Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Labour Party Candidate In Edo State Resigns From Party. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Party Candidate In Edo State Resigns From Party. (736 Views)

AAC Expels Sowore And 26 Others From Party / Shehu Sani Dumps APC, Resigns From Party / APC Speaks On Removal Of Orji Uzor Kalu's Name From Party's Register (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Labour Party Candidate In Edo State Resigns From Party. by Nanorest: 9:17pm On Mar 21, 2023
Three days after the election, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has released the results into the Edo State House of Assembly which showed the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) leading the pack with 12 seats out of the 24-member house followed by the All Progressives Congress (APC) with eight seats while the Labour Party (LP) has won one seat and election into three seats inconclusive.

Meanwhile the LP candidate for Ovia North East constituency, Victor Nosa Omoregie has resigned his membership of the party alleging that he was seen as a mole for the PDP by members of the party.
In a press statement he personally signed, Omoregie said he was comfortable with the outcome of the election which he said has curtailed the APC from its intention of taking over the state house of assembly.

He said “I contested the election under the ticket of Labour Party but was never genuinely accepted into the party as I was regarded as a mole and agent working for PDP. This damaging assertion went viral in the social media. The Labour Party leadership from top to the bottom worked hard to demean my person to the extent of creating identity confusion leading to the mix up in the name of my constituency and constituency 2 candidature.

“As it stands, as far as I am concerned, the Labour Party in Edo State today is not what the masses expect it to be. Perhaps, the presence of the “Obidient” factor attempted to give life to it but without success for now.

“I cannot under any circumstance wish to continue to identify myself with the party particularly with the present crop of party leadership who appear to understand little or nothing about political management.

“In the light of the above, I forthwith severe myself from Labour Party and consolidate my membership of PDP which is my family party.

“I must say that I am satisfied with the outcome of the election because it has succeeded in curtailing the attempt by APC to control the Edo State House of Assembly with conceived evil intentions aimed at destabilizing the State.”

A press statement by the Head of Department, Voter Education/Publicity, Timidi Wariowei showed that the PDP won in Akoko-Edo I and Akoko-Edo II.

Other constituencies won by the party are Esan Central, Esan North East II, Esan South East, Igueben, Ikpoba-Okha, Orhionmwon II, Ovia North East I, Ovia North East II, Owan West and Uhunmwonde while the APC won in Esan North East I, Esan West, Etsako Central, Etsako East, Etsako West I, Etsako West II, Orhionmwon I, and Owan East.

The LP won in Oredo West constituency while Oredo East, Egor and Ovia South West constituencies were declared inconclusive.
Re: Labour Party Candidate In Edo State Resigns From Party. by N3TRAL: 9:19pm On Mar 21, 2023
The Marxist club codenamed Loser's Party reached it's climax on 25th February 2023.

It can only go downwards. With a woeful Gubernatorial outing, the party is dead and buried.

Obi can defect to NNPP and become the Vice president of Kano State.

4 Likes

Re: Labour Party Candidate In Edo State Resigns From Party. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 21, 2023
Laughable , anything that does not begin with good intentions don’t last. We watch. Iyaebethegreat =1000000, Nairalanders=0

3 Likes

Re: Labour Party Candidate In Edo State Resigns From Party. by Onheart(f): 9:19pm On Mar 21, 2023
Okay
Re: Labour Party Candidate In Edo State Resigns From Party. by Emir01: 9:20pm On Mar 21, 2023
There's no difference between LP and PDP

3 Likes

Re: Labour Party Candidate In Edo State Resigns From Party. by BlackAdams007: 9:22pm On Mar 21, 2023
Lp, was never a party for weaklings☺️
Re: Labour Party Candidate In Edo State Resigns From Party. by Sergio101(m): 9:23pm On Mar 21, 2023
I don't expect urchins to read the body of this message.

I only expect them to read the headline and begin cursing.

Well.....it is much expected.

There will be setbacks.......but what matters most is obi's own action.

He will never back down I know......and a formidable Apex will be reached

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Labour Party Candidate In Edo State Resigns From Party. by iokpebholo: 9:25pm On Mar 21, 2023
Them don dey go,one by one grin[center][/center][center][/
Re: Labour Party Candidate In Edo State Resigns From Party. by Nanorest: 9:29pm On Mar 21, 2023
Sergio101:
I don't expect urchins to read the body of this message.

I only expect them to read the headline and begin cursing.

Well.....it is much expected.

There will be setbacks.......but what matters most is obi's own action.

He will never back down I know......and a formidable Apex will be reached

Do you read when the headline is about APC?

2 Likes

Re: Labour Party Candidate In Edo State Resigns From Party. by Okoroawusa: 9:44pm On Mar 21, 2023
Labour Party na party wey person fit take better eyes enter?

1 Like

Re: Labour Party Candidate In Edo State Resigns From Party. by mymadam(m): 9:54pm On Mar 21, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Laughable , anything that does not begin with good intentions don’t last. We watch. Iyaebethegreat =1000000, Nairalanders=0

Hian, you again. I hope sey u no go kee me sha 😂😂😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Labour Party Candidate In Edo State Resigns From Party. by 40Bullets: 9:58pm On Mar 21, 2023
Instead of APC being worried about how Tinubu won't lose, they are talking about LP member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcaBavwyE88?

Live

(1) (Reply)

List Of 5 Most Intelligent Tribes In Africa / Audio Tape: Peter Obi Sues, People Gazzete Suspend Journalists That Posted audio / Indian Prime Minister Invites President-elect, Tinubu To G-20 Summit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.