Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,807 members, 7,802,580 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

Sanwo-Olu Unveils Lagos Electricity Market. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Unveils Lagos Electricity Market. (49941 Views)

IKEDC Unveils Lagos Areas Getting 20-24 Hours Power Supply / Sanwo-olu Unveils Official Portrait For Second Term (picture) / Sanwo-Olu Unveils New Power Policy To Meet Lagos Electricity Needs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Lagos Electricity Market. by voltron14: 9:14pm On Mar 22, 2023
Edo no be Lagos true true.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Lagos Electricity Market. by omonnakoda: 9:14pm On Mar 22, 2023
osayuwamwen:
Something when edo state don they do since abt years now, osiomo power plants in edo is generate, transmit and distributed , and its is 24hrs a day them nor they blink am just that it is too expensive, it only powers government building and few private buildings that can afford it
What is Edo doing? Did you read the story?did you comprehend it?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Lagos Electricity Market. by eyinjuege: 9:15pm On Mar 22, 2023
DeAdvokate:
Sentiments aside, this man is trying, at least he has a plan.

Lagos has always had a plan under ACN ab-initio.
This power project has been going on long before SanwoOlu became governor.
It was from the blueprint that Asiwaju pioneered as governor. Same idea Obasanjo as president threw in the bin because it was from Tinubu his perceived enemy is the same plan Bubu has quickly signed in place before he leaves office
That's the power of continuity , and of course a visionary leader.
Fashola after Tinubu followed the plan and so have subsequent governors.
Everything about Lagos is intentional.
Of course things are not perfect, but it is better than most states.
Lagos makes other states look clueless ( not talking of money now, but ideas and projects)
We all should press the necks of the various governors. I know they will say they don't have the same money Lagos has, but Lagos was never this vibrant till a good leader took over.
During Tinubu's time as governor, Obasanjo didn't release any Federal allocation to Lagos due to their beef. It was the possible Sapa that made their leaders start thinking outside the box and generating money themselves.
I know there is a lot of mistrust about Tinubu, but he is a good administrator with good ideas.
I truly believe in him, and I hope he doesn't disappoint Nigeria

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Lagos Electricity Market. by DeLaRue: 9:16pm On Mar 22, 2023
Stargangz:
Kudos to the pointing Governor, but kolewerk. Lagos alone cannot generate electricity for over 25m people.

Every little helps.

It doesn't need to generate and distribute to every household in Lagos.

IKEDC and the others will also be doing their own.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Lagos Electricity Market. by TheOgaBoss: 9:16pm On Mar 22, 2023
Jessyjeff:
For a coastal city like Lagos, harnessing wind energy from the Atlantic Ocean would have been better and more cost effective.
do they have the tech for that? wind turbines re actually more expensive than solar power.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Lagos Electricity Market. by Didi2d(m): 9:18pm On Mar 22, 2023
Sanwolu has don more than Ambode to be sincere

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Lagos Electricity Market. by tamdun: 9:19pm On Mar 22, 2023
Stargangz:
Kudos to the pointing Governor, but kolewerk. Lagos alone cannot generate electricity for over 25m people.
Eko and Ikeja will be available too

4 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Lagos Electricity Market. by DeLaRue: 9:19pm On Mar 22, 2023
Jessyjeff:
For a coastal city like Lagos, harnessing wind energy from the Atlantic Ocean would have been better and more cost effective.

Coastal City does not translate to plenty of wind.

There is not enough wind in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Lagos Electricity Market. by Bar1941(m): 9:20pm On Mar 22, 2023
May God punish every haters that said bad things against this efficient man.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Lagos Electricity Market. by letitrainnow(m): 9:21pm On Mar 22, 2023
Good

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Lagos Electricity Market. by Didi2d(m): 9:21pm On Mar 22, 2023
eyinjuege:

It was from the blueprint that Asiwaju pioneered as governor. Same idea Obasanjo as president threw in the bin because it was from Tinubu his perceived enemy is the same plan Bubu has quickly signed in place before he leaves office
Lagos makes other states look clueless ( not talking of money now, but ideas and projects)
We all should press the necks of the various governors. I know they will say they don't have the same money Lagos has, but Lagos was never this vibrant till a good leader took over.
During Tinubu's time as governor, Obasanjo didn't release any Federal allocation to Lagos due to their beef. It was the possible Sapa that made their leaders start thinking outside the box and generating money themselves.
I know there is a lot of mistrust about Tinubu, but he is a good administrator with good ideas.

Thank you for this comment, God bless

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Lagos Electricity Market. by sunboy(m): 9:22pm On Mar 22, 2023
Jessyjeff:

Exactly what I thought. Why solar farm when Lagos doesn’t have the luxury of land. A wind farm on the Atlantic would be so perfect.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Lagos Electricity Market. by JOemmy(m): 9:23pm On Mar 22, 2023
Mbakwe was the first governor in nigeria to build a power generating plant for imo state back in the 80s but was later abandoned by the useless governors that have been ruling imo the relics of the power plant is still there at ohaji egbema till today.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Lagos Electricity Market. by 7lives: 9:26pm On Mar 22, 2023
wiseone28:
I hope that Albino will do same in Akwa ibom when he gets sworn in

Man wey don dey plan how beer palours go dey efficient at weekends.
Mad people everywhere.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Lagos Electricity Market. by osayuwamwen(m): 9:28pm On Mar 22, 2023
Electricity hub that still depends on national grid for power
omonnakoda:

What is Edo doing? Did you read the story?did you comprehend it?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Lagos Electricity Market. by sunboy(m): 9:28pm On Mar 22, 2023
GeneralPula:

I understand your point. But;

Wind energy is not friendly to animals. Animals could be dieing..

It’s not also not reliable. You know wind blows at various speeds, it’s hard to predict the amount of energy it can collect at any given time..

So, even if we using wing energy, we’ll still need another form of generating electricity..

Solid points, but Lagos don’t have the “luxury” of land for solar farm to produce 1GW… Natural gas might come to the rescue then.

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Lagos Electricity Market. by sunboy(m): 9:29pm On Mar 22, 2023
eyinjuege:

You nailed it!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Lagos Electricity Market. by wiseone28: 9:29pm On Mar 22, 2023
7lives:

Man wey don dey plan how beer palours go dey efficient at weekends. Mad people everywhere.
A drunkard cannot be drunk for four years..

The day he will not be drunk i am looking forward to.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Lagos Electricity Market. by delpee(f): 9:29pm On Mar 22, 2023
bibiking7:

It's actually not new. Bola Tinubu started the IPP in lagos years ago. It was an Independent power project that was done in Lekki I think. Then Fashola continued and commisioned another. It's still in use till now.
They should have just developed more but Ambode kicked against everything Fashola.
Hate him or love him (BAT), I knew what lasgidi was like before 1999 and after, most especially Oshodi, where the roads were so bad, you needed to look for a place where rocks were arranged to cross the road or you enter the mud to cross and then pay some folks to wash your leg. BAT really tried.
If each person that comes into government delivers a major project, we will soon find it hard to get big projects to work on. That is a steady way to development. My own opinion.x

That ENRON project was a failure.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Lagos Electricity Market. by Femidfo: 9:29pm On Mar 22, 2023
Ok
Governor-Select 😄😄
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Lagos Electricity Market. by Sleekfingers: 9:31pm On Mar 22, 2023
Stargangz:

Private investors will key into it.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Lagos Electricity Market. by Femidfo: 9:31pm On Mar 22, 2023
Good.
Governor select
Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Lagos Electricity Market. by Fantastictelem: 9:33pm On Mar 22, 2023
It will not be good enough for us to be investing in solar power without having strong investment in battery and solar panel manufacturing plants. This is the way to go instead of sending our scarce foreign exchange to bring all these from outside. We need to create jobs for our people, reduce foreign exchange consumption and at the time generate power for our consumption

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Lagos Electricity Market. by GeneralPula: 9:35pm On Mar 22, 2023
sunboy:

Solid points, but Lagos don’t have the “luxury” of land for solar farm to produce 1GW… Natural gas might come to the rescue then.
Yes yes you right..

I guess this was why they tested it for the light rail..

Nice one. Every state needs to follow Lagos parol..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Lagos Electricity Market. by Sleekfingers: 9:35pm On Mar 22, 2023
The most viable states in Nigeria
1. Lagos
2. Lagos
3. Lagos
4. Rivers
5. Kano
6. Oyo
7. Kaduna
8. Ogun
9. Akwa ibom
10 Anambra and kwara

The rest states are totally useless

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Lagos Electricity Market. by Konjiboii: 9:36pm On Mar 22, 2023
While the south are busy killing each other for peanut from the federal govt Lagos has been stealthily been placing infrastructure on ground, at this point if the country even decide to split this motherfvckers are good.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Lagos Electricity Market. by chickenjefp: 9:38pm On Mar 22, 2023
osayuwamwen:
Something when edo state don they do since abt years now, osiomo power plants in edo is generate, transmit and distributed , and its is 24hrs a day them nor they blink am just that it is too expensive, it only powers government building and few private buildings that can afford it
Tinubu brought an American company Eronn To do Electric power but the Fed Govt want the company to generate and transmit to the National Grid, Governor Amechi of Rivers State built an independent power plant that the Fed Govt hijack to the national grid. Later the law was relax state are allowed to build small station to power state owned asset . But with the law now clear that it is no more the feds sole right to generate electricity watch as 9ja go blow Ekedc, ie, beco etc go be like Nitel. E fit to no be quick quick o but in the long run light go stew up.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Lagos Electricity Market. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 22, 2023
bibiking7:

It's actually not new. Bola Tinubu started the IPP in lagos years ago. It was an Independent power project that was done in Lekki I think. Then Fashola continued and commisioned another. It's still in use till now.
They should have just developed more but Ambode kicked against everything Fashola.
Hate him or love him (BAT), I knew what lasgidi was like before 1999 and after, most especially Oshodi, where the roads were so bad, you needed to look for a place where rocks were arranged to cross the road or you enter the mud to cross and then pay some folks to wash your leg. BAT really tried.
If each person that comes into government delivers a major project, we will soon find it hard to get big projects to work on. That is a steady way to development. My own opinion.

IPP was done for the Govt. Hospital in Lagos, IPP for Alausa among other Govt. Establishments.

Tinubu and Fashola really did well in this.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Unveils Lagos Electricity Market. by ElSudani: 9:40pm On Mar 22, 2023
Jessyjeff:

Wind is good but you need land for wind turbines.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Special Forces Arrive Southern Kaduna (Photos) / Azubuike Chikere-Wanjoku Storms INEC Collation Centre,Wants Return Of N12m Bribe / 2 Killed On The Spot As Gunmen Open Fire On Voters In Delta. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.