Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,802 members, 7,806,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

Idowu Lost- Two Prompts And Two Stories I Gave Chat GPT - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Idowu Lost- Two Prompts And Two Stories I Gave Chat GPT (361 Views)

Chat GPT 4/plus Available At Not So Cheap Rate / Share Some Of Your Chat Gpt Prompts / Best Stories I Have Read On Nairaland. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Idowu Lost- Two Prompts And Two Stories I Gave Chat GPT by Divepen1(m): 10:44am On Mar 26, 2023
Prompt 1:
Write a thriller of Nigerian man that is being chased out of his house by a senator and wants to kill the senator. Let it be metaphorical for people being sent away from their lands. Characters names: Idowu Timeyin. The land belongs to his father. His child is currently sick and his mother had an accident. His wife had died some years back. Eventually, he loses because he didn't use the right channel.

Story
Idowu Timeyin’s heart was pounding in his chest as he ran through the darkened streets, his breath coming in short, laboured gasps. Behind him, the sound of pursuing footsteps echoed off the walls of the surrounding buildings, the sound getting closer and closer by the second.

He knew who was chasing him. He knew the man who wanted him dead. His name was Senator Olu, a crooked politician with a vast network of corrupt connections. And he was after Idowu for one reason only - to take his land.

The land had been in Idowu’s family for generations. It had been passed down from his father, who had tended it with love and care. It was more than just a plot of earth to Idowu. It was a legacy, a connection to his roots. And he had fought tooth and nail to keep it from the politicians who wanted to take it for their own gain.

But now, in the dead of night, as he was running for his life, he knew he was going to lose the battle. He had lost everything else. His child was sick, his mother had had an accident, and his wife had died years ago. The land was all he had left, and he was about to lose that too.

With a last burst of energy, he rounded a corner, his breath coming in ragged gasps. He stumbled and fell, his knee hitting the hard pavement with a sickening thud. He gritted his teeth, his eyes locked on the figure of Senator Olu, who was advancing on him, a glint in his eye.

But then, something in Idowu’s mind clicked. He remembered all the advice he had been given, all the people who had told him to fight the right way, to use the proper channels. And he had ignored them all. He had let his anger and frustration cloud his judgement, and now he was paying the price.

With a deep sense of regret, Idowu Timeyin raised his hands in surrender. Senator Olu’s minions closed in, their grinning faces leering down at him. And then, without a word, they dragged him away, tossing him into the back of a waiting van.

There was no more running now. No more fighting. Only a deep sense of loss and regret. As the van drove away, Idowu knew that he had lost everything. He had lost his land, his freedom, and the chance to be with his sick child, who needed him now more than ever.

The lesson had been learned too late. The price had been too high. And as Idowu’s world shrank down to the small, confined space of the van, he knew that his fate was sealed. He would never see his home again, never breathe the fresh air of his land, never know the love and warmth of his family.

In the end, Idowu Timeyin lost his battle. But as the van drove away into the dark, foreboding night, his spirit remained unbroken. For he knew that there were others like him, others who had lost everything, others who were fighting the same battle. And he vowed that he would never stop fighting for what was right, for what was just, for what was theirs by birthright.

1 Like

Re: Idowu Lost- Two Prompts And Two Stories I Gave Chat GPT by Divepen1(m): 10:44am On Mar 26, 2023
Prompt 2

Add dialogue to the prompt above

Story
Idowu Timeyin stood at the entrance of his father's house, his heart pounding in his chest as he watched Senator Oluwole and his men approach.

"You have no right to be here, Senator," he shouted, his voice laced with anger.

"I have every right, Idowu," Oluwole said, a smug grin spreading across his face. "This land belongs to the government now."

Idowu's hands clenched into fists. He knew what this was really about - the senator wanted his land. His father had refused to sell it to him, and now that he was gone, the senator saw an opportunity to take it for himself.

"My child is sick," Idowu said, desperation creeping into his voice. "My mother had an accident. We have nowhere else to go."

"I'm sorry, Idowu," the senator said, his tone mockingly sympathetic. "But this land belongs to the government. You need to leave."

Idowu knew he had to leave, but he refused to do so quietly. He turned and sprinted for the back door of the house, hoping to grab a weapon to defend himself.

"Get him!" the senator shouted, and his men took off after Idowu.

Idowu burst through the back door and ran to his father's room. He grabbed the first thing he saw - an old wooden cane - and turned to face the men who were now pouring into the room.

"You should have sold the land, Idowu," the senator said, a sneer on his face. "Now you'll pay the price."

Idowu swung the cane wildly, hitting two of the men in quick succession. He felt a momentary sense of triumph, but it was short-lived. The remaining men tackled him to the ground and held him there, crushing the breath out of him.

As he lay there, gasping for air, the senator loomed over him.

"You lose, Idowu," he said, his voice low and menacing. "Don't try to fight the system. You'll always lose."

Idowu knew the senator was right. He should have gone through the proper channels, should have fought this in court. But it was too late now.

He lay there, defeated, as the senator and his men walked out of the room. The metaphorical significance of it all was not lost on him. He had been uprooted from his land, just like so many others before him. He wondered if there was any hope for him and his family as darkness enveloped his vision.

The End.
Re: Idowu Lost- Two Prompts And Two Stories I Gave Chat GPT by leroi01(m): 10:50am On Mar 26, 2023
Chat GPTcan only do so much but i t cannot add nuances, plot twists, soliloquoy, neither can it be subtle. So... it's good...but human minds are still way up there. ( especially as regards creative writing.)
Re: Idowu Lost- Two Prompts And Two Stories I Gave Chat GPT by Divepen1(m): 11:00am On Mar 26, 2023
leroi01:
Chat GPTcan only do so much but i t cannot add nuances, plot twists, soliloquoy, neither can it be subtle. So... it's good...but human minds are still way up there. ( especially as regards creative writing.)

I believe if you decided to include all those in your prompt, it will do that. Nonetheless, we just have to write with the intention of being creative
Re: Idowu Lost- Two Prompts And Two Stories I Gave Chat GPT by leroi01(m): 4:09pm On Mar 26, 2023
Divepen1:

I believe if you decided to include all those in your prompt, it will do that. Nonetheless, we just have to write with the intention of being creative

Perhaps it can.

Let's try. Add these to your prompt, let's see.

(1) (Reply)

Why 2023 Global Terrorism Report Says Nigeria Is Getting Safer / Coming Soon...wow Africa / The "Do It Little" Syndrome (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.