been a bad idea since you couldn't convince him not to steal people's sweat.

However, you could have told the person who gave you the clearing work because once he hears cassava was stolen around his farm, he'll know his labourers did it.

They may eventually arrest you both and if care is not taken, your thieving partner may just decide to not go down alone! Your silence after the show is what bothers me; the guy won't learn!

Exactly what crossed my mind. He could have told who contracted them.

1 Like

Re: What A Man Did After We Cleared The Bush We Were Paid For by 55truth: 8:21am On Mar 22, 2023
Houseontherock1:

I think I have to do this but that is risky. Should anything go bad, the man will come back to fight me.
Re: What A Man Did After We Cleared The Bush We Were Paid For by NairalandSon: 12:38pm On Mar 22, 2023
55truth:

Thank you so much. I have learnt not to keep anything that does not belong to me.

You are welcome. Keep being good at your best.
Re: What A Man Did After We Cleared The Bush We Were Paid For by DSC7: 1:00pm On Mar 22, 2023
Zonefree:

A hungry man is an Angry man....

What if in the process of ordering him out of the farm the man attacked and maybe hacked him to death with a matchet? undecided
Re: What A Man Did After We Cleared The Bush We Were Paid For by Tookool(m): 1:06pm On Mar 22, 2023
So you waited for him on the road for over 30 minutes?
Re: What A Man Did After We Cleared The Bush We Were Paid For by 55truth: 7:18am On Mar 23, 2023
Tookool:
So you waited for him on the road for over 30 minutes?

Yes, I did. Can't say the exact time. It might be plus or minus.
Re: What A Man Did After We Cleared The Bush We Were Paid For by 55truth: 7:19am On Mar 23, 2023
DSC7:

A hungry man is an Angry man....

What if in the process of ordering him out of the farm the man attacked and maybe hacked him to death with a matchet? undecided

I said the same thing to him earlier
Re: What A Man Did After We Cleared The Bush We Were Paid For by scrolldown88: 1:59pm On May 25, 2023
55truth:
He complained of his family starving because of no garri at home, and that was why he wanted to steal cassava from people's farm to take home and make Garri.

Seams like a waste of time, energy, and stealing intelligence. Instead of stealing cassava and then using it to make garri. Is it not better to just look for where to steal garri?

(1) (Reply)

Attention To Seun / How Senators Voted In The 10th Senate / There Is No Law That Bars An Elective Officeholder From Having Dual Citizenship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.