Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

Is Taking My In-law To Court Is Best Option - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Taking My In-law To Court Is Best Option (1796 Views)

Lady Studied Law To Get Her Father Out Of Prison (Photos) / Help, My Elder Brother Is Taking Advantage Of My Sick Father! / Man Impregnates His Sister In-law To Punish His "Abusive" Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Taking My In-law To Court Is Best Option by phidipe(m): 3:29am On Mar 26, 2023
I have not seen my child going to months now, all efforts made proved abortive, I don't want to be a deadbeat dad, my aunt intervene to no avail, mother in law was just cursing. I made some mistakes going to a year now I have apologize church has apologize on my behave still no respites
I hold myself responsible for the wrong doing, I did not commit adultery nor beat or cheat. But I lied on certain issues which later blown Open and this is amendable. Please good people here should I go to court please.
Reading that Ghanian guy looking for his dad today breaks my heart I don't want the same to happen to me please should I go ahead and sue them
Re: Is Taking My In-law To Court Is Best Option by burp18: 3:35am On Mar 26, 2023
phidipe:
I have not seen my child going to months now, all efforts made proved abortive, I don't want to be a deadbeat dad, my aunt intervene to no avail, mother in law was just cursing. I made some mistakes going to a year now I have apologize church has apologize on my behave still no respites
I hold myself responsible for the wrong doing, I did not commit adultery nor beat or cheat. But I lied on certain issues which later blown Open and this is amendable. Please good people here should I go to court please. Reading that Ghanian guy looking for his dad today breaks my heart I don't want the same to happen to me please should I go ahead and sue them
what did you do??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Taking My In-law To Court Is Best Option by budaatum: 3:43am On Mar 26, 2023
burp18:
what did you do??

Good place to start.

3 Likes

Re: Is Taking My In-law To Court Is Best Option by phidipe(m): 3:46am On Mar 26, 2023
Non disclosure of previous relationship that leads to having a baby though not married, because three times after then that I tired to enter a relationship went bad.
Re: Is Taking My In-law To Court Is Best Option by burp18: 3:48am On Mar 26, 2023
phidipe:
Non disclosure of previous relationship that leads to having a baby though not married, because three times after then that I tired to enter a relationship went bad.
How old is the baby now?
Re: Is Taking My In-law To Court Is Best Option by phidipe(m): 3:50am On Mar 26, 2023
Six months old
Re: Is Taking My In-law To Court Is Best Option by burp18: 3:55am On Mar 26, 2023
phidipe:
Six months old
i may be wrong. But this seems to be case of you not being involved in her life during the pregnancy stage.
Re: Is Taking My In-law To Court Is Best Option by budaatum: 3:56am On Mar 26, 2023
phidipe:
Six months old

Which one is 6 months old, the undisclosed one or the one you're considering suing for?

3 Likes

Re: Is Taking My In-law To Court Is Best Option by burp18: 3:58am On Mar 26, 2023
budaatum:

Which one is 6 months old, the undisclosed one or the one you're considering suing for?
lol
Re: Is Taking My In-law To Court Is Best Option by phidipe(m): 3:58am On Mar 26, 2023
The Undisclosed one is 8 years old the new baby is just 6 months old
Re: Is Taking My In-law To Court Is Best Option by burp18: 3:59am On Mar 26, 2023
8years old? Omo. Even I wouldn't forgive you grin

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Taking My In-law To Court Is Best Option by phidipe(m): 4:08am On Mar 26, 2023
It wasn't deliberate she is in Lagos I'm in Ondo State working mother took upon herself to be threatening me with this, with that I got tired, I even tired to visit it was not possible they blocked me in all means through which I could access them what can I do

i may be wrong. But this seems to be case of you not being involved in her life during the pregnancy stage.[/quote]
Re: Is Taking My In-law To Court Is Best Option by phidipe(m): 4:09am On Mar 26, 2023
(8years old? Omo. Even I wouldn't forgive you

Haaaaaaaaa that is too much

1 Like

Re: Is Taking My In-law To Court Is Best Option by budaatum: 4:09am On Mar 26, 2023
burp18:
8years old? Omo. Even I wouldn't forgive you grin

I, at least, would never ever trust him after such deceit, so I guess he'll have to settle for another baby he might not be seeing for a while.

Op, sue me please.
Re: Is Taking My In-law To Court Is Best Option by phidipe(m): 4:13am On Mar 26, 2023
Please I don't understand your posting explain better please
budaatum:

I, at least, would never ever trust him after such deceit, so I guess he'll have to settle for another baby he might not be seeing for a while.

Op, sue me please.
Re: Is Taking My In-law To Court Is Best Option by budaatum: 4:17am On Mar 26, 2023
phidipe:
Please I don't understand your posting explain better please

You deceived me to get what you want and now that I've found out I am really really hurt.

What don't you understand? That you committed fraud and deceit? That I'm hurt?

4 Likes

Re: Is Taking My In-law To Court Is Best Option by phidipe(m): 4:22am On Mar 26, 2023
But what do you think I can do, you can't throw the baby away with bathing water,
budaatum:

You deceived me to get what you want and now that I've found out I am really really hurt.

What don't you understand? That you committed fraud and deceit? That I'm hurt?

Re: Is Taking My In-law To Court Is Best Option by budaatum: 4:27am On Mar 26, 2023
phidipe:
But what do you think I can do, you can't throw the baby away with bathing water,

In your case, I am throwing away water I consider dirty while intending to keep my baby. I wouldn't want my baby bathing in the already dirty water.

What you might want to do is wait for my heart to soften so you may see if I forgive you a little, or you can choose to fight me and make me more angry at your deceit.

Do know though that if you choose the former you may have to wait a very long time, like when my baby is about to start university, but if you choose the later it might become forever.

3 Likes

Re: Is Taking My In-law To Court Is Best Option by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:46am On Mar 26, 2023
budaatum:

In your case, I am throwing away water I consider dirty while intending to keep my baby. I wouldn't want my baby bathing in the already dirty water.

What you might want to do is wait for my heart to soften so you may see if I forgive you a little, or you can choose to fight me and make me more angry at your deceit.

Do know though that if you choose the former you may have to wait a very long time, like when my baby is about to start university, but if you choose the later it might become forever.

There's nothing like 'my baby' as often used by you women, if the union is legal.
You can only emphasize on your rights to have full custody of the baby at this tender age.
The baby is not yours personally just for being the mother, it belongs to both couple, and both should have equal access.

It is illegal for either couple to claim full ownership without any recourse to the court.

Op should take it up legally, and add kidnapping and child trafficking to the charges.

4 Likes

Re: Is Taking My In-law To Court Is Best Option by budaatum: 4:53am On Mar 26, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

There's nothing like 'my baby' as often used by you women, if the union is legal.

I guess we shall let the court decide if the union you obtained through deceit is legal or not.

3 Likes

Re: Is Taking My In-law To Court Is Best Option by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:00am On Mar 26, 2023
budaatum:

I guess we shall let the court decide if the union you obtained through deceit is legal or not.

Deceit can lead to the end of the union itself, but doesnk't change the parental status of baby(-ies), irrespective of who has the full custody.

The marriage will end definitely, the baby will remain with the mother for now, but the father will still be involved in his/her upbringing.

7 Likes

Re: Is Taking My In-law To Court Is Best Option by budaatum: 5:04am On Mar 26, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

The marriage will end definitely, the baby will remain with the mother for now, but the father will still be involved in his/her upbringing.

At my convenience. And I've suggested in 18 years time.

I don't want dirty water dirtying my baby, thank you very much. And it seems the mother of his 8 year old doesn't want to neither, or I would have known about it before he got me pregnant.

3 Likes

Re: Is Taking My In-law To Court Is Best Option by budaatum: 5:16am On Mar 26, 2023
Op, I have one more alternative for you. Be patient. Because any rash decision will make me fight you even more.

And if for one moment you think it's my parent's you'd be fighting, then you don't know the woman you deceived.

1 Like

Re: Is Taking My In-law To Court Is Best Option by NoToPile: 5:54am On Mar 26, 2023
You better calm down and let time heal this wound.

She's dealing with your deceit the best way she deems fit, that's her own way of dealing with it. Just give it time they will come around.

You too did bad, really bad, didn't tell her you had an 8 year old child?

If you go to court, you have just compounded the issue and your marriage may never recover from it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Taking My In-law To Court Is Best Option by b4ball: 6:28am On Mar 26, 2023
If you are intent on saving your marriage, then patience will be a virtue.

But if the marriage is gone and it’s about your child now, no human being irrespective of marital status, emotional feelings, can deny you access to your child. At this tender age, truth is custody belongs to the mother, but visitation and involvement in the child’s life is your inalienable rights. How the mother or your in-laws feel is inconsequential in this. When marriage fails, the next important thing are the wellbeing of the kids, and it’s not decided on the emotions of any partner. This is classic child abduction; yes you heard that right, a parent can abduct a child. She can be arrested for it.

2 Likes

Re: Is Taking My In-law To Court Is Best Option by Foodqueen(f): 9:01am On Mar 26, 2023
What about the other child. Are you seeing him/her frequently.

Some women can't stand you talking about seeing any other child apart from theirs.
Re: Is Taking My In-law To Court Is Best Option by shox(m): 9:13am On Mar 26, 2023
You no even imagine what you would have done if reverse was the case.

The headline for brutal and all manner of people go come this thread to unleash violence
Re: Is Taking My In-law To Court Is Best Option by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 26, 2023
phidipe:
Six months old

You have been whining here since this year, please go to court already... You have every right to your child, if they don't want the marriage anymore, then let them go but fight for your kid else, what you fear might come upon your child

1 Like

Re: Is Taking My In-law To Court Is Best Option by Ishilove: 10:18am On Mar 26, 2023
Op, invite welfare to settle the matter. Shikena. They shouldn't block access to your child, even though you fücked up big time. Forget that marriage, e don scatter, so the least you can do is fight to be granted access to the child

3 Likes

Re: Is Taking My In-law To Court Is Best Option by mrblessed(m): 11:10am On Mar 26, 2023
Continue to maintain the tempo; they will answer you soon. Since you ain't taking the child away after going AWOL, they should at least let you see the child.

2 Likes

Re: Is Taking My In-law To Court Is Best Option by Dogalmighty17: 11:26am On Mar 26, 2023
budaatum:
Op, I have one more alternative for you. Be patient. Because any rash decision will make me fight you even more.

And if for one moment you think it's my parent's you'd be fighting, then you don't know the woman you deceived.

Are you the wife in question?

2 Likes

Re: Is Taking My In-law To Court Is Best Option by CodeTemplar: 1:38pm On Mar 26, 2023
budaatum:

Good place to start.
curiosity could destroy. OP is after identifying with the child.

(1) (2) (Reply)

/ Please I Need Your Help / Should I Stop Giving Money To My Daughters Mother?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.