Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

Sue Tinubu With Evidence That He Rigged; Petition On Drug Won't Fly- Reno Omokri - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sue Tinubu With Evidence That He Rigged; Petition On Drug Won't Fly- Reno Omokri (43208 Views)

Rivers Elders Sue Tinubu, Fubara, INEC Chairman Over 8-point Resolution / Former CSU President To Sue Tinubu Over Forgery / "Tell believeable lies," these ones won't fly - Okorocha fires Ihedioha, PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sue Tinubu With Evidence That He Rigged; Petition On Drug Won't Fly- Reno Omokri by byteem: 11:47pm On Mar 22, 2023
StreetFight:

You just said it yourself. He was not convicted, so what are you suing him for? Are you suing for not convicted?

No he was fined after a plea bargain deal.. the the constitution locks him out .. no way on this.. it will just be too messy ..even by chance he escapes this , he still gets trapped on other grounds .. if he wins he still looses if he looses he looses.. i dont envy those justices .. even if its said that bros has them on lockdown .. they still have their work cut out for them..
Re: Sue Tinubu With Evidence That He Rigged; Petition On Drug Won't Fly- Reno Omokri by byteem: 11:58pm On Mar 22, 2023
Parachoko:
If you have gone through the petition, you would have seen where Obi claimed his votes was giving to Asiwaju in 21 states

Dont mind the ignorant mofos.. one trap does not catch a rat.. Obi set more than 20 if he escapes one the other will catch him.. .. even if Supreme court manage to scale it through and declare him winner which is very possible considering their antecedents. the bad press ,publicity and documentation on record of the entire case will forever cast a shadow on the legitimacy of his govt .it will forever be documented on record and in history that a suspected drug baron became president of the world most populous black nation..so win u loose , loose u loose either way its a loss

they dont understand.. ignoramus.. all they know how to do is abuse and rant racial slurs .. the document is out in public domain common read them no fit
Re: Sue Tinubu With Evidence That He Rigged; Petition On Drug Won't Fly- Reno Omokri by richie240: 12:11am On Mar 23, 2023
Same 'talk/act first, think later' emotional outbursts akin to d usual suspects.
If he sues your sorry behind now (just as he sued AIT) na to hide behind 'fleedum of speech' o.
No problem, just watch and see as d tables are turned against ur principal.

If I were u I'll help him gather all d evidence that showed him being a drug Baron bcus failure to do so, he should expect to be countersued!
Na that time e go know say e don enter one chance!
cool

KanwuliaExtra:

Una wey over-sabi CARRY DRUG BARON CRIMINAL WITH FAKE AGE AND UNIV CERTIFICATE AS AREA GOD FADA nko? grin
Shameless thaaaangz.

Did you are RENO-MUMU ever bother to read all HUNDRED PAGES? undecided

Ok.

You and YOUR FELLOW MUMUS should read # 4.✅

I have made it easy for you and others that are cognitively-IMPAIRED!

https://www.nairaland.com/7622928/peter-obi-outsmarts-tinubu-shettima
Re: Sue Tinubu With Evidence That He Rigged; Petition On Drug Won't Fly- Reno Omokri by Mrmb: 5:00am On Mar 23, 2023
paramboos:
Oga mind your business, hypocrite. Is it your court, we don't need your useless advice please. Give it to your Atiku.

Okay, but your obinna is going down again.... Obinna is really pained by this loss, after all the fuss na third he carry. E pain am gaaan grin grin grin.. He even accused the same church he called upon to take their country back of lying saying this is not the will of God as said by the churches..... Hope obinna won't attempt suicide after losing at the courts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sue Tinubu With Evidence That He Rigged; Petition On Drug Won't Fly- Reno Omokri by beerfraud: 5:21am On Mar 23, 2023
byteem:

Dont mind the ignorant mofos.. one trap does not catch a rat.. Obi set more than 20 if he escapes one the other will catch him.. .. even if Supreme court manage to scale it through and declare him winner which is very possible considering their antecedents. the bad press ,publicity and documentation on record of the entire case will forever cast a shadow on the legitimacy of his govt .it will forever be documented on record and in history that a suspected drug baron became president of the world most populous black nation..so win u loose , loose u loose either way its a loss

they dont understand.. ignoramus.. all they know how to do is abuse and rant racial slurs .. the document is out in public domain common read them no fit
suspected but not convicted
Re: Sue Tinubu With Evidence That He Rigged; Petition On Drug Won't Fly- Reno Omokri by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 5:22am On Mar 23, 2023
Re: Sue Tinubu With Evidence That He Rigged; Petition On Drug Won't Fly- Reno Omokri by computer0810(m): 5:28am On Mar 23, 2023
searchlight:
Are you saying that the election was perfect? Or the Nigerian State is too corrupt to look at the flaws? What's your basis for argument?

Has there ever been a perfect election in Nigeria or anywhere in d world.....when even trump claimed to have been rigged out and Biden also complained about Russia hacking into the system to favour trump
Re: Sue Tinubu With Evidence That He Rigged; Petition On Drug Won't Fly- Reno Omokri by VanDerWaalforces: 7:18am On Mar 23, 2023
I see! But then, Mr. Rino cannot know what works than these professionals do; so lets keep our fingers crossed.
richie240:
Eyaaaaaa.. Siddon dia dey play!
If you get enough money to waste you will see SANS queuing up to prove that Donald Trump is ur father.
Lawyers?
grin
Re: Sue Tinubu With Evidence That He Rigged; Petition On Drug Won't Fly- Reno Omokri by Misterone: 9:15am On Mar 23, 2023
*Peter Obi's Petition At The Election Tribunal Is Bereft Of Statutory Allegations:*

By: *Barrister Obol Okoi Obono-Obla*

I have read a copy of the Petition filed on 21 March 2023 by the Presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi before the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal, Abuja.
In this write, I will only dwell on two issues raised in the Petition.

They are the alleged No-qualifications of the APC presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, and the Vice President's running mate Senator Kashim Shettima.

The petitioner (Peter Obi) alleged that the President-Elect is linked to drugs or narcotics.
I will quickly submit that linkage to drugs is not one of the disqualification criteria spelled out in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,1999 (as amended).

Before you can be barred from contesting you must have suffered a conviction that is related to dishonesty ten years before the election you want to contest.

In the case under reference it is alleged that the case took place in 1993 which is 20 years ago.
The election Asiwaju Bola Tinubu contested took place on 25 February 2023 more than 20 years after the event complained about.
Section 137 (e) of the 1999 constitution is a perfect answer to ground one of the Petition.

It provides as follows:
He has been convicted and sentenced for an offense involving dishonesty or he has been found guilty of contravention of the Code of Conduct.
Assuming the offense in which the President-Elect amounts to a criminal conviction, ten years have elapsed.

If the conviction took place in 1993, this is almost 20 years.
The Constitution contemplates the conviction to have taken place ten years from the date of the election in which the candidate participated.
A forfeiture proceeding that doesn't end in the conviction of the defendant is not a conviction in the eye of the law.

I do not think that a forfeiture proceeding is a criminal proceeding contemplated by the Constitution.
A forfeiture proceeding is a non-conviction proceeding.

There are two types of forfeiture proceedings.
They are civil and criminal.

Civil forfeiture proceedings, for example, are directed against property (independent of any criminal proceeding) alleged to have been used in criminal activity.

In the American context, these procedures require only that the government shows probable cause that the property was implicated in criminal activity.

On the other hand, criminal forfeiture proceedings require that the defendant go through the full process of a criminal trial and suffer a conviction.
When the defendant suffers a conviction any property he has found to derive from the proceeds of a crime is seized from him and forfeited to the government.

The second ground on which Peter Obi's Petition is hinged is that the Vice President-Elect, Senator Kashim Shettima filed a double nomination (Vice Presidential and senatorial).
Assuming Shettima indulged in double nomination it cannot be a ground for an election petition. The electoral act did not say that any candidate that indulges in double nomination is liable to disqualification.

It only prescribes a term of imprisonment if the person is found guilty.
That means the person has to go through an investigation, prosecution, and conviction.

This cannot be done through an election petition.
The Presidential Election Petition Tribunal has no jurisdiction to hear and determine this part of the Petition.

Lastly, the Petitioner alleges that the Election held on 25 February 2023 was marred by corrupt practices and was not conducted in compliance with the provisions of the Electoral Act,2022.

An answer to this issue is provided in section 138 of the Electoral Act which provides that the Tribunal cannot nullify an election if it found that it was conducted in substantial compliance with the provisions of the Electoral Act.

I think the Petition is blustery and vexatious.
I do not see Peter Obi winning this case based on the facts presented in his petition and the state of the Law.
Re: Sue Tinubu With Evidence That He Rigged; Petition On Drug Won't Fly- Reno Omokri by Novarisammy2: 9:48am On Mar 23, 2023
beerfraud:
Reno is always correct
is he also correct when he called tinubu a known drug lord?
was he equally correct when he said tinubu is sick?
Re: Sue Tinubu With Evidence That He Rigged; Petition On Drug Won't Fly- Reno Omokri by searchlight: 1:18pm On Mar 23, 2023
computer0810:

Has there ever been a perfect election in Nigeria or anywhere in d world.....when even trump claimed to have been rigged out and Biden also complained about Russia hacking into the system to favour trump
If the election is not perfect why are you pained that someone who feel cheated is challenging the election? You just confirmed that there are room to challenge the election
Re: Sue Tinubu With Evidence That He Rigged; Petition On Drug Won't Fly- Reno Omokri by gentlegenius(m): 1:44pm On Mar 23, 2023
Funflipper:

They say the end justifies the means. Just relax yourself and watch. Great things are around the corner for Nigerians with Tinubu (a tested administrator) as president.
Same thing you people say about Buhari... yet the end of it is disaster.
Re: Sue Tinubu With Evidence That He Rigged; Petition On Drug Won't Fly- Reno Omokri by sweetgala(m): 3:40pm On Mar 23, 2023
GeneralPula:

No, Supreme Court can’t. The case is not even at Supreme Court yet, it’s appeal court..

The only reason FCT was added to become a state during election is simply cuz any votes you get from FCT won’t be useless. Imagine a candidate securing 25% in 23 states, and then secured 25% in FCT. If FCT isn’t added as a state for election, such votes is useless. This is why they added it. It has no prerequisite at all regarding winning elections..

I absolutely agree with you and I understand the statement "36 states and the FCT" as written in the constitution.

I'm just making a statement that the supreme court when it does eventually reach the appellate court needs to make a clear judgement in that regard for the sake of the future, because of the several lawyers including SANs who know the truth but continue to be mischievous.
Re: Sue Tinubu With Evidence That He Rigged; Petition On Drug Won't Fly- Reno Omokri by Flames40: 12:59pm On Mar 24, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

No problem.

Should I cry?
Should I shout?
Should I laugh?
I was totally flabbergasted and taken aback by your display of love, kindness and generosity. I can't thank u enough. May the good Lord bless everything that pertains to you, and may our stolen mandate be retrieved in Jesus name. Amen.
Sorry I would have done this earlier yesterday, but my phone has been off die to power outage. I am actually Lost for words sir. May the best things of life never elude you and your family. Amen
Re: Sue Tinubu With Evidence That He Rigged; Petition On Drug Won't Fly- Reno Omokri by KanwuliaExtra: 1:01pm On Mar 24, 2023
Flames40:

Should I cry?
Should I shout?
Should I laugh?
I was totally flabbergasted and taken aback by your display of love, kindness and generosity. I can't thank u enough. May the good Lord bless everything that pertains to you, and may our stolen mandate be retrieved in Jesus name. Amen.
Sorry I would have done this earlier yesterday, but my phone has been off die to power outage. I am actually Lost for words sir. May the best things of life never elude you and your family. Amen

Amen!
That is how true Obidients roll.
We take care of one another irrespective of where we are or come from.

You are very welcome.
Re: Sue Tinubu With Evidence That He Rigged; Petition On Drug Won't Fly- Reno Omokri by Flames40: 1:03pm On Mar 24, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

Amen!
That is how true Obidients roll.
We take care of one another irrespective of where we are or come from.

You are very welcome.

Sir, u made history in my life and this particular act will remain indelible in my heart. This generation and posterity will live never to forget this. My siblings appreciate you, and sent their gratitudes
Re: Sue Tinubu With Evidence That He Rigged; Petition On Drug Won't Fly- Reno Omokri by KanwuliaExtra: 1:35pm On Mar 24, 2023
Flames40:

Sir, u made history in my life and this particular act will remain indelible in my heart. This generation and posterity will live never to forget this. My siblings appreciate you, and sent their gratitudes

It is well.👍

1 Like

Re: Sue Tinubu With Evidence That He Rigged; Petition On Drug Won't Fly- Reno Omokri by naijaking1: 6:03pm On Mar 24, 2023
naijaking1:
Mod.
Seun
Having every myopic and one sided piece written by Reno Omokri on the FP makes nonsense of your so called apology to Igbos.
Think about it.

Mod
Seun

Whether he is posting as Beerfraud or Peacemaker, Reno Omokri should be viewed as a partisan, and not given unrestricted access to dump his views on the front page anyhow.
Re: Sue Tinubu With Evidence That He Rigged; Petition On Drug Won't Fly- Reno Omokri by Flames40: 6:22pm On Mar 24, 2023
KanwuliaExtra:

It is well.👍

God!
This is unprecedented
Re: Sue Tinubu With Evidence That He Rigged; Petition On Drug Won't Fly- Reno Omokri by DMerciful(m): 6:57pm On Mar 24, 2023
The last hurdle will make or most likely break Tinubu
kilonshele101:
They won’t just stop making noise about everything. From “Tinubu cannot win” to “The election was rigged” “They stole our mandate”

Now it’s no more about stolen mandate, it’s now “APC is panicking” “They didn’t see it coming” “Obi outsmarting Tinubu” “Obi putting Judiciary on trial” “Obi putting Nigeria on trial”

They are still coming back to shout “supreme court is corrupt” “Judiciary is corrupt” “Nigeria is gone” etc

They won’t just stop the noise

Re: Sue Tinubu With Evidence That He Rigged; Petition On Drug Won't Fly- Reno Omokri by DMerciful(m): 6:58pm On Mar 24, 2023
Where is the case?
computer0810:

Bcoz every reasonable person is aware tinubu was sued with dis same case even b4 APC primary and he won....dis is more like distraction
Re: Sue Tinubu With Evidence That He Rigged; Petition On Drug Won't Fly- Reno Omokri by DMerciful(m): 7:05pm On Mar 24, 2023
You're pretty dull. You think Obi hired over 15 SANs so that he'll be doing their job?
GeneralPula:
Peter Obi has really shot himself in the leg..

When Pdp wanted to verify Tinubu’s Chicago degree, they sent Reno to Chicago state university for verification which they found to be true..

The screenshots obi added to his petition is not a verified screenshot. Obi didn’t go to DEA to verify if truly tinubu has any drug conviction. He only picked a random screenshots on twitter and attached it to the petition grin..

Court would ask Obi to prove how tinubu was into drugs. He won’t be able to prove it cuz he doesn’t even know. Now, that’s character assassination..

Imagine committing a crime right in front of Appeal court Chief judge, inside the court grin..

Obi has proved why he graduated with 3rd class..
Re: Sue Tinubu With Evidence That He Rigged; Petition On Drug Won't Fly- Reno Omokri by DMerciful(m): 7:06pm On Mar 24, 2023
You can be fined if you're too low in the ladder and the court does not wanna waste time because you're not the target
emerged01:

Very common sense. I have never seen anywhere in the world where fine will be paid for a drug crime. Well,I'm not a lawyer sha but na lawyer born me.
Re: Sue Tinubu With Evidence That He Rigged; Petition On Drug Won't Fly- Reno Omokri by DMerciful(m): 7:08pm On Mar 24, 2023
Even as early as 2015, Tinubu sent $15 million to a company in Columbia
Segzy19:
One thing I like about some lawyers is that they won't tell you not to pursue your case. They will urge you on until you realize by yourself that you have no case. By that time, they would have cashed-out of you like mad...

Lawyers go chop Obi money badly ...

They are bringing pre-election cases that have been disposed off to the tribunal.... The tribunal can't rule on that but the court or Inec.. Tinubu already won in court and INeC otherwise he wouldn't have been allowed to participate in the election
Re: Sue Tinubu With Evidence That He Rigged; Petition On Drug Won't Fly- Reno Omokri by GeneralPula: 7:49pm On Mar 24, 2023
DMerciful:
You're pretty dull. You think Obi hired over 15 SANs so that he'll be doing their job?
He should be ready to prove Tinubu was a former drug lord grin

Una never see anything ehh..
Re: Sue Tinubu With Evidence That He Rigged; Petition On Drug Won't Fly- Reno Omokri by wediehere1: 2:20pm On Mar 09
paramboos:
Oga mind your business, hypocrite. Is it your court, we don't need your useless advice please. Give it to your Atiku.
Obituary should have listened

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

President Buhari's Old Tweet Reacting To Fuel Scarcity During GEJ (pics) / Kate Henshaw Shared Badly Printed Naira Notes / Nnamdi Kanu Was Not Jobless Before He Embarked On IPOB And Biafra Mission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.