Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,737 members, 7,802,221 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road (5536 Views)

Kano State Starts The Conversion Of Waste To Wealth / Pictures Of The Reconstruction Of Enugu-Port Harcourt Express Today / The Federal Government Today Flagged Off The Reconstruction Of Portharcourt Enug (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by aljharem3: 5:56pm On Sep 18, 2011
Fg Mr Mike Onolememen Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road

The Federal Government has started the reconstruction of the Onitsha-Awka-Enugu Highway. This is in fulfillment of its promise to the South-East before the April 2011 General Elections.

The Minister of Works, Mr Mike Onolememen, said this in Onitsha yesterday while inspecting the extent of damage on the road. Onolememen said the first phase of the project would cover the Head-Bridge junction to Upper Iweka, both in Onitsha. He also added that palliative work would be done on the parts of the road leading to the Onitsha-Owerri road.

Onolememen said the contractor handling the road had been fully mobilised for the first phase and its palliative work; while work on the other phases would follow later.

"As I can see, this road is critical and deplorable as Gov. Peter Obi described it when he visited me in my office.

"The President has directed for work to commence and it has started already," Onolememen said.

The Minister also announced that work would start commence on the second Niger Bridge as President Jonathan had ordered.

"Mr President is committed to the second Niger Bridge Project and would want to deliver it before he leaves office as he has promised," he said.

Onolememen complained about the attitude of traders who make use of the service lane of the road for trading and mounting of bill-boards.

"The contractor must work with the controller of work and the state authorities to get these people and these bill-boards out for the reconstruction to continue without hitches," he said.

Mr Hishem Gosayni, the Area Manager of Consolidated Construction Company (CCC), the contractor in charge of the road, said the company had been mobilised to continue work, assuring that it would deliver a quality job within the time frame.

Hishem appealed to Onitsha residents and the Anambra state government to co-operate with the company, to enable it delivers on schedule.

In his response, the Anambra state governor, Peter Obi thanked the minister for facilitating work on the road, "especially at the beginning of the road, which is considered to be critical".

"I will assure you Sir, that I will personally supervise this project myself," Obi said.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/reconstruction-onitsha-enugu-road-begins
Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by aljharem3: 6:00pm On Sep 18, 2011
good work but I think it is not the priority right now

the Niger bridge is getting weaker by the day and so is the thrid mainland bridge because of lack of maintance

also a very important rroad that has killed thousands is the benin-ore road

this are the more pressing issue rather than onitsha-enugu road
Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by SouthEast1: 6:04pm On Sep 18, 2011
alj_harem:

the Niger bridge is getting weaker by the day and so is the thrid mainland bridge because of lack of maintance

Yoruba (awori) tribalist at work again.
Onitsha-Enugu road users take note.

Nigeria has enough money to do all major roads at once.

2 Likes

Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by aljharem3: 6:06pm On Sep 18, 2011
South-East:

Yoruba (awori) tribalist at work again.
Onitsha-Enugu road users take note.

Nigeria has enough money to do all major roads at once.

what!!!!!!!!!!! angry what do u mean
Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 18, 2011
How will the road be constructed now that it rains everyday. Talk na free. No contractor will do that kind major work on rainy season like this.
Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by werepeLeri: 6:24pm On Sep 18, 2011
Whoever says that road is not a priority must have his head examined. I passed the road last week and I must tell you - Onitsha Enugu road, especially inside Onitsha is nothing but an eyesore - it is a shame.

I also noticed that work has been ongoing on the Onitsha end even as we speak -

1 Like

Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by aljharem3: 8:47pm On Sep 18, 2011
werepeLeri:

Whoever says that road is not a priority must have his head examined. I passed the road last week and I must tell you - Onitsha Enugu road, especially inside Onitsha is nothing but an eyesore - it is a shame.

I also noticed that work has been ongoing on the Onitsha end even as we speak -

please speak for urself

there are more important roads right now that needs to be fixed

just yesterday or so. benin-ore road still took a man's life

a lot of people die everyday from that road so how many lives has onitsha-enugu road taken ?
Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by asha80(m): 8:49pm On Sep 18, 2011
arguments presented by fools can be very annoying.

1 Like

Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by werepeLeri: 8:55pm On Sep 18, 2011
alj_harem:

please speak for urself

there are more important roads right now that needs to be fixed

just yesterday or so. benin-ore road still took a man's life

a lot of people die everyday from that road so how many lives has onitsha-enugu road taken ?

Look. Count me out of people who you bully on NL.

I also traveled on the same Benin Ore road and I can tell you of a fact that the road is being fixed and the progress is outstanding.

You sit behind your cheap computer and yearn things you know nothing about.

1 Like

Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by mekaboy(m): 9:55pm On Sep 18, 2011
WITH THE DREDGING OF RIVER NIGER, I THINK THERE WILL BE HEAVY TRAFFIC BETWEEN ONITSHA AND ENUGU IN THE EAST, WHEN GOODS START ARRIVING . SO ITS BETTER THE ROAD IS FIXED TO ENABLE SMOOTH MOVEMENT.

1 Like

Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by aljharem3: 10:33pm On Sep 18, 2011
werepeLeri:

I also traveled on the same Benin Ore road and I can tell you of a fact that the road is being fixed and the progress is outstanding.

u pass through Benin-ore road and it is being repaired but someone died on the road very recent and yet it is being repaired.

do u make sense here
Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by aljharem3: 10:34pm On Sep 18, 2011
asha 80:

is this statement meant for this thread or what ?

so being stu.pid for once ok

1 Like

Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by Sunofgod(m): 10:45pm On Sep 18, 2011
alj_harem - comot here,

What's your argument?

Because a person has died on the benin ore road the fed govt should fix that road first?

Be quiet!!

The Onitsha-Awka-Enugu Road is more important. Its going to be a massive trade route once Onitsha port is open.

Things are coming together nicely in the east - stop trying to cause confusion.

Thanks,

1 Like

Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by asha80(m): 10:46pm On Sep 18, 2011
i repeat

asha 80:

Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by aljharem3: 10:51pm On Sep 18, 2011
Sun of god:

alj_harem - comot here,

What's your argument?

Because a person has died on the benin ore road the fed govt should fix that road first?

Be quiet!!

The Onitsha-Awka-Enugu Road is more important. Its going to be a massive trade route once Onitsha port is open.

Things are coming together nicely in the east - stop trying to cause confusion.

Thanks,

I am glad and truly happy that things are coming together in eastern part of Nigeria. God bless the eastern nigeria and Nigeria at large

my point is that we are talking of priority and how urgent things need to be done.

A lot of eastern people die in the thousands just because of ONE ROAD that connects ore to benin

Now is it not more sensible for that road to be done first before other roads (FG roads)

How many lives has the onitsha road claimed when compare to benin-ore road ?

that is just my argument here.
Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by werepeLeri: 10:58pm On Sep 18, 2011
^^^^

Now I thought I was talking to a reasonable person.

When have you traveled on each road last?

Sometimes I blame the cheap computer you use for the way and manner you reason.

1 Like

Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by aljharem3: 10:59pm On Sep 18, 2011
werepeLeri:

^^^^

Now I thought I was talking to a reasonable person.

if i am saying rubbish then maybe u can please educate me .
Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by nellaluv(f): 8:23am On Sep 19, 2011
It's funny how people sit behind their computer typing things they have no idea about just because they have access to the internet. Look here Mr alhaji-stupid if you haven't travelled through the benin-ore road or the onitsha-awka-enugu road, i suggest you shut the front door ok. Work is currently going on in the former, it's unfortunate that young man died(R.i.p), as for the latter, the roads are bad, now that the rains are here it's an eyesore. Do you understand what it means to be vibrating throughout your journey until you get to your destination, i doubt.

1 Like

Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by Rafaell(m): 8:30am On Sep 19, 2011
Jus lik, as d sayin goes, God is evrywhere; so also is d Devil, where he uses agents & instruments 2cause strife & chaos 4no reason @all; and jus lik he's usin ds foo.lish stoopid ignominous unda.devlopd, disda.inful & obstnately ir.ritatin alj_boko_harem 2cause strife & hatred in ds thread.
GET BEHIND US, s_ tan

Thnk U @asha_80 4 hittin d nail on d head
Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by werepeLeri: 8:35am On Sep 19, 2011
Dont mind him- likes of him goes all over NL bullying others with opinions that hold no water.

1 Like

Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by anochuks08(m): 8:42am On Sep 19, 2011
That Enugu - Onitsha road is one of the worst roads here in the east. It has claimed a lot of lives. The most annoying part of it is that you will be vibrating due to port holes till you reach your destination. Even as of day before yesterday, a friend of mine comfirmed an autocrash there but thank God no live was lost .
Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by greyBERRY: 8:47am On Sep 19, 2011
"Nigerians are fools, ruled by idiots" see them fighting over a mere press statement
Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by Yinkay: 8:54am On Sep 19, 2011
Whether a road is good or bad,accident will always happen. Bad road increase the the probability, Onitsha-Awka-Enugu even up to Abakalilki is also vital.Majority of Benin-Ore road users also pass through Onitsha-Awka-Enugu road.

1 Like

Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by samyng(m): 9:06am On Sep 19, 2011
Thank GOD i pray they work on this road, as accidents happens some times cos of the bad nature of the roads in this country
Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by pinkrex(m): 9:22am On Sep 19, 2011
What about the Benin Ore road? undecided

1 Like

Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by onyengbu: 9:23am On Sep 19, 2011
Something is very fishy about this report.
That project is going on for [size=20]over 2 years now[/size], so it is not a new project at all. Why are they making it look like its a new one?
Someone is trying to pull a publicity stunt with that report.
That construction firm [CCC] has been doing mago mago with that road for over 2 years now. How come peter obi is sayin that he WILL inspect thd project as if he himself has not been witnessing the wuruwuru that has been going on with that road.
Another firm that was handling the enugu end of the same road has gone far even though they started at the same time with CCC.
Some questions that need to be asked:
why is CCC the only firm that handles anambra end of inter state roads even though they end up delaying and doing a bad job at the end. even though they end up delaying and doing a bad job at the end.

1 Like

Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by chipet(m): 9:26am On Sep 19, 2011
Why must people make comment on what they don't?

Onitsha-Enugu Road has taken so many innocent lives. The road needs immediate attention.
Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by samyng(m): 9:35am On Sep 19, 2011
YES TRUE, COS THE LAST TIME I PASSED THROUGH THAT ROAD THEY ARE WORKING ON IT. ALSO THE ONE FROM ENUGU TO AWKA IT ALMOST COMPLETED COS THEY HAVE COMPLETED ONE OF THE LANES,  THIS WAS AROUND OCT 2010
Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by Greenslim: 9:59am On Sep 19, 2011
They should put action to their lip service

1 Like

Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by princedant: 10:04am On Sep 19, 2011

bros, thats not fair, do u know that same road has traffic equal to any other major highway u can mention here, pple die there daily. a trip to oji river police station will tell u the number of accidents and deaths recorded daily on tht road, its long overdue for repair.

1 Like

Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by chamber2(m): 10:18am On Sep 19, 2011
princedant:

bros, thats not fair, do u know that same road has traffic equal to any other major highway u can mention here, pple die there daily. a trip to oji river police station will tell u the number of accidents and deaths recorded daily on tht road, its long overdue for repair.

Are you okay?

Have you ever used the road?

That road has claimed many lives more than the ones you mentioned.

In fact, that road needs complete reconstruction.

Please don't say what you don't know.

Peace mass transit and other motorists have wasted a lot of lives on that road, especially students.

let them start immediately

Nigeria has enough money to reconstruct all the roads in 9ja
Re: FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road by vicenzo(m): 10:22am On Sep 19, 2011
I hope they start working on ENUGU-PH express road,especially the okigwe-umuahia section of the road,that road is bad.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Our Leaders Do This In Nigeria (pix Attached) / Oshiomhole’s Multi-billion Naira Mansion: We Stand On Our Story / Amaechi Will Be The New SGF -APC source

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.