Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 (59346 Views)

Reno Omokri's Prayer For President Buhari At 79 / Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today / Moment Oladipo Diya Kneeling And Begging Abacha Not To Kill Him -VIDEO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by Kay25(m): 12:11pm On Mar 26, 2023
Maxymilliano:

https://nationalinsightnews.com/gen-oladipo-diya-dies-at-79/
This man saw hell under abacha but when God says it's not yet your time u won't die young Sha ni no matter how the death may come looking for you keep resting man
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by Kay25(m): 12:14pm On Mar 26, 2023
Sammysolution:

If diya is a coward, what then can we call ojukwu who ran away from the war he started
and na ordinary awolowo give advice wey make ojukwu fall yakata oooo awon omo ole oshi alagidi iro
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by Mercury12(m): 12:15pm On Mar 26, 2023
07kjb:

Go and learn the true meaning of a coward

A war Lord and coward doesn't appear in the same sentence

cry me a river Niger😂 ojukwu the coward that ran away and left his people at the mercy of Nigerian soldiers
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by Kay25(m): 12:15pm On Mar 26, 2023
jamesversion:

But as far as definition of cowards goes, Diya qualifies as one.

Sorry, if that hurts your feelings
. grin tongue
And u that u are not coward ur own generals died early and none of them ever rose up to be any good for this land again..talk of nzeogwu tell me on general from ignoland that has ever been useful again none
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by samwash(m): 12:19pm On Mar 26, 2023
gasparpisciotta:
RIP Gen Diya. You deserve a state burial

Gen Obasanjo will never be respected after his death, he sold us for cheap.

I nor hear you well ?
You can not write the history of Nigeria without mentioning Obasanjo's name.
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by grandstar(m): 12:21pm On Mar 26, 2023
He was the chairman of a wedding I attended many years back, before Abacha's coup.
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by ntyce(m): 12:28pm On Mar 26, 2023
madridguy:
Gen Sani Abacha used him eyes see shege then to the extent of making him cry publicly on national TV only for Abacha to give him white handkerchief again to wipe his years.

R. I. P Lt- General Diya.

Lies, wasn't on National TV

AlMustapha secretly recorded the video and made it public at Oputa panel.

1 Like

Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by ademi87(m): 12:34pm On Mar 26, 2023
Goodmarlian:
nor be this man wey kneel down beg abacha for one video like that cry cry general... grin
you would have done the same bro.....even as a citizen not dealing with him directly, we were terrified of him grin

1 Like

Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by Xtristopher: 12:47pm On Mar 26, 2023
I still don't understand why every topic in this forum always ends in tribal war. Is anything wrong with us ?

1 Like

Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by MatrixCircle: 12:48pm On Mar 26, 2023
R.i.p Diya. He was a very professional soldier and discipline. Back in the days.
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by MatrixCircle: 12:53pm On Mar 26, 2023
Mercury12:
cry me a river Niger😂 ojukwu the coward that ran away and left his people at the mercy of Nigerian soldiers
He held UK + Nigeria for 3 years with bare hands. That's what it means to be a General.
He got his General by war and not politics.
We have fought war and know it and can improve. Your people don't know it.
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by Mercury12(m): 12:59pm On Mar 26, 2023
MatrixCircle:

He held UK + Nigeria for 3 years with bare hands. That's what it means to be a General.
He got his General by war and not politics.
We have fought war and know it and can improve. Your people don't know it.
you fought well no doubt. But it was a foolish fight bro. If you play chess you will know there a good moves weak moves and bad moves.
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by Pharaoh4rin(m): 1:04pm On Mar 26, 2023
He's more popular than his age. Bad guys are more popular than their age.
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by Mccullum: 1:05pm On Mar 26, 2023
RIP to the rtd. General
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by Pharaoh4rin(m): 1:05pm On Mar 26, 2023
He's more popular than his age.
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by SSpeter(m): 1:06pm On Mar 26, 2023
maivd:

But ojukwu ran away in female clothes,left his people to die and beg to come back to Nigeria.
It is better to rebel and runaway than to go on your knees and beg your juniors, then on National Tv to beg your Master I will rather disguise and abscond
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by Alasca70(m): 1:09pm On Mar 26, 2023
RIP ! Rest on old soldier
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by SSpeter(m): 1:13pm On Mar 26, 2023
jamesversion:

Yeah, you guys are right. Ojukwu was also a coward as far as the definitions goes. undecided

Maybe Nigerians generally are cowards. That is why the government can decide to squeeze the life out of her citizens and everyone will keep mute. undecided
Naaah in a war you either lose or win but when you lose never allow your enemy to capture you, if you cannot abscond you commit suicide. Ojukwu rebelled and ranaway. Remember Trump told McCain he wasn't smart that was why he was captured. Even the Nazis ranaway when the war wasn't in their favor. But to beg on your knees on National TV is a shame, even Mamman Vasta couldn't do it and he took the bullet like a man after several attempts to escape didn't work
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by femisplash: 1:18pm On Mar 26, 2023
obyno82:

He never begged, there was a negotiation between Shagari and Ojukwu
Ojukwu wept and begged for forgiveness. https://www.nairaland.com/6911492/believe-denis-ukume-ojukwu-wept
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by jamesversion: 1:20pm On Mar 26, 2023
Kay25:

And u that u are not coward ur own generals died early and none of them ever rose up to be any good for this land again..talk of nzeogwu tell me on general from ignoland that has ever been useful again none

To K25, yom2, Kenny9857, vatod, Naz34, Ilefoaye, Coputa, Zezco, Golan007, Elsudani and other Yorubas who might quote me later, Oladipo Diya cried on national TV with catarrh running down his nose like a little baby.

Oladipo Diya satisfies the definition of a coward.

A coward is a person who is contemptibly lacking in the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things.(Noun)

excessively afraid of danger or pain. (Adjective).

If you guys are lacking in English comprehension, that is not my problem.

If you like Insult Igbos, i don't remember saying I'm one. grin
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by MatrixCircle: 1:26pm On Mar 26, 2023
Mercury12:
you fought well no doubt. But it was a foolish fight bro. If you play chess you will know there a good moves weak moves and bad moves.
How was it a foolish fight. When people brought a fight to your house, so you should just stay and watch them annihilate the entire of your clan. It's only a fool will watch. We defended ourselves and this attitude of heroism has been passed down from generations to the present generation.
The reason igbo don't fear anyone or anywhere in the world. They go and conquer.
Ojukwu alone funded the war.
Now if it happens again, though we don't want that. But ibos are wealthier and in all parts of the world. We have enough people that can fund whatever weapons we would need all around the world. So if we want to flatten Nigeria into a desert it won't take us a year.
So make una mind una self.
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by lildush(m): 1:29pm On Mar 26, 2023
Rest in peace sir... This will be said about all of us some day.. so why hating each oda. Why fighting and killing each other. Wen we all know 1 day we will all die too. Wat an irony of life.. take some time off and think about your life.. how far and how well have you done.. mean while we're is tinubu ☹️☹️
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by kennethesan(m): 1:37pm On Mar 26, 2023
Wow! RIP Great Man.
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by EvangelistChuks(m): 1:37pm On Mar 26, 2023
Life ,ephemaral,transient. Just like the word it was created from; a vapor without the Holy Spirit condensate.
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by Zeezenho: 1:39pm On Mar 26, 2023
Another afonja cowards.his master odogwu abacus is waiting for him on hell.
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by OzekaFelix(m): 1:44pm On Mar 26, 2023
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by pquaver(m): 1:46pm On Mar 26, 2023
AnotherMANpikin:
RIP.....both tinubu, ghaba shehu, isa patami, mamoud yakubu, fani kayode, dino melaye, and all those behaving like they will live in this world forever, one day we will all die.

No peter obi will live forever na. Nonsense abd ingredients..
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by maivd: 1:49pm On Mar 26, 2023
SSpeter:
It is better to rebel and runaway than to go on your knees and beg your juniors, then on National Tv to beg your Master I will rather disguise and abscond
Tell that to the 3 million souls that died, and oh remind them that the instigator of the war left them in the hands of the enemies,who saw compassion on fellow humans and integrated them back into the union,and if you feeling like laying down innocent souls again we are always ready.
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by BigIyanga: 1:50pm On Mar 26, 2023
The man who betrayed his kinman-MKO to become Abacha’s VP…He was later framed up by Abacha and Mustapha in a fake coup… when he opposed Abacha’s bid to transition to a democratically-elected president.

Most Nigerians only care about injustice when it’s done to them.
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by Burgerlomo: 1:50pm On Mar 26, 2023
RIP sir 🙏
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by Mercury12(m): 1:55pm On Mar 26, 2023
MatrixCircle:

How was it a foolish fight. When people brought a fight to your house, so you should just stay and watch them annihilate the entire of your clan. It's only a fool will watch. We defended ourselves and this attitude of heroism has been passed down from generations to the present generation.
The reason igbo don't fear anyone or anywhere in the world. They go and conquer.
Ojukwu alone funded the war.
Now if it happens again, though we don't want that. But ibos are wealthier and in all parts of the world. We have enough people that can fund whatever weapons we would need all around the world. So if we want to flatten Nigeria into a desert it won't take us a year.
So make una mind una self.

Hahahaha Igbos and chest beating as usual. 😂
Same mistake your forefathers made.
Gene is Strong o.
Your forefathers pass their hateful and bigoted nature down to y'all and y'all are most like to make same mistake.
Have you heard that no country survived second civil war? If you want your Biafra better start preparation for the war. We will teach you lessons we taught your fathers lol
Re: Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 by Ebymyk(m): 1:57pm On Mar 26, 2023
Godspeed Soldier...Salute you...

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Tinubu Begins Distribution Of Rice To Kano Residents (Photo) / We Beat Ekweremadu And He's In Shock - IPOB Man Brags In Front Of German Police / Soldiers In Show Of Super Human Strength At An Event (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.