Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. (3170 Views)

What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? / What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? / What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. by ibechris(m): 4:05pm On Mar 25, 2023
Education does not make one rich.

Going to school will never make u rich.

Reading a particular course is not a guarantee that u will be rich.

Growing up to see ur parents rich will also not quarantee u riches.

Having one billion as inheritance today is not a guarantee that u will be rich tomorrow.

That ur parents are poor does not also mean that u are forbidden to be rich.

Being born in an unspeakable condition does not mean u can't be what u wished for yourself in this world,even if u are born in prison or psychiatric hospital.

That,you are among those they call leaders of tomorrow is never a guarantee that u are destine to lead( don't be deceived).

U can only be what u have visioned and worked for

15 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. by burp18: 4:11pm On Mar 25, 2023
Life is all chance and luck.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. by mariahAngel(f): 4:17pm On Mar 25, 2023
burp18:
Life is all chance and luck.

Life is largely what you make of it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. by Klass99(f): 4:19pm On Mar 25, 2023

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. by burp18: 4:20pm On Mar 25, 2023
mariahAngel:

Life is largely what you make of it.
working so hard for something does not guarantee you'll get it. It's all luck

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. by didroon43: 4:20pm On Mar 25, 2023
Honestly, you have said nothing but the truth(s).
Re: The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. by burp18: 4:22pm On Mar 25, 2023
Klass99:

I strongly disagree with this point. Give me one billion naira or dollars as inheritance and watch me manage, grow and multiply that sum so I don't ever have to worry about money or live in penury.

I have watched too many stories of people who squandered a windfall (a large amount of money that is won or received unexpectedly) and were forced to return to a wretched life, for me to make that same mistake. I like to learn from other people's experience so I don't experience the same thorns and pain they did.
you could have a billion dollars and still make poor investments and become poor.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. by mariahAngel(f): 4:24pm On Mar 25, 2023
burp18:
working so hard for something does not guarantee you'll get it. It's all luck

I don't believe in luck.
If you work (hard) for it, you will definitely get it.
It all depends on how determined you are.
Perseverance.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. by burp18: 4:28pm On Mar 25, 2023
mariahAngel:

I don't believe in luck.
This is not necessarily always true. We cannot all be successful. Alot of people work so had for that dream life they want for themselves but it just never happens. It's just life.

21 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. by Klass99(f): 4:28pm On Mar 25, 2023

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. by ibechris(m): 4:30pm On Mar 25, 2023
Klass99:

I strongly disagree with this point. Give me one billion naira or dollars as inheritance and watch me manage, grow and multiply that sum so I don't ever have to worry about money or live in penury.

I have watched too many stories of people who squandered a windfall (a large amount of money that is won or received unexpectedly) and were forced to return to a wretched life, for me to make that same mistake. I like to learn from other people's experience so I don't experience the same thorns and pain they did.

Below solves it.

FIRST GENERATION.....in every generation,there are those who built wealth.

SECOND GENERATION.....those who sustain the wealth and make even more.

THIRD GENERATION.......and these are those who squanders everything.

AND this usually takes place within 30 years or less.

Some are not always lucky to have this wealth passed down to the next generation. If u look around u,u will see many of such.

I can give u examples MKO Abiola,JJ Ogbulafor father of former PDP chairman late,Goddy Anabor,Kola Aluko.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. by mployer(m): 4:34pm On Mar 25, 2023
There's more to life than just being rich.

You can be rich and still be a failure in life.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. by Truthful08: 4:34pm On Mar 25, 2023
Klass99:

True, but only if the investments are unknown scams to begin with, like the scam Bernie Madoff pulled off years ago in the US or a harsh economic environment causes a good investment to go south. It won't be because I failed to do my due diligence or I failed to get professional advice and help from finance experts.
Which means handing down a billion dollar inheritance to you doesn't automatically translate to you being rich! So why the argument?

3 Likes

Re: The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. by burp18: 4:37pm On Mar 25, 2023
Klass99:

True, but only if the investments are unknown scams to begin with, like the scam Bernie Madoff pulled off years ago in the US or a harsh economic environment causes a good investment to go south. It won't be because I failed to do my due diligence or I failed to get professional advice and help from finance experts.
you could spend 10 years preparing for it and it'd still fail at start up.

4 Likes

Re: The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. by Klass99(f): 4:38pm On Mar 25, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. by ibechris(m): 4:42pm On Mar 25, 2023
Klass99:

Lol, Ibe abeg leave story and give me the one billion first na. Just like you said in your first post, when you envision the life you want and work towards it or work for it, it pretty much becomes your reality. I envision myself not squandering billions in inheritance and that thought alone will be made a reality, come rain or sunshine.

My dear,things dey happen and I don't pray we use ourselves as examples.

I have observed one thing,check ur neighbourhood,those whose fathers were very rich around us say 25 to 30 years ago...most of them have become poor and the reverse is becoming the case.

2 Likes

Re: The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. by mariahAngel(f): 4:45pm On Mar 25, 2023
burp18:
This is not necessarily always true. We cannot all be successful. Alot of people work so had for that dream life they want for themselves but it just never happens. It's just life.

What is successful to you might not be to another person.
You define your own success.
I believe, if at any point in your life, you consider yourself successful (through your work) then you're successful in your own rights.
Success is infinite. How far are you willing to go before you call it a day?

6 Likes

Re: The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. by burp18: 4:49pm On Mar 25, 2023
mariahAngel:

What is successful to you might not be to another person.
You define your own success.
I believe, if at any point in your life, you consider yourself successful (through your work) then you're successful in your own rights.
Success is infinite. How far are you willing to go before you call it a day?
Think of it this way, what would happen if we were all successful? No one would want to render any form of service to anyone because we are all equals. It's just life and there's always a balance. They'll always be needs and there will always be people who can fill these needs. That's why we can't all be successful no matter how hard we try.

3 Likes

Re: The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. by Klass99(f): 5:02pm On Mar 25, 2023

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:51pm On Mar 25, 2023
Klass99:

In my neighbourhood those whose fathers were rich 25 to 30 years ago, are doing really well today, the reverse wasn't the case for them because their fathers set them up nicely. Either with quality education, landed property or both, landed property in your city (Abuja) where the value hardly ever depreciates. I think I also disagree with your first point on education because I have seen a good education do wonders for some people and made them rich irrespective of their parent's wealth. You know the sort of education that opens doors for you to correct places, abi?

Linda for example (not her real name) started her career in Chevron, then moved to Accenture, from Accenture to Halliburton, from Halliburton to ECOWAS, ECOWAS to the UN, etc. And you want to tell me this person is not rich and can never be rich from her education or the different places she has worked? She built her own house from the ground up through one of her jobs, even if she is not rich in money and assets, she has a wealth of experience that is rich and full, which I won't mind for myself.

Even in my family those who were rich, their kids are even doing much better for themselves while those who were poor are even mucb poorer today and their kids are now poor too.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. by Klass99(f): 6:01pm On Mar 25, 2023

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. by Kaycee54321(m): 6:36pm On Mar 25, 2023
ibechris:

U can only be what u have visioned and worked for

Not entirely true. Some people have vision, work hard and smart but their visions just didn't materialize because of external factors such as environment, exposure and money.

And for money, it's easier to be wealthy if you're born into wealth than if you're born in poverty.

Jowizaza or DJ Cuppy has a higher chance of maintaining wealth than Daniel whose family lives in a rented 3 bed apartment in Egbeda.

That's just life. If the rich cry, the poor cry harder. Like someone said, na just time & chance.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. by anibirelawal(m): 6:49pm On Mar 25, 2023
Well....... as you implies, it may not make you rich, but Education can get you rich.
Re: The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. by CaveAdullam: 7:06pm On Mar 25, 2023
1. A university is a place of higher education where individuals gain knowledge and skills that can be used to gain a better advantage in any chosen profession. It's a cynosure for ideas from different perspectives, fused into one place so that everything taught and learned will be robust for profits, sustainability, and development.

Take for example a traditional herbalist who can get medication from a different potpourri of plants that can heal. This is based on experience.
However, he lacks knowledge of the biochemical process that resulted in that healing. He doesn't even know the constituents of the plants. All he knows is that plant A + plant B can cure Mr. C's illness.

If he decides to understand this whole process, he takes a pharmaceutical or biochemical course at the university. His horizon widens, and his repertoire of knowledge gets fat. This additional knowledge will fetch him more money as it is an upgrade. Even his clients will be happy to pay more if they are well-enlightened.

Originally, the higher institution wasn't meant for the poor and low IQ. It was for the elites and monarchs to train their kids in preparation to take their position after they retire or die. The peasants were meant to take local professions. Those with high IQs could fit well into the system and benefit largely because, by their IQ, they are curious and hungry for more knowledge.

Fast track to our contemporary day, the university has been filled with low IQs. People are not hungry for knowledge, but see it as a means to an end - money.

The monetization of the university by the government has even made things worst. Centers for learning and education are scattered all over the place, not for educational purposes per se but for profits. You know this by the series of departments and courses they create annually; this is to accommodate more students - the higher the number of students, the higher the profits.

A university education is not a waste. It seems like a waste in many nations today because there is no enabling environment to practice your profession and put every knowledge and skill into action.

Education can make you richer than the layman practicing the same profession as you. It's a matter of having the right tool and environment to implement that which you have learned.

2. Only a foolish son will squander the riches of his parents. Born into a rich home is a rollercoaster to wealth. It saves time and any unnecessary hustles. It gives you an edge over your peers. It gives you connections to other rich people.

Being born into a poor family is a setback. A huge disadvantage that can impede your movement and render you unable to do something meaningful with your life.
It takes a subset of individuals from poor backgrounds to experience success. The majority never meet up.

You can't compare an almajirai child running in the streets of Borno state under a scorching sun, begging for alms with a Saudi young prince. Both are not only continents apart, but in their destiny also. The prince is already in his monarchy while the almajirai is still somnabulating and looking for food to eat.

Being born with a silver spoon matters.

3. Positive thinking helps. Determination is good. Hard work is necessary. Consistency is a prerequisite.

But people do underestimate LUCK.

Your positive mindset, determination et al., are good as nothing if you don't have luck, a chance to make the big blow, and win.

You can't compare a prisoner to a free man. A healthy man to a psychiatric patient. Those that make a breakthrough from rugged conditions are the exceptions, not the rule. Luck met and blessed them.

If your environment is bad, you'll hardly see success. If government policies aren't favorable, you'll struggle hard. If you're not born with the right genetics, you'll triple work your way up.

Be prepared enough. Nothing is set in stone. We live by faith and hope, expecting to reach our destination someday. We must keep moving.

May we be favored by luck and chance.

Thanks.

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. by ItisWell22(f): 7:23pm On Mar 25, 2023
mariahAngel:

I don't believe in luck.
Perseverance.

Working hard doesn’t guarantee success. 😢

But we’re still grinding and hoping… 🙏🤲

2 Likes

Re: The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. by emmaodet: 7:32pm On Mar 25, 2023
ibechris:

Below solves it.

FIRST GENERATION.....in every generation,there those who built wealth.

SECOND GENERATION.....those who sustain the wealth and make even more.

THIRD GENERATION.......and these are those who squanders everything.

AND this usually takes place within 30 years or less.

Some are not always lucky to have this wealth passed down to the next generation. If u look around u,u will see many of such.

I can give u examples MKO Abiola,JJ Ogbulafor father of former PDP chairman late,Goddy Anabor,Kola Aluko.

You are totally right.
That is why there is a saying that -

Bad times create strong men,
Strong men create good time,
Good time create weak men
And weak men create bad time

The owners of GIGM, Ekeledichukwu luxirious bus etc are dead but their children are struggling to keep the companies afloat.
Most rich nigerian entrepreneurs will see their biz fold up 40/50 years from now while a new generation of hungry men with business acumen will spring up from the poor homes.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. by Apus: 7:36pm On Mar 25, 2023
Interesting insights here.

I doubt we'd ever reach any conclusion on this matter.

Time and chance happen to some.

There is also the place of hardwork and struggle but unfortunately, this does not always guarantee success. Several limiting factors might account for this. In such situation it's resilience that will see you through. The never give up spirit.

6 Likes

Re: The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. by pocohantas(f): 8:17pm On Mar 25, 2023
Kaycee54321:

Not entirely true. Some people have vision, work hard and smart but their visions just didn't materialize because of external factors such as environment, exposure and money.

And for money, it's easier to be wealthy if you're born into wealth than if you're born in poverty.

Jowizaza or DJ Cuppy has a higher chance of maintaining wealth than Daniel whose family lives in a rented 3 bed apartment in Egbeda.

That's just life. If the rich cry, the poor cry harder. Like someone said, na just time & chance.

Nawa. Stray bullet done touch Daniel and Egbeda. 😀😀😀

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. by wunmi590(m): 8:30pm On Mar 25, 2023

Hmmm
Re: The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. by Nazgul: 8:54pm On Mar 25, 2023
burp18:
you could have a billion dollars and still make poor investments and become poor.
That's impossible...if I have that kind of money sitting in my account, I'll just go into real estate. Buy acres of land in 3 populated states, convert it into a mini estate, develop it into block of flats and rent them out.

If I choose to do nothing till I reach 90, I'll never be poor, cos tenants would keep renting my properties which means money would keep coming.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:29pm On Mar 25, 2023
mariahAngel:

I don't believe in luck.
Perseverance.
yes I agree, with perseverance, you get to know how to succeed and learn from failure, different factors that can lead to failures, and then you master your craft ultimately.

2 Likes

Re: The Brutal Truth No One Would Tell You. by purples25(f): 9:49pm On Mar 25, 2023
The brutal truth is that nothing guarantees anything.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Sleep With At Least 56 Men Per Week, My Boss Inclusive–bank Employee Confess / Now my watch is ended / Nigerians And Poverty: Certain Acts That Perpetuate Poverty In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.