Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

China’s President Xi Calls Putin "Dear Friend" As They Meet In Moscow (Photos) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / China’s President Xi Calls Putin "Dear Friend" As They Meet In Moscow (Photos) (30312 Views)

Chinese President Xi Jinping's Aide Stopped By Security In South Africa (Video) / Russia's Massive World War 2 "Victory Day" Military Parade In Moscow (Pix, Vid) / Vladimir Putin Holds Rally In Moscow (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

China’s President Xi Calls Putin "Dear Friend" As They Meet In Moscow (Photos) by WriterNig: 7:24pm On Mar 21, 2023
🇨🇳 China's President Xi Jinping arrived Monday in Moscow for his first visit to 🇷🇺 Russia since his counterpart Vladimir Putin launched his invasion of Ukraine. Xi's visit was expected to last three days.

"Dear President Putin. I always call you my dear friend. I am very pleased at your invitation to visit Russia again on a state visit, especially right after my re-election as President of the PRC, and I chose Russia as the first country of my foreign visit."

"I am confident that the visit will be fruitful and give new impetus to the healthy and stable development of China-Russia relations of comprehensive partnership and strategic cooperation in a new era," Xi said after arriving in Moscow, according to state-run Russian news agency Tass.

The Chinese leader was greeted by Putin, who commended China's growth in recent years, saying "we even envy you a little."

Putin also said that he had "carefully studied" China's proposal to end the war in Ukraine. That plan, which urges respect for the "sovereignty of all countries," does not call for a withdrawal of Russian troops from Ukraine.

"You are also aware that we are always open to the negotiation process. We will, of course, discuss all these issues, including your initiatives, which we treat with respect," Putin said.

"I expect that during the visit I will thoroughly exchange views with President Vladimir Putin on bilateral relations and important regional and international topics of mutual interest, and outline a plan for developing strategic interaction and practical cooperation," Xi said.

NBC News || Axios

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: China’s President Xi Calls Putin "Dear Friend" As They Meet In Moscow (Photos) by WriterNig: 7:24pm On Mar 21, 2023
👍🏻Like for Russia-Putin, share for USA/Nazi/NATO

247 Likes 17 Shares

Re: China’s President Xi Calls Putin "Dear Friend" As They Meet In Moscow (Photos) by WriterNig: 7:24pm On Mar 21, 2023
🇷🇺 😍 FM Sergei Lavrov & Dmitry Medvedev having a swell time. 😊 ❤️

93 Likes 4 Shares

Re: China’s President Xi Calls Putin "Dear Friend" As They Meet In Moscow (Photos) by Arda1000(m): 7:26pm On Mar 21, 2023
China knows whats best for them

90 Likes 2 Shares

Re: China’s President Xi Calls Putin "Dear Friend" As They Meet In Moscow (Photos) by azadus18: 7:27pm On Mar 21, 2023
Two of the most powerful people in the world

196 Likes 12 Shares

Re: China’s President Xi Calls Putin "Dear Friend" As They Meet In Moscow (Photos) by humilitypays(m): 7:27pm On Mar 21, 2023
Op change your username to: PutinWriter or Writer4Russia undecided

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: China’s President Xi Calls Putin "Dear Friend" As They Meet In Moscow (Photos) by habsydiamond(m): 7:28pm On Mar 21, 2023
I thought they said this man should be arrested.. what's stopping them from arresting him... fear no be better thing oo

160 Likes 9 Shares

Re: China’s President Xi Calls Putin "Dear Friend" As They Meet In Moscow (Photos) by God1000(m): 7:31pm On Mar 21, 2023
Axis of evil

Xi jinping should not even think of supplying Russia with weapons.

He should talk sense to Putin

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: China’s President Xi Calls Putin "Dear Friend" As They Meet In Moscow (Photos) by helinues: 7:33pm On Mar 21, 2023
Aren't they?
Re: China’s President Xi Calls Putin "Dear Friend" As They Meet In Moscow (Photos) by WriterNig: 7:34pm On Mar 21, 2023
Arda1000:
China knows whats best for them

China needs Russia to protect it from NATO. Also needs cheap gas and nuclear technology. Russia is the largest producer of Uranium in the world.

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: China’s President Xi Calls Putin "Dear Friend" As They Meet In Moscow (Photos) by Dave0116(m): 7:37pm On Mar 21, 2023
Communist countries seem to be doing way better than capitalist ones 🤔

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: China’s President Xi Calls Putin "Dear Friend" As They Meet In Moscow (Photos) by Arda1000(m): 7:37pm On Mar 21, 2023
WriterNig:

China needs Russia to protect it from NATO. Also needs cheap gas and nuclear technology. Russia is the largest producer of Uranium in the world.
that's what am saying g

5 Likes

Re: China’s President Xi Calls Putin "Dear Friend" As They Meet In Moscow (Photos) by Onucs(m): 7:44pm On Mar 21, 2023
Those 2 are like brothers wink

15 Likes

Re: China’s President Xi Calls Putin "Dear Friend" As They Meet In Moscow (Photos) by Iamdbull: 7:44pm On Mar 21, 2023
Dbull on this one!!!

Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: China’s President Xi Calls Putin "Dear Friend" As They Meet In Moscow (Photos) by HydraFeeds(m): 7:45pm On Mar 21, 2023
He just came to rescue him from ICC .
Re: China’s President Xi Calls Putin "Dear Friend" As They Meet In Moscow (Photos) by DMerciful(m): 7:45pm On Mar 21, 2023
US is indirectly fighting both countries, ofcourse, it would push them together

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: China’s President Xi Calls Putin "Dear Friend" As They Meet In Moscow (Photos) by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 21, 2023
Peter Obi is coming!!

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: China’s President Xi Calls Putin "Dear Friend" As They Meet In Moscow (Photos) by Nayturalistic: 7:45pm On Mar 21, 2023
WHEN YOU KNOW UR PLACE, everything will go well for you.

OBI should learn from China.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: China’s President Xi Calls Putin "Dear Friend" As They Meet In Moscow (Photos) by bigdammyj: 7:45pm On Mar 21, 2023
Noted.
Re: China’s President Xi Calls Putin "Dear Friend" As They Meet In Moscow (Photos) by EyezofGod120: 7:45pm On Mar 21, 2023
cheesy
Re: China’s President Xi Calls Putin "Dear Friend" As They Meet In Moscow (Photos) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:45pm On Mar 21, 2023
Dear COMRADE

Together let's changed OUR world
Re: China’s President Xi Calls Putin "Dear Friend" As They Meet In Moscow (Photos) by Brunosamel(m): 7:45pm On Mar 21, 2023
Putin is my role Model.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: China’s President Xi Calls Putin "Dear Friend" As They Meet In Moscow (Photos) by tesppidd: 7:46pm On Mar 21, 2023
Short man Putin. I no know why short people dey wicked well well.

Btw, how do they pronounce XI

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: China’s President Xi Calls Putin "Dear Friend" As They Meet In Moscow (Photos) by LikeAking: 7:46pm On Mar 21, 2023
When two short men become close friends..
Re: China’s President Xi Calls Putin "Dear Friend" As They Meet In Moscow (Photos) by tommy589(m): 7:47pm On Mar 21, 2023
Power is not permanent. What is Putin looking for in Western nations,International court won't arrest him if he limits his visits to China, India and other friendly countries

2 Likes

Re: China’s President Xi Calls Putin "Dear Friend" As They Meet In Moscow (Photos) by Aldebaran(m): 7:47pm On Mar 21, 2023
The Two World's Strongest Men

While the ones that heads the United States always get nervous and offended to see other country's grow... grin

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: China’s President Xi Calls Putin "Dear Friend" As They Meet In Moscow (Photos) by Karlifate: 7:48pm On Mar 21, 2023
Power attracts Power.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: China’s President Xi Calls Putin "Dear Friend" As They Meet In Moscow (Photos) by Felabrity: 7:48pm On Mar 21, 2023
Most powerful men right now

Biden is no match

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BBC Tweets That Donald Trump Was Shot & Later Apologised / Lessons From Nigeria Leave Ghanaians Confused On Election Day / Man Arrested With Loaded Gun and Fake Inauguration Credentials In Washington

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.