Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola (3745 Views)

Buratai Arrests Soldiers Involved In Benue Killings, Hands Them Over To NHRC / Government Is Not Supposed To Be Involved In Religious Activities -EL-RUFA'I / Reception Given To Aregbesola From His Hometown Residents. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola by Beaf: 4:07am On Sep 18, 2011
[size=14pt]‘I cannot stop getting involved in Lagos politics’ [/size]
By Michael Bamigbola
September 17, 2011 07:45PM

Osun State governor, Abdulrauf Aregbesola has been in the news since he was sworn into office last November after a protracted legal tussle to have his victory in the 2007 election affirmed. Mr Aregbesola speaks on the rumour over health, as well as his development plans and his role in Lagos politics, among others. Excerpts:

Rumour of ill health

Talking about my health, it’s not for me to say because this is life. However, looking at me closely and from the person talking with you now, whom some of you have known for a couple of years back, when you see an unsound or an infirm person, it does not require stories. But mere seeing me, you can tell that all is well. There was no basis for the speculation at all. Another way to prove this was during the elections in April. My party cleared all the seats contested. I was the arrowhead of the campaign for my party, the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in the state of Osun, that delivered that result.

President Goodluck Jonathan won elections in all the South West states except here. This is the only state our presidential candidate won. If I had been sick, how could I have mobilised the party to the extent of winning the elections so massively in my state in April? A man could not have led a party to achieve such a victory in April and by May and you started concocting stories of his illness. The story that was circulated was that I fell in my bathtub and I broke my leg. In fact, Vanguard reported that. By the time I went to China, it had escalated and we thought that so many of the activities in China published with pictures would have silenced these people. Compass Newspaper crowned it some 15 days ago with a front-page banner. This will be shocking to even an enemy. The story published in Compass even indicated medical reports which is not true. The only medical I went through was in India and that was a rigorous one. I even conducted an endoscopic test and the outcome of the entire test is that I’m fully fit.

His many foreign trips

The trip of May was at the invitation of the Mayor of Southwark, who is an Osun indigene from Iwo. The invitation was pending for a year and he wanted us to honour him by our attendance at the Mayor’s Conference. It was also meant for the late Mayor to formalise a bond between his borough in the UK and all the 31 local government councils in this state so that they can benefit from whatever support they can get.

My travels are public and on records. The first was to the Borough of Southwark in the United Kingdom, purely on official assignment. After that, I took some few days off just to rest and during that period, I detached every aide that came with me. None of them knew where I was. After that I returned to resume my work. In June, my daughter was graduating in Dubai. In fact, I wanted to attend it all by myself, but close associates like Pa Akande were there. The only thing that indicated a medical attention was that my local doctor has been persuading me to go for medical check-up. After finishing the graduation, I went to India to conduct the test and returned to Nigeria. I used that opportunity because Dubai was closer to India than taking off direct from Nigeria. My doctor wanted me to go to the U.S. Eventually, we went to India for an intensive press scan, which was designed to identify any trace of ailment. On that trip, we spent one week and came back to Nigeria. Like I said it was just a check-up.

My next travel was to China on the invitation of All China Federation of Trade Unions (ACFTU), the first to be extended to any state governor in Nigeria. The Executive Secretary of the Organisation of African Trade Union Unity (OATUU), Hassan Sumonu, facilitated this trip. Agreements were signed that would make Chinese firms to establish industries in Osun State and enable our state access official Chinese government assistance.

My Deputy, Otunba Grace Titilayo Laoye-Tomori, holds forte and has performed state functions to my satisfaction whenever I am not around.

His involvement in Lagos politics

[b]I have no quarrel with anybody in Lagos and even here in Osun. I have been involved in Lagos for half a century and do you think it is possible to disconnect myself from Lagos politics within just a year? Even if I wanted to, it is not possible. Go down there now (pointing to his waiting room), they are 10 persons from Lagos waiting to see me. They believe that once they see me their problems are solved, even when it may not be possible for me to solve all problems. Our opponents take these issues to ridiculous extent because they don’t want healthy rivalry.

Remember I was in the Lagos Exco for eight years and you cannot be active politically without being active underground or in the grassroots. I am the Generalissimo of Alimosho politics because I am one of their own and have been involved in their affairs for such a long time. No matter what, you can neither take me away from Alimosho nor take Alimosho away from me. That has no negative effects in the running of state of affairs here.[/b]

Challenges of governing the state

Going by the slogan of this state (Ipinle Omoluabi), it is unfortunate that not much work has been done before now. Much more importantly, however, we have been able to provide an identity for the state, call it rebranding if you want. Even at the critical level, before rain began in Nigeria, we had started dredging of all the canals in the state. At the time it rained heavily this year, instead of houses to be flooded, raindrops were channeled to the canal and there was no room for flooding in the state. Our intervention has given relief to the people, who have endured constant flooding in the past years. We have models for state-of-the-art intervention for education infrastructure and this covers the primary, secondary and even tertiary institutions in the state. Ede water works have been abandoned for several years and this facility covers about 15 local governments, but now we have awarded contracts to put things back in shape and about 26 percent of the job is underway. In the next six months, we will have up to 50 percent of the job done.

Delay in appointing commissioners

When people talk, I get amused. We assumed office on November 25th, 2010. Since then, it has been a successful outing, especially fulfilling a great feat with my commissioners and I can say that they are the best set of commissioners any state can boast of in this country. Initially, people were talking about our delay to constitute the state cabinet without realising the stiff opposition we had faced from the rival party in the legislature. When we came in, the PDP had about 19 members to ACN’s seven in the state House of Assembly and they were bosom traps we were trying to avoid. From day one, their plans were to oust us and when we knew their plans and their sponsors, we designed strategies to truncate them. Although the constitution states that we should appoint commissioners, it did not give any specific timeframe or deadline and when we were ready to appoint commissioners, we got the best people around to do the job.

. . .

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5742189-146/story.csp
Re: I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola by aljharem3: 4:12am On Sep 18, 2011
Just what i like to hear from this governor

Kudos to aregbesola

This is what they call "economic integration" and it starts from political integration which PDP has not been able to achieve

hope more of this is done in other parts of the country

Nice one aregbesola and tinubu (even though i don't like him too much) but this makes sense
Re: I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola by Beaf: 4:13am On Sep 18, 2011
I have no quarrel with anybody in Lagos and even here in Osun. I have been involved in Lagos for half a century and do you think it is possible to disconnect myself from Lagos politics within just a year? Even if I wanted to, it is not possible. Go down there now (pointing to his waiting room), they are 10 persons from Lagos waiting to see me. They believe that once they see me their problems are solved, even when it may not be possible for me to solve all problems. Our opponents take these issues to ridiculous extent because they don’t want healthy rivalry.

Remember I was in the Lagos Exco for eight years and you cannot be active politically without being active underground or in the grassroots. I am the Generalissimo of Alimosho politics because I am one of their own and have been involved in their affairs for such a long time. No matter what, you can neither take me away from Alimosho nor take Alimosho away from me. That has no negative effects in the running of state of affairs here.

. . .But . . .But. . . We don't understand, sir! shocked
Ain't you the governor of Osun? Has Fashola begged you to be his deputy, wetin na?!

Can someone ask this man to pack back to Osun and forget Lagos? How Can the Osun state governor live in Lagos? Last time he was even talking about constructing roads through Ogun and lagos! Are we safe? shocked
Re: I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola by aljharem3: 4:19am On Sep 18, 2011
Beaf:

Ain't you the governor of Osun? Has Fashola begged you to be his deputy, wetin na?!

Can someone ask this man to pack back to Osun and forget Lagos? How Can the Osun state governor live in Lagos? Last time he was even talking about constructing roads through Ogun and lagos! Are we safe? shocked

beaf my brother. this is what you don't understand

Yes he is the governor of Osun state which is ONE OF THE STATES IN THE SOUTH WEST.

remember when ACN was talking of economic integration and what not. Well it starts from political integration

how does ACN hope to build a railway or whatever they are promising without political integration

same can be done when the OYo or lagos can go to ogun or ekiti

I see nothing wrong in it

it is called forming a centre ie politcal centre thus regional government
Re: I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola by koruji(m): 4:29am On Sep 18, 2011
Your fascination with Aregbe is amusing, but thanks for posting the entire piece. If someone read it all it is apparent that the gov. is hard at work for his people, even with the PDP hell-bent on causing mayhem. The two points you raised below are wrong, probably in your hurry to find some spec of dirt to point to. Look here:

1. He was speaking in Osogbo not Lagos - if you noticed he pointed to his waiting room in relation to "people [size=14pt]FROM [/size] Lagos".

2. Another demonstration of your penchant for white lies about Aregbe. He never said he wanted to construct roads through Ogun and Lagos, but roads in Osun that would link the state to Ogun and Lagos without having to go through the congested Ibadan route.

With the way you are going perhaps Aregbe needs to guide against some with Beaf as his moniker on NL. Is Aregbe safe from you?

Beaf:

Re: I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola by Afam4eva(m): 8:03am On Sep 18, 2011
It's funny how someone who was commisioner of works in Lagos became the governor of Osun state. Only in Nigeria.
Re: I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola by CuteTj(m): 8:13am On Sep 18, 2011
@afam4eva. Arent there Nigerians that are councillors and lawmakers in the US & UK?? Arnold from Austria was a governor in US so what's ur point. Pls do your research before making statements that are not intelligent.
Re: I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola by KnowAll(m): 8:24am On Sep 18, 2011
afam4eva. Arent there Nigerians that are councillors and lawmakers in the US & UK?? Arnold from Austria was a governor in US so what's your point. Pls do your research before making statements that are not intelligent.

Don't mind him jare, just because such progressive idea can never take place east of the Niger does not mean is not right. we all know even if you are born in Abia State and you are a 'non indigene' in that state nothing for you, a warped and terrible retrogressive, tribalistic and clannish policy by dum Governor.
Re: I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola by CuteTj(m): 8:28am On Sep 18, 2011
Let me enlighten haters like beaf and co. Lagos politics is in the hands of non native lagosians but they are yorubas from the South West. When they were standing up to be counted, where were native Lagosians? So far you are yoruba, politically you can make it in Lagos but If you are not pleased with the current arrangement, you can go back to your respective states because there's nothing you guys can do about!
Re: I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola by Afam4eva(m): 8:33am On Sep 18, 2011
@CuteTJ
You're the one who's making an un-intelligent statement. I'm talking about someone jumping from what state to the other and you're telling me how Arnold became a president despite being from Austria. Was Arnold a politician in Austria? Even if he was, it's still allowed because they're different countries. Here we're talking of states in the same country. Ask yourself this question "Can Arnold become the governor of Texas?". Very soon, after his tenure in Osun state, Aregbesola may contest to become a governor in Lagos. Why can't he just stick with one state.
Re: I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola by CuteTj(m): 8:42am On Sep 18, 2011
I have now totally confirmed that you are not intelligent @ afam4eva. Did i say that Arnold became a president in the US? Aregbesola was a just Commisioner in Lagos and did not hold any elective postion. Nigeria's constitution does not state that you have to be a native of a state before you can be appointed to serve on a cabinet. That was why he went back to his state to contest for an elective position.
Re: I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola by KnowAll(m): 8:46am On Sep 18, 2011
CuteTJ
You're the one who's making an un-intelligent statement. I'm talking about someone jumping from what state to the other and you're telling me how Arnold became a president despite being from Austria. Was Arnold a politician in Austria? Even if he was, it's still allowed because they're different countries. Here we're talking of states in the same country. Ask yourself this question "Can Arnold become the governor of Texas?". Very soon, after his tenure in Osun state, Aregbesola may contest to become a governor in Lagos. Why can't he just stick with one state.

You are the one not getting it. Aregbesola is a Lagosian either by birth or by very long residence, making him the 'Baba Sale' or point-man or Main Man  in Alimosho LG. At the same token he is an indigene of Oshun state through his Parents who are Ijeshas, he might even be born their. That makes him therotetically elegible to contest in both states for elective post if he so desires.
Re: I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola by CuteTj(m): 8:59am On Sep 18, 2011
^^ thats someone reasoning well. Im on my way to church, will be back to reply unreasonable ,
Re: I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola by Afam4eva(m): 9:26am On Sep 18, 2011
@CuteTJ
I'm sorry, I meant governor of california and not president of America.

Btw, Aregbesola went to contest in Osun because he knew it would be easier for him and not because of that indigene nonsense you're spewing. Also note that the constitution does not stop a "non indigene" from contesting elective positions in a state. That's why people like Tinubu became governor.
Re: I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola by emmatok(m): 1:52pm On Sep 18, 2011
@Beaf

Lagos is not ABIA were you discriminate against non-indigenes  including IGBOs.

Every Yoruba man is welcomed in the SW states.
Re: I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola by aljharem3: 2:58pm On Sep 18, 2011
afam4eva:

@CuteTJ

i think you should read this. remember a state is just an imaginary boundary

they view themselves as "ndi yoruba bu ndi yoruba" ie A yoruba man is a yoruba man even if he is from benin republic

emmatok:

@Beaf

[size=14pt]Lagos is not ABIA were you discriminate against non-indigenes including IGBOs.

Every Yoruba man is welcomed is an SW states.
[/size]
Re: I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola by asha80(m): 3:11pm On Sep 18, 2011
emmatok:

@Beaf

Lagos is not ABIA were you discriminate against non-indigenes including IGBOs.

Every Yoruba man is welcomed is an SW states.

i wish oyo and osun are thinking along this line
Re: I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola by aljharem3: 3:15pm On Sep 18, 2011
asha 80:

i wish oyo and osun are thinking along this line

what do you mean ?
Re: I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola by Afam4eva(m): 3:38pm On Sep 18, 2011
What Asha is saying is, how come it's Yorubas from Oyo, Osun and other states that are beneffiting from the "united yoruba" thingy and not the other way round.
Re: I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola by asha80(m): 3:43pm On Sep 18, 2011
afam4eva:

What Asha is saying is, how come it's Yorubas from Oyo, Osun and other states that are beneffiting from the "united yoruba" thingy and not the other way round.

i actually meant the tussle at LAUTECH
Re: I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola by aljharem3: 3:46pm On Sep 18, 2011
afam4eva:

thanks

hmmm if u mean yorubas from lagos and ogun are not benefitting from this sort of thing then Asha is wrong

as what i can see now, Lagos is expanding to ogun state and house prices are raising in ogun state as well, the indigenes of lagos and ogun state are meaning the awori people which are also Yewa people

No one really cares about this "what state are you from in the SW" so long as the person is a progressive (not necessarily yoruba) then it is a go go

what i mean is that, No one can tell the difference if he is oyo or ekiti  from awori or egun unless they really search deep into ur linage
Re: I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola by aljharem3: 3:47pm On Sep 18, 2011
asha 80:

i actually meant the tussle at LAUTECH

Yes this kind of things is bound to happen.

Even with streets in ebutta metta, people fight. that does not mean they hate each other.

and more over this is not a political fight, or is it ?
Re: I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola by basadenet: 4:21pm On Sep 18, 2011
Must you be involved in Lagos politics? No. It is better you face your osun state. even your stay in osun state till date has not improve the state a bit. so face your osun and leave lagos alone mr long throat.
Re: I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola by Beaf: 5:15pm On Sep 18, 2011
basadenet:

Must you be involved in Lagos politics? No. It is better you face your osun state. even your stay in osun state till date has not improve the state a bit. so face your osun and leave lagos alone mr long throat.

The man only spends 3 days a month in Osun, the rest of his time is shared between Lagos and abroad.
In the first half of this year, Aregbesola was very bitterly involved with choosing commissioners for guess where? Lagos!! shocked How ridiculous can things get? And in all that time, he had none and no plans for any in Osun either. Indeed Osun states time was taken up with their governor becoming a nuisance to Fashola in far away Lagos.

Aregbesola's Lagos adventures meant that his home tuff was neglected, it took him 9 months to get his own commissioners after choosing those for Lagos.

Every concerned Nigerian should join in the chorus to ask Aregbesola to pack back to Osun from Lagos, his state desperately needs him.
Re: I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola by aljharem3: 5:24pm On Sep 18, 2011
basadenet:

Why should he face Osun alone. Are you making sense here undecided

Again majority of you people are not ready to be leaders. That is the reality.

being a leader is also making bonds and closing in the "imaginary" borders that divides one state from another.

,.,.,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,.,.,.,, ,.,.

who each state do it own revenue, food, transportation etc all on it own ?

NO

currently, Osun and ekiti state provides the majority of lagos food from yam etc

lagos current provides majority of the revenue states like ekiti, ogun and osun uses

it is again economic integration.

ogun provide houses

ekiti and osun provide the food

lagos provide the business district and the revenue needed to run those states.

What is the point in having a poor state . so bros it is not long throat but a regional thing and I want other regions to adopt the same tactics
Re: I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola by kukulaja: 5:39pm On Sep 18, 2011
globe trotting is just to siphone osun state money and starshed abroad,period, do you know the millions of dollars of state money that went with all those trip, never expect much from him in terms of developmemt and credible performance,, he is only an half baked technician trained at ibadan plytechnic, he is never well groomed for such an office, just another one of ahmed bola [tinubu] shangodele's pupils.
Re: I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola by ashlamonki: 6:18pm On Sep 18, 2011
Well d gov.spoke fine and I sincerely concurred to the fact that economic integration of any nation or states start from political integration but he should be done wisely. BRF in lagos should be carried along before executing, implementing or hold any event or occasion in lagos.Thank you our governor of integration.
Re: I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola by Beaf: 9:38am On Sep 19, 2011
kukulaja:

globe trotting is just to siphone osun state money and starshed abroad,period, do you know the millions of dollars of state money that went with all those trip, never expect much from him in terms of developmemt and credible performance,, he is only an half baked technician trained at ibadan plytechnic, he is never well groomed for such an office, just another one of ahmed bola [tinubu] shangodele's pupils.

Tell them, bruv. The man keeps making outrageously wild promises that all turn out empty and barren, while draining his states wallet with his Lagos state political adventures and globetrotting.
I can almost bet that in the near future, Osun states money will be traced to Alimosho LG in Lagos. Lets wait and see, while praying its not so. Afterall as governor, Aregbesola has the keys to untold amounts to play with in Lagos states stratospherically expensive political fields. Lagos politics is not for the poor.
Re: I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola by Demdem(m): 10:48am On Sep 19, 2011
Accursed, its good to know that you are still on Aregbesola's case. Below are my thoughts:

We all should be encouraged about this and Ogbeni should be praised as explained by Alhaji:

alj_harem:

Just what i like to hear from this governor

Kudos to aregbesola

This is what they call "economic integration" and it starts from political integration which PDP has not been able to achieve

hope more of this is done in other parts of the country

Nice one aregbesola and tinubu (even though i don't like him too much) but this makes sense

Beaf:

Can someone ask this man to pack back to Osun and forget Lagos? How Can the Osun state governor live in Lagos?

its not true that Ogbeni lives in Lagos. Going through your Posted Article, two parts from the un-boldened part suggests that this press conference didnt hold in Lagos and most likely Osun. I have always been telling you this but u wont listen. he visits Lagos like any other governor but does not live or govern from lagos

Beaf:

[size=14pt]‘I cannot stop getting involved in Lagos politics’ [/size]
By Michael Bamigbola
September 17, 2011 07:45PM

President Goodluck Jonathan won elections in all the South West states except here  (Definitely referring to Osun). This is the only state our presidential candidate won. If I had been sick, how could I have mobilised the party to the extent of winning the elections so massively in my state in April? A man could not have led a party to achieve such a victory in April and by May and you started concocting stories of his illness.

Go down there now (pointing to his waiting room), they are 10 persons from Lagos waiting to see me. They believe that once they see me their problems are solved, even when it may not be possible for me to solve all problems. (This interview definately did not take place in Lagos) Our opponents take these issues to ridiculous extent because they don’t want healthy rivalry.

emmatok:

@Beaf
Lagos is not ABIA were you discriminate against non-indigenes  including IGBOs.
Every Yoruba man is welcomed in the SW states.

I agree with you completely. Neither is Lagos Delta which has definately gone to the dogs with the Chief Dog himself (udaughan) in charge.

basadenet:

Says who? several residents and indigenes of this state has attested to the fact that this guy in question is working real good on previous thread? how do u know he isnt working? are u also a resident in Osun?
Because he is involved in Lagos politics doesnt mean he is/will be found wanting in his duties in osun. instead, when we talk of national integration, this is exactly some of what i expect from our politicians.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-757532.0.html

Beaf:

The man only spends 3 days a month in Osun, the rest of his time is shared between Lagos and abroad.

Once again, stop talking from your anus. Bring verifiable facts to this and we all will reason with you. Lies arent ok

In the first half of this year, Aregbesola was very bitterly involved with choosing commissioners for guess where? Lagos!! shocked How ridiculous can things get?

And who says he cant get his commissioners from kafanchan Accursed? By the way read below his response about his late decision on commisioners. use your brain and let it work for u without any bias whatsoever:

Delay in appointing commissioners

When people talk, I get amused. We assumed office on November 25th, 2010. Since then, it has been a successful outing, especially fulfilling a great feat with my commissioners and I can say that they are the best set of commissioners any state can boast of in this country. Initially, people were talking about our delay to constitute the state cabinet without realising the stiff opposition we had faced from the rival party in the legislature. When we came in, the PDP had about 19 members to ACN’s seven in the state House of Assembly and they were bosom traps we were trying to avoid. From day one, their plans were to oust us and when we knew their plans and their sponsors, we designed strategies to truncate them. Although the constitution states that we should appoint commissioners, it did not give any specific timeframe or deadline and when we were ready to appoint commissioners, we got the best people around to do the job.

And in all that time, he had none and no plans for any in Osun either. Indeed Osun states time was taken up with their governor becoming a nuisance to Fashola in far away Lagos.

You can only bark but cant bite. Indigenes and residents of the states think otherwise and they have so much faith in him and so far he seems as if he is not failing them

Aregbesola's Lagos adventures meant that his home tuff was neglected, it took him 9 months to get his own commissioners after choosing those for Lagos. Every concerned Nigerian should join in the chorus to ask Aregbesola to pack back to Osun from Lagos, his state desperately needs him.

ODE !!!!!! grin grin grin

Re: I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola by Demdem(m): 10:57am On Sep 19, 2011
kukulaja:

I understand ur sentiments here bro but would advise that u shouldnt allign ursef with Accursed on this issue. he is the number 1 spin doctor on nairaland.
Will it be fair to state also that since GEJ will be going to UN this week he will use the opportunity to siphon Nigerian money abroad.
Ogbeni has started categorically where he has been to and how it was funded. Please read the below.

[b]Aregbesola said he always ensured that his Deputy, Otunba Grace Titilayo Laoye-Tomori, held forth and performed state functions to his satisfaction whenever he was not around.

He said his travelling was on record and he would continue to meet people who could assist him in turning the fortune of the state around.
Aregbesola accused the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) of spreading rumour of his ill-health, saying he was hale and hearty and rumor mongers would be afflicted with the alleged disease.

“Having been defeated on that front, they started making issues out of my few travels. My travels are public and on records. The first was to the Borough of Southwark in the United Kingdom, purely on official assignment, to sign a memorandum of understanding with the Borough on behalf of councils in the state on areas of mutual understanding,” he said.
He said his second trip to Dubai was undertaken to attend the convocation of his daughter “from where I proceeded to India for medical check up.”

He reminded the gathering that he had made this known before travelling that after the exhaustion of the struggle for his mandate’s retrieval and the rigorous campaign for the April/May general election, that he needed to rest, which lasted for only one week. Aregbesola stated that his trip to Dubai and India were carried out purely on his personal account while no state fund was involved, saying “anyone in doubt can check the records.”

He said: “My next travel was to China on state visit at the invitation of All China Federation of Trade Unions (ACFTU), the first to be extended to any state governor in Nigeria. This was facilitated by the executive secretary of Organisation of African Trade Union Unity (OATUU). Agreements were signed that would make Chinese firms to establish industries in Osun State and enable our state access official Chinese government assistance. The trip was a huge success.” Commenting on his last trip to Saudi Arabia for the lesser Hajj popularly called Umrah in Arabic, the governor told the gathering that it was also at his personal expense as it had been his practice for the past 12 years.

He described his critics as jobless, disclosing that when he had a case in Abuja, the presiding magistrate granted him permission to perform the lesser Hajj and returned home to resume the case.“I leave those who engineered this wicked and malicious lie in the hand of God but I want them to know that they will also have what they wish for others. It is a divine principle that what you sow, you reap,” he declared.[/b]

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2011/sept/12/national-12-09-2011-016.html
Re: I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola by Beaf: 5:23pm On Sep 19, 2011
^
Aregbesola just confirmed in black and white that he is 100% involved in Lagos state politics and you're here arguing. Not less than 10 politicians from Lagos were waiting for his attention, but it seems there were NONE from Osun, his own sate. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

The RASCAL, Aregbesola is Nigeria's most useless governor and a true pretender.
Re: I Will Always Be Involved In Lagos Politics - Aregbesola by seanet02: 5:48pm On Sep 19, 2011
Beaf this Programming Job must have made you so Jobless.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aregbesola's New Campaign Rice - Iresi Aregbe - Floods Osun (photo) / Fashola Ask President Goodluck Important Questions / Atiku’s Son Lambasts Amaechi For Attacking Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.