Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,567 members, 7,801,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics (42135 Views)

Starlink Cuts Price Of Start-up Kit For Nigerians To $99 / Nigerians To Submit Their Phone's IMEI Number To NCC From July / Nigerians To Submit Phone IDs In Three Months - NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by FarmTech(m): 9:13pm On Mar 25, 2023
Nigerians have been advised by Police to activate locks on their Subscriber Identification Module (SIM) cards.

Public Relations Officer in Lagos, Benjamin Hundeyin gave the advice in a Twitter post after the arrest of a syndicate.

The spokesperson revealed that members of the syndicate pick phones and discard them after removing SIM cards.

With the stolen SIM cards, they use bank USSD to buy airtime as it usually does not require PIN.

Hundeyin said the criminals proceed to empty their victim’s account one way or the other after gaining access.

The only SIM cards the syndicate never succeeded with were ones with SIM lock. Activate your SIM lock today,” he urged.

There’s a sharp increase in unauthorised transfers and bills payments causing banks to issue reminders to customers on how to safeguard their accounts.
https://dailypost.ng/2023/03/25/police-urge-nigerians-to-activate-sim-lock-reveal-criminals-tactics

36 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Bidemio: 9:19pm On Mar 25, 2023
This happened to my colleague at work last year, they emptied her account by using the sim card to buy airtime and then selling it

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Sugoi: 9:56pm On Mar 25, 2023
This one Na old news.... All my sims are locked. My son showed me shege before I started taking that stuff seriously..anytime I load like 3k airtime on my phone before you know it, it has vanished with less than 3 phone calls. First I tried putting password on my phone but it wasn't working. Until I found out that when I am not around, my eldest son would take my phone, bring out my sim card, put it in his phone and transfer all the airtime in it to his own sim.

199 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by ayodaisi: 9:57pm On Mar 25, 2023
I don go buy padlock be dat

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Rebuker(m): 9:57pm On Mar 25, 2023
We know this na
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by usecondom(m): 9:57pm On Mar 25, 2023
Necessary

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by sniperr007(m): 9:57pm On Mar 25, 2023
Thank you

8 Likes

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by emetisuccess(m): 9:57pm On Mar 25, 2023
First time police make sense. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Trackstars: 9:57pm On Mar 25, 2023
Thiefnubuu's employees (agbero) will not like this info.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by 5iine: 9:57pm On Mar 25, 2023
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by bigdammyj: 9:57pm On Mar 25, 2023
Noted.
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Femisol(m): 9:57pm On Mar 25, 2023
Oluwa protect us from known and unknown robbers in our midst

Nigeria matter has really made me feel downcast

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:58pm On Mar 25, 2023
This advice would have gone further to gives steps in locking SIM

102 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by wiseone28: 9:58pm On Mar 25, 2023
If you forget the pin na wahala you enter so

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by thedio(m): 9:58pm On Mar 25, 2023
This happened to me about 3weeks ago when somebody stole my phone and purchased 20k recharge card from my bank account.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Runaway: 9:59pm On Mar 25, 2023
Good advise..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Seankhalifa: 9:59pm On Mar 25, 2023
Very soon we go dey fear technology pass human beings.... how dem go comot 1m 4 peson account

1 Like

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:59pm On Mar 25, 2023
GeneralPula:
Do not joke with all of these things..

We presently live amidst the 10th deadliest terrorist group on earth..

Stay Vigilant..

Why are all those in your list having root to ISLAM?

17 Likes

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Brushstrokes20: 9:59pm On Mar 25, 2023
# TIMELY INFO!
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by jyz200(m): 9:59pm On Mar 25, 2023
Wow
From Nigeria police
I can’t believe this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by GoodBoi1(m): 9:59pm On Mar 25, 2023
Yep. SIM lock is very necessary as it plays a major security role in accessing online services

2 Likes

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Xb7nnauna: 10:00pm On Mar 25, 2023
Jay1
Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by KanwuliaExtra: 10:01pm On Mar 25, 2023
GO AND ACTIVATE THE SIM LOCK OF MAHMOOD AND APC-INEC FIRST.
Those are the real criminals. cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Zico5(m): 10:02pm On Mar 25, 2023
Ok

1 Like

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by AdamCole: 10:02pm On Mar 25, 2023
Cant trust these niggas no more.

Everyone moving shady these days that's why i got my Kala by my side..

If you do anyhow, i root out my Kala and shatter your skull in pieces.

Stay woke, stop sleeping on top bicycle.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by nedekid: 10:02pm On Mar 25, 2023
GeneralPula:
Do not joke with all of these things..

We presently live amidst the 10th deadliest terrorist group on earth..

Stay Vigilant..
Guess you did not see the 6, 7 groups.

4 Likes

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by eroticecstasy: 10:02pm On Mar 25, 2023
Pin isn't safe as well, wrong pin will request for PUK, wrong PUK will destroy the line permanently.

My accounts are connected to a sim, that phone does not pass my gate

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by xpiranza88: 10:03pm On Mar 25, 2023
Normally if ur phone is stolen or u misplaced it the first thing to do is to call customer care and block the line immediately......that's what I when my phone got missing

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Urge Nigerians To Activate SIM Lock, Reveal Criminals’ Tactics by Sacchi1162(m): 10:03pm On Mar 25, 2023
H

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy / Phones Are Becoming So Ugly / MTN Apologises For Glitch, Customer's Debts To Be Restored.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.